Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,100 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) (49571 Views)

How Will The New Petrol Price & Electricity Tariff Hike By FG Affect You? / Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More / The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by Gokoyer0(m): 11:20am On Jan 28, 2021
Yoruba didn't put that calamitous failure in power. The unfortunate old man in Lagos forced the lifeless man on Yoruba people.
Didn't you see when they were using agbero to chase away voters in Lagos?Didnt you see how they threatened Igbo people in Lagos? My sister told me how people massively voted for Atiku in Ibadan but everything were rigged in SW.

What I know is that, the people that forced Buhari on Nigerians will not go unpunished, even their unforseable generations will not go unpunished as well.

Honestly, Nigeria don't deserve this. Imagine a family friend of ours, his son (27yrs old) is a first class graduate of mathematics and he is teaching in a private secondary school with paltry sum of 32,000 naira.
southniyikaye:
oga stop all these no be una yoruba people talk.
Must I be from any tribe before I voice out my frustration?
And that am yoruba, does that mean I voted APC?

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by GamalNasser: 11:22am On Jan 28, 2021
erico2k2:

if you live in the Nigeri delta and use diesel then YES.

I live in Lagos and use diesel
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by Eriokanmi: 11:24am On Jan 28, 2021
rawfact:

Buhari's Administration might not be the best in bringing prosperity to the land. But I will tell you a secret, it is building great resilience in people without him knowing. And that alone can make people (serious ones) excel faster than they would ever have done, once the economy gets better under his Administration or another.

For those who can't wait but would rather choose to relocate to a better country, the resilience built up overtime under this Administration would also work wonders for them in that country. So it's a win-win situation. Patience is a worthy virtue smiley
I don't agree with you, as far as the new tariff is concerned. When the GSM came, it was very expensive to come by. But service was OK. Gradually, as more people purchased SIM cards , the price dropped and now, SIM is almost free today. Almost every home in Nigeria today it connected to phcn grid. The energy tariff is unjustifiable. They're running the sector just like they did in the Nitel days. Be honest to yourself, we're you aware of the percentage increment in the energy tariff before they implemented it?. It was almost 100% increase yet with poor service. This government is fraudulent.

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by cadian: 11:25am On Jan 28, 2021
The OP needs to contact disco's customer care.
I experienced similar issue with my disco recently.
After several conversation via mail, a token was sent me to balance my initial transaction

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by Eriokanmi: 11:27am On Jan 28, 2021
erico2k2:

if you are near Bayelsa Bush boys will give you a drum N12 to N15k
Agreed. Even if one gets petrol via the right source, one can still run a gen for 13 hours daily with just 1,500 naira and still spend less than 50k in one month.
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by Indispensable85(m): 11:28am On Jan 28, 2021
Kelvinpam:

And when they randomly visit her place to check if the metre has been altered, hope you would be available to share the fine.

There's nothing to be afraid of. It's a clean job. They'll never know unless you tell dem. I don't want to reveal more secrets here. Even if they come to ur house with just a switch everything is back to the metre. When the criminals leave, u switch back. Bleep Buhari, Bleep all the discos. What's Nigeria minimum wage wey person go buy 38units for 2k and it's all gone in less than a week.? God punish all of them and their supporters. Do they pay for light? Rubbish!

3 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by olmoRoc: 11:29am On Jan 28, 2021
HisSexcellency:

You're all welcomed to the Next Level fasten your belt, it's going to be a tough ride ahead

I warned those singing the change mantra that it was going to be 1984 again.

We were told to tighten our belts then. That was when those rich people who used to frown at the sight of garri started trying it like crazy.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by Childrentablets(f): 11:29am On Jan 28, 2021
southniyikaye:
oga stop all these no be una yoruba people talk.
Must I be from any tribe before I voice out my frustration?
And that am yoruba, does that mean I voted APC?

Whether you vote for am or not, ur people follow put hand for this suffering wey people dey suffer. Make una dey talk truth
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:30am On Jan 28, 2021
tot:

Those elites have supporters, don't they? Are the supporters elites as well? No.

Okay, so let's all remain in the illegality and continue like that. Simple. Let corruption continue. No complaining.

What does their supporters have to do with anything at all? Is there anyway for any average Nigerian to aspire for a political office? Don't forget you can't run for office in Nigeria without a political party. For a political party to be registered they must have offices in 24 states of the federation including the FCT. Do you know the cost of all that? So what choice does the supporter have than to support those who come out from that system that he feels can give him the best returns?
Look at Buhari for example. Even though he hypocritically dresses himself as not being part of the Nigerian elite, he had to gang up with them before he could access the office he had interest in.
Corruption does not need ur approval to continue. It will continue as long as the elite want it so. Sey Buhari came in on anti-corruption song. What has he been able to do about it. Has he not tactically shifted ground and joined them?

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by Indispensable85(m): 11:33am On Jan 28, 2021
mightyhazel:
Instead of that,u minimise usage of your electricity.. because if them catch you say u by pass you go regret am

No level! Na fear make Nigeria dey where e dey so. There's no way u can minimize consumption and survive this wickedness from our government unless you don't use prepaid. I don't have heavy consuming stuffs in my house yet 38units must finish in 6days. Something is wrong somewhere.
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by papyskinsy: 11:34am On Jan 28, 2021
PHCN is really cashing out big in Nigeria especially in lagos buh no one seems to pay attention to them..
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by iamclime(m): 11:35am On Jan 28, 2021
overseasnbeyond:
The way forward is to go solar, The NEPA did not supply electricity for about 2 years to my house now and i don't care about that any longer because i generated light through solar.
The initial cost was high but the long run benefit is so satisfying..
You are just on point. A brother of mine was so frustrated last year that he went the solar way. The initial cost was a bit high (about 800k) but his family is better for it now. 24 hours electricity. What I love the most is the quiet environment. I hate the noise of generators!

3 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by Indispensable85(m): 11:39am On Jan 28, 2021
tot:

There is no difference between you all and the supposed 'people in government' that you are criticizing. That is just the bitter truth. Nigerians want a better society but at the same time they break traffic laws, litter the environment, sort in school, bypass meter etc. Those 'in govt' did not drop from the sky - they are a reflection of the society, so as you are pointing the finger, remember the remaining 4 are pointing right back at you.

We're following the foot steps of those on top. We'll continue to do so until we see changes in them. It's the leaders that should set the examples for followers. We'll continue to device means to survive their wickedness. Pretenders like you are worse off when they get to power.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by MrHighSea: 11:40am On Jan 28, 2021
OhiOfIhima:
That's d real deal now oo... If you are shouting for prepaid, u are on ur own... I pay 2k monthly here for my side, though, I don't have all this you mentioned except my sound systems, fridge and electric kettle.. Vr affordable compare to what my friends in prepaid paid.
they supply light or not, you travel or not, your transformer sick or not. tight fisted co-neighbours too.
you must pay. those things happen frequently.

power is also directly proportional to the number of occupants in the house.

With prepaid meter, you're in control.

Give us steady power and see businesses spring up.
let them try us.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by Analyst01(m): 11:43am On Jan 28, 2021
Homeboiy:
You for use that 50k buy fuel wey go carry you for one month

Except say your light na 24/7

The 50k lasted for 7 months. So, with the 2x increment, the sum would buy +3 months worth of electricity.

Can't compare it with electricity from � generators.
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by tot(f): 11:43am On Jan 28, 2021
Indispensable85:

We're following the foot steps of those on top. We'll continue to do so until we see changes in them. It's the leaders that should set the examples for followers. We'll continue to device means to survive their wickedness. Pretenders like you are worse off when they get to power.

Continue to follow each other's examples and the situation will continue. It's very simple, there is no rocket science there.
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by Indispensable85(m): 11:45am On Jan 28, 2021
tot:

Continue to follow each other's examples and the situation will continue. It's very simple, there is no rocket science there.

Yes ooooo...... We move!
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by tot(f): 11:45am On Jan 28, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

What does their supporters have to do with anything at all? Is there anyway for any average Nigerian to aspire for a political office? Don't forget you can't run for office in Nigeria without a political party. For a political party to be registered they must have offices in 24 states of the federation including the FCT. Do you know the cost of all that? So what choice does the supporter have than to support those who come out from that system that he feels can give him the best returns?
Look at Buhari for example. Even though he hypocritically dresses himself as not being part of the Nigerian elite, he had to gang up with them before he could access the office he had interest in.
Corruption does not need ur approval to continue. It will continue as long as the elite want it so. Sey Buhari came in on anti-corruption song. What has he been able to do about it. Has he not tactically shifted ground and joined them?

There is always a choice.
Anyway, I am not here to debate political issues. The bottomline is simply that as long as Nigerians support wrong doings on a daily basis, they should not expect those at the top to be magically different.
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by labi1977(m): 11:47am On Jan 28, 2021
nairavsdollars:
The electricity Tariff hike by the Discos is just alarming.
N50,000 worth of token in June 2020 gave me 2183.7Kwh

Today, I went to the same place and bought the same N50,000 worth of token gave me 991.1Kwh.

Yet, the FG suspended the recent tariff and it will take effect this month end. Maybe N50,000 token will not give me more than 200Kwh.

Naija which way

See below I posted about this back in October when I noticed it, still very shocking every time I load it.

funny enough in my other base at aja the price has not yet changed

Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by gforce5: 11:48am On Jan 28, 2021
You are wasting your time quoting that useless entity. Why he hasn't been banned is a mystery. All he does is to bumlick Bubu. Even if the country should descend to anarchy he will still support Bubu. Mindless being.
Agboriotejoye:
You will not see that useless mannabbq here
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by sirkunzy55: 11:49am On Jan 28, 2021
The best way out of this outrageous bills is going Solar.
Contact me for the purchase and installation anywhere in the country.
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by SoBright101: 11:50am On Jan 28, 2021
Buhari's poor economy policy really do me something o
Trying to work things out since 2016
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by COMPAQ(m): 11:55am On Jan 28, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Agreed. Even if one gets petrol via the right source, one can still run a gen for 13 hours daily with just 1,500 naira and still spend less than 50k in one month.

What you are getting wrong is that the guy who bought the token for N50k will not use it all in one month.

recall he said he bought the other one in June 2020. That means he used N50k worth of electricity in 6months and not one month that nost of you are using to benchmark against gen.

3 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by Nobody: 11:55am On Jan 28, 2021
overseasnbeyond:
The way forward is to go solar, The NEPA did not supply electricity for about 2 years to my house now and i don't care about that any longer because i generated light through solar.

How many units of air conditioners, deep freezers,washing machines and electric cookers do you use your solar power for? If one does not spend several millions of naira to install a solar power system, one will live in denial with very heavy restrictions like turning off your heavy appliances when using the solar power.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:57am On Jan 28, 2021
tot:

There is always a choice.
Anyway, I am not here to debate political issues. The bottomline is simply that as long as Nigerians support wrong doings on a daily basis, they should not expect those at the top to be magically different.
Well your statement is a political one. What you're saying in other words is "change starts with the people and not the government". A propaganda by those in govt and their supporters to shift responsibility for a better society from the govt to the people. It's a cheap fallacy and a tacit admission of failure if you ask me

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by labi1977(m): 11:57am On Jan 28, 2021
cadian:
The OP needs to contact disco's customer care.
I experienced similar issue with my disco recently.
After several conversation via mail, a token was sent me to balance my initial transaction

Wow I knew I should have reported it our change happened in October while they were told to suspend it. Maybe I'll still try
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by IbnBattuta1960: 11:59am On Jan 28, 2021
overseasnbeyond:
How do you manage your AC, freezer and fridges, TVs, pressing iron?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lekki Massacre: Who Gave The Order? Fredrick Nwabufo / APC Convention: Did Fani-Kayode Attend As An Abia State Delegate? (Picture) / Throwback Photos Of Ojukwu And Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.