Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,943 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics (15492 Views)

CHEAP Self Con For Rent In LEKKI ( World Oil ) ... Pay 9months Only / Building Of A Septic/soakaway In 13 Days - Photos / Looking For A Cheap Self Contain In Ikeja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 6:05pm On Jan 28, 2021
I'm an Expertised Builder,equipped with bunks of experiences grin.after many years at service then I sat down to practicalised what I've learnt so far.Pls stay tuned cool
Note
The project has already completed to roofing level.

2 Likes

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 6:07pm On Jan 28, 2021
I planned on building three standard self contains with top notch finishing at a minimum Budget.
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 6:09pm On Jan 28, 2021
We budget 2000 blocks
20 bags of cements from foundation to the roofing level,German floor,window/door linted included.
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by lilvicky68(m): 6:19pm On Jan 28, 2021
olukaygold:
We budget 2000 blocks
20 bags of cements from foundation to the roofing level,German floor,window/door linted included.
20bags looks small na

1 Like

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by aremuforlife(m): 6:47pm On Jan 28, 2021
olukaygold:
We budget 2000 blocks
Learning from you
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 7:35pm On Jan 28, 2021
lilvicky68:

20bags looks small na
Not at all. keep following sir
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 7:39pm On Jan 28, 2021
lilvicky68:

20bags looks small na
Well let me give you this hint,base on estimate and calculation,1bag of cement suppose lay 100 blocks of nine inches while 1bag of cement suppose lay 120-130 blocks of six inches.
Note! We're using six inches block here

1 Like

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by mixratio(m): 7:52pm On Jan 28, 2021
olukaygold:

Well let me give you this hint,base on estimate and calculation,1bag of cement suppose lay 100 blocks of nine inches while 1bag of cement suppose lay 120-130 blocks of six inches.
Note! We're using six inches block here

I doubt this estimate of 1 bag to 100 blocks.
except maybe with a very "interesting'' mix ratio

1 Like

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 8:00pm On Jan 28, 2021
mixratio:

This is what I normally use and it has never fail my expectations
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by aremuforlife(m): 8:04pm On Jan 28, 2021
mixratio:

That is an average ratio

1 Like

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 8:10pm On Jan 28, 2021
I couldn't locate the pegging,digging of the foundation and casting the foundation pic on my phone.pls stay tuned while I give details concerning the pegging, digging and casting of the foundation
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 8:15pm On Jan 28, 2021
Day 1-Four Men digged the foundation at the rate of 10000(2500 each).
Day 2-casting of the foundation and setting of foundation block immediately on the casted surface.this saved one/two bags of cements if we've to wait till the casting dried
Four bags of cements were used for the casting
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by timisquare82(m): 9:11pm On Jan 28, 2021
Na sambisa this building dey? I see forest everywhere

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by rotecch77(m): 9:26pm On Jan 28, 2021
olukaygold:
I'm an Expertised Builder,equipped with bunks of experiences grin.after many years at service then I sat down to practicalised what I've learnt so far.Pls stay tuned cool
Note
The project has already completed to roofing level.

Expertise BUILDER or BRICKLAYER ?

A builder will use about 50bags of cement to construct this type of building bcs they are professional in the field.

A bricklayer will use 20-25bags of cement to achieve this.

There is a BIG diff btw BUILDER and BRICKLAYER.

It’s just like comparing someone who knows how to paddle Canoe to A SAILOR

3 Likes

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 9:42pm On Jan 28, 2021
rotecch77:

Expertise BUILDER or BRICKLAYER

Both sir,though I learnt bricklaying for 3yrs, Studied Civil Engineering at Kwara Polytechnic(ND) at the same time 2012-2015.
Worked in almost all Universities in Southwest and have worked for Europeans Constructing Contemporary building at SMC Shagamu.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 9:45pm On Jan 28, 2021
rotecch77:

Expertise BUILDER or BRICKLAYER ?

A builder will use about 50bags of cement to construct this type of building bcs they are professional in the field.

A bricklayer will use 20-25bags of cement to achieve this.

There is a BIG diff btw BUILDER and BRICKLAYER.

It’s just like comparing someone who knows how to paddle Canoe to A SAILOR

That's your thought grin you can't sound professional criticising fellow human on the same field.bro! Pls take one chair,have a sit and follow up. You can't know it all alone...stay tuned

9 Likes

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 9:53pm On Jan 28, 2021
Day 3- Raising of the blocks to foundation level.some take two couches while some take three-four couches
Day 4- filling of the foundation
Day 5- Ramming of the sand fill foundation
Day six- Casting of the German floor.(Six bags of cements were used.

Pls bear with me,I supposed to post Pic but I lost the Memory card where almost all the shots were saved.Ill upload some later
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 9:59pm On Jan 28, 2021
In other to cut short the budget, we agreed to use Pre-cast linted for the doors, windows and The beams.

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by seunoj: 9:59pm On Jan 28, 2021
Your building no even get ground clearance. Small water issue now, house get issue.
U r using a local brick layer approach.
Also, top notch finishing and medium budget got me thinking

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 10:03pm On Jan 28, 2021
Day 7- We started laying the blocks.(1bricklayer and 1laborer) this was possible due to the German floor,all the blocks were moved to the center of the building. the ratio of the sand for 1bag of cement is 20 headpan.
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 10:05pm On Jan 28, 2021
seunoj:
Your building no even get ground clearance. Small water issue now, house get issue.
U r using a local brick layer approach.
Also, top notch finishing and medium budget got me thinking
bro stay tuned abeg, just wait for the finishing

1 Like

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by rotecch77(m): 10:07pm On Jan 28, 2021
olukaygold:
Both sir,though I learnt bricklaying for 3yrs, Studied Civil Engineering at Kwara Polytechnic(ND) at the same time 2012-2015.
Work in almost all Universities in Southwest and have work for Europeans Constructing Contemporary building at SMC Shagamu.

You have tried, But with all these you still NOT A BUILDER

1 Like

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by rotecch77(m): 10:10pm On Jan 28, 2021
olukaygold:

That's your thought grin you can't sound professional criticising fellow human on the same field.bro! Pls take one chair,have a sit and follow up. You can't know it all alone...stay tuned

We are following you that is why I see it that it’s not a professional builders approach to use such small number of cement 20 bags to achieve this.
But as a bricklayer approach its possible bcs one is a professional(Builder)while the second one is a SKILLED LABOUR ( bricklayer)

1 Like

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 10:11pm On Jan 28, 2021
rotecch77:

You have tried, But with all these you still NOT A BUILDER
Lol! Wait! Are you pained? Pls if my post go make you have a sleepless night pls don't check my update again.but in all.sit down and learn

4 Likes

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 10:14pm On Jan 28, 2021
Pls before you make a negative comment on my post,pls check the topic first.im not here to argue with anybody,neither am I here to form too know.this post is base mainly for those who wish to have their own house without robbing the bank. Stay tuned...

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by rotecch77(m): 10:14pm On Jan 28, 2021
olukaygold:
Day 7- We started laying the blocks.(1bricklayer and 1laborer) this was possible due to the German floor,all the blocks were moved to the center of the building. the ratio of the sand for 1bag of cement is 20 headpan.

Still local bricklayer approach
1bags of cement to 20 head pan of sand

We are leaning..:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 10:15pm On Jan 28, 2021
Raising to the linted level

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 10:20pm On Jan 28, 2021
Placing of the pre-cast linted. Ratio for the casting 4 headpan of sharp sand and 5headpam of gravel with 1 bag of cement gave us five pre-cast linted of 4ft while above casting ratio gave us three pre-cast linted of 7ft

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by HopeVictor(m): 10:21pm On Jan 28, 2021
Sometimes cheap can be dangerous.. engineer try oh

1 Like

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 10:25pm On Jan 28, 2021
HopeVictor:
Sometimes cheap can be dangerous.. engineer try oh
Stay updated sir
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 10:28pm On Jan 28, 2021
Cooking...

2 Shares

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by aremuforlife(m): 10:31pm On Jan 28, 2021
olukaygold:

Stay updated sir
You don't need to respond to everyone, there are lots of people learning from you.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Verify Red Copy Of Survey Plan In Lagos Was Lodged / What Is The Difference Between A Builder And A Civil Engineer / HOME SOLAR POWER SUPPLY SYSTEM FOR 3 BED HOUSE OR FLAT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.