Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,841 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:50 AM

Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent (37333 Views)

Monkeys Snatch Coronavirus Blood Samples Of Patients In India / Doctors Charles Ikeji & Terhemba Lan Suspended Over Deaths Of Patients. PHOTOS / Oluchi Okoro Dies At COOU Teaching Hospital Amaku In Hands Of Student Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by incogni2o: 6:43pm On Jan 27, 2021
grin grin
Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by Omezif(m): 6:44pm On Jan 27, 2021
We pray never to be sick that will lead to disgrace.

3 Likes

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by airsaylongcome: 6:44pm On Jan 27, 2021
Stan2330:
Everything una go dey claim right both the one make no reach to dey drag

A teaching hospital is so called because it where doctors are taught clinical medicine..
If you want ur privacy, go to a private
hospital

I wish I could personally give you 1000 likes. If you don't like it either pay for private ward or get the doc to come treat you at home.

Does the author know how many patients are seen daily that the doc won't even remember you? Some conditions are so rare that when a Consultant sees it he will ask everyone from Senior Reg down to House men to come and see

12 Likes

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by inoki247: 6:44pm On Jan 27, 2021
Make them dey form over sabi av watched different India Movies that when the Dr wants to do surgeries they call in Drs that came for training and they all observe things together if you doubt me I will give you title of one....
Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by Angelfrost(m): 6:44pm On Jan 27, 2021
Okay... So, I came to read the thread with all awe and seriousness, but that second post or reply just off me totally... I just can't stop laughing! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by Magldsns: 6:45pm On Jan 27, 2021
Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by Prophylactic: 6:46pm On Jan 27, 2021
The man is not sick, how Will the student doctors learn? Everyone be claiming sense in Nigeria but when actual sense problem come they will run and hide

1 Like

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by Aksnoopy: 6:47pm On Jan 27, 2021
Stupid, illiterate man, that's why it's called Teaching Hospital. If you ain't comfortable with that, go to private hospital.

It's same abroad, that's why medical students abroad pay malpractice fee. lipsrsealed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by Olayetan(m): 6:47pm On Jan 27, 2021
Imagine if they start asking patients for their consent and they all decline, how will those students learn the practical process.

So far they are descreet with it without any form of documenting for public to know, then I see no reason why they should seek your consent.
They are all doctors and have right to touch and see any part of your body in the process of treating you.

3 Likes

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by toprealman: 6:48pm On Jan 27, 2021
Stan2330:

A teaching hospital is so called because it where doctors are taught clinical medicine..
If you want ur privacy, go to a private hospital
A teaching hospital should also have a documented standard operating procedure which should be properly communicated to all interested parties.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by Angelfrost(m): 6:50pm On Jan 27, 2021
Stan2330:

True...

However, nothing wrong in seeking the patient's permission or getting him on board. It isn't written anywhere that individuals forfeit their personal constitutional rights to privacy all because they are admitted to a teaching hospital.

There are always better and more humane ways to do things... Courtesy is not that big a deal.

My opinion anyway.

12 Likes

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by tishbite41(m): 6:52pm On Jan 27, 2021
Stan2330:

apt!
Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by LOCKHEEDVET: 6:55pm On Jan 27, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by IbnBattuta1960: 6:55pm On Jan 27, 2021
It's very worrisome.
Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by ElijahIme1992(m): 6:56pm On Jan 27, 2021
Loooool if dem no get hands on practice how dem wan take get experience?
Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by leofab(f): 6:56pm On Jan 27, 2021
Angelfrost:

True...

However, nothing wrong in seeking the patient's permission or getting him on board. It isn't written anywhere that individuals forfeit their personal constitutional rights to privacy all because they are admitted to a teaching hospital.

There are always better and more humane ways to do things... Courtesy is not that big a deal.

My opinion anyway.
your opinion can’t equate to fact... bye
Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by SeriouslySense(m): 6:58pm On Jan 27, 2021
Things are happening shocked shocked shocked shocked

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by Angelfrost(m): 6:58pm On Jan 27, 2021
leofab:
your opinion can’t equate to fact... bye

When you have enough substance to negate what I posited, mention me... Till then, stay gone.

2 Likes

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 27, 2021
lalasticlala:
A Nigerian Twitter user, Eketi, has called out doctors in teaching hospitals for exposing their patients to student doctors without their consent.

@eketiette wrote

https://twitter.com/eketiette/status/1354059260473257987?s=19

Another Twitter user, Prophet_Emekka, reacted and shared his own experience:

https://twitter.com/Prophet_Emekka/status/1354122500624560129?s=19

The doctors that you're consulting gained their experience by fingering other people's anus grin. So why can't other people also benefit from you ? A pregnant woman that's about to give birth does not care about privacy. Once water burst she becomes desperate

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by effty(m): 6:59pm On Jan 27, 2021
TCD:
Its a teaching hospital, its primary purpose is for teaching and research. Although consent should always be sought before physically examining the patient. But bear in mind if you refuse to contribute to the teaching of those students, the hospital and the doctor also has a right to refuse to manage your case and refer you to another hospital. Autonomy goes both ways.
Sense full this comment. Absolute spot on.

4 Likes

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by golddare: 6:59pm On Jan 27, 2021
lalasticlala:
A Nigerian Twitter user, Eketi, has called out doctors in teaching hospitals for exposing their patients to student doctors without their consent.

@eketiette wrote

Privacy for teaching hospital, "kontinu", you better waka go private for privacy.
Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by peacettw: 6:59pm On Jan 27, 2021
airsaylongcome:

I wish I could personally give you 1000 likes. If you don't like it either pay for private ward or get the doc to come treat you at home.

Does the author know how many patients are seen daily that the doc won't even remember you? Some conditions are so rare that when a Consultant sees it he will ask everyone from Senior Reg down to House men to come and see

Totally true.
Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jan 27, 2021
I can imagine the patient shock especially if it's the patient first time in the teaching hospital and doesn't have any doctor friends or relatives to preinform them. Anyway me I enjoy watching Botched because I enjoy seeing free breast,ear and nose reconstruction done by Dr Terry Dubrow and Dr Paul Nassif , the reality is that doctors need to be exposed to different scenarios to a medical challenge.
Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by Cutehector(m): 7:00pm On Jan 27, 2021
The op and the man no get sense... If he needs privacy he should go to a private hospital. That is why it is called private.. Some nigerians no get sense sef with all their education

1 Like

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by Rapture4real(m): 7:00pm On Jan 27, 2021
I once had this experience with.my wife in a Teaching hospital.
Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by edoairways: 7:00pm On Jan 27, 2021
Brendaniel:
country where they do not value human rights, at least consent is needed...
The patient should opt in for general hospital instead of teaching hospital. There is a reason why it is called that name

1 Like

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by thatigboman: 7:01pm On Jan 27, 2021
So how do they teach the student doctors if not with such practicals?
About 2 years ago, my wife was admitted at national hospital abuja. And doctor came in with about 5 student doctors while my wife was pratically naked. I was so mad, but what can i do? They did their check up and left.
Even in US and UK, it's same way they teach student doctors. Those guys u call student doctors will become consultants tomorrow.

5 Likes

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by ElijahIme1992(m): 7:02pm On Jan 27, 2021
Loooool I jst get wan funny thought for mind nw... Imagine say u carry ur wife go see gynaecologist so as the doctor dey check him come call him trainee make dem come see something or test for the puna side omo me I no go gree o....

1 Like

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by Olayetan(m): 7:03pm On Jan 27, 2021
tillaman:
Wait but when they were fingering your anus what was your reaction ??
You liked it right ? I bet you do

cheesy

He must have enjoyed it for him not to have slapped any of the student to stop

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by Cowmilk(m): 7:03pm On Jan 27, 2021
Doesn’t sound right,I as a student Dr visited another teaching hospital for a skin complaint and I was used to teach other medics rotating through that posting at that time,pics of the skin lesion was even taken although with my consent,that they all examined you without ur consent is a lie,you have the right to refuse any treatment or examination

3 Likes

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by BRATISLAVA: 7:03pm On Jan 27, 2021
lalasticlala:

@eketiette wrote

So true. I've heard of how they call students in to see private places without any permission, and the person who complained was treated with disdain.

They should give consent forms. Not when they open the curtains and a gaggle of students come to look and walk away without even shutting the doors.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Removes Clothes, Runs Unclad In Utako, Abuja / 'Taking Fanta, Sprite With Vitamin C Is Poisonous' - Court Orders NAFDAC To Warn / 5 5555

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.