Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:48 PM

The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? (10841 Views)

Events Of The Great Tribulation / Will Great Tribulation Take Place Before The Rapture? / The Rapture Will Not Happen Until Christians Have Faced The Great Tribulation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 31, 2021
SonOfTheRisingS:
Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.
Hebrews 4:12 says, “For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.”

The sword referred here is consistent with the word of God, sell your garment to get it

Ask yourself why a supposed word of God is said to be directly sharper to a physical weapon.

God sees his word as a spiritual weapon while you see it as aka 47

Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by Crunchyg3: 1:09pm On Jan 31, 2021
It is not even before or after but will happen during the great tribulation .
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by arantess: 1:10pm On Jan 31, 2021
DSC7:

You are the one that have not taken time to understand the Bible.......

Jesus is coming very soon(Rature) but not now bro xcept if death does not permit you(us) to witness it.....There are still many events yet to be witnessed.....Read the book of matthew and Revelation to understand better......

Las Las Watch and Pray always for even Jesus or the Angels dont know when the hour will be Except God Almighty....
I'm surprised
For all the messages he throws around on nairaland, he doesn't even have a grasp of endtime sequence of events...anyways I have passed my message, person wey blind that one na him own
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by arantess: 1:11pm On Jan 31, 2021
Crunchyg3:
It is not even before or after but will happen during the great tribulation .
In the middle of the week, yes
That's why Jesus said if those days are not shortened, the elect will not make it
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by Righteousness2(m): 1:13pm On Jan 31, 2021
oluplus:

Please can you give us scriptural references to back this up.

I have seen scriptures quoted here from those who believe in tribulation before rapture.
Funny enough, this was the same topic my pastor preached in church today, telling us that tribulation will happen first.

I have decided to do my own study in the next few days, but I'll like to see the scriptures you are standing on. It will help people like me.

Thank you

I Have by God's Grace put out that various times.
This is a 2 Part Series of one of such!
Most Important is for you to Prayerfully read your Bible and ask GOD for Understanding of His Word..

https://www.nairaland.com/5774034/church-go-through-tribulation-part

https://www.nairaland.com/5775158/church-go-through-great-tribulation

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by cypressG: 1:28pm On Jan 31, 2021
It's quite unfortunate that teachings on the end times have been neglected for so long by church leaders. This has made a lot of believers to wallow in ignorance with regards to the sequence of events that make up the end times.
From scriptures, it is quite evident that the Great Tribulation precedes the rapture of God's chosen ones, yet for lack of study of God's word and the great deception of false teachings, believers have been blinded to the truth.
There are lots of scriptures that point to a post-tribulation rapture but I would refer readers here to just two passages.
In Matthew 24, Jesus himself gave a sequential order of the unprecedented events that await this generation. In verses 29-31 of that same chapter, He then said that immediately after the tribulation of those days, then shall the Son of Man appear in the clouds and with a blast of the last trump, he will send his angels to gather his elects from the four corners of the earth.
The second scripture is found in 2Thessalonians 2:1-3. In it, the apostle Paul explicitly answered the query of the Thessalonica believers who wanted to know what time the coming of Christ was and when believers would be gathered to be with him. Paul clearly stated that two events must happen first:
1. There would be a great apostasy or backsliding of believers
2. The man of sin (the antichrist) would be revealed who Christ would destroy at his coming.

Kindly go through the above passages, together with Revelations 13 & 19 using contemporary translations and this whole timing of the rapture would be made clear.

Believers would be on earth to experience the Great Tribulation. Jesus clearly stated that those that endure to the end shall be saved.

One of the greatest fallacy of the pre- tribulation rapture is the teaching that believers who fail to make the rapture will pay with their blood. This teaching is never found in any passage of scripture. Rather Revelations 12:11 says the believers overcame the dragon by the blood of the lamb and by the words of their testimony and THEY LOVED NOT THEIR LIVES EVEN UNTO DEATH.

Please don't fall for the devil's deception by believing in a pre-tribulation rapture. Believers are about to face intense persecutions like it has never been seen before. Jesus said in Matthew 24 that if those days were not shortened, none would be saved. But because of the elects, the days would be shortened. Revelations 13 also admonished believers to be patient and endure persecution by imprisonment or death by the sword and never to receive the antichrist's mark.

God bless.
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by Crunchyg3: 1:30pm On Jan 31, 2021
arantess:

That's why Jesus said if those days are not shortened, the elect will not make it
Yea, you got it right with the shortened days but I didn't get what you meant by "in the middle of the week". Because it's not going to be a week thing
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by Crunchyg3: 1:34pm On Jan 31, 2021
Righteousness2:

Most Important is for you to Prayerfully read your Bible and ask GOD for Understanding of His Word..

Please avoid those stuff he wrote on those threads, they are missleading. The Bible made it clear in different passages that great tribulation will start before rapture but this righteousness2 guy is mixing things up, thinking that great tribulation is all about God's wrath but there are two different sufferings during the great tribulation.
During the great tributions, there will be two types of sufferings.

1. Believers Suffering: This is the suffering that the believers will suffer in those times from the hand of the Anti-christ , which will be cut short and the believer will be snatched to heaven (rapture) according to the book of Revelations

2. Unbelievers Suffering: This is the suffering that the unbelievers will suffer in those time from the hand of God known as (God's Wrath). People should know the difference and stop seeing the two as the same. And that's the key problem with all these confusion and fear that some believers have

3 Likes

Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by iboboyswag(m): 1:44pm On Jan 31, 2021
cypressG:
It's quite unfortunate that teachings on the end times have been neglected for so long by church leaders. This has made a lot of believers to wallow in ignorance with regards to the sequence of events that make up the end times.
From scriptures, it is quite evident that the Great Tribulation precedes the rapture of God's chosen ones, yet for lack of study of God's word and the great deception of false teachings, believers have been blinded to the truth.
There are lots of scriptures that point to a post-tribulation rapture but I would refer readers here to just two passages.
In Matthew 24, Jesus himself gave a sequential order of the unprecedented events that await this generation. In verses 29-31 of that same chapter, He then said that immediately after the tribulation of those days, then shall the Son of Man appear in the clouds and with a blast of the last trump, he will send his angels to gather his elects from the four corners of the earth.
The second scripture is found in 2Thessalonians 2:1-3. In it, the apostle Paul explicitly answered the query of the Thessalonica believers who wanted to know what time the coming of Christ was and when believers would be gathered to be with him. Paul clearly stated that two events must happen first:
1. There would be a great apostasy or backsliding of believers
2. The man of sin (the antichrist) would be revealed who Christ would destroy at his coming.

Kindly go through the above passages, together with Revelations 13 & 19 using contemporary translations and this whole timing of the rapture would be made clear.

Believers would be on earth to experience the Great Tribulation. Jesus clearly stated that those that endure to the end shall be saved.

One of the greatest fallacy of the pre- tribulation rapture is the teaching that believers who fail to make the rapture will pay with their blood. This teaching is never found in any passage of scripture. Rather Revelations 12:11 says the believers overcame the dragon by the blood of the lamb and by the words of their testimony and THEY LOVED NOT THEIR LIVES EVEN UNTO DEATH.

Please don't fall for the devil's deception by believing in a pre-tribulation rapture. Believers are about to face intense persecutions like it has never been seen before. Jesus said in Matthew 24 that if those days were not shortened, none would be saved. But because of the elects, the days would be shortened. Revelations 13 also admonished believers to be patient and endure persecution by imprisonment or death by the sword and never to receive the antichrist's mark.

God bless.

So the world would not end in 2030 again abi?
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by Geesaintagape: 1:50pm On Jan 31, 2021
Everyone wants to be raptured but no one wants to lead a holy life
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by Crunchyg3: 1:50pm On Jan 31, 2021
Ziel20:
On the rapture, I strongly believe its gonna be before the great tribulation.

Some people get confused though because the bible mentioned saints whose blood cried for justice.

Let me point something out. At the time of the rapture, there will be believers who did not ready themselves. Who will be left behind.

Now when the tribulation starts, people will be forced to receive a mark. Some of these believers who are left behind will strongly oppose that in such a way that many will pay for their redemption with their own blood.

They will rather die than take the mark. Taking the mark means that their is no more redemption for you but everlasting damnation.
Oga, I will advise you to go and read the whole of revelation and know better, there is nothing like anybody using their blood to pay for their sin. The blood of Jesus is the only acceptable blood God accepts for the remission of Sin. No other blood is qualified. Forget what you saw in movies , books etc and study the Bible for yourself

1 Like

Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by Crunchyg3: 2:01pm On Jan 31, 2021
BrosTem:
The elect of God will not go through The great Tribulation. It is the Jews that'll pass thru The great Tribulation becos it is a cleansing time for them; and that is also when the gospel of Jesus Christ will be preached to them.

Also note that just before the Antichrist will be manifested, the rapture will take place...the elect will not witness the last 3¹/² years of the Antichrist reign (which is also the period of the Great Tribulation).

The period of The Great Tribulation is between the Jews, the Antichrist and the People of the Antichrist.
So will there be a second rapture that will happen for the Israelites that you are talking about after other Christians has been raptured before the tribulation

1 Like

Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by emmayoc: 2:02pm On Jan 31, 2021
Righteousness2:

Pray for Understanding!
Then Read the Passage you quoted to the last verse.
Also read the book of Daniel, Revelation, Jeremiah 30..

My brother, no issues. Please I only want you to quote one scripture, I mean just one even from the book of Daniel u said to proof your claim. I have proven to you from scriptures. Proof yours. The Bible is our standard for judgement
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by Crunchyg3: 2:03pm On Jan 31, 2021
staga:
I used to think rapture would occur before the tribulation, but I am starting to have doubts about this. Most likely, the tribulation would meet us here and we would be taken in the midst of it.
Exactly, that's what the Bible says. Don't mind any other opinion other than this
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by MacMkboy(m): 2:13pm On Jan 31, 2021
DSC7:

You are the one that have not taken time to understand the Bible.......

Jesus is coming very soon(Rature) but not now bro xcept if death does not permit you(us) to witness it.....There are still many events yet to be witnessed.....Read the book of matthew and Revelation to understand better......

Las Las Watch and Pray always for even Jesus or the Angels dont know when the hour will be Except God Almighty....
Jesus knows when He's coming. That's why He's letting His people know through dreams, visions, revelations etc
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by MacMkboy(m): 2:14pm On Jan 31, 2021
Crunchyg3:

So will there be a second rapture that will happen for the Israelites that you are talking about after other Christians has been raptured before the tribulation

��� grin grin grin
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by MacMkboy(m): 2:29pm On Jan 31, 2021
isan:
If rapture is not a scam why are Nigerian pastors buying properties and storing billions in bank and also threaten their members if they refuse to pay tithe? They don't know when rapture will come right? Are they not supposed to live like rapture will come tomorrow? Why gathered all the wealth when rapture will destroy everything anyway ? Or are they just threaten people with rapture just for money ?

Many are called, but few are chosen. A lot have forsaken their calling, having loved the things of this world. Moreover, these are all signs of the last days. (Men shall be lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God)
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by Crunchyg3: 2:35pm On Jan 31, 2021
oluplus:

Please can you give us scriptural references to back this up.

I have seen scriptures quoted here from those who believe in tribulation before rapture.
Funny enough, this was the same topic my pastor preached in church today, telling us that tribulation will happen first.

I have decided to do my own study in the next few days, but I'll like to see the scriptures you are standing on. It will help people like me.

Thank you
Please avoid those stuff he wrote on those threads, they are missleading. The Bible made it clear in different passages that great tribulation will start before rapture but this righteousness2 guy is mixing things up, thinking that great tribulation is all about God's wrath but there are two different sufferings during the great tribulation.

1. Believers Suffering: This is the suffering that the believers will suffer in those times from the hand of the Anti-christ , which will be cut short and the believer will be snatched to heaven (rapture) according to the book of Revelations

2. Unbelievers Suffering: This is the suffering that the unbelievers will suffer in those time from the hand of God known as (God's Wrath). People should know the difference and stop seeing the two as the same. And that's the key problem with all these confusion and fear that some believers have
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by sammysmiles(m): 2:35pm On Jan 31, 2021
Righteousness2:

Hello sir,,, I have some questions pertaining the christendom... May I ask?
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by obonujoker(m): 2:37pm On Jan 31, 2021
Nyanabo:
The book of Revelation explains in clear terms that the rapture will take place before the great tribulation.

If you fail to understand the book of revelations due to how it was encoded, There is a book titled the left behind series authored and co authored by Tim LaHAye and Jenkins B.

I have the complete series both on hard cover and PDF.

Lol... Where did Revelations specify that?? John Darby teaching has eaten deep....
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by obonujoker(m): 2:41pm On Jan 31, 2021
engineerboat:

Rapturr before great tribulation

In Gods calender the next programmr now is
1. The Rapture of the Saints
2. The Great Tribulation which is divided into 2 segment of 3 1/2 weeks (years)

We have rapture saints
There will be tribulation saints also

Show us where in the Bible there is rapture saints and tribulation saints??

Or did Jesus, Daniel, John the Beloved, or even the angels lie??

See what the angels in Acts chapter 1 said about Jesus coming....

Acts 1:10-11
And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

So has Jesus come already that we don't know, or will he come two times?
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by obonujoker(m): 2:42pm On Jan 31, 2021
Tladybukky:
The great tribulations is after rapture has taken place. Read the book of revelation and also watch the mount Zion movie about the great tribulations..

Alot of mysteries will unfold after rapture has taken place.

Stop watching movies... Read the Bible... Except movies are more important than what Jesus said?

Read Revelation chapter 6-8... Please, and tell what you understand..
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by obonujoker(m): 2:44pm On Jan 31, 2021
engineerboat:

Read revelation 1 to the end.

You cannot compare the troubles, pains described in matthew 24 with what will happen during the great tribulation.

Is the seal upon the world

Read your bible very well please

Engineer....there is a difference between the persecution of the Antichrist, and the wrath of God.

When the Antichrist comes, Christians will be around. The Antichrist comes with deception first, before tribulation

When God begins to punish those on Earth, Christians won't be here.... Many would have been matyred, but would be resurrected at the rapture with those still alive...
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by obonujoker(m): 2:51pm On Jan 31, 2021
Crunchyg3:

Yes righteousness2 is mixing a lot of things up, and it's painful to see considering his stance of ecumenical activities and revival, however I'm not entirely surprised, as he believed he would have been raptured if Trump was not president this year.

Many Christians confuse the great persecution of the Antichrist with the wrath of God (the seven trumpets)....

The rapture is to remove God's chosen ones on Earth, before the wrath of God falls on it.
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by DSC7: 3:01pm On Jan 31, 2021
MacMkboy:

Jesus knows when He's coming. That's why He's letting His people know through dreams, visions, revelations etc

Gv the Biblical reference where Jesus said he knows when he is coming.........
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jan 31, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation?

This is a topic that appears to be generating a lot of hot debates among Christians presently. I don't think there's much doubt about the rapture taking place, because that's generally agreed upon by Christians to be a certainty. But the bone of contention was when exactly it would take place, if before or after the great tribulation.

I must admit though that this topic is one that I'm not well informed about, because It's not been an area of interest to me. Anyone of them was good enough for me because I was made by Jesus to be prepared at all times for all kinds of situation just as the apostles.

Luke 12:35-40 (KJV)

Let your loins be girded about, and your lights burning;
And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately.
Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.

And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants.
And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through.
Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.

Hence i'm not really concerned if the rapture takes place before or after the great tribulation, because I'm always ready as my loins are girded about and my light is always burning as the Master had instructed. And I believe that ought to be the same for every one of His followers.

However last year I got a rapture dream for the first time in my life. That was sometime in June. Since then I have had two more and one great tribulation dream. The most recent being the rapture dream I just had a few days ago.

It gave me the impression gave that the end was very near, hence people needed to be warned about this so that they can repent and be ready for the rapture.

So although such information may not be of much significance to me, there were yet those who need to aware of such. therefore being God's servant, i was meant to warn them about what was imminent, which explains the rapture dreams I've been receiving.

And that's what I've been doing since. Although repentance has always been a key part of my message, now it's become even more urgent because it seems there's not much time left going by the timing and frequency of the endtime dreams.

For more details on those rapture and great tribulation dreams, you can go to this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/6386851/just-woke-up-third-rapture#98508258

I must also admit though, that because of the rapture and tribulation dreams I was now more informed about the rapture than I used to be beforehand, that I intended to share my view about it. However when I realized that i was still not informed enough to give a definite position on that subject, I had to suspend my initial plans, so as not to mislead others.

Therefore it's only when i'm ready for that, i would do so, although as things stand now, I'm more inclined to the position of tribulation before rapture, and that I believe is a safer position to be in the meantime, that may yet change along the way.

But for those who are completely sure of when the rapture would take place, this is an opportunity to convince those of us who aren't if the rapture would take place before or after the great tribulation.

As I said earlier though, regardless, the most important thing is for us to be ready at all times for all possible scenarios as Jesus instructed us to be.

God bless.

Rapture is a popular fake news.

1 Like

Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by sonmvayina(m): 3:18pm On Jan 31, 2021
arantess:

This cracks me up..

Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by bobestman(m): 3:27pm On Jan 31, 2021
Christians think dey know it all but have never researched to know how all religion was set up cos the Messiah is not into any religion. Him and his disciples never attended any temple or church. They hide from house to house to do their fellowship for fear of the Jews and Romans. Everything they do was in secret unlike what the Romans gave you today. You think the it's by dreams and visions you see? Their are apparition responsible for all those things and the spirit behind them will be bound one day for you to see them all. The messages you preach in your churches are not the true message of the Messiah. The true one will be preached even in the tribulation to warn all before the destruction starts

The Messenger must first return to his TEMPLE. The first people he will first purify are the sons of Levi, the Levites

Malachi 3: 1-3

1 Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.

2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:

3 And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness.

The EVERLASTING message must be preached even in the tribulation to ALL who dwell on earth. It's the message of reconciliation and warning to ALL. It's not what your pastors are preaching in Church today. Everyone must listen to that message and believe or perish even in the tribulation and it will be preached by selected few by the power of the spirit.

Revelation 14:6

6 And I saw another angel(A messenger or Witness)fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

There is also that of the FISHER and Hunters. The Fishers will go by the power of the spirit to fish out men from all corners of the earth while the HUNTERS after the message will hunt them. Our creator will first correct us before He deal with the disobedient ones among us. It's call the time of Correction cos many things we read even in the Bible our enemies corrupted a long time ago. We all are in error and the Messiah must correct and reproof us

Many of you have not heard about Christ coming to his TEMPLE first, purification of the levites so they can offer a righteous offering and the preaching of the everlasting message but you want to fly to the sky. If you think the laws and commandments will be abolished in the kingdom, you are a thief cos Christ himself is the law and the giver of it. If you abolish it, you abolish him. Ppl have seen the sketch for the temple and it will soon be under construction. You guys won't see that but Rapture and Hell
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by ajensly1987(m): 3:28pm On Jan 31, 2021
The rapture (15) before the great tribulation (17)

Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by obonujoker(m): 3:44pm On Jan 31, 2021
ajensly1987:
The rapture (15) before the great tribulation (17)

Can you explain what events will happen at the great tribulation?
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by ajensly1987(m): 3:51pm On Jan 31, 2021
[quote author=Righteousness2 post=98605662]

[i]I Have by God's Grace put out that various times.

It is very clear in the 22 Bible doctrines. Number 15 is the rapture while 17 is the great tribulation

Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by Maycash89(m): 4:01pm On Jan 31, 2021
zang:
Dear God at the last day, let me march in with the saints
The dream you are having means the end of the age(Church as a program of grace),We are in the new age(Church as a program of truth)which is the clothation of the inwardman,because there's body that survive in the Kingdom of God, the same body which the Lord Jesus resurrect with,that's the body which the Apostle cried for(2 Cor 5:1-3)as far as this time is concern every man today is naked,meaning no man has received the building of God(Church of God)according to the Lord's prayer, the will of God must established here on earth,before the kingdom come,in creation man was a host of heaven,an extension of heaven on earth,but after the fall of man through Adam,man become a house to other demonic entities,but today every man must be built Hebrew 8:7-12

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Keys To Experiencing God's Wonders Through Praise. / But Where Sin Abounded, Grace Abounded Much More - Olamide Obire / Religious Section Amazes Me!!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.