Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,492 members, 7,770,207 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:24 AM

Akwa Ibom To Employ First-class Graduates To Teach In Secondary Schools - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Akwa Ibom To Employ First-class Graduates To Teach In Secondary Schools (19593 Views)

Zee Bello: UBA Set To Employ Lady Who Monitored The Construction Of Kubwa Branch / CBN Offers Automatic Employment To Ebonyi First-Class Graduates Of Economics / Open Letter To Second Class And Third Class Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akwa Ibom To Employ First-class Graduates To Teach In Secondary Schools by lalasticlala(m): 6:04pm On Jan 28, 2021
The board of State Secondary Education Board (SSEB) in Akwa Ibom state has stated that it would give preference to first-class graduates in the ongoing recruitment of 1000 teachers to teach in Secondary schools in the state.

Chairman of the board, Ekaette Ebong Okon, dropped the hint while interacting with Vanguard, flanked by members of the board, saying that the first-class graduates were the right calibre of people the board was looking for.

Okon, a former lawmaker who represented Itu State Constituency at the State Legislature, assured that the exercise would be transparent so that the best brains would be employed for the schools.

She noted that the teachers would be sent to areas with needs and advised those with intent to teach in urban areas to jettison such idea.

She said, “The exercise will be transparent and it is for every Akwa Ibomite that meets the requirements as advertised. It’s supposed to be graduates of education, first degree and masters in education will be on first line charge people.

“Those graduates, first degree must have 2.1 minimum qualifications or a 2.2. The added advantage will be those who have first class.

“You know if you have first class in school, you are a top-class person. So you cannot be treated the same way with somebody with two-two.

“We will take you first and interview you because we have been looking for you because you are the material. Then we go to two-one and two-two.

“Graduates who are not of education is also stated properly. And if you meet the criteria, you are asked to apply and after that, we have our own process.

“We have already stated in the form that if you have made up your mind to be in the urban centre, you are not part of the people we are looking for.

“We are looking for teachers who are going to impact children wherever they are. We do not want teachers who will tell us that they want to teach in the urban centre.

“It is a State Secondary Education Board that knows where to send the teachers. So the applicants would not determine where we send them to. “

She, however, commended Udom Emmanuel for giving the board the nod to employ the teachers, adding that, if numbers were not enough the board would seek for another approval.

“His Excellency is an education-friendly governor. He will look at the statistics and financial involvement.

“Don’t forget that it is not only education. There are other compelling needs. Honestly, we want to thank the state government for listening and approving these 1000 for us. It is just a start.”

Okon affirmed that there was no infighting among members of the board, as she was “very comfortable working with them.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/01/akwa-ibom-seeks-first-class-graduates-to-teach-in-secondary-schools/

4 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom To Employ First-class Graduates To Teach In Secondary Schools by NwaOhafia: 6:06pm On Jan 28, 2021
angry
She said, “The exercise will be transparent and it is for every Akwa Ibomite that meets the requirements as advertised.

This is where she lied

Gone are those days first class graduate end up in big companies or even as lecturers but state teachers in Akwa ibom are paid well

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom To Employ First-class Graduates To Teach In Secondary Schools by sholay2011(m): 6:06pm On Jan 28, 2021
Oh boy...

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Employ First-class Graduates To Teach In Secondary Schools by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jan 28, 2021
Ok
Re: Akwa Ibom To Employ First-class Graduates To Teach In Secondary Schools by marztar(m): 6:06pm On Jan 28, 2021
We move

18 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom To Employ First-class Graduates To Teach In Secondary Schools by slawormiir: 6:06pm On Jan 28, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Na wa o

First class graduate way supposed be lecturer 1 for university or Atleast assistant graduate for university

Na im una want use them take teach secondary schools

Anyway what do I know....am just a drunkard, weed smoker, pussy banger and a bomber

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom To Employ First-class Graduates To Teach In Secondary Schools by Enudapan: 6:07pm On Jan 28, 2021
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so sophisticated

If you like employ professors to teach secondary School children
It won't still yield any result
The education system in Nigeria is already damaged

Las las make everyone start hustling (bombing)

6 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom To Employ First-class Graduates To Teach In Secondary Schools by BlessedNuel: 6:07pm On Jan 28, 2021
Meanwhile people wey no even get 2.2 certificate dey via political matters embezzling the public funds

8 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom To Employ First-class Graduates To Teach In Secondary Schools by GodWrites: 6:07pm On Jan 28, 2021
That's why you see book smart students who graduated with first-class living like church rats.

While those that never entered class end up being millionaires.

I'm sure their salary wouldn't exceed #50,000 a month. How long will they earn that peanut before they step out of poverty?

Being book smart wouldn't take you anyway. Be wise too!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom To Employ First-class Graduates To Teach In Secondary Schools by Torosk1(m): 6:07pm On Jan 28, 2021
Nice cheesy
Re: Akwa Ibom To Employ First-class Graduates To Teach In Secondary Schools by Sirmuel1(m): 6:07pm On Jan 28, 2021
As long as you will pay them well!

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom To Employ First-class Graduates To Teach In Secondary Schools by The5DME(m): 6:07pm On Jan 28, 2021
I reject poverty in Jesus name.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom To Employ First-class Graduates To Teach In Secondary Schools by Lanry1(m): 6:07pm On Jan 28, 2021
Scam
Re: Akwa Ibom To Employ First-class Graduates To Teach In Secondary Schools by wrose(m): 6:07pm On Jan 28, 2021
Nwanem cheesy
Re: Akwa Ibom To Employ First-class Graduates To Teach In Secondary Schools by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 28, 2021
How much will they be paid?

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Employ First-class Graduates To Teach In Secondary Schools by Nomorelove: 6:07pm On Jan 28, 2021
To collect how much first

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Employ First-class Graduates To Teach In Secondary Schools by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jan 28, 2021
E be things, wahala for who no learn BTC and Forex trading.

4 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom To Employ First-class Graduates To Teach In Secondary Schools by RedChiefPriest: 6:08pm On Jan 28, 2021
Nigeria is a joke grin grin grin
But e still better pass make them no get any job sha

Make me get money
Na crypto and forex I don run go

Anyways for those people managing to make 1st class
I salute them
Make them take the one below

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Employ First-class Graduates To Teach In Secondary Schools by Enudapan: 6:09pm On Jan 28, 2021
Nah eh! No qualms
The5DME:
I reject poverty in Jesus name.

Amen! Poverty is the advocate of hell
Re: Akwa Ibom To Employ First-class Graduates To Teach In Secondary Schools by Sunkyapogee(m): 6:09pm On Jan 28, 2021

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom To Employ First-class Graduates To Teach In Secondary Schools by Swerve4me: 6:10pm On Jan 28, 2021
Hmmm. I hope una go pay them better salary.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Employ First-class Graduates To Teach In Secondary Schools by Chitonny: 6:10pm On Jan 28, 2021
Please how do I send a message to the admin? I have a nigeria guy threatening a girl with her nudes he is trying to black mail her I have all the convos and threats even the uba acct num he sent to receive money from and all phone nums for WhatsApp and calls

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom To Employ First-class Graduates To Teach In Secondary Schools by Uniqueteco(m): 6:10pm On Jan 28, 2021
God dey
Re: Akwa Ibom To Employ First-class Graduates To Teach In Secondary Schools by Thylord(m): 6:10pm On Jan 28, 2021
Last last

School na scam o

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom To Employ First-class Graduates To Teach In Secondary Schools by ogwucheveekee(f): 6:10pm On Jan 28, 2021
Abasinbon
Re: Akwa Ibom To Employ First-class Graduates To Teach In Secondary Schools by tnerro1(m): 6:10pm On Jan 28, 2021
First class graduate to teach in schools and political thugs cum politicians to run the country. Chai , who did this to us
Re: Akwa Ibom To Employ First-class Graduates To Teach In Secondary Schools by Enudapan: 6:10pm On Jan 28, 2021
Nah eh! No qualms

Sirmuel1:
As long as you will pay them well!

That's sure
Akwa-ibom can deliver in terms of payment
I could remember back those days in Akwa-ibom when God's will was being done in Akwa-ibom,
Our state Nysc allowance was bigger than most of many states
Don't know for now
But then God's will Akapbio was a real odogwu

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom To Employ First-class Graduates To Teach In Secondary Schools by BigDawsNet: 6:10pm On Jan 28, 2021
grin. Akwa Ibom and schools are very common thing

God bless Akwa Ibom State

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Employ First-class Graduates To Teach In Secondary Schools by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jan 28, 2021
grin
Re: Akwa Ibom To Employ First-class Graduates To Teach In Secondary Schools by Jagznation(m): 6:10pm On Jan 28, 2021
Teaching is a profession...nice move

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom To Employ First-class Graduates To Teach In Secondary Schools by rohangold: 6:11pm On Jan 28, 2021
Lolz, since which year

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Got A New Job: From Security To Account Officer / Should I Leave My Full Time Job For A Contract Job At Zenith Bank? / Akwa Ibom Polytechnic 2017 Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.