Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:21 AM

Infant Formula. Sma Gold & Nan. Which Is Best? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Infant Formula. Sma Gold & Nan. Which Is Best? (104853 Views)

Infant Formula And HIV / Infant Formula / Which Infant Formula Is Suitable For Weight Gain In Babies Under 12 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Infant Formula. Sma Gold & Nan. Which Is Best? by zayzee(f): 5:38pm On Apr 04, 2011
Hi guys, please I am doing a product watch story for Business Hallmark Newspapers, that compares infant formula. Between SMA Gold and NAN, which is best and why? Which did you give to your children?
Re: Infant Formula. Sma Gold & Nan. Which Is Best? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Apr 04, 2011
I think it would be best to ask which formulas babies like most? They're both good, but whilst one baby might love SMA, others will absolutely hate it, and refuse bottle feeding as a result. The same goes for Nan.

My baby daughter had Cow & Gate briefly when she was 2 days old, then stopped. We next tried SMA, and she wouldn't take it, even up to her 6th month. We then tried Hipp, and she accepted it without being force-fed. Now, she loves it, and actually recognises the pack it comes in.

So, it depends on the baby in question.
Re: Infant Formula. Sma Gold & Nan. Which Is Best? by Blazay(m): 7:38pm On Apr 04, 2011
Loved SMA gold for the last 2 children stuck in Nigeria.
But coming to the land of the free and brave. . .

Similac fussy sensitive for nursing babies.
The closest thing for full-term new-born infants without reflux or colic.

For spitty kids. . . Similac-Isomil-less-fussy!

For underweight infants. . . Similac Neosure 22 calories or Enfacare 22 calories per once! cool

NO water for the first 6 months! We are not in Nigeria where poverty forces us to feed our infants with 'akamu' and 'water'!
This can cause brain retardation and even juvnile onset senility. . . .as you can see from many posters around NL.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Infant Formula. Sma Gold & Nan. Which Is Best? by blank(f): 12:48am On Apr 05, 2011
For a premature baby, Pre-Nan is the best. Subsequently, exclusive breastfeeding is the way to go. Just kidding. I think SMA Gold cos that is what i keep hearing.

1 Like

Re: Infant Formula. Sma Gold & Nan. Which Is Best? by Nobody: 3:01am On Apr 05, 2011
I have always believed in breastfeeding without additional water for 6months. Although our men have no patience and can't wait to claim the boobs back.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Infant Formula. Sma Gold & Nan. Which Is Best? by blank(f): 3:03am On Apr 05, 2011
Yes JK, we know. However, the person is doing a survey (in case you didn't read the post).
Re: Infant Formula. Sma Gold & Nan. Which Is Best? by Nobody: 3:20am On Apr 05, 2011
I know, Just answered based on what ''I'' prefer. Both are quite good anyways. Some babies wouldn't touch SMA even if their lives depended on it. Same with NAN. One thing is babies can tolerate one particular formula but after a few weeks decide amongst themselves that they don't want it anymore .Truth is I think the poster should ask the babies lol they should be able to tell and explain better.

BTW how's the baby doing blank? Did you have the baby in the Uk or lag? Hope the baby's cries have stopped MR BLank from snoring at night?lol jk

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Infant Formula. Sma Gold & Nan. Which Is Best? by Nobody: 7:43am On Apr 05, 2011

2 Likes

Re: Infant Formula. Sma Gold & Nan. Which Is Best? by ifyalways(f): 10:19am On Apr 05, 2011
My twins took only SMA GOLD,the last one no send,he takes all and any,SMA GOld remains my first choice for him but when i run out of stock I give him Nan which is readily available.
jennykadry:

I have always believed in breastfeeding without additional water for 6months. Although our men have no patience and can't wait to claim the bosoms back.
LOL
That's the baby-friendly ish.I tried to try that  cheesy with my twins,we lasted a couple of weeks on it.haha
Re: Infant Formula. Sma Gold & Nan. Which Is Best? by Nekai(f): 8:00pm On Apr 06, 2011
ifyalways:

My twins took only SMA GOLD,the last one no send,he takes all and any,SMA GOld remains my first choice for him but when i run out of stock I give him Nan which is readily available.LOL
That's the baby-friendly ish.I tried to try that cheesy with my twins,we lasted a couple of weeks on it.haha

Yeah that didn't work out too well for me either. I had supply issues and was bottle feeding, pumping, and Bfeeding every 8 hours! I went back to work in 6 weeks, and I gave Bfeeding up altogether about two weeks later when they were 8 weeks old. I just wasn't making enough.

Blazay:

For underweight infants. . . Similac Neosure 22 calories or Enfacare 22 calories per once! cool

Similac Neosure here.
Re: Infant Formula. Sma Gold & Nan. Which Is Best? by WAVixen: 11:05pm On Apr 06, 2011
I havent tried SMA gold, but hear its vey good. My baby had enafamil and when he got to Nigeria the price was ridiculous. Asked from everyone I saw and the verdict was to try NAN. They are of two kinds, made in Nigeria and foreign. He drinks his milk with relish.
Re: Infant Formula. Sma Gold & Nan. Which Is Best? by Nobody: 4:01am On Apr 07, 2011
Ify yes I know it's called baby friendly. But how can you even think of trying it on twins? You well so? Even with one sef will leave your boobs gasping for breathe.
Re: Infant Formula. Sma Gold & Nan. Which Is Best? by blank(f): 6:28pm On Apr 11, 2011
jennykadry:

BTW how's the baby doing blank? Did you have the baby in the Uk or lag? Hope the baby's cries have stopped MR BLank from snoring at night?lol jk

I had the baby in Lag just 3 days to my trip to US grin so had 2 abort the trip. I moved Mr Blank 2 d guest room! He almost rolled on the baby the first night he slept with the baby and i and kept us awake. Anytime he did a real loud one, the baby shuddered. The 2nd and last time he slept in the room, the baby started imitating his snoring and has now refused to stop snoring angry .

8 Likes

Re: Infant Formula. Sma Gold & Nan. Which Is Best? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Apr 11, 2011
hahahahhahahahahahahahahaahhaahhaahahhaahhaha like father like son

2 Likes

Re: Infant Formula. Sma Gold & Nan. Which Is Best? by dominique(f): 10:44pm On Apr 11, 2011
blank:

I had the baby in Lag just 3 days to my trip to US grin so had 2 abort the trip. I moved Mr Blank 2 d guest room! He almost rolled on the baby the first night he slept with the baby and i and kept us awake. Anytime he did a real loud one, the baby shuddered. The 2nd and last time he slept in the room, the baby started imitating his snoring and has now refused to stop snoring angry .

lolz. like daddy, like baby cheesy
Re: Infant Formula. Sma Gold & Nan. Which Is Best? by lucretina: 6:19pm On Apr 12, 2011
Just like Siena said, it actually depends on the baby, i started with Nan, baby loved it and after sometime, i decided to switch to SMA gold, baby took it but i then noticed, he was allergic to the soybean. so, i went back to Nan

1 Like

Re: Infant Formula. Sma Gold & Nan. Which Is Best? by zayzee(f): 2:54pm On Apr 13, 2011
thanks guys. replies where really helpful in addition to the market survey.
Re: Infant Formula. Sma Gold & Nan. Which Is Best? by agiboma(f): 2:59am On Feb 23, 2012
I breastfeed my son till he was 18 months then i placed him on sma gold, never tried nan
Re: Infant Formula. Sma Gold & Nan. Which Is Best? by mogbomoya: 10:32pm On Oct 21, 2012
am at cross road. pls i need testimonal on both brand.
Re: Infant Formula. Sma Gold & Nan. Which Is Best? by marymira: 9:52pm On Jun 26, 2013
I used SMA Gold for my first 2 kids. Then Tried Nan and I love it because it make my baby plumpy and Lovely.

1 Like

Re: Infant Formula. Sma Gold & Nan. Which Is Best? by talabiabbey: 9:39pm On Jul 10, 2013
Need uk SMA Gold for 0-6month and 6month above at wholesale price, contact me on 08174426554
Re: Infant Formula. Sma Gold & Nan. Which Is Best? by imambre(f): 12:24am On Apr 18, 2016
Nan all the way. Am a medical doctor/móther of 4. Tried sma gold for my first 2 kids and it was constipation everyday with eczematous skin rashes usually from the soy content. Had to switch to nan. The latter 2 kids had nan. Didntt bother to go through same previous issues. Moreover in the course of my practice, research shows nan to be the closest to breast milk and mothers who cannot breastfeed for one reason or the other are advised to use nan. And it is pocket friendly too. What more could a mother ask for

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Infant Formula. Sma Gold & Nan. Which Is Best? by amaham(m): 7:42am On May 20, 2018
Pls friends, my 4 month old baby reacts to nan with wheals and hives allover his body. He was exclusively breastfed till when we started the formular at 4 months of age

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

FCMB MD, Adam Nuru In Sex Scandal - Business Live / "My Husband Can’t Go 3 Rounds Anymore" - Nigerian Lady Complains / Banker Commits Suicide After Marriage He Took N3M Loan Crashed After 2 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.