Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:38 PM

Best Universities In Nigeria 2021 - Webometrics - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Best Universities In Nigeria 2021 - Webometrics (57736 Views)

Best Universities In Nigeria 2021 - Webometrics / Webometrics Ranking Of Nigerian Universities (2020) / 89% of Nigerian Universities Fail to Make Top 5,000 in the World - Webometrics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Universities In Nigeria 2021 - Webometrics by DenreleDave(m): 5:00pm On Jan 27, 2021
daxon001:
Graduated from the number 1 uni but see me after 2 yrs or so...broke like f..uk angry

Make a fortune from this amazing opportunity. Call/text 09063152

How come. U r still broke
Re: Best Universities In Nigeria 2021 - Webometrics by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jan 27, 2021
AnI77:

Adekunle Ajasin University ranks "higher than" University of Calabar & University of Benin. This is a big load of bull s**t.

It means that lecturers in Adekunle Ajasin publish more quality research than Uni Cal and Ben, respectively.
Re: Best Universities In Nigeria 2021 - Webometrics by Stomoney(m): 5:02pm On Jan 27, 2021
I thought as much undecided
collagiatepaper:

Webometrics is a very fraudulent site that even collects money from schools to rank them according to how they gave.
Re: Best Universities In Nigeria 2021 - Webometrics by Gwals25(m): 5:03pm On Jan 27, 2021
So oau ranking has picked up despite not releasing any major articles or profound theories��in two years

MR-STEAL-YO-GAL
Re: Best Universities In Nigeria 2021 - Webometrics by Doyin2(m): 5:07pm On Jan 27, 2021
Very misleading headline.

The ranking is just about online relevance,not academic excellence.

1 Like

Re: Best Universities In Nigeria 2021 - Webometrics by Mvena(f): 5:08pm On Jan 27, 2021
HigherEd:
Webometrics offers data on online relevance of academic publications of a university.

The top two universities remain unchanged from last year's result. University Of Ibadan is number 1, Covenant University is number 2.

The top ten universities have seven federal universities, two private universities and one state university.

1 University of Ibadan
2 Covenant University Ota
3 Obafemi Awolowo University
4 University of Nigeria
5 University of Lagos
6 Ahmadu Bello University
7 Federal University of Technology Akure
8 University of Port Harcourt
9 Landmark University
10 Adekunle Ajasin University
11 Bayero University Kano
12 Federal University of Technology Minna
13 University of Calabar
14 Ladoke Akintola University of Technology
15 University of Benin

http://webometrics.info/en/Africa/Nigeria
Benue state na even 41,dey try for dem o
Re: Best Universities In Nigeria 2021 - Webometrics by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 27, 2021
This is how it works.
If I am a lecturer in OAU.
If I receive a grant to do some research in the USA, say MIT. If I publish a paper, the published article will carry OAU and MIT. Automatically, it increase OAU ranking.
Internationally, universities are ranked based on their research output. That is the only plain field in academic
Re: Best Universities In Nigeria 2021 - Webometrics by apple30(f): 5:20pm On Jan 27, 2021
jiissus undecided so uniabj no even dey top 10..chai capital city fa grin ...mmn yimmu lipsrsealed
Re: Best Universities In Nigeria 2021 - Webometrics by Emeka71(m): 5:34pm On Jan 27, 2021
See uniBEN is gradually dropped in ranking. smiley
Re: Best Universities In Nigeria 2021 - Webometrics by edoairways: 5:40pm On Jan 27, 2021
BigDick70inch:

[b]Now u beginning less intelligent??
R u saying AAUA is funded more than those federal/private/state below??[
/b]
Read the word fund. Ask yourself if it only government that fund research in public schools?
Re: Best Universities In Nigeria 2021 - Webometrics by Indispensable85(m): 5:50pm On Jan 27, 2021
How can uniben be 15th. Una dey mad ni?
Re: Best Universities In Nigeria 2021 - Webometrics by wonder233: 5:51pm On Jan 27, 2021
Uniben is number 1
pretydiva:
University of Benin still remain my no 1. Take it or leave it
Re: Best Universities In Nigeria 2021 - Webometrics by wozsteve: 5:53pm On Jan 27, 2021
The best universities are usually hard to get into... especially if you're looking for a course like Medicine and Surgery.

Check out the Easiest University For Medicine and Surgery Admission here: https://myinstu.com/easiest-university-for-medicine-and-surgery-admission/
Re: Best Universities In Nigeria 2021 - Webometrics by BRATISLAVA: 6:31pm On Jan 27, 2021
privaldo:
The rankings by Webometrics is always biased and 'trashy'. Imagine ranking Stellenbosch University before University of Witswaterand, or Alexandria University. Even check out Federal University, Dutse ranking higher than Bowen and Babcock. Once again this list is for the waste bin.
Little wonder people don't take their rankings seriously, if you want a well researched ranking of universities, check out: QS, Times Higher Education, and ARWU.

But Stellie is that good. It's more prestigious.
Re: Best Universities In Nigeria 2021 - Webometrics by paulsoniv: 6:37pm On Jan 27, 2021
DenreleDave:
Wow, my school has gone up oooo..

Number 11... I think from number 13 or 15 Sha...

Anyway, they are still going to top 10, then 5...

Buk to the world

Proudly BUKite
Re: Best Universities In Nigeria 2021 - Webometrics by sript: 6:37pm On Jan 27, 2021
BigDick70inch:
yes Oo.. We the only state university in the top 10...... Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba Akoko no be beans Oo..... That's my alma mata.....

I schooling there currently, the school no be moimoi
Re: Best Universities In Nigeria 2021 - Webometrics by subcbouy: 6:43pm On Jan 27, 2021
Many still think having a vast land makes them the best universities, when you go to all these top hundred universities have no vast land but still have a strong input in contribution to knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Best Universities In Nigeria 2021 - Webometrics by privaldo: 6:50pm On Jan 27, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

But Stellie is that good. It's more prestigious.

I never said Stellenbosch wasn't good. It's among the best South African universities alongside University of Cape Town and University of Witswaterand, my argument is that in recent times the ranking of Stellenbosch has dropped, and so it shouldn't be placed up there because of its age long reputation.
Re: Best Universities In Nigeria 2021 - Webometrics by BRATISLAVA: 7:00pm On Jan 27, 2021
privaldo:

I never said Stellenbosch wasn't good. It's among the best South African universities alongside University of Cape Town and University of Witswaterand, my argument is that in recent times the ranking of Stellenbosch has dropped, and so it shouldn't be placed up there because of its age long reputation.

Be that as it may, I tend to think of them as one of the best, if not the best. It's only recently Wits has been getting there. How the mighty are fallen.
Re: Best Universities In Nigeria 2021 - Webometrics by BigDick70inch(m): 7:00pm On Jan 27, 2021
sript:

I schooling there currently, the school no be moimoi

Nice...
Am a graduate already already...
Done with service too....
Re: Best Universities In Nigeria 2021 - Webometrics by PierreAbutu(m): 7:26pm On Jan 27, 2021
HigherEd:
Webometrics offers data on online relevance of academic publications of a university.

The top two universities remain unchanged from last year's result. University Of Ibadan is number 1, Covenant University is number 2.

The top ten universities have seven federal universities, two private universities and one state university.

1 University of Ibadan
2 Covenant University Ota
3 Obafemi Awolowo University
4 University of Nigeria
5 University of Lagos
6 Ahmadu Bello University
7 Federal University of Technology Akure
8 University of Port Harcourt
9 Landmark University
10 Adekunle Ajasin University
11 Bayero University Kano
12 Federal University of Technology Minna
13 University of Calabar
14 Ladoke Akintola University of Technology
15 University of Benin

http://webometrics.info/en/Africa/Nigeria

Whoever compiled this list is maddddd

Covenant university is d BEST UNIVERSITY IN NAIJ
Argue with your free mtn 10mb

No federal university should be there
Nonsense

Federal schools on strike, plagued with sorting, inadequate facilities, sexual predators and harassment, cultism activities.....etc are among the best universities

Op....behave

1 Like

Re: Best Universities In Nigeria 2021 - Webometrics by OwenJesse27(m): 7:35pm On Jan 27, 2021
pretydiva:
University of Benin still remain my no 1. Take it or leave it
Are you in university of Benin?
Re: Best Universities In Nigeria 2021 - Webometrics by Flamemignon1(m): 7:39pm On Jan 27, 2021
DenreleDave:

Buk to the world
Sorry, i'm gonna derail a bit but do people tease and bully you about your name on this forum?

1 Like

Re: Best Universities In Nigeria 2021 - Webometrics by MissJoy29(f): 7:39pm On Jan 27, 2021
cassyrooy:
Where is ABSU? The best State University in Nigeria? grin grin

Oh! They're in the 60s.
Bia! Iffa catch you eh!

How do you feel today?
Re: Best Universities In Nigeria 2021 - Webometrics by webizone(m): 7:40pm On Jan 27, 2021
abimic:
Trashy rating, universities whose web presence is poor would suffer poor rating here, Public institutions here generally have poor web presence, with poor security architecture and longer than life feedback in case of enquiries. what is my alma mater doing at 15? UNIBEN use to be in 8 in my school days and i expected them to have shot up.
What are they doing with poor web presence in 2021? Does it show they are developing or not? Then they deserve it.

1 Like

Re: Best Universities In Nigeria 2021 - Webometrics by IamCookie(f): 7:52pm On Jan 27, 2021
BigDick70inch:
yes Oo..
We the only state university in the top 10......
Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba Akoko no be beans Oo.....
That's my alma mata.....

Wow!* That s my Alma Mata too . 2007 set. Economics/education✔️
Re: Best Universities In Nigeria 2021 - Webometrics by BigDick70inch(m): 7:56pm On Jan 27, 2021
IamCookie:

Wow!* That s my Alma Mata too . 2007 set. Economics/education✔️

Wow!!!up aauaite....
Studied microbiology....
Set 2017....

1 Like

Re: Best Universities In Nigeria 2021 - Webometrics by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 7:57pm On Jan 27, 2021
DenreleDave:

Buk to the world
my school is going up too... 13 now. proudly a malabite. I'm surprise we surpassed Uniben
Re: Best Universities In Nigeria 2021 - Webometrics by DenreleDave(m): 8:04pm On Jan 27, 2021
Flamemignon1:

Sorry, i'm gonna derail a bit but do people tease and bully you about your name on this forum?

How??
Re: Best Universities In Nigeria 2021 - Webometrics by Duru009(m): 8:15pm On Jan 27, 2021
So, National Open University- is better than Badcock and Igbinedion University
Re: Best Universities In Nigeria 2021 - Webometrics by Handsomebb: 8:25pm On Jan 27, 2021
Proudly AAUA

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Choose Your Best Subject Here And Someone Will Ask You A Question / FUTO Graduate Dies Days After Making Scary Facebook Post (Photos) / N5Bn Covenant University Research Center In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.