Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

Whatsapp Is Now On Status - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Is Now On Status (49869 Views)

Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention / Whatsapp Is About To Stop Working On Windows And Some Android/ios Phones / Whatsapp Is Temporarily Banning ‘gbwhatsapp’ Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by daniwise(m): 9:45am On Jan 28, 2021
heniford2:
saw it their sales really slowed down recently and will go down more even Facebook too, first time am hitting front page since 2010 oh nobi small thing

Kukushua

Use am go collect money for CBN

U hear?
Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by heniford2: 9:50am On Jan 28, 2021
daniwise:

Kukushua

Use am go collect money for CBN

U hear?
dude lower your mind down oh nobi me be your village people wia carry your matter for head

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by bamac(m): 9:54am On Jan 28, 2021
What you are all running from are what google, facebook, twitter and all of them are already doing.

Whatever advert you see on your timeline on twitter, facebook, Google are all as result of what you do on your gadgets.

Come to think about it, we are all trying to upgrade on sales and we want to do it digitally, how will it be possible when your data is not accessible? They can't just push any ad to you as it will be waste of money and it will also not be palatable for you.

As a digital marketer, I set up the targets including interest, location, age and others... Without having access to your data, then it will be waste of money for me or my clients. If it keeps going and I am not getting good result, they will also lose my loyalty.

You are in business, you want it to grow, yet you don't want them to have access to your data that will enable them to reach you with ad that will catch your attention. Yet, you want your own business to be seen by amother on the internet.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by Nbotee(m): 9:56am On Jan 28, 2021
Nuel4:
lol you are unbelievably naive. So you believe Mark host a platform with over 1 billion users and he isn't making any money from it? Mark is a psychopath

Some of U lack comprehension skills. Go back and read my comment carefully.. WhatsApp making sales and WhatsApp generating revenue are 2 different things. Dat WhatsApp isn't into sales doesn't mean they don't generate revenue in any other ways.
Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by Gidagreen(m): 10:00am On Jan 28, 2021
They are preparing the floor for a massive adverts that would be forced on users through the status updates.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by Nobody: 10:04am On Jan 28, 2021
Nbotee:

Some of U lack comprehension skills. Go back and read my comment carefully.. WhatsApp making sales and WhatsApp generating revenue are 2 different things. Dat WhatsApp isn't into sales doesn't mean they don't generate revenue in any other ways.
they make sales, they just don't tell you. They sell your information. How do you think they generate the revenue?
Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by mmadu4: 10:11am On Jan 28, 2021
meobizy:
I like it. It reminds me of when Tom was my MySpace buddy. Nairalanders won’t remember that era. There was also the Yoruba boy of NaijaPals who loved attention so much that he followed Tom’s example. I doubt Hi5 had such a character. Mark should follow suit on Facebook. He made friendship with himself optional. Person go old if he dey find the possibility here.

Now, if only the contact can send nudes daily.

Tom was everyone's friend automatically though . do you know naijapals? i miss those days 2005 2006
Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by lastchild: 10:14am On Jan 28, 2021
I don't understand this post, somebody please explain
Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by lexander(m): 10:30am On Jan 28, 2021
Cutehector:
I miss yahoo messenger YIM
actually yahoo messenger still works its only the chat rooms that was discontinued
Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by TechCapon(m): 10:31am On Jan 28, 2021
heniford2:
google how the make money on it
whatsapp is not making any money yet .
Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by Nobody: 10:48am On Jan 28, 2021
Nuel4:
lol. You believe Mark is Santa Claus? They sell your data to companies for targeted advertisings
I don't even know how hard it is for that guy to out that into his empty coconut he calls a Brian.
Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by ghettochild4u(m): 10:51am On Jan 28, 2021
meobizy:
I like it. It reminds me of when Tom was my MySpace buddy. Nairalanders won’t remember that era. There was also the Yoruba boy of NaijaPals who loved attention so much that he followed Tom’s example. I doubt Hi5 had such a character. Mark should follow suit on Facebook. He made friendship with himself optional. Person go old if he dey find the possibility here.

Now, if only the contact can send nudes daily.
You reminded of those days ...naijapals was supposed to be the nairaland of today

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by Germi9: 11:24am On Jan 28, 2021
Nbotee:

Dey do not generate funds by selling anything. Atleat not at the moment. Traffic isn't sales. Some of U jus want to argue anyhow. D question isn't about whether dey generate money or not, are dey selling anything?
but bros you suppose understand wetin him mean by selling na haba!!! you are both correct in different languages
Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by ewizard1: 11:49am On Jan 28, 2021
This is what Facebook got WhatsApp for.

Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by wealthpreach(m): 12:20pm On Jan 28, 2021
heniford2:
google how the make money on it
they don't sell anything directly. Facebookade WhatsApp free a long while ago. Facebook doesn't even disclose individual revenues from their companies. WhatsApp cost is covered by businesses it powers hence, they intend starting display of ads.
Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by MoIbrahim: 1:06pm On Jan 28, 2021
Nuel4:
data is just like fuel. Facebook or Google has no business with that particular data. The data you hear people talking about is your personal information.
If you buy fuel in your car and drive it to Lagos, does the road you drive on gain anything from the fuel you are burning?

Oga Mi, I know the difference between internet data and personal data, which includes biodata.

To clarify further, do you think it is only telecoms that chop the money for the data that you use on YouTube, Spotify, Boomplay etc?
Anytime you watch or listen to FEM on any of those platforms, both Davido and the Owner of the platforms get their cuts from the telecoms. Advert is just another way that they make extra pay.
Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jan 28, 2021
MoIbrahim:

Oga Mi, I know the difference between internet data and personal data, which includes biodata.

To clarify further, do you think it is only telecoms that chop the money for the data that you use on YouTube, Spotify, Boomplay etc?
Anytime you watch or listen to FEM on any of those platforms, both Davido and the Owner of the platforms get their cuts from the telecoms. Advert is just another way that they make extra pay.
lol. Data is virtually free in India and most parts of the developed world. It is only shitholes that we see mb as valuable. Your mb is as useless as the fume which is expelled from the exhaust of a car. You pay real money to access music on Spotify, Apple music, boomplay etc. You pay real money to use YouTube or they will literally ruin your viewing with thousands of ads interruption.
Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by Philipxxxx0: 1:59pm On Jan 28, 2021
Telegram is the best now, with telegram you can organize your training and if you members come in, they will see your past videos or writings from the beginning.
Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by femmoy(m): 2:39pm On Jan 28, 2021
ignis:
No more privacy.

did you take time to read the post before saying this?
Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jan 28, 2021
Flytime:
heard it was terrible and they refused to upgrade just like seun is refusing to upgrade nairaland and they lost to emerging competitions like nairaland will most likely do if care is not taking
He's actually lost to the emerging competitors. Nairaland gets news much later than other forums. Many people I knew back then have deactivated.
Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by MoIbrahim: 2:54pm On Jan 28, 2021
Nuel4:
lol. Data is virtually free in India and most parts of the developed world. It is only shitholes that we see mb as valuable. Your mb is as useless as the fume which is expelled from the exhaust of a car. You pay real money to access music on Spotify, Apple music, boomplay etc. You pay real money to use YouTube or they will literally ruin your viewing with thousands of ads interruption.

You pay "real money" to download, not to view. Pls find out more.

Okay so you think it is only for your pleasure that celebrities keep begging you to subscribe to their channels to be notified when they upload "free" videos? How many times has basketmouth, channelstv or davido begged you to download his video on YouTube? Lol!
Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jan 28, 2021
MoIbrahim:

You pay "real money" to download, not to view. Pls find out more.

Okay so you think it is only for your pleasure that celebrities keep begging you to subscribe to their channels to be notified when they upload "free" videos? How many times has basketmouth, channelstv or davido begged you to download his video on YouTube? Lol!
lol when you subscribe to their channel, they monetize their contents. Companies pay them to snap with their products and Instagram or Facebook also pay them by targeting ads to their followers. No celebrity on earth will beg you to download their video on YouTube. They will only tell you to watch because before you watch the video, an ad is played and the more people view the ads the more money they get. The only way to escape the ads is by subscribing to YouTube premium in which case you will have to pay directly instead of helping them collect money from advertisers. You have a long way to go in this Internet monetization stuff. I have a website and I also have an Instagram account with over 10k followers. The moment you exceed 10k followers Instagram send you a notification with instructions on how to monetize your account. Your mb is 100% useless
Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by MoIbrahim: 4:00pm On Jan 28, 2021
Nuel4:
lol when you subscribe to their channel, they monetize their contents. Companies pay them to snap with their products and Instagram or Facebook also pay them by targeting ads to their followers. No celebrity on earth will beg you to download their video on YouTube. They will only tell you to watch because before you watch the video, an ad is played and the more people view the ads the more money they get. The only way to escape the ads is by subscribing to YouTube premium in which case you will have to pay directly instead of helping them collect money from advertisers. You have a long way to go in this Internet monetization stuff. I have a website and I also have an Instagram account with over 10k followers. The moment you exceed 10k followers Instagram send you a notification with instructions on how to monetize your account. Your mb is 100% useless

Okay o. I leave you to continue to enjoy your monetised 10k Instagram followers and your website in your own way, while I enjoy mine in my own WAYS.

Have a nice day.
Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jan 28, 2021
MoIbrahim:

Okay o. I leave you to continue to enjoy your monetised 10k Instagram followers and your website in your own way, while I enjoy mine in my own WAYS.

Have a nice day.
lol you. I'm just trying to educate you. 10k followers is way too small to make any real money from but once your account grows to that stage they will notify you. Go to YouTube and search how to earn revenue on YouTube and watch. Revenue on video depends on the country your viewership is coming from, the average age of your viewers and how much interest they show in the ads on your videos. A video of someone playing game with 4 million views will generate far less income than a video of someone reviewing cars with 200k views.
If your mb meant a single thing everyone would only host websites like O2TvSeries.Com and toxicwap.com where people burn gbs in few minutes. Go to those sites and see how they are filled clickbaits and hidden ads.
If you doubt that I actually have a website I will screenshot my admin page and post it here. Just stop being defensive and learn. There's no shame in learning
Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by owowa145(m): 7:56pm On Jan 28, 2021
[quote author=MoIbrahim post=98511798]

To start, yoo you think all the money mtn, glo, airtel and etisalat deduct from you for using data on WhatsApp and Facebook remains with the telcoms only? Think again o.[/quotes
So true bro✊.. The very reason highly used apps like Instagram zaps data aggressively.
Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by owowa145(m): 7:57pm On Jan 28, 2021
MoIbrahim:

To start, yoo you think all the money mtn, glo, airtel and etisalat deduct from you for using data on WhatsApp and Facebook remains with the telcoms only? Think again o.

So true bro✊.. The very reason highly used apps like Instagram zaps data aggressively.
Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by catice(m): 9:37pm On Jan 28, 2021
Wow. That's quite remarkable of you. I forgot some of these already. [quote author=centilad post=98513613]
MCommunity ~ Peperonity, Mocospace, Myspace.. grin[/quote1]
Re: Whatsapp Is Now On Status by BuySomething: 11:34pm On Jan 28, 2021
Nbotee:

Dey do not generate funds by selling anything. Atleat not at the moment. Traffic isn't sales. Some of U jus want to argue anyhow. D question isn't about whether dey generate money or not, are dey selling anything?

grin grin They sell your information to the highest bidder bro. Why do you think the US senate has been dragging them on the issue. Do more research

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nokia 3310 Vs New Nokia 3310: What's The Change 17 Years After? / Dolphin Returns Woman's Phone After She Dropped It In Sea / Funny ! iPhone6 Owners say their hair now rips off When They Make Calls [Photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.