Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,512 members, 7,808,871 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:22 PM

Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders - TV/Movies (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders (108953 Views)

Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV / FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase / Multichoice, DSTV/GOTV To Shut Down June 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by CypressHill2020: 5:22pm On Mar 23, 2021
Simplecity:
please how did they install it...what does it really look like...i have tried googling but the results am getting are not satisfactory..did they put a device in your house? how big is it ....i have a lot of questions cry

The fibre optic internet service is deployed to your location by way of cables, kinda like how NITEL of those days used to run cables to our homes and offices. FibreOne (my ISP) services particular locations in Lagos at the moment. You will need to contact them to know if they're in your area (if you live in Lagos).

Once deployed, you get a modem (as seen in the attachment) which doubles as your WIFI router to wirelessly connect your devices to the internet. Note that the modem you'd get might be different from the one in the attachment. Mine is 5 years old and I know for sure there are newer models deployed.

Right now in Lagos, companies that offer fibre optic internet service that I know include FibreOne, Tizeti (wifi.com.ng) and BroadBased Communications ltd. FibreOne which I use offers truly unlimited internet service with no data caps like you have with your regular telcos. It's play online till you're tired. I use mine for all my internet needs as well as television needs by way of IPTV and other video streaming apps all for ₦10,800/month (soon to be ₦11,450 from April 1, 2021).

Reach me via email on cypresshillaca2020@gmail.com and I'd be more than willing to answer any questions you may have. Cheers

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by georgee(m): 11:37am On Mar 24, 2021
CypressHill2020:

The fibre optic internet service is deployed to your location by way of cables, kinda like how NITEL of those days used to run cables to our homes and offices. FibreOne (my ISP) services particular locations in Lagos at the moment. You will need to contact them to know if they're in your area (if you live in Lagos).

Once deployed, you get a modem (as seen in the attachment) which doubles as your WIFI router to wirelessly connect your devices to the internet. Note that the modem you'd get might be different from the one in the attachment. Mine is 5 years old and I know for sure there are newer models deployed.

Right now in Lagos, companies that offer fibre optic internet service that I know include FibreOne, Tizeti (wifi.com.ng) and BroadBased Communications ltd. FibreOne which I use offers truly unlimited internet service with no data caps like you have with your regular telcos. It's play online till you're tired. I use mine for all my internet needs as well as television needs by way of IPTV and other video streaming apps all for ₦10,800/month (soon to be ₦11,450 from April 1, 2021).

Reach me via email on cypresshillaca2020@gmail.com and I'd be more than willing to answer any questions you may have. Cheers

Would have love to test these FibreOne ISP but they cover only 3% of Lagos undecided
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by CypressHill2020: 11:51am On Mar 24, 2021
georgee:

Would have love to test these FibreOne ISP but they cover only 3% of Lagos undecided

Once you taste the unlimited internet access, other telco offerings look like sh*t to you. The interesting part is the fact that I haven't had cause to subscribe to DSTv or any other local paytv operator in like 5 years. It's been bliss thanks to IPTV.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by georgee(m): 11:58am On Mar 24, 2021
CypressHill2020:

Once you taste the unlimited internet access, other telco offerings look like sh*t to you. The interesting part is the fact that I haven't had cause to subscribe to DSTv or any other local paytv operator in like 5 years. It's been bliss thanks to IPTV.
My ISP is Teltwine and they are fantastic too.. Haven't used DSTV since July 2018
I am full fleshed IPTV user grin
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by CypressHill2020: 12:46pm On Mar 24, 2021
georgee:

My ISP is Teltwine and they are fantastic too.. Haven't used DSTV since July 2018

You be correct person wey sabi. wink

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by Mustack: 9:42am On Mar 28, 2021
zone51:

Yes TSTV is in operation

Are they showing sport?
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by Mustack: 9:43am On Mar 28, 2021
CaptainFM1:

I've discarded DSTV for IPTV since July 2020, and it's the best thing that ever happened to me.
Funny enough, I got all the so called premium channels DSTV offers including SuperSports 3 at peanut price.

TO HELL WITH DSTV. May thunder strike all their satellites, dishes and stations.

Pls what the overall price of this package I beg
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by Sike(m): 10:11am On Mar 28, 2021
georgee:

how can I get iptv please
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by Mustack: 11:07am On Mar 28, 2021
CaptainFM1:

Your location matters. Get an Android TV box and say bye bye to DSTV

Glo is very effective in my area and extremely economical. May I never subscribe to DSTV in my life again.

With data, I get all their so called premium channels including all the SuperSports channels (1 to 10), CNN and BBC.

Data is Bae. Data is life.

Just find which network is suitable for your location. For me, Glo is cheap and very fast in my area. I don't even get to finish my monthly N15k subscription even though I watch TV as I like.

With data you have access to anything you want to watch anytime, anywhere.

Which model of TV box did you buy
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 6:39pm On Mar 31, 2021
Good evening....seems every one is now watching TV online, please who has DStv with dish and decoder to sell urgently
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by Mustack: 6:17am On Apr 01, 2021
CaptainFM1:

I've discarded DSTV for IPTV since July 2020, and it's the best thing that ever happened to me.
Funny enough, I got all the so called premium channels DSTV offers including SuperSports 3 at peanut price.

TO HELL WITH DSTV. May thunder strike all their satellites, dishes and stations.

Pls which IPTV did you get. Someone recommend me this one Mecool KM6 Deluxe.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by CaptainFM1: 11:29am On Apr 01, 2021
Mustack:

Pls which IPTV did you get. Someone recommend me this one Mecool KM6 Deluxe.

"X 88 Pro 10" But they all do the same. I can't say which is better, cos I never tried others.

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by CaptainFM1: 11:47am On Apr 01, 2021
Mustack:

Pls what the overall price of this package I beg

Check Aliexpress for prices of the box. The rest is the price of your internet.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by pierrenwob: 4:25pm On Apr 10, 2021
Available are Xiaomi TV Box - Mi Box S and Mi TV Stick. These are premium products. They work with IPTV and DStv now. They are Google Certified and run stock Android TV OS. Check SmartNeeds Nigeria on Instagram for more info.

Most cheap TV box in the market, heat up while in use and slows down when hot. Also, they don't support DSTV now because they are not Google Certified.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by pierrenwob: 4:28pm On Apr 10, 2021
CaptainFM1:

"X 88 Pro 10" But they all do the same. I can't say which is better, cos I never tried others.

They are not all the same. Whatever TV Box you buy should be Google Certified if you really want to enjoy it. The Meecool TV Box is Google Certified.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by CaptainFM1: 5:29pm On Apr 10, 2021
pierrenwob:

They are not all the same. Whatever TV Box you buy should be Google Certified if you really want to enjoy it. The Meecool TV Box is Google Certified.

You must understand that there are several operating systems. What I meant by they are all the same is in the basic function - IPTV (Watching TV via the internet). They basically will all do that certified or not.

I have my reasons for recommending that one.
If by tomorrow goggle block access of some of these illegal apps, you just may be able to download apk on other systems that are not Google certified.

I have mecool as well and it skips a lot. Ever since I've been using x-88 pro, I don't have such issue.

And if you really want to go the way of "they are not all the same thing"
You should be talking of the likes Nvidia shield Pro, Xiaomi box S, Amazon Fire Stick, Roku ultra and the likes. Those are the real machines. But they are quite expensive. So I know why I recommend that cos I've tried few of these cheap boxes including mecool.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by Mustack: 11:38am On Apr 18, 2021
CaptainFM1:

You must understand that there are several operating systems. What I meant by they are all the same is in the basic function - IPTV (Watching TV via the internet). They basically will all do that certified or not.

I have my reasons for recommending that one.
If by tomorrow goggle block access of some of these illegal apps, you just may be able to download apk on other systems that are not Google certified.

I have mecool as well and it skips a lot. Ever since I've been using x-88 pro, I don't have such issue.

And if you really want to go the way of "they are not all the same thing"
You should be talking of the likes Nvidia shield Pro, Xiaomi box S, Amazon Fire Stick, Roku ultra and the likes. Those are the real machines. But they are quite expensive. So I know why I recommend that cos I've tried few of these cheap boxes including mecool.

I have finally settled down with x-88 pro 10. I hope I get it delivery fast so that I can watch DStv and more sport on it.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by pokofu: 4:33pm On May 24, 2021
[quote author=biggy26 post=98587990]
Is cobranet good, cos I use smile? Cobranet gives dedicated bandwidth to its customers, it uses a licensed radio and not modems, which are more rugged. call or sms 08079292297 Paul

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by pokofu: 4:36pm On May 24, 2021
Sharmeenator:
I followed this thread from page 1, yet no one explain in concise terms what an IPTV is and how it works across all TVs and devices. Here I will explain to the best of my ability.

IPTV is not an app. Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) refers to applications that enable you watch contents streamed from the internet. Examples of IPTV apps are Netflix, Showmax, Mobdro TV, etc.

To switch to IPTV, you will need a Smart TV or an Android box; a device like decoder that can be connected to your non-smart tv. It has memory like phones and it works like an Android phone. You can download and install apps from Google play store in it.

There are tons of free and paid IPTV apps. You can download and install many of the FREE ones on android box unlike on Non-android Smart TV like Samsung appstore for Samsung Smart TVs.

Is it cheaper? Cobranet has coverage all over Lagos. Would you be still needing the service and an IPTV? call or sms 08079292297 Paul
Cheap here is relative. I will use myself as an example. I have a Samsung smart tv, Spectranet router modem, netflix account and DSTV decoder. I do the family or Yanga plan depending on the month. I use Spectranet because it is fast in my area. I subscribe to the 10.2k plan monthly. I do Netflix some months and only watch between the hour of 1am to 8am because Spectranet data cap is unlimited between those hours. Cobranet, IPNX and co don't have coverage in my area so I can't do any fibre optic data subscription.

DSTV is cheaper for me and IPTV will cost way more to me if I were to switch. But for someone whose location has good fibre optic coverage and who's doing DSTV premium, switching to IPTV on android box or Android Smart TV and subscribing to a fibre optic plan below 15k will be cheaper.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by biggy26: 9:19pm On May 24, 2021
[quote author=pokofu post=102021715][/quote]
Okay.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by Cassie74: 9:55am On Jun 22, 2021
pierrenwob:
I have not used DSTV in 16 month. I wish I can sell my DSTV Explorer. It is just occupying space. The only thing you can do with dstv is watch their mostly outdated TV shows.

My FibreOne Unlimited Internet subscription is just NGN 10,800. I use between 400gig and 700gig of data per month. It is data buffet.

If you know, you know.

If you want to sell your decoder..I am game
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by rohitiptv: 10:47am On Jul 03, 2021
thanks for share this information i think Would you be still needing the service and an IPTV? call or sms 08079292297 Paul
Cheap here is relative. I will use myself as an example. I have a Samsung smart tv, Spectranet router modem, netflix account and DSTV decoder. I do the family or Yanga plan depending on the month. I use Spectranet because it is fast in my area. I subscribe to the 10.2k plan monthly. I do Netflix some months and only watch between the hour of 1am to 8am because Spectranet data cap is unlimited between those hours. Cobranet, IPNX and co don't have coverage in my area so I can't do any fibre optic data subscription.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by 1stola: 5:53am On Jul 20, 2021
Wizzzzmike:

Lol go back to school ur English suck just like ur president lol...Yahoo jobless 419 criminal like boy like you...
Better than your nana money doubler ritualists tongue
PS: I am more educated than anyone in your lineage.
Re: Multichoice Announces Price Slash On Dstv, Gotv Decoders by humility33(m): 8:44pm On Aug 20, 2021
rodeo0070:
Leading video entertainment provider, MultiChoice Nigeria, has announced a price slash on its DStv and GOtv decoders starting Monday, February 1st, 2021.

The price slash will see the DStv HD decoder, dish kit with Compact package subscription drop from N18,600 to N9,900 on Confam package, while GOtv decoder, GOtennae with GOtv Jolli package subscription will go from N8,400 to N6,900.

DStv Confam is one of two recently improved DStv packages specially designed for the Nigerian family. With over 120 channels, DStv Confam offers the best of family time with international entertainment, kids, news and sports boasting of a range of channels including SuperSport La Liga, CBS Reality, FOX, BET and Cartoon Network.

GOtv Jolli, also a recently improved package on the DTT offering, offers a broad selection of over 68 local and international channels to choose from. Some of the channels available include SuperSport Football, ROK 2, Telemundo, FOX, Davinci Learning and Africa News.

Speaking at a virtual media briefing held on Friday, 29 January, Chief Customer Officer, MultiChoice Nigeria, Martin Mabutho, explained that the price slash is part of MultiChoice’s long line of efforts to lessen the economic impact of COVID on customers and a reflection of its commitment to making quality entertainment more accessible to Nigerians.

“With this discount, we are lowering the entry barrier for new customers to get a DStv or GOtv decoder as staying connected to credible information and another quality programming can be comforting for many families during these trying times,” said Mabutho.

Mabutho also listed some of the company’s relief strategies deployed during the first wave of the pandemic which includes cash donations of N200 million and N50 million to the Federal Government and Lagos State Government respectively, N400 million to the creative industry, whose professionals experienced disruptions in productions; donation of 30,000 Personal Protective Equipment and 30,000 face masks to hospitals and Non-Governmental Organisations as well as an approved inventory worth over N550m highlighting NCDC’s COVID-19 helplines and PSA materials on over 10 channels on DStv and GOtv.

“In addition to the discount we are currently running our DStv Step-Up offer which gives our customers on lower packages an opportunity to experience programming on higher packages, and a GOtv Max offer which sees customers on Jolli and Jinja enjoy a special discount of N2,999 instead of N3,600 per month,” Mabutho added.

The discounted DStv and GOtv bundle offer will be available from Monday, February 1st 2021 for a limited time only.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/2021/01/29/multichoice-announces-price-slash-on-dstv-gotv-decoders/

Please wanna ask a question

Can i swap my GOTV for DSTV please ? Is it possible?
Thanks will be hoping for your response

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

BBNaija: Tacha Under Fire Over Cleavage-Baring Outfit (Photos / NTA Presenter Wearing Canvas And Traditional Attire / BBNaija: Wathoni's Armpit Causes Outrage On Social Media (Viewers Discretion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.