Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,426 members, 7,808,523 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:01 PM

I Left Nigerian Army Better Than I Met It — Buratai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Left Nigerian Army Better Than I Met It — Buratai (454 Views)

HURIWA: Buhari Should Return Cooking Gas Price To How He Met It In 2015 / I Left Nigerian Army Better Than I Met It, Says Tukur Buratai / General Buratai: I Left Nigerian Army Better Than I Met It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

I Left Nigerian Army Better Than I Met It — Buratai by adenigga(m): 9:00pm On Jan 29, 2021
The immediate past Chief of Army Staff, retired Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai, says he left the Nigerian Army better than he met.

Buratai stated this in his valedictory speech during the Pulling Out Parade by the Nigerian Army on Friday in Abuja.

He said that the army under his watch had achieved tremendous feat in the fight against insurgency and other security threats in the country.

He added that he ensured adequate training of personnel and enhancement of war fare capabilities of the army as well as prioritisation of personnel welfare.

“Today is a day of appreciation and not a stocktaking, but let me put on record that I left Nigerian Army better than I met it.

“The Nigerian Army under my leadership was able to achieve great feat in the fight against insurgency in the country.

“We have been experiencing pockets of threats here and there, but I can confidently say that no part of Nigeria is ceded to any terrorist group or criminals.

“The counter insurgency operation is a warfare new to Nigerian Army but over time, we have continued to device means of tackling the ever evolving dynamic nature of the threats in the country.

“The Nigerian Army has remained resolute in the discharge of its roles as enshrined in the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

“I urge you all to continue to rise to the occasion,” he said.

Buratai said that while it was always necessary to say goodbye at a point in life, he said it was not easy to find the right word to say goodbye to the courageous and dedicated team that worked with him.

He said that Nigerian Army also made giant strides in infrastructure development across the country.

Buratai commended the officers and soldiers of Nigerian Army for their dedication and loyalty, which he said assisted him to achieve so much in office.

The former COAS also thanked President Muhammadu Buhari for the opportunity to serve the country as well as providing an enabling environment for him to succeed.

He also commended the effort of the government of Borno in the war against insurgency, assuring that the war would soon be a thing of the past.

He urged politicians to always leave military out of politics, adding that the country needed politicians who are statesmen to support the military in addressing the prevailing security challenges.

According to him, there is no gain saying that there cannot be development without security and lack of development breeds insecurity.

He solicited support for the new Chief of Army Staff, Maj.-Gen. Ibrahim Attahiru, to be able to deliver on his mandate.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Buratai was officially pulled out of service in a parade held in his honour at Mogadishu Cantonment, Asokoro, Abuja.

Source:
https://m.guardian.ng/News/I-left-Nigerian-Army-better-than-I-met-it—Buratai

Re: I Left Nigerian Army Better Than I Met It — Buratai by osamz007: 9:01pm On Jan 29, 2021
FOOLISH MUMU MAN

AFTER SACRIFICING LOTS AND LOTS OF YOUNG LIVES

1 Like

Re: I Left Nigerian Army Better Than I Met It — Buratai by helinues: 9:02pm On Jan 29, 2021
shocked

Re: I Left Nigerian Army Better Than I Met It — Buratai by BlackSpanner: 9:02pm On Jan 29, 2021
Political general!!! Product of quota system and Federal character.

3 Likes

Re: I Left Nigerian Army Better Than I Met It — Buratai by osamz007: 9:02pm On Jan 29, 2021
helinues:
shocked
NO BE YOUR BROTHER

Re: I Left Nigerian Army Better Than I Met It — Buratai by osamz007: 9:03pm On Jan 29, 2021
BlackSpanner:
E
spanner, e stands for what exactly
Re: I Left Nigerian Army Better Than I Met It — Buratai by after4: 9:04pm On Jan 29, 2021
Of course. divide, demoralized and a lot of them butchered unnecessarily

1 Like

Re: I Left Nigerian Army Better Than I Met It — Buratai by MickzyDonald: 9:06pm On Jan 29, 2021
See his face like deformed Akara

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Left Nigerian Army Better Than I Met It — Buratai by adenigga(m): 9:08pm On Jan 29, 2021
MickzyDonald:

Ah!!!!.......

Re: I Left Nigerian Army Better Than I Met It — Buratai by MickzyDonald: 9:13pm On Jan 29, 2021
adenigga:

Ah!!!!.......
I'm not lying jare, the guy is already annoying me

1 Like

Re: I Left Nigerian Army Better Than I Met It — Buratai by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jan 29, 2021
please go back to your snake farm. Even then won't believe your story
Re: I Left Nigerian Army Better Than I Met It — Buratai by CatANDratTHEORY: 9:17pm On Jan 29, 2021
Buratai should take a career in comedy. I think he will do well there.

Big time comedian.
Re: I Left Nigerian Army Better Than I Met It — Buratai by adadike(f): 9:20pm On Jan 29, 2021
Ole buruku. Olodo general. General wey no fit destroy a rag tag group, that one na general? Army boys are happy at your removal sir

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Left Nigerian Army Better Than I Met It — Buratai by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jan 29, 2021
It is well with this country
Re: I Left Nigerian Army Better Than I Met It — Buratai by EnvelopeUs(f): 9:24pm On Jan 29, 2021
This man should be prosecuted.
Re: I Left Nigerian Army Better Than I Met It — Buratai by osamz007: 9:24pm On Jan 29, 2021
MickzyDonald:

FEAR GOD NA. WE BOTH HATE HIM

Re: I Left Nigerian Army Better Than I Met It — Buratai by Maxymilliano(m): 9:35pm On Jan 29, 2021

He said that the army under his watch had achieved tremendous feat in the fight against insurgency and other security threats in the country.
Guess that was the reason for the wild jubilations across military formations when he was retired from service.

Craze Man.

Re: I Left Nigerian Army Better Than I Met It — Buratai by Xscape1993(m): 9:36pm On Jan 29, 2021
We have heard you sir. God bless you sir. What a great country ruled by unfortunate people!
Re: I Left Nigerian Army Better Than I Met It — Buratai by illicit(m): 9:39pm On Jan 29, 2021
Yeye man....

He make Shekau proud

1 Like

Re: I Left Nigerian Army Better Than I Met It — Buratai by AlhajiImam: 9:41pm On Jan 29, 2021
You did your best and the north is more secured than it was in years back. Fulanis are great people

1 Like

Re: I Left Nigerian Army Better Than I Met It — Buratai by heniford2: 9:45pm On Jan 29, 2021
adenigga:
The immediate past Chief of Army Staff, retired Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai, says he left the Nigerian Army better than he met.

Buratai stated this in his valedictory speech during the Pulling Out Parade by the Nigerian Army on Friday in Abuja.

He added that he ensured adequate training of personnel and enhancement of war fare capabilities of the army as well as prioritisation of personnel welfare.

“Today is a day of appreciation and not a stocktaking, but let me put on record that I left Nigerian Army better than I met it.

“The Nigerian Army under my leadership was able to achieve great feat in the fight against insurgency in the country.

“We have been experiencing pockets of threats here and there, but I can confidently say that no part of Nigeria is ceded to any terrorist group or criminals.

“The counter insurgency operation is a warfare new to Nigerian Army but over time, we have continued to device means of tackling the ever evolving dynamic nature of the threats in the country.

“The Nigerian Army has remained resolute in the discharge of its roles as enshrined in the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

“I urge you all to continue to rise to the occasion,” he said.

Buratai said that while it was always necessary to say goodbye at a point in life, he said it was not easy to find the right word to say goodbye to the courageous and dedicated team that worked with him.

He said that Nigerian Army also made giant strides in infrastructure development across the country.

Buratai commended the officers and soldiers of Nigerian Army for their dedication and loyalty, which he said assisted him to achieve so much in office.

The former COAS also thanked President Muhammadu Buhari for the opportunity to serve the country as well as providing an enabling environment for him to succeed.

He also commended the effort of the government of Borno in the war against insurgency, assuring that the war would soon be a thing of the past.

He urged politicians to always leave military out of politics, adding that the country needed politicians who are statesmen to support the military in addressing the prevailing security challenges.

According to him, there is no gain saying that there cannot be development without security and lack of development breeds insecurity.

He solicited support for the new Chief of Army Staff, Maj.-Gen. Ibrahim Attahiru, to be able to deliver on his mandate.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Buratai was officially pulled out of service in a parade held in his honour at Mogadishu Cantonment, Asokoro, Abuja.

Source:
https://m.guardian.ng/News/I-left-Nigerian-Army-better-than-I-met-it—Buratai
mumu talk shia is well nobi 9ja we dey

1 Like

Re: I Left Nigerian Army Better Than I Met It — Buratai by CodeTemplar: 9:49pm On Jan 29, 2021
You will remembered as the one under whom BH leaked out of the NE and diffuses all over west Africa.
Re: I Left Nigerian Army Better Than I Met It — Buratai by paschalj4(m): 9:51pm On Jan 29, 2021
undecided undecided gibberish statement from a foolish general. Thank goodness your reign as (COAS) is finally over.

1 Like

Re: I Left Nigerian Army Better Than I Met It — Buratai by mp3ree: 10:11pm On Jan 29, 2021
EnvelopeUs:
This man should be prosecuted.

electrocuted
Re: I Left Nigerian Army Better Than I Met It — Buratai by adenigga(m): 10:19pm On Jan 29, 2021
mp3ree:

electrocuted

Exactly.......

Re: I Left Nigerian Army Better Than I Met It — Buratai by GallantDuke(m): 10:27pm On Jan 29, 2021
Somebody should please give me Burutia's number, I want to tell him something.

The incoming COAS is also an upgraded version of the previous one

1 Like

Re: I Left Nigerian Army Better Than I Met It — Buratai by HeadShot: 10:53pm On Jan 29, 2021
Is this supposed to be a joke.....

1 Like

Re: I Left Nigerian Army Better Than I Met It — Buratai by Mynd44: 5:49am On Jan 30, 2021

(1)

South East Governors Places Price Tag On Ndigbo For Fulani Herdsmen / Aisha Buhari Returns To Nigeria After Six Months In Dubai / Igbos, Yoruba Don’t Want Biafra, Oduduwa Nation- Sani[ACF Scribe]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.