Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,766 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

Chief Nnia Nwodo And Ohanaeze Should Apologize To Anioma People - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chief Nnia Nwodo And Ohanaeze Should Apologize To Anioma People (1186 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu: Nnia Nwodo Will Lose His Position. Sultan Has 23 Oil Wells / IPOB Members In South Africa Roast Yam, Invite Nnia Nwodo, Okorocha, Ngige / IPOB Women Disgrace Nnia Nwodo, Scatter Ohanaeze Event (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chief Nnia Nwodo And Ohanaeze Should Apologize To Anioma People by festacman(m): 2:57pm On Jan 28, 2021
In life it takes a lot to be a leader. One important ingredient is thinking and weighing things well before speaking about it. Chief John Nnia Nwodo the immediate past President of Ohanaeze Ndigbo is one leader who suffers from frequent lack of indiscretion in expression of personal opinion. His recent statement on President Buhari not finding any Igbo officer worthy of appointment as one of the service chiefs is hasty and showed lack of clear understanding of constituent Igboid groups that make up the Ohaneze ndi Igbo, which he led for several years.

By its nature, Ohanaeze Ndigbo is an umbrella association for various IGBOID groups all over the world to fraternize socially and culturally while also protecting the general political interests of Igbo race as well as promoting the peaceful co-existence of its constituent groups. Such groups transcend the core Igbo of South East States to including Anioma people (Enuani, Ukwuani, Ndokwa, Ika/Owa and Oshimili)of Delta States, Ndi Ikwere, Ndi Ekpeye, etc.) of Rivers State and other Igbo indigenous communities Cross River, Akwa Ibom, Kogi and Benue states.

Incidentally, Major General Lucky Eluonye Onyenuchea (LEO) Irabor who was appointed Chief of Defense Staff happens to be an Anioma son from Agbor, which falls under Ika/Ndi Owa. This means that by virtue of his ethnic nationality, Maj. Gen. Irabor is of Igbo extraction and therefore should be seen as an Igbo man in office, especially from Ohanaeze Ndigbo point of view. Yes, within Ohanaeze Ndigbo, State Governors can in their different "NKPUKEs" lobby for their citizens to get certain appointments but once such appointment is given to any Igbo group, it is supposed to be accepted in the spirit of oneness by the "IMEOBI" of Ohanaeze Ndigbo.

It is therefore shameful and scandalously disappointing for Chief Nwodo to have issued that myopic statement with his clannish eyes on the small picture rather than on the big picture that Ohanaeze Ndigbo represents and projects. It is most shocking coming from a former President of Ohanaeze Ndigbo. Therefore, Chief Nwodo should withdraw his statement and issue an apology, immediately, to Anioma people for his blunder.

It is also important that the new AUTHENTIC President of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Prof. George Obiozor seizes this opportunity to reassure all Igboid ethnic nationalities in non-core Igbo States of Rivers and Delta that their interests will be protected under Ohanaeze Ndigbo and that every member of Ohanaeze Ndigbo is equal in the family. This move will kill off any emerging sense of disappointment and suspicion which Chief Nwodo's statement and the regrettable position one Mr. Onuorah Onyeachonam the self-declared President of a renegade group Ohanaeze members would have aroused.

It is either Ohanaeze Ndigbo is trully of Ndi Igbo or we go the way of: to your tents oh! Igbo.

By the way, I am a proud Igbo from Anambra State and I stand boldly by my position.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chief Nnia Nwodo And Ohanaeze Should Apologize To Anioma People by AlexBells(m): 3:00pm On Jan 28, 2021
Don't mind Ohaneze, they are some Bunch of failed Politicians, if they can't carry Igboland along little wonder why they fail as politicians

4 Likes

Re: Chief Nnia Nwodo And Ohanaeze Should Apologize To Anioma People by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jan 28, 2021
festacman:
[s]In life it takes a lot to be a leader. One important ingredient is thinking and weighing things well before speaking about it. Chief John Nnia Nwodo the immediate past President of Ohanaeze Ndigbo is one leader who suffers from frequent lack of indiscretion in expression of personal opinion. His recent statement on President Buhari not finding any Igbo officer worthy of appointment as one of the service chiefs is hasty and showed lack of clear understanding of constituent Igboid groups that make up the Ohaneze ndi Igbo, which he led for several years.

By its nature, Ohanaeze Ndigbo is an umbrella association for various IGBOID groups all over the world to fraternize socially and culturally while also protecting the general political interests of Igbo race as well as promoting the peaceful co-existence of its constituent groups. Such groups transcend the core Igbo of South East States to including Anioma people (Enuani, Ukwuani, Ndokwa, Ika/Owa and Oshimili)of Delta States, Ndi Ikwere, Ndi Ekpeye, etc.) of Rivers State and other Igbo indigenous communities Cross River, Akwa Ibom, Kogi and Benue states.

Incidentally, Major General Leo Irabor who was appointed Chief of Defense Staff happens to be an Anioma son from Agbor, which falls under Ika/Ndi Owa. This means that by virtue of his ethnic nationality, Maj. Gen. Irabor is of Igbo extraction and therefore should be seen as an Igbo man in office, especially from Ohanaeze Ndigbo point of view. Yes, within Ohanaeze Ndigbo, State Governors can in their different "NKPUKEs" lobby for their citizens to get certain appointments but once such appointment is given to any Igbo group, it is supposed to be accepted in the spirit of oneness by the "IMEOBI" of Ohanaeze Ndigbo.

It is therefore shameful and scandalously disappointing for Chief Nwodo to have issued that myopic statement with his clannish eyes on the small picture rather than on the big picture that Ohanaeze Ndigbo represents and projects. It is most shocking coming from a former President of Ohanaeze Ndigbo. Therefore, Chief Nwodo should withdraw his statement and issue an apology, immediately, to Anioma people for his blunder.

It is also important that the new AUTHENTIC President of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Prof. George Obiozor seizes this opportunity to reassure all Igboid ethnic nationalities in non-core Igbo States of Rivers and Delta that their interests will be protected under Ohanaeze Ndigbo and that every member of Ohanaeze Ndigbo is equal in the family. This move will kill off any emerging sense of disappointment and suspicion which Chief Nwodo's statement and the regrettable position one Mr. Onuorah Onyeachonam the self-declared President of a renegade group Ohanaeze members would have aroused.

It is either Ohanaeze Ndigbo is trully of Ndi Igbo or we go the way of: to your tents oh! Igbo.

By the way, I am a proud Igbo from Anambra State and I stand boldly by my position.
[/s]

For what exactly?

Are you more wiser than them? If there is anyone to apologise then it should be the other way round.

Liberalism is a sign of mental disorder. Ohanaeze has a structure and they recognise those within the structure and anything outside can't be viewed as part of it.

Mr stop over- working yourself over excellent press release by nwodo and onyeachonam....

They are very right.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chief Nnia Nwodo And Ohanaeze Should Apologize To Anioma People by wingmanIII: 3:06pm On Jan 28, 2021
Wrong!!
Majority of Agbor people don't identify themselves as Igbos. Ask Sunday Oliseh and co.
Asaba area, yes I would have agreed with you.

7 Likes

Re: Chief Nnia Nwodo And Ohanaeze Should Apologize To Anioma People by IduNaOba: 3:09pm On Jan 28, 2021
So south east should not get appointments Abi?
Best thing to do is to out all theae people in South let's rest
Or give south east their rights and give south south theirs

1 Like

Re: Chief Nnia Nwodo And Ohanaeze Should Apologize To Anioma People by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jan 28, 2021
wingmanIII:
Wrong!!
Majority of Agbor people don't identify themselves as Igbos. Ask Sunday Oliseh and co.
Asaba area, yes I would have agreed with you.

People who pulled out of Ohanaeze and some air heads wants Ohanaeze to apologise to people that denies them and not part of their structure.

Those men might be old but they are not fools.

3 Likes

Re: Chief Nnia Nwodo And Ohanaeze Should Apologize To Anioma People by festacman(m): 3:11pm On Jan 28, 2021
MelesZenawi:

For what exactly?

Are you more wiser than them? If there is anyone to apologise then it should be the other way round.

Liberalism is a sign of mental disorder. Ohanaeze has a structure and they recognise those within the structure and anything outside can't be viewed as part of it.

Mr stop over- working yourself over excellent press release by nwodo and onyeachonam....

They are very right.

They are wrong. It is either we have Ohanaeze Ndi Igbo or we have nothing. No half measures in UNITY.

1 Like

Re: Chief Nnia Nwodo And Ohanaeze Should Apologize To Anioma People by AlexBells(m): 3:15pm On Jan 28, 2021
MelesZenawi:

For what exactly?

They are very right.

What do you mean Ohaneze has a structure, so any structure that's not in it is not Igbo, what's the meaning of that nonsense, then they should stop parading the name Igbo they should make it why Buhari did not apoint a loyal member of Ohaneze, is Ohaneze smart enough to understand that someone denying Being Igbo does not make him or her any less Igbo, Igbo is not a country that you can denounce your citizens, Mosses in the Bible for most of his part was Egyptian but one day, that Israelites in him showed up,

2 Likes

Re: Chief Nnia Nwodo And Ohanaeze Should Apologize To Anioma People by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jan 28, 2021
festacman:

[s]They are wrong. It is either we have Ohanaeze Ndi Igbo or we have nothing. No half measures in UNITY.[/s]

Which nonsense?

Is there unity in your father's compound?

We have Ohanaeze ndigbo and not Ohanaeze ndi ika.

Infact Ohanaeze had never been more correct than this day.

Are Ika part of Ohanaeze? so why should Ohanaeze displease her people to please others.....who does that in this part of the earth?

Nwodo deserve a handshake and ecomiums for vibrantly stating the obvious....

1 Like

Re: Chief Nnia Nwodo And Ohanaeze Should Apologize To Anioma People by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 28, 2021
AlexBells:

[s]
What do you mean Ohaneze has a structure, so any structure that's not in it is not Igbo, what's the meaning of that nonsense, then they should stop parading the name Igbo they should make it why Buhari did not apoint a loyal member of Ohaneze, is Ohaneze smart enough to understand that someone denying Being Igbo does not make him or her any less Igbo, Igbo is not a country that you can denounce your citizens, Mosses in the Bible for most of his part was Egyptian but one day, that Israelites in him showed up, [/s]

if you have any other thing write but I can't waste my time on you further.

not worth it.

Asulu Egwu asu.

2 Likes

Re: Chief Nnia Nwodo And Ohanaeze Should Apologize To Anioma People by AlexBells(m): 3:19pm On Jan 28, 2021
MelesZenawi:

Which nonsense?

Is there unity in your father's compound?

We have Ohanaeze ndigbo and not Ohanaeze ndi ika.

Infact Ohanaeze had never been more correct than this day.

Are Ika part of Ohanaeze? so why should Ohanaeze displease her people to please others.....who does that in this part of the earth?

Nwodo deserve a handshake and ecomiums for vibrantly stating the obvious....

You are an agent of Division, now that Ohaneze has forgotten them had God forgotten them, the answer is no

1 Like

Re: Chief Nnia Nwodo And Ohanaeze Should Apologize To Anioma People by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 28, 2021
AlexBells:

You are an agent of Division, now that Ohaneze has forgotten them had God forgotten them, the answer is no

You can go and pack them....with emotions.
Re: Chief Nnia Nwodo And Ohanaeze Should Apologize To Anioma People by AlexBells(m): 3:22pm On Jan 28, 2021
MelesZenawi:

not worth it.

Asulu Egwu asu.
Who has your Time, that division you wish indigo will never work instead of Aniona going, Ohaneze will go

1 Like

Re: Chief Nnia Nwodo And Ohanaeze Should Apologize To Anioma People by AlexBells(m): 3:23pm On Jan 28, 2021
MelesZenawi:

You can go and pack them....with emotions.
Working on that dont need to pack them, they in Igboland already just give them that inclusiveness

1 Like

Re: Chief Nnia Nwodo And Ohanaeze Should Apologize To Anioma People by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jan 28, 2021
AlexBells:

Working on that dont need to pack them, they in Igboland already just give them that inclusiveness

not worth it.
Re: Chief Nnia Nwodo And Ohanaeze Should Apologize To Anioma People by AlexBells(m): 3:27pm On Jan 28, 2021
MelesZenawi:

not worth it.
Lol, he keeps reminding me he can't waste time on me but keeps commenting, do you have discipline issue
Re: Chief Nnia Nwodo And Ohanaeze Should Apologize To Anioma People by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jan 28, 2021
AlexBells:

Lol, he keeps reminding me he can't waste time on me but keeps commenting, do you have discipline issue

not worth it.
Re: Chief Nnia Nwodo And Ohanaeze Should Apologize To Anioma People by AlexBells(m): 3:31pm On Jan 28, 2021
MelesZenawi:

not worth it.
Are you a Robot??, why do you keep repeating same sentence
Re: Chief Nnia Nwodo And Ohanaeze Should Apologize To Anioma People by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jan 28, 2021
AlexBells:
Are you a Robot??, why do you keep repeating same sentence

if you have any other thing write but I can't waste my time on you further. not worth it.
Re: Chief Nnia Nwodo And Ohanaeze Should Apologize To Anioma People by AlexBells(m): 3:40pm On Jan 28, 2021
MelesZenawi:

not worth it.
Okay, lets look at this way I have some other things to write as regards the topic of Discussion, Which I put that Ohaneze is misrepresenting Igboland by single handedly deciding who is Igbo and who is not noting that even in places where Igbo is not majority, it is absolutely wrong to say that those people are not Igbos, it usual for border towns to be mixed which I guess is the case of Ika.

But dismissing the whole area as not Igbo is nonsensical, there is different between Igboland and Igbo people, Ika is Igboland while some of the inhabitants may not be Igbo people it boils, down to individuals and Ohaneze does not have such right to remove any bit of the map of Igboland nor Igbo people. I know you may pretend like oh, I don't care but my message is practically not for you but for those who care to read. My final verdict.

2 Likes

Re: Chief Nnia Nwodo And Ohanaeze Should Apologize To Anioma People by Ikology(m): 3:55pm On Jan 28, 2021
Re: Chief Nnia Nwodo And Ohanaeze Should Apologize To Anioma People by Ikology(m): 3:56pm On Jan 28, 2021
AlexBells:

Okay, lets look at this way I have some other things to write as regards the topic of Discussion, Which I put that Ohaneze is misrepresenting Igboland by single handedly deciding who is Igbo and who is not noting that even in places where Igbo is not majority, it is absolutely wrong to say that those people are not Igbos, it usual for border towns to be mixed which I guess is the case of Ika.

But dismissing the whole area as not Igbo is nonsensical, there is different between Igboland and Igbo people, Ika is Igboland while some of the inhabitants may not be Igbo people it boils, down to individuals and Ohaneze does not have such right to remove any bit of the map of Igboland nor Igbo people. I know you may pretend like oh, I don't care but my message is practically not for you but for those who care to read. My final verdict.
Nna Ogini di!!! He who doesn't stand for anything stand for nothing. Dr. Nnia Nwodo is absolutely correct. Let those who deny being Igbos be left where they belong. I don't know why you are acting begi begi.
Re: Chief Nnia Nwodo And Ohanaeze Should Apologize To Anioma People by Iykoto86(m): 3:58pm On Jan 28, 2021
festacman:
In life it takes a lot to be a leader. One important ingredient is thinking and weighing things well before speaking about it. Chief John Nnia Nwodo the immediate past President of Ohanaeze Ndigbo is one leader who suffers from frequent lack of indiscretion in expression of personal opinion. His recent statement on President Buhari not finding any Igbo officer worthy of appointment as one of the service chiefs is hasty and showed lack of clear understanding of constituent Igboid groups that make up the Ohaneze ndi Igbo, which he led for several years.

Incidentally, Major General Leo Irabor who was appointed Chief of Defense Staff happens to be an Anioma son from Agbor, which falls under Ika/Ndi Owa. This means that by virtue of his ethnic nationality, Maj. Gen. Irabor is of Igbo extraction and therefore should be seen as an Igbo man in office, especially from Ohanaeze Ndigbo point of view. Yes, within Ohanaeze Ndigbo, State Governors can in their different "NKPUKEs" lobby for their citizens to get certain appointments but once such appointment is given to any Igbo group, it is supposed to be accepted in the spirit of oneness by the "IMEOBI" of Ohanaeze Ndigbo.

you are wrong here my friend, not all people from anioma and agbo are igbos ,you have edo people occupying same space. Get your facts wright we know ourselves ,ask ned nwoko.

1 Like

Re: Chief Nnia Nwodo And Ohanaeze Should Apologize To Anioma People by AlexBells(m): 3:58pm On Jan 28, 2021
Ikology:

Nna Ogini di!!! He who doesn't stand for anything stand for nothing. Dr. Nnia Nwodo is absolutely correct. Let those who deny being Igbos be left where they belong. I don't know why you are acting begi begi.
Yes I'm acting Begi Begi, is it your Begging??, you don't speak with such division if you are a leader
Re: Chief Nnia Nwodo And Ohanaeze Should Apologize To Anioma People by dat9jaguy(m): 4:21pm On Jan 28, 2021
https://www.nairaland.com/215187/ohanaeze-elects-president-delta-vp

What is Delta doing there if nothing concerns Igbos with Delta
Re: Chief Nnia Nwodo And Ohanaeze Should Apologize To Anioma People by RoyalUc(m): 4:22pm On Jan 28, 2021
Dr. Nnia Nwodo should not apologise to the Anioma nation. He's right afterall!

The Aniomas have congratulated their son. That's all that matters...
Re: Chief Nnia Nwodo And Ohanaeze Should Apologize To Anioma People by ChangedMan1999(m): 5:03pm On Jan 28, 2021
MelesZenawi:

People who pulled out of Ohanaeze and some air heads wants Ohanaeze to apologise to people that denies them and not part of their structure.

Those men might be old but they are not fools.

When did they pull out?
Re: Chief Nnia Nwodo And Ohanaeze Should Apologize To Anioma People by ChangedMan1999(m): 5:12pm On Jan 28, 2021
But, to be honest anyi wu Nde Southeast should forget about these people.

The don't argue with us that the are Igbo, or not Igbo.

The fact that they avoid threads like this means that we south easterners should stop opening them.

Let's manage Southeast

You guys won't here.
Re: Chief Nnia Nwodo And Ohanaeze Should Apologize To Anioma People by festacman(m): 7:36pm On Jan 28, 2021
ChangedMan1999:
But, to be honest anyi wu Nde Southeast should forget about these people.

The don't argue with us that the are Igbo, or not Igbo.

The fact that they avoid threads like this means that we south easterners should stop opening them.

Let's manage Southeast

You guys won't here.

In that case, Ohanaeze should redraw its areas of membership instead of making fool of itself.

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Says He Sacrificed His Parents For Biafra(photos) / Fr. Mbaka’s Sin — Reuben Abati / "Reno Omokri Is Mentally Deranged" - Ebonyi Youths Attack Ex-aide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.