Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,240 members, 7,807,811 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:42 PM

5 Reasons Why No Ethnic Group Love Themselves More Than Igbos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Reasons Why No Ethnic Group Love Themselves More Than Igbos (1222 Views)

Benjamin Hundeyin: The Crisis At Alaba Market Had No Ethnic Correlation / Herdsmen: No Ethnic Group Should Lord Over Others - Gbajabiamila / Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Why No Ethnic Group Love Themselves More Than Igbos by BastardWike: 8:28am On Jan 31, 2021
A lot of propaganda and fallacies have been regurgitated about Igbos not loving themselves but nothing has been farther from the truth than this. Igbos love themselves and will go the extra mile to ensure there people are protected and catered for. Igbos just like the Jews always look out for each other.

Here are the 5 reasons why Igbos love themselves against contrary opinion being passed around by unscrupulous elements.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why No Ethnic Group Love Themselves More Than Igbos by BastardWike: 8:29am On Jan 31, 2021
1. Igbo Apprenticeship Program.

Igbos have successfully run one of the most impactful and excellent business model that have helped to spread wealth among the people. The Igba-boy program is a home grown economic model whereby an established businessman will go to the village and pick an indigent person from the community who will serve him for a number of years, usually 5-7 years, enabling him to learn everything about the business and after that he will settle him by giving him seed money to establish his own business (it is also mostly in the same line with his former boss). This seed money can run into millions or at least hundred of thousands. This was how many of the rich businessmen today in Igboland started.

This system has been extremely successful that Harvard University had to study it at some point. No other tribe in Nigeria or even Africa are known to have this program.

2. Igbo Scholarship System

Schools arrived relatively late in Igboland but despite that, Igbos were able to not only close the gap but also overtook others in Nigeria in the 1930's in what the famous author, Chinua Achebe termed as "one fantastic burst of energy". What many did not know was the secret. Virtually all communities in Igboland established a scholarship system where only the most intelligent children will be sponsored to receive education regardless of his family background. Many of the first generation trained doctors, lawyers, architects, engineers etc. in Igboland emerged through this system.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why No Ethnic Group Love Themselves More Than Igbos by BastardWike: 8:29am On Jan 31, 2021
3. Igbo Town Union System

Just like the Jews that are found all over Europe and America despite being originally from the Middle East, Igbos are also well traveled globally. Their outward movement began during the colonial era when they moved mostly northwards to provide auxiliary services to the colonialists. Despite these mass movements, they never forgot their homeland. In other to integrate among themselves and also help their people back home, they formed Igbo Town Unions in all the towns they settled. These town unions became a powerful tool in giving them a voice but also in helping to build social amenities like schools and hospitals back home in the East.

4. Igbo Onyeaghala Nwanne Ya (Don't Leave Your Brother) Way Of Life

Many Nigerians often wonder in their closets how Igbos were able to dominate certain business sectors in Nigeria. However, what they don't know is that it was due to this Onyeaghala Nwanne Ya spirit. Back then, even till now (though at a lesser degree), once Igbos discover an opportunity or a business line that was profitable, they won't want to have it only to themselves but would rather informing their people to come and join them (the Hausas also practice this too). That was how Igbos dominated many sectors and with the Igba-boy program, they passed it across the generations.

5. Igbo Echezola Ebe Ishi (Don't Forget Where You Come From) Mentality

No matter how far the Igbo man travels, he never forgets his homeland. During the slave trade era, an Igbo man by name Olaudah Equano who was taken to America still remembered Igboland with nostalgia. Today, Igbos outside Nigeria are now in their millions, from Cameroun to China, Congo to United States, Madagascar to Australia you will see Igbos in their large numbers but one thing about them is that they never forget where they come from. Nigeria is currently among the world's highest receivers of remmitances and Igbos are partly responsible for that feat. Only countries like China, India, Mexico and Philippines are doing better in terms of total worth of remmitances in billions of dollars! Even in those countries, Igbos always gather to discuss about their homeland. A friend of mine in the United States recently told me that in their last meeting, the issue of fulani herdsmen terrorism and how to protect their homeland back in Nigeria was their topic. If this is not love, then I wonder what is. People wonder how ESN volunteers are funded, armed and trained because to run such successfully will definitely require huge sums of money. Also, it is common place to see our diaspora population building schools, hospitals, Civic centers etc. in Igboland. They also support families and community members in Nigeria, organize outreach programs where they would return to Igboland to provide free medical services. Even within Nigeria, it is love for the homeland that will make Igbos to travel from all over Nigeria to their villages despite the bad roads and expensive transport fares.

So when I hear some uninformed people claim that Igbos don't love themselves, I only laugh at their ignorance.

6 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why No Ethnic Group Love Themselves More Than Igbos by Sammy07: 8:29am On Jan 31, 2021
Don't massage your Ego too much.
No southerner tribes loves themselves as much as those guys in the North.

If I'm lying.
If a southerner and a northerner are both the MDs of a company.
Let a northerner apply for the job from his northern MD and a southerner apply for the job from his fellow southerner MD.

Who do you think will get the job first?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why No Ethnic Group Love Themselves More Than Igbos by triple996(m): 9:25am On Jan 31, 2021
Well that is how it's supposed to be
Re: 5 Reasons Why No Ethnic Group Love Themselves More Than Igbos by GuyWise101(m): 9:25am On Jan 31, 2021
[s]
Sammy07:
If I'm lying.
Let a northerner apply for the job from his northern MD and a southerner apply for the job from his fellow southerner MD.
[/s]
Nna mehnnnnnnnnnn

Why can't you mind your business and allow him massage his ego in peace?

Why are you yorubas always unsettled when the word 'Igbo' is seen even when the op hadn't finished the post... smh

5 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why No Ethnic Group Love Themselves More Than Igbos by triple996(m): 9:27am On Jan 31, 2021
Sammy07:

If I'm lying.

grin grin grin so is it a crime to help one another. D average hausa man always thinks about his brother, the yorubas to some extent while igbos do it the opposite way completly.it do or die, grin get rich on your own or die trying.
But let me allow my Igbo brothers to massage their ego today(it's Sunday), I won't say anything to spoil d thrend cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why No Ethnic Group Love Themselves More Than Igbos by Sammy07: 9:28am On Jan 31, 2021
GuyWise101:
[s][/s]
Nna mehnnnnnnnnnn

Why can't you mind your business and allow massage his ego in peace?

Why are you yorubas always unsettled when the word 'Igbo' is seen even when the op hadn't finished the post... smh

Likewise you guys always cum on top Yoruba post

50/50

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why No Ethnic Group Love Themselves More Than Igbos by Sammy07: 9:33am On Jan 31, 2021
triple996:

grin grin grin so is it a crime to help one another. D average hausa man always thinks about his brother, the yorubas to some extent while igbos do it the opposite way completly.it do or die, grin get rich on your own or die trying.
But let me allow my Igbo brothers to massage their ego today(it's Sunday), I won't say anything to spoil d thrend cheesy

grin

They're now playing the victim card.
If this post is about Yoruba.
I know how they'll all jump on the thread like a girl jumping on a dick.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why No Ethnic Group Love Themselves More Than Igbos by GuyWise101(m): 9:33am On Jan 31, 2021
Nna mehnnnnnnnnnn

This is very true especially the 'Igba boy'.

One man from our village took me to one of the African countries in 2014, I went with nothing not even #20 but here in 2021 I am a millioniare with over 5m in my account.

Igbo huru onwe ha na anya, Igbo amaka.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why No Ethnic Group Love Themselves More Than Igbos by stev120(m): 9:52am On Jan 31, 2021
Sammy07:

If I'm lying.

There are many billionaires and rich politicians in the north. in fact the north produced Africa richest man yet there are more extreme poor people, some almajeri and also high rate of beggars compare to the south...How much have their billionaira done? Settle this gap.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why No Ethnic Group Love Themselves More Than Igbos by mightyhazell: 10:13am On Jan 31, 2021
Igba boyi is an all time masterstroke that even Asians and Americans are studying till date.. alot of igbo youths i know who graduated from University but found no grip, served a master ( or even childhood friends who entered the biz line earlier and made fortune) for as little a time as 6 to 12 months,learnt the trade,brought their education to bear and then set it off.. lots of them are living quite comfortably..

Yours truly have set up well over 20 youths thru this scheme

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why No Ethnic Group Love Themselves More Than Igbos by mightyhazell: 10:18am On Jan 31, 2021
Sammy07:

If I'm lying.

lol,. the northerner may already have the mindset that he can do any kind of malpractice without much consequence..a situation that may cost the southern MD alot..

moreover its easier to do saraka (give away ) with public money (property) .... than with a hard earned one.. lets compare based on personally aquired wealth/ possession

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why No Ethnic Group Love Themselves More Than Igbos by engrchykae(m): 10:23am On Jan 31, 2021
Sammy07:

If I'm lying.

is that why the caliphate made the children of the hausas almajiris?
Is that why armadu bello hated awolowo when awolowo wanted to give free education to the north?
Is that why the northern governors said that GEJ's almajiri schools are "unsustainable"?
Is that why kwankwaso boasted to GEJ"we voted you out with the almajiris"?

Is that why bandits are ravaging the north?
Maybe love means another thing in the North

5 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why No Ethnic Group Love Themselves More Than Igbos by engrchykae(m): 10:30am On Jan 31, 2021
triple996:

igbos care about merits,who can do the job not who is my brother.
That's why igbos prosper in business,you that is employing people because their only qualifications is that they spoke your language,this is how you ran down many businesses (govt owned)
That's why no government businesses is thriving
That's why fulani igp won't arrest criminal fulani herdsman.
That's why Boko Haram won't stop
That's why bandits are paid.
Igbos are too advanced to be compatriots with people like you.
It's actually a honor for you to share a country with the Igbo for now,in time, people will say,igbos used to be part of Nigeria.
That was when Nigeria was Nigeria

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why No Ethnic Group Love Themselves More Than Igbos by helinues: 10:55am On Jan 31, 2021
grin grin

Delusional grandeur

Give that title to Hausa/Fulani... They always speak with one voice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why No Ethnic Group Love Themselves More Than Igbos by helinues: 10:58am On Jan 31, 2021
embarassed
Re: 5 Reasons Why No Ethnic Group Love Themselves More Than Igbos by Ahamefuna0001(m): 12:25pm On Jan 31, 2021
This is nothing but the truth, An Igbo man helped me attain this height in life after my NYSC when all hopes was lost and I swore to help other Igbos too. Chukwu gozie Ndi Igbo nile

6 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why No Ethnic Group Love Themselves More Than Igbos by Ahamefuna0001(m): 12:28pm On Jan 31, 2021
y
Re: 5 Reasons Why No Ethnic Group Love Themselves More Than Igbos by aribisala0(m): 12:30pm On Jan 31, 2021
Another day another chest beating thread from the inferiority complex troubled folk

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why No Ethnic Group Love Themselves More Than Igbos by IamWonderful: 1:06pm On Jan 31, 2021
engrchykae:
igbos care about merits,who can do the job not who is my brother.
That's why igbos prosper in business,you that is employing people because their only qualifications is that they spoke your language,this is how you ran down many businesses (govt owned)
That's why no government businesses is thriving
That's why fulani igp won't arrest criminal fulani herdsman.
That's why Boko Haram won't stop
That's why bandits are paid.
Igbos are too advanced to be compatriots with people like you.
It's actually a honor for you to share a country with the Igbo for now,in time, people will say,igbos used to be part of Nigeria.
That was when Nigeria was Nigeria
Prosper in business like of 20 out 21 arrested drug traffickers are from Anambra, like Wikipedia page making you a perfect example of child harvesting/baby factory, like you have the infamous dreaded Okija shrine

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why No Ethnic Group Love Themselves More Than Igbos by Asgard13: 1:46pm On Jan 31, 2021
IamWonderful:
Prosper in business like of 20 out 21 arrested drug traffickers are from Anambra, like Wikipedia page making you a perfect example of child harvesting/baby factory, like you have the infamous dreaded Okija shrine

Will do drug a million times as an Igbo man

Than to be a Yoruba human mining skills and killing their parents just to meet up

A Yoruba willl do rituals for “ money” go to yoruba land and see for yourself

Killing a human being

Life is so cheap in Yoruba land .... all for money

90% of those in west don enter juju house for money

FACT!

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why No Ethnic Group Love Themselves More Than Igbos by IamWonderful: 1:50pm On Jan 31, 2021
Asgard13:

Will do drug a million times as an Igbo man

Than to be a Yoruba human mining skills and killing their parents just to meet up

A Yoruba willl do rituals for “ money” go to yoruba land and see for yourself

Killing a human being

Life is so cheap in Yoruba land .... all for money
You will surely pound new born babies alive for money ritual in Okija shrine

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why No Ethnic Group Love Themselves More Than Igbos by Asgard13: 1:58pm On Jan 31, 2021
IamWonderful:
You will surely pound new born babies alive for money ritual in Okija shrine

Okay Soka!

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why No Ethnic Group Love Themselves More Than Igbos by IamWonderful: 2:03pm On Jan 31, 2021
Asgard13:

Okay Soka!
See your profile on Wikipedia

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why No Ethnic Group Love Themselves More Than Igbos by dokyOloye: 2:30pm On Jan 31, 2021
IamWonderful:
Better a drug dealer than a skull miner.
At least drug dealers don't force anybody to buy their drugs
Re: 5 Reasons Why No Ethnic Group Love Themselves More Than Igbos by Easternmind(m): 2:42pm On Jan 31, 2021
IamWonderful:
See your profile on Wikipedia
Stop this now..
You've been warned.
Re: 5 Reasons Why No Ethnic Group Love Themselves More Than Igbos by Danzysb(m): 2:46pm On Jan 31, 2021
Ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

Now That Alaigbo Republic Is Officially An Option / Is There Any Moderator Of Northern Extraction On Nairaland? / I Have Never Seen Group Like IPOB Who Feeds Fat On Fake News,lies And Propaganda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.