Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,882 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) (49568 Views)

How Will The New Petrol Price & Electricity Tariff Hike By FG Affect You? / Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More / The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by tot(f): 12:00pm On Jan 28, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

Well your statement is a political one. What you're saying in other words is "change starts with the people and not the government". A propaganda by those in govt and their supporters to shift responsibility for a better society from the govt to the people. It's a cheap fallacy and a tacit admission of failure if you ask me

Because the government is made up of the people. Simple.
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:03pm On Jan 28, 2021
tot:

Because the government is made up of the people. Simple.

I already corrected that idealistic assertion. The government is made up of the elites. Simple.
You can prove your assertion by naming one of those people in govt presently who has not been in our political sphere since 1999 and even before.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by tot(f): 12:07pm On Jan 28, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

I already corrected that idealistic assertion. The government is made up of the elites. Simple.
You can prove your assertion by naming one of those people in govt presently who has not been in our political sphere since 1999 and even before.

Oh, I forgot - the elites are not Nigerians, they are aliens from Mars.
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by SKYHIGHfx: 12:13pm On Jan 28, 2021
southniyikaye:
forex no be for everybody

What you believe is what u become
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by zuchyblink(m): 12:23pm On Jan 28, 2021
southniyikaye:
See, my main aim is to leave this shithole..

Nothing works in this country anymore..
Popcorn kernel went from 8k per bag to 22k per bag..
How do you sale and make money? I have to abandon the business..
Now I started gas business, gas is now sold @450 per kg due to everyday increment from wholesalers..
My outlet is close to a gas station so my customers now prefer gas station to my outlet..
Every small scale business is being frustrated due to daily increase of price and commodity..
How do we survive in a country like this?
It's not as if we gain anything from the government, no dividends of democracy at all..
We struggle to make money yet pay bogus bills..

Am tired, I swear I am really tired..
my salary cannot give me the basic things of life.
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by K0y3: 12:36pm On Jan 28, 2021
I responded to your mail, please check

MejiLoyon:

How much for that solar my man. Fuel and NEPA wan kill me
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by lequama10: 12:42pm On Jan 28, 2021
MejiLoyon:

How much for that solar my man. Fuel and NEPA wan kill me
you can mail if you need a quote
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by lequama10: 1:01pm On Jan 28, 2021
[quote author=muyoge post=98518639]

How many units of air conditioners, deep freezers,washing machines and electric cookers do you use your solar power for? If one does not spend several millions of naira to install a solar power system, one will live in denial with very heavy restrictions like turning off your heavy appliances when using the solar power.[/quot] I am a Solartrician and what I don't do is deceive people, there are 2 sides to the installation, either you go off grid meaning you use solar panel to charge and power without the grid, this are used mainly Where you couldn't access Nepa grid, second which is installed most in urban areas is mostly for backup called hybrid where you have the solar panels, Nepa light all on your systems, this system is more ideal if you want 24hours supply And a back up for your system, it's normal to try manage power, renewable energy is expensive always at first but always worth it, and for heating and AC conditioners we now have smarter and energy savers systems on this systems. My brother if you still not cleared you can ask. In summary all the issues you mentioned has its solutions. Invest in it if you can and stop denying yourself comfort. I remain Engineer Babs.
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by Eagban(m): 1:06pm On Jan 28, 2021
Ihatethemods3:
This really calls for urgent intervention. It's getting way too much.

Meanwhile, See the top ten richest Nollywood actresses of 2021 and their mouth watering Net Worth. Number One would shock you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWKWz3ApNX4
Nollywood actress go reduce the light bill?
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by Krak(m): 1:12pm On Jan 28, 2021
Homeboiy:
You for use that 50k buy fuel wey go carry you for one month

Except say your light na 24/7

He will use it for six months. Can't you see the last time he bought credit was June last year?
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by Housing(m): 1:23pm On Jan 28, 2021
nairavsdollars:
The electricity Tariff hike by the Discos is just alarming.
N50,000 worth of token in June 2020 gave me 2183.7Kwh

Today, I went to the same place and bought the same N50,000 worth of token gave me 991.1Kwh.

Yet, the FG suspended the recent tariff and it will take effect this month end. Maybe N50,000 token will not give me more than 200Kwh.

Naija which way

Please what is the name of your Disco?
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by ebenezary(m): 1:24pm On Jan 28, 2021
@ OP, solar is the better and best solution. for the past one and years, l cant remember what my fuel generator look like BUT solar save me from NEPA
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by babzlim(m): 1:32pm On Jan 28, 2021
DOES OUR LEADERS KNOW THAT NIGERIA IS GOING TO TOTAL DARKNESS EVEN WITH LIGHT.

This people thinks we are fools... Maybe they think we don't know or they think we cant tell.
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jan 28, 2021
zuchyblink:
my salary cannot give me the basic things of life.
my broda, he tire me walahi
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by arsenal444(m): 1:40pm On Jan 28, 2021
southniyikaye:

Now I started gas business, gas is now sold @450 per kg due to everyday increment from wholesalers..
My outlet is close to a gas station so my customers now prefer gas station to my outlet..
Every small scale business is being frustrated due to daily increase of price and commodity..
It's not as if we gain anything from the government, no dividends of democracy at all..

We dey feel your pain my Brother, but one thing is sure, GOD NOR GO SHAME US. No matter are hard they hike everything, they can never hike our pain......
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by Laboni: 1:50pm On Jan 28, 2021
Indispensable85:

We're following the foot steps of those on top. We'll continue to do so until we see changes in them. It's the leaders that should set the examples for followers. We'll continue to device means to survive their wickedness. Pretenders like you are worse off when they get to power.
My brother don’t mind them ooo.. The corpse in Aso Rock pretended more than anything I can think till he get there, see how he turned out. I always tell people that Nigeria is a jungle so, do what you have to do to survive except robbing, kidnapping or killing another person. And while at whatever you’re doing, do whatever you can not to get caught. Since they don’t want the country to change, we will all join hands and destroy it. They can’t be enjoying from generations to generations while we carry patriotism on our head suffering as if na we crucified Jesus Christ angry

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by hedocharles(m): 1:58pm On Jan 28, 2021
Coldie:

Pray o... The way I look the government very soon them go tax even solar

grin grin
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by overseasnbeyond: 2:06pm On Jan 28, 2021
IbnBattuta1960:

How do you manage your AC, freezer and fridges, TVs, pressing iron?
i deep freezer , one fridge and others but my fridge and freezer is always turn on day time till evening while other like TVs, fans etc always on through out the night
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by mechanics(m): 2:07pm On Jan 28, 2021
The tarriff is just too expensive, but it depends on the distribution company supplying electricity to your area, with that amount, I will get more than that with the distribution company supplying electricity in my area.
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by overseasnbeyond: 2:10pm On Jan 28, 2021
You the dumbest, i have been on solar in my house for over 3 years without paying a dime monthly.
My installation cost me about 1.6million then.

so check your self.
Theoutsider:

Damn are nigerans this dumb.
Find out how much it cost to generate 2183.7Kwh with solar and you will see how dumb this statement is
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by overseasnbeyond: 2:10pm On Jan 28, 2021
To my satisfaction.
edoairways:

Can it power other electronic gadgets effectively?
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by overseasnbeyond: 2:14pm On Jan 28, 2021
I spent 1.6million on my own to power my 4 bedroom home

It work 24 hours for about 2 years now and still working

All heavy equipment are turn off at night but work perfectly fine in the day time

Days of rain. or if the solar panel is dusty, it will need to be cleaned
EmmanuelBanks:

pls I needed to ask you a small question bros...

1) What was the cos of setting up ur solar in your house?

2) Does the solar works 24/7 all through?

3) Can it carry heavy volt appliances like iron, electric cooker, fridge and the likes?

4) What are some of the downsides you have encountered with the solar so far??

pls I will be really grateful if you could take your time and answer the questions above...

GOD BLESS YOU

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by overseasnbeyond: 2:16pm On Jan 28, 2021
i Live in United state but my family are in Nigeria residing in my house

I got the vendor through a cousin lecturing in university of ibadan that has been on solar for 7 years in Nigeria with No problem.
Nathan2016:

Where are you?

Can you provide more information on the solar and also the vendor that set it up for you
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by overseasnbeyond: 2:17pm On Jan 28, 2021
Depend on the equipment you have at home.
valves:

What's the capital cost of installing Solar?
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by EmmanuelBanks: 2:34pm On Jan 28, 2021
overseasnbeyond:
I spent 1.6million on my own to power my 4 bedroom home

It work 24 hours for about 2 years now and still working

All heavy equipment are turn off at night but work perfectly fine in the day time

Days of rain. or if the solar panel is dusty, it will need to be cleaned

thank you for your response Sir

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by overseasnbeyond: 2:46pm On Jan 28, 2021
IbnBattuta1960:

How do you manage your AC, freezer and fridges, TVs, pressing iron?
AC freezer, fridges and borehole in the in the day time while others runs 24 hours
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by niyidenrele: 2:49pm On Jan 28, 2021
It's just a matter of time before, decentralization of electricity supply companies all over the world becomes a thing of the past, with the recent and ongoing research by the present richest tech gurus, Elon Musk, first it was electric cars, second, electricity driven space bus and rocket, but now according to what I read online, Electricity generation technologies would now be , self generated via development of the existing battery advancement research... Did I hear somebody thinking and saying to himself that , not in Nigeria??. If despite Dangote's influence and his billions, he could not stop the assembly of first electric cars in Lagos , just declared opened last year by Sanwo-Olu,.. let me wait and see how the Electricity Distribution Companies will stop it
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by crispgg: 2:50pm On Jan 28, 2021
I used to buy N10,000 worth and it would last me for two months. I purchased 10k worth on the 4th of January and as at this morning, I had 9 units left
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by Theoutsider: 3:12pm On Jan 28, 2021
overseasnbeyond:
You the dumbest, i have been on solar in my house for over 3 years without paying a dime monthly.
My installation cost me about 1.6million then.

so check your self.

learn to read jack hat! 2183.7Kwh
Re: Electricity Tariff Hike: See Huge Difference In 6 Months (photo) by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jan 28, 2021
southniyikaye:

Pls don't be tired yet ooo and you are not running to anywhere. I'm currently preparing for my lovely four wives I Impregnated last year to put to bed. Each of them Is heavily pregnant with triplets. This Next Level Is Just starting. Shebi Una talk say una no go gree get sense niiii......

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Patrick Obahiagbon Reacts To Buhari's Delay In Appointing Ministers / Senator Mohammed Abba-Aji Defects To PDP In Borno / Atiku's Photo With His Beautiful Daughters To Celebrate Day Of The Girl Child.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.