Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,376 members, 7,781,058 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:10 AM

Undetected Sickle Celler - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Undetected Sickle Celler (71960 Views)

Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? / Nigerian Man Marries With ‘fake’ Genotype, Abandons Wife With ‘sickle Cell’ Kids / Advice Concerning : Undetected Sickle Celler (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Lewisdinho(m): 8:43pm On Jan 30, 2021
Inexperienced medical personnels in seven different laboratories? U sef check am na
pragmatistm:

I tell you, she is a very upright person but the fault is with the inexperienced personnels in the various labs.

I need the medical persons to come and say something on this matter. I have just learned that to detect certain AS genotype used to be problematic in the laboratories. Please medical people, over to you.

8 Likes

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 8:43pm On Jan 30, 2021
Someone is lying somewhere
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by TrippleEEE: 8:43pm On Jan 30, 2021
This OP is a scam. Fake story. Fake certainty. Fake trust. Fake everything.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by kramer: 8:43pm On Jan 30, 2021
pragmatistm:
Good day family people. Please what can you do in this case?

The best thing you can do is to mind your business

6 Likes

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by SeriouslySense(m): 8:43pm On Jan 30, 2021
ohh, sad, this is why i did not continue my relationship, with one girl, i like, to avoid a suffering child, but as previous people have pointed out, she did so many test, its a bit odd.

I hope they can take care of the child, the mistake has already been done.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by kunkelhanspeter(m): 8:44pm On Jan 30, 2021
NoToPile:

Not necessarily @ bolded she was most likely trying to be very sure she was AA ( Knowing how often these mistakes happen ) because she knows her fiancee is AS to avoid stuffs like this.

Its simple if you want to marry an AS, its common sense to confirm, confirm and reconfirm your AA status.

She need Sue the hospitals she performed the genotype
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 30, 2021
pragmatistm:
Good day family people. Please what can you do in this case?

My neighbour's second child, 5 year old girl that used to fall sick often was just recently confirmed sickle celler much to the surprise of the parents and all of us. But that is not even the issue.

The real issue is that the parents tested to know their genotype before marriage and the father was known to be AS and the mother AA. The woman went to 5 different hospitals and laboratories, government and private, to confim her genotype before committing to marriage with the man. After their marriage and during her two antenatal in the hospital, she tested her blood each time again and her genotype was still confirmed AA. Now suddenly when her daughter was fallen sick often she requested for genotype test for the daughter and it was confirmed she was SS. That made the doctor to ask the mother to go for genotype test again and it turned out as AS.

Please how do you explain this family people and doctors in the house? What do you do to those that conducted the 7 previous tests both in government and private hospitals?
A lot of amateurs running medical centers in the country. I'm not surprised.

I just pity the poor child brought to this world to suffer.
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by pasol4real(m): 8:44pm On Jan 30, 2021
Ishilove:

The woman has not yet told us how that child turned out to be SS. I put it to you that she was always AS and she knew, but maybe desperation pushed her into lying to her husband about her genotype. How can she consistently do tests over a number of years and the result is always AA, but this one time when the child is confirmed to have sickle cell anemia, she does another test and voila, she is AS. Just one time.

She is a liar and a very terrible person. Now she has brought an innocent child to suffer

This makes sense....
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by viyon02: 8:44pm On Jan 30, 2021
thundafire:
There are still chances of a child having SS even though both parent are AA or AS. The probability is like 1% and the child happened to be part of the 1%
whaaaaaat from what theory sir?

2 Likes

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Reelmii: 8:45pm On Jan 30, 2021
Acidosis:

There's a loophole in your write-up bro. The level of certainty you have displayed on the thread is too high to believe the lady is your neighbour. You don't even know her until she moved in with her husband, your neighbour, so where's the confidence coming from?

My point is you barely know this woman. Stop being too confident okay?

It's even possible that the husband is also aware of her AS status before marriage. They got married with the hope of raising AS/AA children. Some couples who got blinded with love took this risk. Since their plan turned out this way, of course, they needed to come up with a story so the world won't blame them.

That being said, you should speak with a medical practitioner if your assertions are correct.
I love wat u just said,, the kind of defense he has for the woman makes me want to believe she is his wife and not neighbor, and they are both swear they were As before they got married.... simple

14 Likes

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by BRATISLAVA: 8:45pm On Jan 30, 2021
BrutusOj:
The post said he is AS na.

He could equally be an SS. Seems he only took his test once. Will, both parents contributed the sickler gene. If society was much better, she wouldn't feel bad about being unmarried. She didn't have to lie.

2 Likes

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Bennysam: 8:45pm On Jan 30, 2021
Winneygirl:

7 times??
Like you said something is wrong and she know it
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Acidosis(m): 8:45pm On Jan 30, 2021
Onyx2222:

They lied to man that she is AA cos she want to get married.... It happened to my uncle and it was his Senior sister that helped d woman to get married to d brother cos she wants her own cut of money

Nobody lied to anybody. It's a planned work. They knew they were AS before marriage. As things flopped, they had to tell a lie to cover up.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Ghozky(m): 8:45pm On Jan 30, 2021
I think she lied all along.

OP, why are you defending her?

3 Likes

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by michoim(m): 8:46pm On Jan 30, 2021
Ishilove:

And you know she is upright because...? Don't be fooled by looks. Daggers are hidden in men's smiles.

I can understand and blame inexperience for 1,2, perhaps 3 tests, but 4, 5, 6 and 7? From different labs? Puhleeze! 7 different labs, 7 different lab technicians, 7 different tests, all AA. And you're believe her. undecided If Nigerian labs were so bad half of us would be dead by now because of wrong test results.

Stop being wilfully naive.
You're stern...
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by BRATISLAVA: 8:46pm On Jan 30, 2021
kramer:

The best thing you can do is to mind your business

It is his business. There's no neighbor.

4 Likes

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by BrutusOj(m): 8:47pm On Jan 30, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Didn't see that. Oh well, they should know they both contributed to it. Both parents gave the gene. Both are responsible. Even the man could actually be SS.
Stop it jaree..you are still trying to bring the gender nonsense here. Call a spade a spade and move on.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by iliyande(m): 8:47pm On Jan 30, 2021
DNA is necessary here

2 Likes

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by drsibz66(m): 8:47pm On Jan 30, 2021
[quote author=Winneygirl post=98588741]

1,2,3, maybe 4 times might be considered being cautious.
But 5,6,7 times seems out of place to me.
We don't know her family history. We don't know if she has a sickle cell sibling.

Something made her jittery enough to keep running the test even after marriage.
That is the missing piece of information. [/quote

Confirm detective

1 Like

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jan 30, 2021
Ishilove:

The woman has not yet told us how that child turned out to be SS. I put it to you that she was always AS and she knew, but maybe desperation pushed her into lying to her husband about her genotype. How can she consistently do tests over a number of years and the result is always AA, but this one time when the child is confirmed to have sickle cell anemia, she does another test and voila, she is AS. Just one time.

She is a liar and a very terrible person. Now she has brought an innocent child to suffer
She's evil. And selfish. The blood of that child is on her head.

6 Likes

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by SIRTee15: 8:48pm On Jan 30, 2021
No need for all this salaye....
They now have a sickle cell child on their hand...and that's what count now.
Good news.... it's no longer a death sentence or a life of crisis.
Tell the parents to start saving money for Stem cell transplant. Its around 5 to 10 million naira. It could be cheaper in nigeria, I'm not sure.
Good luck.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jan 30, 2021
You're not giving us the full gist @op
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by BRATISLAVA: 8:48pm On Jan 30, 2021
BrutusOj:
Stop it jaree..you are still trying to bring the gender nonsense here. Call a spade a spade and move on.

It's not impossible. He could be SS. With all the details, it's likely his wife. He is not being sincere somewhere in this story. Is the child really his?

1 Like

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Duru009(m): 8:48pm On Jan 30, 2021
The woman deceive the man with marriage, she knows exactly what she DID?

After God, fear woman ....

3 Likes

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by CodeTemplar: 8:49pm On Jan 30, 2021
pragmatistm:
Not at all. She's her child. The girl even resembles her grandmother well.
Just let then confirm that the child wasn't changed at birth.

1 Like

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by CrEaToRmalden(m): 8:49pm On Jan 30, 2021
Winneygirl:

We don't know her family history. We don't know if she has a sickle cell sibling.

That is the missing piece of information.

You're quite SMART.

1 Like

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by TheKlassyq101: 8:49pm On Jan 30, 2021
She should visit another hospital be that cuz ve never ask of this kind matter b4
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by AiooAi: 8:50pm On Jan 30, 2021
May be she was infected by the husband
Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by numtums(m): 8:50pm On Jan 30, 2021
pragmatistm:
Not at all. She's her child. The girl even resembles her grandmother well.
Mother and father should have a DNA test

2 Likes

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by juwoonn(m): 8:50pm On Jan 30, 2021
Winneygirl:

7 times??

Winneygirl:

That is the missing piece of information.
I think the OP said 5 times before marriage and 2 times during antenatal..yeah, they'll check during antenatal. Its not like she did 7 times before marrying the guy.

5 Likes

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by slimanyd: 8:50pm On Jan 30, 2021
nonoski:

Lies nobody carries out genotype test 7 times.

She is just lying to the poor husband.

He should immediately file for divorce coz there are more things she is hiding believe me on this.

Bro. It's possible o . I did Hyperthetis test times to ascertain my Status . Two different private lab said am positive , While I had to go to a federal hospital to ascertain there claim and lo, I was negative ,I did another one again , same negative , Even did a more stringent test ,Same negative , Imagine , the fear I was carrying up and down during those period. ,So, the curiosity behind all these fake labs can lead to people making mistakes.

2 Likes

Re: Undetected Sickle Celler by Oyiboman69: 8:51pm On Jan 30, 2021
NoToPile:

Not necessarily @ bolded she was most likely trying to be very sure she was AA ( Knowing how often these mistakes happen ) because she knows her fiancee is AS to avoid stuffs like this.

Its simple if you want to marry an AS, its common sense to confirm, confirm and reconfirm your AA status.
How well do you know the woman in question?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Family Welcomes First Daughter Since 1885 - After 138 Years with pictures / Man Buys Venza For His Mother After Selling Her Car To Travel Abroad / Cobra And Monitor Lizard Killed In A Bed Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.