Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

How To Stay Motivated With Little Or No Support From People - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Stay Motivated With Little Or No Support From People (125 Views)

The Goldilocks Rule: How To Stay Motivated In Life And Business / Journey So Far! : Corona Lockdown Motivated Me To Start My Youtube Channel. / 7 Things Entrepreneurs Can Do To Stay Motivated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Stay Motivated With Little Or No Support From People by zykita(f): 10:46am On Jan 27, 2021
I remember when I first told people I wanted to start a blog. A lot my friends were genuinely happy for me and urged me to do it. They even promised to support me. They reposted my links and checked out my works.

But after a few months, only a few people were still actively checking out my posts and sharing my links. At that point, I felt like giving up on blogging. I mean what's the point of having a blog no one visits.

Even one of my Facebook friends went through this. When she announced she was getting her book published, a lot of people including me congratulated her and showed interest in buying the book. But when the book finally came out, only a few people bought it. I didn't buy the book. In my defense uhm I was broke. Let's just say I only remember about her book when I don't have money to spare.

A lot of us have been there. Having a lot of people promising to support us at the start of a business only to find out that we are on our own. It sucks but life is like that, unpredictable.

So what do we do in times like this? How do you not give up, when you can't find customers to patronize you or readers who are genuinely interested your work. How do you not lose interest?

In this article, I would be sharing some of tips that helped me find motivation within myself to get up and blog when only a few people were rooting for me.( They were below 10)

5 Ways to stay motivated

Trust me, they are really simple steps yet they can make a big difference in your life

1) Create a blue print for your goals

When I first started my blog, I didn't really have clearly defined goals. I just wanted to write, get people to share my posts and make money. When this didn't happen, I felt utterly devastated. (I was already depressed, this just made it worse)

Read more
https://kitavibez.com/five-ways-to-stay-motivated-with-little-or-no-support-from-people/

(1) (Reply)

Firstcheck Opens A Funding Platform To Support Women In Tech In Africa / Hustle And Download / Telegram Channel For Over 1k Subscribers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.