Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,395 members, 7,781,134 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:31 AM

'Is This My Daddy?' - Escaped Chibok Schoolgirl Calls Her Father - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Is This My Daddy?' - Escaped Chibok Schoolgirl Calls Her Father (55280 Views)

Chibok Schoolgirl Joy Bishara Engaged In America / How I Was Forcefully Married To Boko Haram Since 2014, Escaped Chibok Schoolgirl / Escaped Chibok Girl Graduates In America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Is This My Daddy?' - Escaped Chibok Schoolgirl Calls Her Father by lalasticlala(m): 8:06pm On Jan 29, 2021
Lagos, Nigeria(CNN)Some of the Chibok schoolgirls abducted by Boko Haram nearly seven years ago have finally escaped from their captors, a father of one of the girls told CNN.

Halima Ali Maiyanga, one of more than 100 young women still missing, called her father to say she and others had managed to flee Boko Haram militants Thursday.

"She asked me. Is this my daddy? Is this my daddy, and she started crying. The crying was [so] much and I couldn't hear her very well. I was crying too. I never expected to hear from her again," Ali Maiyanga said.

"The whole family is so happy. Our house is full of people who are rejoicing with us."

Ali Maiyanga said he didn't get a chance to speak to his daughter properly, as she was emotional and the call was short. But he said she and others are safe and being looked after by the Nigerian army.

He added that she was calling from a phone line belonging to a security official.

CNN has reached out to the Nigerian army for official confirmation.

It is not yet clear how many of the remaining missing girls have managed to escape.

Halima Maiyanga is the step sister of Maryam Ali Maiyanga, who was rescued by troops with a baby from a Boko Haram commander in 2016, according to Somiari Fubara, who was the therapist hired to look after the newly-freed Chibok girls in 2017.

"They are very close. She cried often about her sister," Fubara recalled of her time with them at the American University of Nigeria in Yola, Adamawa State.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/01/29/africa/nigeria-chibok-girls-escape-intl/index.html?__twitter_impression=true

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Is This My Daddy?' - Escaped Chibok Schoolgirl Calls Her Father by kilonshele101(m): 8:08pm On Jan 29, 2021
I so much appreciate the efforts of our gallant men at front line. But can't NA just extract useful information from these people. If these girls can escape on there own, debriefing and tracing back there path to boko hideout shouldn't be difficult for NA

136 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 'Is This My Daddy?' - Escaped Chibok Schoolgirl Calls Her Father by HopeVictor(m): 8:08pm On Jan 29, 2021
Wow..at least one good news.. nice one

I wonder how many children them don born for those Boko boys them

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'Is This My Daddy?' - Escaped Chibok Schoolgirl Calls Her Father by Asgard13: 8:10pm On Jan 29, 2021
Thank God ..

More will be back. God no Dey sleep..

All Na prayers....

30 Likes

Re: 'Is This My Daddy?' - Escaped Chibok Schoolgirl Calls Her Father by Righteousness2(m): 8:11pm On Jan 29, 2021
Truly as long as there is life, there is Hope..

No matter how thick or long the Challenges are, Stay Strong with JESUS! Help is on the way!

Thank you JESUS

79 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Is This My Daddy?' - Escaped Chibok Schoolgirl Calls Her Father by ashacot: 8:12pm On Jan 29, 2021
This is too emotional.

Welcome home babe. Happy for your family. Hopefully more will be back.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Is This My Daddy?' - Escaped Chibok Schoolgirl Calls Her Father by EyezofGod120: 8:12pm On Jan 29, 2021
cheesy this girls don suffer wetin her eye don see her mouth no go fit talk am finish,,,if bullhari get sense now dem for send her outside d country,, but our presidiot no get sense

19 Likes

Re: 'Is This My Daddy?' - Escaped Chibok Schoolgirl Calls Her Father by Sabowest(m): 8:12pm On Jan 29, 2021
Make them take d girl go rehab asap

14 Likes

Re: 'Is This My Daddy?' - Escaped Chibok Schoolgirl Calls Her Father by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:12pm On Jan 29, 2021
Waiting for Nigeria police to come out and say they rescue them. Femi Adesina will call this an achievement of the Buhari administration

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Is This My Daddy?' - Escaped Chibok Schoolgirl Calls Her Father by sonsomegrigbo: 8:12pm On Jan 29, 2021
Hope this is not an arrangee...

I don't trust Nigerian government anymore, especially this APC led.

The "LYING MACHINE" head is working like clock to dole out new lies everydayshocked

N.B.
See image below if you find it difficult to decode my cryptic message above

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Is This My Daddy?' - Escaped Chibok Schoolgirl Calls Her Father by tolumizzy(m): 8:12pm On Jan 29, 2021
You see now.... Rapture.... Pls
Re: 'Is This My Daddy?' - Escaped Chibok Schoolgirl Calls Her Father by bigseank(m): 8:12pm On Jan 29, 2021
e no go better for all the ex-service chiefs and their Oga buhari. Even the present COAS, God punish all of you. All those who stole funds meant for Arms and better weapons, and to all the traitors in the Nigerian military. heaven's wrath on all of you...

Can this girl live a normal life like this. OMG...for 7yrs, such trauma.

3 Likes

Re: 'Is This My Daddy?' - Escaped Chibok Schoolgirl Calls Her Father by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jan 29, 2021
Lord have mercy.
Re: 'Is This My Daddy?' - Escaped Chibok Schoolgirl Calls Her Father by Ottyn01(m): 8:13pm On Jan 29, 2021
I have nothing to say
Re: 'Is This My Daddy?' - Escaped Chibok Schoolgirl Calls Her Father by mzBEAM(f): 8:13pm On Jan 29, 2021
Say no to One Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: 'Is This My Daddy?' - Escaped Chibok Schoolgirl Calls Her Father by HopeVictor(m): 8:13pm On Jan 29, 2021
sonsomegrigbo:
H

Is for house

1 Like

Re: 'Is This My Daddy?' - Escaped Chibok Schoolgirl Calls Her Father by kenzysmith: 8:13pm On Jan 29, 2021
book haram guy don give this one doggy she tire na she run

3 Likes

Re: 'Is This My Daddy?' - Escaped Chibok Schoolgirl Calls Her Father by theFilmtric: 8:13pm On Jan 29, 2021
if Nigerians are not careful
Everyone will say
Is this my son?
Are You my father?
If we allow this cultural Jihad
Posterity will weep!

theFilmtricsay

6 Likes

Re: 'Is This My Daddy?' - Escaped Chibok Schoolgirl Calls Her Father by Thisis2raw(m): 8:13pm On Jan 29, 2021
Thank God.... So some should please remind me how the security situation in the country better than when GEJ was president?

1 Like

Re: 'Is This My Daddy?' - Escaped Chibok Schoolgirl Calls Her Father by Kingdollar28(m): 8:13pm On Jan 29, 2021
grin

Drama kings..

2 Likes

Re: 'Is This My Daddy?' - Escaped Chibok Schoolgirl Calls Her Father by HopeVictor(m): 8:13pm On Jan 29, 2021
Nedkanayoo:
V
Is for Vulture
Re: 'Is This My Daddy?' - Escaped Chibok Schoolgirl Calls Her Father by Sultty(m): 8:13pm On Jan 29, 2021
buhari is a terrorist and a herdsmen/BH sympathizer

3 Likes

Re: 'Is This My Daddy?' - Escaped Chibok Schoolgirl Calls Her Father by airsaylongcome: 8:14pm On Jan 29, 2021
My wife gets loads of calls from Hausa speaking people start with "Asalaam alaikum" and ends up getting hung up when the person at the other end hears English. Who knows if one of those numerous calls could have been from someone like dis. It is well o. May all of them still in captivity regain their freedom. Amen

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Is This My Daddy?' - Escaped Chibok Schoolgirl Calls Her Father by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jan 29, 2021
Ok
Let me not say what's on my mind..
Re: 'Is This My Daddy?' - Escaped Chibok Schoolgirl Calls Her Father by thunderrider: 8:14pm On Jan 29, 2021
With Burantai gone
Re: 'Is This My Daddy?' - Escaped Chibok Schoolgirl Calls Her Father by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jan 29, 2021
Small children acting spirit since 2014, no na your grandpa no be your daddy.

3 Likes

Re: 'Is This My Daddy?' - Escaped Chibok Schoolgirl Calls Her Father by DamnnNiggarr: 8:14pm On Jan 29, 2021
shocked
Re: 'Is This My Daddy?' - Escaped Chibok Schoolgirl Calls Her Father by ajepako(f): 8:14pm On Jan 29, 2021
Oluwa seun ooo

Whatever their status, wife, mother or anything

God, please just bring them back to their anguished parents

Person pikin die is better than the pikin is missing

The agony of not knowing is even worse

3 Likes

Re: 'Is This My Daddy?' - Escaped Chibok Schoolgirl Calls Her Father by Officer4: 8:14pm On Jan 29, 2021

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mohammed, Ahmed Gulak Son Reveals His Father's Last Words Before He Was Murdered / Natasha Akpoti Gifts Her Nanny A House In Abuja (Photos) / Senate President, Saraki Reacts to N8.64bn Wardrobe Allowance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.