Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,816 members, 7,798,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:44 AM

Solomon Did Not Become The Wealthiest Man On Earth By Praying. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Solomon Did Not Become The Wealthiest Man On Earth By Praying. (208 Views)

Trust, Humility & Sacrifice - The Secrets Of The Wealthiest Men In The Bible / Study Shows That Christians Are The Wealthiest Religious Group In The World / Pastor Chukwuemeka Ohanaemere Slams Man On The Ground For Deliverance (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Solomon Did Not Become The Wealthiest Man On Earth By Praying. by uchkochi(m): 5:54am On Jan 31, 2021
Solomon did not become the wealthiest man on earth by praying. He became so by giving. The devil can allow you pray because even prayers can be hindered like that of Daniel. But giving can never be hindered. This month must  end with unstoppable laughter for you and family.

1 Like

Re: Solomon Did Not Become The Wealthiest Man On Earth By Praying. by Kobojunkie: 6:21am On Jan 31, 2021
uchkochi:
Solomon did not become the wealthiest man on earth by praying. He became so by giving. The devil can allow you pray because even prayers can be hindered like that of Daniel. But giving can never be hindered. This month must  end with unstoppable laughter for you and family.
Where do you get that Solomon's wealth was a result of his giving though? undecided

Solomon, was the son of a king so how did he give, in the way you term it? undecided

1 Like

Re: Solomon Did Not Become The Wealthiest Man On Earth By Praying. by yinkus6750(m): 6:26am On Jan 31, 2021
Yes, very correct.
He gave thousands in sacrificial burnt offering and got Gods blessings to prosper and have wisdom and knowledge.
Re: Solomon Did Not Become The Wealthiest Man On Earth By Praying. by AntiChristian: 6:34am On Jan 31, 2021
Solomon ke?

300 + 700.... lipsrsealed
Re: Solomon Did Not Become The Wealthiest Man On Earth By Praying. by ayenale1(m): 6:41am On Jan 31, 2021
yinkus6750:
Yes, very correct.
He gave thousands in sacrificial burnt offering and got Gods blessings to prosper and have wisdom and knowledge.

In other words, he gave God his dues in terms of burnt offerings not paying tithes, not donations, not buying horses for tabernacles unlike what we know as giving today...and i presume the way you hammer on that your GIVING you at talking in terms money money money giving to pastors...give pastors all your hard earned monies my brother the poverty that will rock you ehn it will pass church rat...give God his praises and he will remove the p and raise you, shalom.
Re: Solomon Did Not Become The Wealthiest Man On Earth By Praying. by Kobojunkie: 6:45am On Jan 31, 2021
yinkus6750:
Yes, very correct.
Huh? He "gave" thousands of sacrificial burnt offerings to God? undecided

This your understanding of giving get serious k-legundecided

Just in case you did not know it before now, the burnt offerings that were made to God we're not "gifts" to God but instead offerings that God Himself required of His people and their kings. God read the book of Exodus, Levitucus, Numbers and Deuteronomy at least to gain a basic understanding of God's laws and sacrificial laws. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Solomon Did Not Become The Wealthiest Man On Earth By Praying. by BassReeves: 7:20am On Jan 31, 2021
uchkochi:
[s]Solomon did not become the wealthiest man on earth by praying. He became so by giving.[/s] The devil can allow you pray because even prayers can be hindered like that of Daniel. But giving can never be hindered. This month must  end with unstoppable laughter for you and family.

Kobojunkie:
Where do you get that Solomon's wealth was a result of his giving though? undecided
Solomon, was the son of a king so how did he give, in the way you term it? undecided

yinkus6750:
[s]Yes, very correct.
He gave thousands in sacrificial burnt offering and got Gods blessings to prosper and have wisdom and knowledge.[/s]

Kobojunkie:
Huh? He "gave" thousands of sacrificial burnt offerings to God? undecided

This your understanding of giving get serious k-legundecided

Just in case you did not know it before now, the burnt offerings that were made to God we're not "gifts" to God but instead offerings that God Himself required of His people and their kings. God read the book of Exodus, Levitucus, Numbers and Deuteronomy at least to gain a basic understanding of God's laws and sacrificial laws. lipsrsealed
2 Chronicles 1:6-12
"6There in front of the Tabernacle, Solomon went up to the bronze altar in the LORD’s presence and sacrificed 1,000 burnt offerings on it.
7That night God appeared to Solomon and said, “What do you want? Ask, and I will give it to you!”
8Solomon replied to God, “You showed great and faithful love to David, my father, and now you have made me king in his place.
9O LORD God, please continue to keep your promise to David my father, for you have made me king over a people as numerous as the dust of the earth!
10Give me the wisdom and knowledge to lead them properly, for who could possibly govern this great people of yours?”
11God said to Solomon, “Because your greatest desire is to help your people, and you did not ask for wealth, riches, fame,
or even the death of your enemies or a long life, but rather you asked for
wisdom and knowledge to properly govern my people

12I will certainly give you the wisdom and knowledge you requested.
But I will also give you wealth, riches, and fame such as no other king has had before you or will ever have in the future!”

1 Kings 3:10-13
"10The Lord was pleased that Solomon had asked for wisdom.
11So God replied, “Because you have asked for wisdom in governing my people with justice and have not asked for a long life or wealth or the death of your enemies—
12I will give you what you asked for! I will give you a wise and understanding heart such as no one else has had or ever will have!
13And I will also give you what you did not ask for—riches and fame!

No other king in all the world will be compared to you for the rest of your life!"

Solomon, to start with, was already a wealthy man, but did become wealthier and even came to be the wealthiest man on earth then, on the backdrop of prayer, that he prayed about asking to have clarity of his purpose for being the king over God's people.

So in that prayer, Solomon, asked for understanding so that he can do what is right for the Israelites, he desired to have a strong sense of purpose that will fuel his motivation to have wisdom in governing the Israelites within the purview of justice.

(1) (Reply)

Stop Begging God For What Is Your Right. Just Demand It. / Men Do Not Despise A Thief If He Stole To Satisfy His Starvation Proverbs 6:30 / Is Jesus Christ The Son Of God Or God Almighty Himself?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.