Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,255 members, 7,807,880 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

Whatsapp Is Now On Status - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Is Now On Status (49868 Views)

Whatsapp Is About To Stop Working On Windows And Some Android/ios Phones / Whatsapp Is Temporarily Banning ‘gbwhatsapp’ Users / [opinion] Whatsapp Is The Worst: 8 Reasons You Should Ditch It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by 9jayes: 7:33am On Jan 28, 2021
Ads showing loading...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by beardedboy(m): 7:33am On Jan 28, 2021
meobizy:
I like it. It reminds me of when Tom was my MySpace buddy. Nairalanders won’t remember that era. There was also the Yoruba boy of NaijaPals who loved attention so much that he followed Tom’s example. I doubt Hi5 had such a character. Mark should follow suit on Facebook. He made friendship with himself optional. Person go old if he dey find the possibility here.

Now, if only the contact can send nudes daily.
Who be this one?

You think people don't know myspace and Hi5?

Hopefully, my Hi5 account will still be active.

3 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by Cti28(m): 7:33am On Jan 28, 2021
heniford2:
saw it their sales really slowed down recently and will go down more even Facebook too
Maybe Trump is "Trumpetising" them for banning him.
Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by Seniorwriter(m): 7:33am On Jan 28, 2021
Diversity is the bane to any Tech Invention
Growing your Tech brand to completely accommodate critics view most times makes it appealing to clients around the globe
The world as a global village makes Tech brands like WhatsApp to always be on their toes with their thinking cap always ON!!!

Proactivity Leads To Productivity!!!!

@SeniorWriter
Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by Nobody: 7:33am On Jan 28, 2021
when I saw this yesterday morning
I was shocked... since it said it can't view our status and privacy I think it's ok if not I would have mute it...
Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by lapazi(m): 7:33am On Jan 28, 2021
Nairaland is slow!

This should have hit front page like yesterday!

7 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by Nobody: 7:35am On Jan 28, 2021
Nbotee:

Dey do not generate funds by selling anything. Atleat not at the moment. Traffic isn't sales
Wrong, if you can't figure out what a company is selling or how they make their profit then you should know that you are the product.

You make use of it, advertiser market their products and they send traffic down your site. So yes traffic can easily be translated into sales it you know what you are doing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by senm117(m): 7:35am On Jan 28, 2021
Better
Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by Obiossy(m): 7:36am On Jan 28, 2021
Nbotee:

Sales? What are they selling? They did it as a result of all the yeye unfounded privacy fears been fuelled by d likes of telegram and Signal

Bro they are lying, I was discussing about importing sex items , immediately I logged into my Facebook account I started seeing ads relating to my private chat with my Chinese contacts

9 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by Cutiekatty: 7:37am On Jan 28, 2021
Nbotee:

Sales? What are they selling? They did it as a result of all the yeye unfounded privacy fears been fuelled by d likes of telegram and Signal

Stocks
Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by MrNipplesLover(m): 7:37am On Jan 28, 2021
I saw it on mine yesterday.
Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by MoIbrahim: 7:39am On Jan 28, 2021
Nbotee:

Dey do not generate funds by selling anything. Atleat not at the moment. Traffic isn't sales

To start, yoo you think all the money mtn, glo, airtel and etisalat deduct from you for using data on WhatsApp and Facebook remains with the telcoms only? Think again o.

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by money121(m): 7:40am On Jan 28, 2021
Ok
Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by Bayhaqqi: 7:40am On Jan 28, 2021
So now that WhatsApp is advertising itself..let start advertising my self too..
Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by Bayhaqqi: 7:40am On Jan 28, 2021
So now that WhatsApp is advertising itself..let me start advertising my self too..
Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by wumi2017(f): 7:42am On Jan 28, 2021
Same thing here.. contact Wunmi's Collection for any kinds of ur footwears � guess what? It's very affordable
Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by Nobody: 7:46am On Jan 28, 2021
heniford2:
saw it their sales really slowed down recently and will go down more even Facebook too
u just dey guess abi
Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by BenAndrew: 7:47am On Jan 28, 2021
We talking about privacy and mark just invaded mine by appearing on my status without my consent!

3 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by ChiefAfonja: 7:47am On Jan 28, 2021
Saw it since yesterday grin
Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by ChiefAfonja: 7:48am On Jan 28, 2021
BenAndrew:
We talking about privacy and mark just invaded mine by appearing on my status without my consent!

Carry your wahala go meet Buhari

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by KushLyon(m): 7:49am On Jan 28, 2021
This is not the first time they have done this na, last year when I opened a new whatsapp account I saw this same thing... No be new thing
Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by Nbotee(m): 7:52am On Jan 28, 2021
CamusMidas:

Wrong, if you can't figure out what a company is selling or how they make their profit then you should know that you are the product.

You make use of it, advertiser market their products and they send traffic down your site. So yes traffic can easily be translated into sales it you know what you are doing.

U ppl are getting it wrong. Is it WhatsApp dat is selling anything?? WhatsApp doesn't make sales. WHATSAPP AS AN APP ISNT SELLING ANYTHING!!

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by theuniquealan: 7:52am On Jan 28, 2021
They do generate alot of money from selling your information and chat Metadata to advertisers. Then use it to targets users on Facebook and Instagram.

3 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by Nobody: 7:54am On Jan 28, 2021
Nbotee:

U ppl are getting it wrong. Is it WhatsApp dat is selling anything?? WhatsApp doesn't make sales. WHATSAPP AS AN APP ISNT SELLING ANYTHING!!
Lol, you are the product. They are selling your data, how hard is that for you to understand?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by theuniquealan: 7:55am On Jan 28, 2021
Nbotee:

They do generate alot of money from selling your information and chat Metadata to advertisers. Then use it to targets users on Facebook and Instagram.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by Springboot: 7:57am On Jan 28, 2021
heniford2:

Please where did you see it and what slaes exactly? You guys just type nonsense online.

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by Laggafin: 7:57am On Jan 28, 2021
So what the Bleep is it about??
Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by Yankee101: 8:00am On Jan 28, 2021
Nbotee:

WhatsApp makes money through two sources — the first being WhatsApp for Business API and the second Click to WhatsApp ads. ... Businesses are allowed to respond to messages from users for free for up to 24 hours but are charged a fee per message for delayed responses, which varies by country.
Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by Jungleluv5: 8:01am On Jan 28, 2021
But I thought WhatsApp belong Facebook now
Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by Nbotee(m): 8:03am On Jan 28, 2021
CamusMidas:

Lol, you are the product. They are selling your data, how hard is that for you to understand?

Some of U are funny.. If they are selling ur data like U claim, why would dey b worried about sales reducing? Did the buyers stop buying ur data? It's funny when some of U talk about ur data being sold. The same data most ppl very openly display on social media platforms?

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by Nbotee(m): 8:05am On Jan 28, 2021
Yankee101:

WhatsApp makes money through two sources — the first being WhatsApp for Business API and the second Click to WhatsApp ads. ... Businesses are allowed to respond to messages from users for free for up to 24 hours but are charged a fee per message for delayed responses, which varies by country.

WhatsApp ads isn't up and running yet which is why I said not at the moment. For now it's d traffic for dem
Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by BizBayo: 8:07am On Jan 28, 2021
meobizy:
I like it. It reminds me of when Tom was my MySpace buddy. Nairalanders won’t remember that era. There was also the Yoruba boy of NaijaPals who loved attention so much that he followed Tom’s example. I doubt Hi5 had such a character. Mark should follow suit on Facebook. He made friendship with himself optional. Person go old if he dey find the possibility here.

Now, if only the contact can send nudes daily.

I remember MySpace well grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nokia 3310 Vs New Nokia 3310: What's The Change 17 Years After? / Dolphin Returns Woman's Phone After She Dropped It In Sea / Funny ! iPhone6 Owners say their hair now rips off When They Make Calls [Photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.