Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

Different Types Of Land Documents - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Different Types Of Land Documents (32585 Views)

Important Land Documents For Property Transactions In Nigeria / 7 Land Documents In Nigeria You Must Know Before Buying Land. / Different Types Of Nigerian Landlords (meme Collection) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Different Types Of Land Documents by CotenantNIG: 6:35pm On Jan 30, 2021
Happy Sunday

Ok so i want to upload images of how land documents look like, but its necessary you verify each documents before purchase and after purchase

Certificate of Occupancy
A certificate of occupancy is a proof of land ownership given to a land owner by the Government. A certificate of occupancy is a document issued by a local government agency or building department certifying a building’s compliance with applicable building codes and other laws, and indicating it to be in a condition suitable for occupancy.

Deed of Assignment
The Deed of Assignment acts a main document between the buyer and seller to show proof of ownership in favour of the seller. A Deed of Assignment is an instrument of transfer used in real estate transactions to transfer legal title or the ownership in a land or building from the title holder (called the assignor) to another called the assignee usually for a consideration (money or money’s worth).

Gazette
The Gazette is an Official Government Record book of all URBAN land within a state. Gazette provides a permanent official public record of important statutory and non-statutory notices that can be used to support legal and other processes, and act as a means of advertising public notices. This is a document that records and expresses the areas the government has given to the family and community to acquire and that the government won’t secure it for any reason with the exception of an appropriate information.

Survey Plan
A Survey Plan is a document that measures the boundary of a parcel of land to give an accurate measurement and description of that land. The people that handle survey issues are Surveyors and they are regulated by the office of the Surveyor general in Lagos as it relates to survey issues in Lagos.

Governor’s Consent
A land transaction is only deemed legal in the eyes of the law when the buyer obtains Governor’s Consent i.e. if the buyer is not the first owner of the land. The Governor’s Consent is the approval that must be given by a governor of a state or his delegate in any transaction that has to do with the transfer of ownership or other interests over land or landed property in order to make the transaction valid at law.

Thanks for reading.
https://pwanmax.com/2021/01/28/know-your-land-documents/

70 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Different Types Of Land Documents by sammysmiles(m): 6:40pm On Jan 30, 2021
shocked
Some parts of the country,,, some people always sell and resell a land to various people even with their acclaimed original papers,, because of high profile greed and desertation by the so called buyers .....
That's why it's advisable to fence a land after buying it...
But when the owner is not financially buoyant uncor

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Different Types Of Land Documents by nelsonebby(m): 6:40pm On Jan 30, 2021
These are correct cool

I have my land property for sale in ibeju lekki

Buyers Contact me

1 Like

Re: Different Types Of Land Documents by BigDawsNet: 6:41pm On Jan 30, 2021
wink C of O
Re: Different Types Of Land Documents by UltraSphinx(m): 6:41pm On Jan 30, 2021
undecided
What about "Omo-onile" Ceasefire agreement?
for landed property in Lagos state and it's immediate environs

13 Likes

Re: Different Types Of Land Documents by akanbiaa(m): 6:41pm On Jan 30, 2021
Educative

1 Like

Let us help the vulnerable https://m.facebook.com/abibakrhome
We need more or such topics on front page.

7 Likes

Re: Different Types Of Land Documents by oluwaseyi0: 6:41pm On Jan 30, 2021
That your c of o definition is confusing

3 Likes

Re: Different Types Of Land Documents by haykayneyo: 6:41pm On Jan 30, 2021
CotenantNIG:
thank you

Na you post, na you be FTC for thread too. You no try op
Re: Different Types Of Land Documents by Best621: 6:41pm On Jan 30, 2021
Learning
Re: Different Types Of Land Documents by theFilmtric: 6:41pm On Jan 30, 2021
all these wan na grammer
If you like collect UN secretary general consent

Omo onile go still collect $

theFilmtricsay

6 Likes

Re: Different Types Of Land Documents by OasisT: 6:42pm On Jan 30, 2021
Which one is global C of O

2 Likes

Re: Different Types Of Land Documents by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 30, 2021
We wey never buy land nko..
Na for only nairaland we dey buy land upandan. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Different Types Of Land Documents by nonut: 6:42pm On Jan 30, 2021
Confusionists

1 Like

Re: Different Types Of Land Documents by zenith4biz(m): 6:43pm On Jan 30, 2021
Hope Seun has obtained all this documents for Nairaland? I no wan hear stories ow

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Different Types Of Land Documents by victorazy(m): 6:44pm On Jan 30, 2021
CotenantNIG:
Happy Sunday

Ok so i want to upload images of how land documents look like, but its necessary you verify each documents before purchase and after purchase

Certificate of Occupancy
A certificate of occupancy is a proof of land ownership given to a land owner by the Government. A certificate of occupancy is a document issued by a local government agency or building department certifying a building’s compliance with applicable building codes and other laws, and indicating it to be in a condition suitable for occupancy.

Deed of Assignment
The Deed of Assignment acts a main document between the buyer and seller to show proof of ownership in favour of the seller. A Deed of Assignment is an instrument of transfer used in real estate transactions to transfer legal title or the ownership in a land or building from the title holder (called the assignor) to another called the assignee usually for a consideration (money or money’s worth).

Gazette
The Gazette is an Official Government Record book of all URBAN land within a state. Gazette provides a permanent official public record of important statutory and non-statutory notices that can be used to support legal and other processes, and act as a means of advertising public notices. This is a document that records and expresses the areas the government has given to the family and community to acquire and that the government won’t secure it for any reason with the exception of an appropriate information.

Survey Plan
A Survey Plan is a document that measures the boundary of a parcel of land to give an accurate measurement and description of that land. The people that handle survey issues are Surveyors and they are regulated by the office of the Surveyor general in Lagos as it relates to survey issues in Lagos.

Governor’s Consent
A land transaction is only deemed legal in the eyes of the law when the buyer obtains Governor’s Consent i.e. if the buyer is not the first owner of the land. The Governor’s Consent is the approval that must be given by a governor of a state or his delegate in any transaction that has to do with the transfer of ownership or other interests over land or landed property in order to make the transaction valid at law.

Thanks for reading.
https://pwanmax.com/2021/01/28/know-your-land-documents/

Nice one.

What about R of O
Right of Occupancy?

3 Likes

Re: Different Types Of Land Documents by potent5(m): 6:44pm On Jan 30, 2021
Good stuff.

But there are others.
Re: Different Types Of Land Documents by obonujoker(m): 6:45pm On Jan 30, 2021
A prospective client can buy a land or property that doesn't have CofO, provided after checking the survey plan No and find there's no problem on the land.

Thereafter the new buyer can decide to obtain a CofO

6 Likes

Re: Different Types Of Land Documents by potent5(m): 6:47pm On Jan 30, 2021
Right of Occupancy is not a document.
victorazy:

Nice one.

What about R of O
Right of Occupancy?

3 Likes

Re: Different Types Of Land Documents by OmodavidoX(m): 6:49pm On Jan 30, 2021
Very Educative, about the last one. Governor”s consent, please does it apply to all lands. You know there are some lands that haven’t been built on atall but has passed through from family to family and to even individuals, does getting Governor’s consent also applies to that, and I recently wanted to get a land around Sango-Ifo through someone but the person who recommended me and the former owner said I only needed to have the family receipt and that’s all? Is that okay ?

3 Likes

Re: Different Types Of Land Documents by oluwaseyi0: 6:53pm On Jan 30, 2021
Do
Re: Different Types Of Land Documents by AIT1(m): 6:53pm On Jan 30, 2021
Ok
Re: Different Types Of Land Documents by SoliBayNG: 6:53pm On Jan 30, 2021
Get your lands at omagwa. And yes, it comes with a survey plan (registered with the ministry) and your deed.
Re: Different Types Of Land Documents by beardedboy(m): 6:54pm On Jan 30, 2021
Educative post.

Please OP @cotenantNIG I have two questions:

1- You seem to have given two definitions for C of O. Th first states that it's a document given by government to show that a particular citizen can use the land.
But the second states that it's a document to show that the structure on a piece of land conforms with building and town planning codes.

Firstly, I'm unable to reconcile the two definitions.
Secondly, from the little I know, the first definition is the correct definition of Cof O. The second definition seems to be the definition of a building plan which town planners request for.

Am I missing something?

2- What's the difference between governor's consent and deed of assignment? Or, better put, what kind of land transaction requires DoA and what type requires GC?

TIA.

2 Likes

Re: Different Types Of Land Documents by lionness(f): 6:54pm On Jan 30, 2021
Ok
Re: Different Types Of Land Documents by KossyKiss97(f): 6:59pm On Jan 30, 2021
Ok

If you need a land in Abuja, call the number in my signature
Re: Different Types Of Land Documents by MrNipplesLover(m): 7:01pm On Jan 30, 2021
Firstly, today na Saturday, OP.

Reading.......

Correct!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos State Government Removes Illegal Street Gates In Lekki Phase 1 / What Age Should Owning A House Become A Priority? / Construction Diary Of A Semi Detached Bungalow At Ikorodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.