Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

Dstv Wins Right To Show Champions Leauge Matches - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Dstv Wins Right To Show Champions Leauge Matches (2969 Views)

Fta Sport Channels To Watch Live Football Matches / Copa Del Rey Matches: Watch Live Round 32 Matches In Nigeria! / FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dstv Wins Right To Show Champions Leauge Matches by hisoccer(m): 6:08am On Apr 05, 2011
SUPERSPORT, a foremost
premium sports content
aggregator on the DStv
platform has secured the rights
to the UEFA Champions ’ League
matches for the Nigerian
territory for the 2011/ 2012
season. By this development,
SuperSport will have the rights
to all 146 live matches to the
prestigious Champions ’ League
as well as the UEFA Super Cup
and 205 live matches in the
Europa League.
The deal was sealed as a result of
an offer from the previous
rights holder. The offer to
SuperSport was made as a result
of agreement between the rights
holder and the previous
broadcaster which gave the
rights holder the authority to
sub-license the broadcast rights
to a third party broadcaster.
Speaking on the new
development, the chairman of
DStv Nigeria, Mr. Adewunmi
Ogunsanya said that his
company is happy that the
Champions ’ League, just like the
English Premier League, is
returning to DStv which is the
traditional home of the best
sports content in the world. “I
am personally delighted that we
have been able to underline our
commitment to our subscribers
that we will continue to make
strategic investment decisions to
keep DStv as the premium pay
TV choice in the Nigeria”.
http://nationalmirroronline.net/
sports/9237.html
Dont u guys think Dstv is up to sumthin
Re: Dstv Wins Right To Show Champions Leauge Matches by Eltonluigi(m): 9:23am On Apr 05, 2011
Yeah,dey might be on d road to bankruptcy if they are lookin' for new subscribers like me,moreover mb3 on w3a still shows live uefa matches tho' im not a english premier league or soccer fan generally but i think ESPN(not d one on dstv platform) is still d biggest in sport. Supersport get most of their content from SKY sport which pretty much big in d UK!
Re: Dstv Wins Right To Show Champions Leauge Matches by GeorgeD1(m): 10:20am On Apr 05, 2011
oh noooooo! hitv's nightmare finally comes true! cry
Re: Dstv Wins Right To Show Champions Leauge Matches by segunfms(m): 11:19am On Apr 05, 2011
hitv and dstv no what they are doing you will see what will happen next season i think hitv will show some EPL next season is like they exchange with dstv. you will see what will happen.
Re: Dstv Wins Right To Show Champions Leauge Matches by satani22: 11:34am On Apr 05, 2011
@ topic 'Dstv Wins Right To Show Champions Leauge Matches' is in error

Dstv did not win any right. HITV leased/rented the rights to DSTV. Dstv never competed for anything rather made an agreement/arrangement with HITV which is not for free
Re: Dstv Wins Right To Show Champions Leauge Matches by Nobody: 12:09pm On Apr 05, 2011
@satani22 If that's the case,it seems Hitv is digging their own grave,
Re: Dstv Wins Right To Show Champions Leauge Matches by maskuraid(m): 12:50pm On Apr 05, 2011
@sidwell,I believe Hitv finally saw the light.why spend money that you don't have?obviously buying live sports was costing too much money and not delivering the expected mileage.in every business their should be a strategy.what I think they need to do is beef up their entertainment content a la movies\series etc and keep their costs at an appropriate level.then they can focus on a segment and with the right pricing they will be okay.mytv is still in business,same with startimes.not everybody will be willing to shed blood for dstv to watch football and going head to head is just enriching the english fa and uefa.if the content is good,people will still pay the lower price rather than spend all the money on dstv just for sports.have a plan,target and focus, shikena.the market is big enough.

(1) (Reply)

Freeview,digital Tv Thread!! / Dish For Lease / Satellite Dish Installation Made Easy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.