Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,311 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? (10836 Views)

Events Of The Great Tribulation / Will Great Tribulation Take Place Before The Rapture? / The Rapture Will Not Happen Until Christians Have Faced The Great Tribulation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by BreconHills(m): 11:37am On Jan 31, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Hi bro. I haven't concluded oh. From my first rapture dream it appeared we escaped the great tribulation, because it was after we were teleported from the danger zone to somewhere safe I suppose, that the devil appeared, which probably signified the beginning of his time to reign. So I thought it was before the great tribulation, but when I checked a place in the Bible where Jesus spoke of the rapture, it seemed to contradict it.

Later i saw where Jesus spoke of being worthy to escape these things. So what things was He speaking about if not the great tribulations?

So I haven't still gotten it oh. I'm still in the process of doing so that's why I can't take any firm position now, even though anyone was fine with me.

God bless.

I love the urgency of your message. Such messages generally come at moments of slumber and drifting by the saints. In looking at the pre trib and post trib discussions I agree with you that the timing is not as important as the fact of the event. I also feel that both viewpoints have evidence although I lean towards the intra tribulation rapture. To get there i looked at the consistency of God through scripture. In my opinion, God has always delivered his people from within tribulation and not from it. The case of Israel in Egypt, Joseph, Daniel and the Babylonia captivity are cases in point. Even in the case of Noah, the ark rode on the waves of God's judgement. Lot was delivered from Sodom.

Now this is where I think it is important. The Gospel of the Kingdom has us differentiated as an alternative way or civilization, enduring oppression and hardship and thriving inspite of opposition. The modern version of that Gospel highlights the benefits of the kingdom over the submission to the King. So a great deal of softness and indulgence has crept in as has a great deal of legalism which is wrongly substituting mans ordinance for the citizens natural response to our Kings majesty.

We are insurgents and exiles operating behind enemy lines. Ultimately we will leave with the Lord but we must be prepared to endure, suffer and be inconvenienced as the enemy increasingly reveals his true nature.

The Lamb reigns. Blessings dear brother.

1 Like

Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by Toks2008(m): 11:39am On Jan 31, 2021
obonujoker:
Hello bro.

I thought we've always concluded from biblical passages and references that the great tribulation is before rapture of the saints.... Jesus Christ himself specified this in Matthew 24 from vs 31.

Also in the parable of the ten virgins, after the bridegroom came, and the five wise virgins entered, the door was shut... The parable never recorded any second chance for the foolish virgins rather, let's see the bridegroom's reply in
Matthew 25:10-12 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

From these chapters and verses, a wise child of God should be able to deduce the truth, and shun the left behind movie series and John Darby's erroneous teachings

I will add more scriptures later from St Paul and John the Beloved.

It is after the tribulation and I remember having this discussion on nairaland maybe with this same OP.
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by staga: 11:40am On Jan 31, 2021
I used to think rapture would occur before the tribulation, but I am starting to have doubts about this. Most likely, the tribulation would meet us here and we would be taken in the midst of it.

1 Like

Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by emmayoc: 11:42am On Jan 31, 2021
Righteousness2:
Let no one Deceive or Confuse you.
The next agenda on the Time table is the Snatching away of the Saints otherwise known as The RAPTURE.
It could happen at anymoment!
Everything is Fulfilled!
Be Ready!
Live Ready!

Please we need to be careful not to mislead people with wrong believes and doctrines not supported by the word of God. This question is often asked those who say rapture before tribulations and I also asked u. Pls show me just one verse, only one verse in the Bible that tells u it's rapture first. U can't never see that.

But Bible states categorically that it's tribulations first then rapture take place. There are many scriptures in the Gospel, Epistle and book of Revelation. I will only show u two references in which Jesus our Lord Himself said in

Matthew 24:29-31:
Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

2 Thessalonians 2:2-3
That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Please I will emphasize again very strongly. Let your argument and beliefs be based on God's word which is the standard by which all matters are judged. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by DSC7: 11:43am On Jan 31, 2021
Righteousness2:

Keep Decieving yourself!
Events will be Clear in your eyes soon

You are the one that have not taken time to understand the Bible.......

Jesus is coming very soon(Rature) but not now bro xcept if death does not permit you(us) to witness it.....There are still many events yet to be witnessed.....Read the book of matthew and Revelation to understand better......

Las Las Watch and Pray always for even Jesus or the Angels dont know when the hour will be Except God Almighty....
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by obonujoker(m): 11:46am On Jan 31, 2021
Ziel20:
On the rapture, I strongly believe its gonna be before the great tribulation.

Some people get confused though because the bible mentioned saints whose blood cried for justice.

Let me point something out. At the time of the rapture, there will be believers who did not ready themselves. Who will be left behind.

Now when the tribulation starts, people will be forced to receive a mark. Some of these believers who are left behind will strongly oppose that in such a way that many will pay for their redemption with their own blood.

They will rather die than take the mark. Taking the mark means that their is no more redemption for you but everlasting damnation.

Give biblical references of this...

1 Like

Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by emmayoc: 11:51am On Jan 31, 2021
DSC7:

Jesus is coming very soon(Rature) but not now bro xcept if death does not permit you(us) to witness it.....There are still many events yet to be witnessed.....Read the book of matthew and Revelation to understand better......

Las Las Watch and Pray always for even Jesus or the Angels dont know when the hour will be Except God Almighty....

Please tell them. People just say things without judgement or verifying from scriptures what they are quoting. What I don't understand is people quoting things without any tangible reference
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 31, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation?

This is a topic that appears to be generating a lot of hot debates among Christians presently. I don't think there's much doubt about the rapture taking place, because that's generally agreed upon by Christians to be a certainty. But the bone of contention was when exactly it would take place, if before or after the great tribulation.

I must admit though that this topic is one that I'm not well informed about, because It's not been an area of interest to me. Anyone of them was good enough for me because I was made by Jesus to be prepared at all times for all kinds of situation just as the apostles.

Luke 12:35-40 (KJV)

Let your loins be girded about, and your lights burning;
And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately.
Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.

And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants.
And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through.
Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.

Hence i'm not really concerned if the rapture takes place before or after the great tribulation, because I'm always ready as my loins are girded about and my light is always burning as the Master had instructed. And I believe that ought to be the same for every one of His followers.

However last year I got a rapture dream for the first time in my life. That was sometime in June. Since then I have had two more and one great tribulation dream. The most recent being the rapture dream I just had a few days ago.

It gave me the impression gave that the end was very near, hence people needed to be warned about this so that they can repent and be ready for the rapture.

So although such information may not be of much significance to me, there were yet those who need to aware of such. therefore being God's servant, i was meant to warn them about what was imminent, which explains the rapture dreams I've been receiving.

And that's what I've been doing since. Although repentance has always been a key part of my message, now it's become even more urgent because it seems there's not much time left going by the timing and frequency of the endtime dreams.

For more details on those rapture and great tribulation dreams, you can go to this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/6386851/just-woke-up-third-rapture#98508258

I must also admit though, that because of the rapture and tribulation dreams I was now more informed about the rapture than I used to be beforehand, that I intended to share my view about it. However when I realized that i was still not informed enough to give a definite position on that subject, I had to suspend my initial plans, so as not to mislead others.

Therefore it's only when i'm ready for that, i would do so, although as things stand now, I'm more inclined to the position of tribulation before rapture, and that I believe is a safer position to be in the meantime, that may yet change along the way.

But for those who are completely sure of when the rapture would take place, this is an opportunity to convince those of us who aren't if the rapture would take place before or after the great tribulation.

As I said earlier though, regardless, the most important thing is for us to be ready at all times for all possible scenarios as Jesus instructed us to be.

God bless.
Exactly the same stand I share. Honestly, after reading points from pro post tribulation, I was dazzled since I was born into pre tribulation. I have dreamt about rapture too, 3 times to be precised, but those were very long periods ago before I was 7. Well, dreams can be a reflection of what we take in, and can be visions. Only you can tell. You just need to be more sensitive. What I know is that when one is prepared, whether pre or post, one has nothing to worry about. Though, it is good to know, but when people start laying too much emphasis on it and base their faith and fate on it, hmmmmm...they just allow the devil to score cheap goals against them. I can flow with either of the two fractions. None of them will ever give a concised answer, but I have learned from both.

For me, I do not care again. What is important is to know Christ and the power of His resurrection. Finished. Pre, post, in btw, along side, almost within, or whatever, I do not care again. Funny how the secret rapture became a big issue. Of course, it makes sense, but too much emphasis is bad. It is a distraction from the real issue.

God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by justli: 11:53am On Jan 31, 2021
Great post sir. The time is now for the awakening of the church even as the devil doubles down on deceiving more people from within and outside the church

We have to watch, pray and most importantly read the word of God daily. I strongly believe no one who reads the Bible daily can be decieved
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by SeriouslySense(m): 11:55am On Jan 31, 2021
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Not really certain, the sequence of events, this calls for more study of the bible to understand better, when how they may occur, but it seems the rapture will occur after some period after the birth pains of the great tribulation.

Which means those chosen by God to be raptured, may still suffer some time in the great tribulation, however the persons who has the Holy Spirit, and who are chosen, are likely to be taken away before the wrath of God is poured out in the great Tribulation
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by obonujoker(m): 11:55am On Jan 31, 2021
emmayoc:

Please we need to be careful not to mislead people with wrong believes and doctrines not supported by the word of God. This question is often asked those who say rapture before tribulations and I also asked u. Pls show me just one verse, only one verse in the Bible that tells u it's rapture first. U can't never see that.

But Bible states categorically that it's tribulations first then rapture take place. There are many scriptures in the Gospel, Epistle and book of Revelation. I will only show u two references in which Jesus our Lord Himself said in

Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Please I will emphasize again very strongly. Let your argument and beliefs be based on God's word which is the standard by which all matters are judged. Thanks

God bless you Sir... I wish many will heed
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by justli: 11:59am On Jan 31, 2021
PeaceLoveJoy:

Exactly the same stand I share. Honestly, after reading points from pro post tribulation, I was dazzled since I was born into pre tribulation. I have dreamt about rapture too, 3 times to be precised, but that was a very long time ago before I was 7. Well, dreams can be a reflection of what we take in, and can be visions. Only you can tell. You just need to be more sensitive. What I know is that when one is prepared, whether pre or post, one has nothing to worry about. Though, it is good to know, but when people start laying too much emphasis on it and base their faith and fate on it, hmmmmm...they just allow the devil to score cheap goals against them. I can flow with either of the two fractions. None of them will ever give a concised answer, but I have learned from both.

For me, I do not care again. What is important is to know Christ and the power of His resurrection. Finished. Pre, post, in btw, along side, almost within, or whatever, I do not care again. It is a distraction from the real issue.

God bless you.

The church in Africa believe in rapture before tribulation, and we have held that view for decades. The concern then is what might to people's faith if the church witness the tribulation. A lot of people will lose their faith in God.

I tried talking to someone once about the need to keep an open mind and preparation for both possibilities, but instead this brother rebuked me. But regardless, we must begin to reeducate the church on this.
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by Righteousness2(m): 12:13pm On Jan 31, 2021
DSC7:

Continue in your deceit!
There is Nothing holding the Rapture of the saints!
Instead the Rapture is what is Holding the antichrist from showing up!
The Rapture can Happen at any Moment! Nothing is Holding it!
JESUS could snatch away his bride now, today, tomorrow any Moment!

Don't Deceive yourself or allow yourself to be Deceived!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by Righteousness2(m): 12:15pm On Jan 31, 2021
emmayoc:

Pray for Understanding!
Then Read the Passage you quoted to the last verse.
Also read the book of Daniel, Revelation, Jeremiah 30..

3 Likes

Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by DSC7: 12:16pm On Jan 31, 2021
emmayoc:

Please tell them. People just say things without judgement or verifying from scriptures what they are quoting. What I don't understand is people quoting things without any tangible reference

Very unfortunate many christians dont really understand the scripture.......
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by DSC7: 12:18pm On Jan 31, 2021
Righteousness2:

Continue in your deceit! There is Nothing holding the Rapture of the saints! Instead the Rapture is what is Holding the antichrist from showing up! The Rapture can Happen at any Moment! Nothing is Holding it! JESUS could snatch away his bride now, today, tomorrow any Moment! Don't Deceive yourself or allow itself to be Deceived!!
Time shall tell.......
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by Nyanabo(m): 12:32pm On Jan 31, 2021
The book of Revelation explains in clear terms that the rapture will take place before the great tribulation.

If you fail to understand the book of revelations due to how it was encoded, There is a book titled the left behind series authored and co authored by Tim LaHAye and Jenkins B.

I have the complete series both on hard cover and PDF.

2 Likes

Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by iboboyswag(m): 12:33pm On Jan 31, 2021
Christianity has become quite disgusting with men playing God and many trying to order the times set by God himself.

While it is okay to believe anything your delusional mind feeds you, it is not okay to drag others along who by their belief have become gullible, through the dregs of your delusion.

The rapture talk is becoming too much and with more portrayals, it is beginning to resemble the imaginations of demented minds. Or how else can one explain this foolery and others outside, happening within the confines of churches most of which have become glorified cult groups.

A case in point is Christ Embassy and it's band of adulterous leaders who through their inordinate selfish desire to cover a busted lie have chosen a more treacherous path of infamy with the new rapture timeline... 2030.

I would ordinarily have chosen to ignore the fallacious representation but seeing that many young members of this disturbing gathering wholesomely believe this ideas and are actively committing themselves to it at the expense of their wellbeing and growth, I have chosen to speak up.

Yes, we must speak up!

Anyone left with a sense of self, common sense and the right owes himself and loved ones the duty to speak up!

Pastor Chris of Christ Embassy is on a downward spiral and is hellbent on leading many down with him. Or what other intent can we ascribe the actions of one who used the Gregorian calendar to verbatim calculate and declare an almost exact timeline of Christ's second coming?

Sharing messages of the rapture happening within and around 10years from now and urging members to shun their earthly pursuits but to dedicate themselves to the church and spreading the gospel while they wait for Christ.

Initially I laughed it off but seeing many of these young people swallow this words and actively act on it is pretty disturbing. The continual call to arms from the altars of Christ Embassy churches across the country, words preached about how worthless earthly possessions are now that the end is near is causing many to take drastic decisions that if the world don't end within that timeline would spell doom for them.

Even more because the holy bible says no one knows the time, day or hour that this great event would occur

But what is more worrisome is the desperation of the leadership of the church to be right on it's analysis and position.
We are all witness to the Covid19 and 5G saga and how they tried all to prove what was not and now this.

What happens if the world doesn't come to an end or rapture doesn't happen with the timeline set by these people?

What happens? Would their desperation cause them to take drastic measures?

Remember Jonestown, do not forget the Ugandan Mass Suicide...

All of these had one thing in common. They had leaders who had predicted the end of the world and who had made active efforts to bring it to pass.

We have a time bomb on our hands and I would be hurt to see it go off.

While we might separate the state and church, I would urge the government to pay a closer attention to what is happening within the confines of some of these bodies. Because, some of their actions have and can have a broader effect on the nation and others of a different faith.

A video to the word on rapture

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_Yg--lJShU

The Jonestown Mass Suicide
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonestown

The Ugandan Millenium Church Mass Suicide
https://apnews.com/article/9d8d47c44558a3815f59c16169bbe0fb

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by tweakdude1: 12:34pm On Jan 31, 2021
I my self had rapture dreams 2 times this January 2021.
The truth of the whole matter is; as children of God we should not miss the first flight.

Message to all: Guide your soul.
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by engineerboat(m): 12:36pm On Jan 31, 2021
jesusjnr2020:

This is a topic that appears to be generating a lot of hot debates among Christians presently. I don't think there's much doubt about the rapture taking place, because that's generally agreed upon by Christians to be a certainty. But the bone of contention was when exactly it would take place, if before or after the great tribulation.

I must admit though that this topic is one that I'm not well informed about, because It's not been an area of interest to me. Anyone of them was good enough for me because I was made by Jesus to be prepared at all times for all kinds of situation just as the apostles.

And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately.
Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.

And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants.
And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through.
Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.

Hence i'm not really concerned if the rapture takes place before or after the great tribulation, because I'm always ready as my loins are girded about and my light is always burning as the Master had instructed. And I believe that ought to be the same for every one of His followers.

However last year I got a rapture dream for the first time in my life. That was sometime in June. Since then I have had two more and one great tribulation dream. The most recent being the rapture dream I just had a few days ago.

It gave me the impression gave that the end was very near, hence people needed to be warned about this so that they can repent and be ready for the rapture.

So although such information may not be of much significance to me, there were yet those who need to aware of such. therefore being God's servant, i was meant to warn them about what was imminent, which explains the rapture dreams I've been receiving.

And that's what I've been doing since. Although repentance has always been a key part of my message, now it's become even more urgent because it seems there's not much time left going by the timing and frequency of the endtime dreams.

For more details on those rapture and great tribulation dreams, you can go to this thread:

I must also admit though, that because of the rapture and tribulation dreams I was now more informed about the rapture than I used to be beforehand, that I intended to share my view about it. However when I realized that i was still not informed enough to give a definite position on that subject, I had to suspend my initial plans, so as not to mislead others.

Therefore it's only when i'm ready for that, i would do so, although as things stand now, I'm more inclined to the position of tribulation before rapture, and that I believe is a safer position to be in the meantime, that may yet change along the way.

But for those who are completely sure of when the rapture would take place, this is an opportunity to convince those of us who aren't if the rapture would take place before or after the great tribulation.

As I said earlier though, regardless, the most important thing is for us to be ready at all times for all possible scenarios as Jesus instructed us to be.

God bless.

Rapturr before great tribulation

In Gods calender the next programmr now is
1. The Rapture of the Saints
2. The Great Tribulation which is divided into 2 segment of 3 1/2 weeks (years)

We have rapture saints
There will be tribulation saints also

1 Like

Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by Tladybukky(f): 12:39pm On Jan 31, 2021
The great tribulations is after rapture has taken place. Read the book of revelation and also watch the mount Zion movie about the great tribulations..

Alot of mysteries will unfold after rapture has taken place.
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by engineerboat(m): 12:48pm On Jan 31, 2021
emmayoc:

Read revelation 1 to the end.

You cannot compare the troubles, pains described in matthew 24 with what will happen during the great tribulation.

Is the seal upon the world

Read your bible very well please

1 Like

Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by Roseey0(f): 12:50pm On Jan 31, 2021
Yes some people will be given the privilege to not see tribulation.

But tribulation is inevitable for most Christians. That's what tests your stance in Christ.

Go and read about the apostles and how they died before following Christ.
Your glory will be for eternity.
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by engineerboat(m): 12:51pm On Jan 31, 2021
jesusjnr2020:

God bless.

It's a mystery

Read the bible with understanding.

Don't just pick on verse of the scripture

Compare scriptures together line by line precept upon precept
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by engineerboat(m): 12:52pm On Jan 31, 2021
Roseey0:

But tribulation is inevitable for most Christians. That's what tests your stance in Christ.

Great tribulation is not meant for the saints.

Dont get confused with the word. Christian persecution is not the same as the great tribulation

True saings of God will

1 Like

Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by engineerboat(m): 12:55pm On Jan 31, 2021
Roseey0:

I hope you're not confusing this verse with great tribulation.

2 Timothy 3:12

12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

If you're doing so. Its not correct.

Persecution is different from great tribulation

Christian will experience persecution and trial but not great tribulation

1 Like

Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by donMIG(m): 12:58pm On Jan 31, 2021
Love d separate me from anything that will make me miss the rapture

God help us all to be prepared for ur coming
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by oluplus(m): 12:59pm On Jan 31, 2021
Righteousness2:

Continue in your deceit!
There is Nothing holding the Rapture of the saints!
Instead the Rapture is what is Holding the antichrist from showing up!
The Rapture can Happen at any Moment! Nothing is Holding it!
JESUS could snatch away his bride now, today, tomorrow any Moment!

Don't Deceive yourself or allow itself to be Deceived!!

Please can you give us scriptural references to back this up.

I have seen scriptures quoted here from those who believe in tribulation before rapture.
Funny enough, this was the same topic my pastor preached in church today, telling us that tribulation will happen first.

I have decided to do my own study in the next few days, but I'll like to see the scriptures you are standing on. It will help people like me.

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by MrMandilas: 1:04pm On Jan 31, 2021
engineerboat:

Read revelation 1 to the end.

You cannot compare the troubles, pains described in matthew 24 with what will happen during the great tribulation.

Is the seal upon the world

Read your bible very well please
. no. the book of Matthew states the the tribulations that will happen, has never been experienced and would never be experienced after that. except you didn't get to that verse or you didn't understand it. the words of God is not contradicted. be prepared
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by Xeedee: 1:05pm On Jan 31, 2021
Righteousness2:
Let no one Deceive or Confuse you.
The next agenda on the Time table is the Snatching away of the Saints otherwise known as The RAPTURE.
It could happen at anymoment!
Everything is Fulfilled!
Be Ready!
Live Ready!

You said everything is fulfilled. I want to ask a question. Has the Gospel been preached to all four corners of the earth? Has everyone gotten the opportunity to hear the word of God?
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 31, 2021
justli:

The church in Africa believe in rapture before tribulation, and we have held that view for decades. The concern then is what might to people's faith if the church witness the tribulation. A lot of people will lose their faith in God.

I tried talking to someone once about the need to keep an open mind and preparation for both possibilities, but instead this brother rebuked me. But regardless, we must begin to reeducate the church on this.
The threat is like "zzzzz go gaaaaa". Hell will be loosed. Bla.bla.bla. The fear of rapture and hell is the only thing almost 100% Nigerians understand. But it is wrong. The focus of christianity is salvation and love. John 3.16 - For God so loved the world......Love comes before whatever anyone thinks. Whether there is hell or not, or it is a short period lost souls will burn or everlasting torment, is not the main issue. The main issue is LOVE.

People lose their faith cos fear is the foundation of their faith. The fear of not going to hell. The fear of not making rapture. The fear of not allowing the devourer bast.ardized their wealth if they dont pay tithes, the fear of not obeying the pastor and its consequence for the rest of 11 months if they dont pay January first fruit offering, the fear of not buying the pastor a Prado SUV when they are driving a Benz, and bla bla bla bla. "God has not given us the spirit of fear.....".

When I listen to them, I pick what I want to pick and move on. This is me. I have my "free will" to decide what to do with my life. It is a gift for me, and not for anyone. So, I mind my business, and I do not go about choking down the throats of people my own truths. Jesus did not choke them down my throat, so I think it is abnormal to choke them down others' throats.

So, re-educating the church is a good strategy, and keeping a possibility of the two positions is a safer approach. After all, our salvation isn't based on the subject. So, I dont know why people take this topic to this level. Very insignificant.

But I know why? The average human is afraid. People are scared. Exactly what I wrote in my first paragraph. And the real man loves sins. So, they want to calculate the time so they can make amend at the last minutes. Lol. This is why they are desperate looking for answers. Fear is a bad thing.

As for me, any church which lays too much emphasis on these insignificant subjects is a capital NO for me. What I want to listen to are:

1. The GRACE of our Lord Jesus Christ
2. The LOVE of God, and
3. The FELLOWSHIP of the Holy Spirit
4. Which should REST with us now and forever more. HOW?

Any strong emphasis outside these 4 strong points above, I kick the rubbish away. After reading, watching, or listening to the subjects and I said OK, and they are being choked down my throat, I kick them off like I have not learned anything, but deep inside, I have learned, and I have moved on.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Affair With Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Of COZA – Ese Walter / Keys To Experiencing God's Wonders Through Praise. / But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.