Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,929 members, 7,806,692 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

5 Reasons Why No Ethnic Group Love Themselves More Than Igbos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Reasons Why No Ethnic Group Love Themselves More Than Igbos (1215 Views)

Benjamin Hundeyin: The Crisis At Alaba Market Had No Ethnic Correlation / Herdsmen: No Ethnic Group Should Lord Over Others - Gbajabiamila / Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why No Ethnic Group Love Themselves More Than Igbos by Hyperchi(m): 2:59pm On Jan 31, 2021
Let me help u guys out. During the lockdown do u know how many of my Igbo brother sent package to their ppl, community and local govt.
When we in Lagos where complaining those in village where relaxed.
Can u Yoruba ppl attest to did in ur various village.
We saw how they give indomi in ejibo and amala in ikoyi. Is that what will sustain the ppl for the time. In my village apart from the rice and other package, ppl still went home with 10k each.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why No Ethnic Group Love Themselves More Than Igbos by IamWonderful: 3:16pm On Jan 31, 2021
dokyOloye:

Better a drug dealer than a skull miner.
At least drug dealers don't force anybody to buy their drugs
Even pounding of new born babies alive at Okija shrine right?

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why No Ethnic Group Love Themselves More Than Igbos by engrchykae(m): 4:26pm On Jan 31, 2021
IamWonderful:
Prosper in business like of 20 out 21 arrested drug traffickers are from Anambra, like Wikipedia page making you a perfect example of child harvesting/baby factory, like you have the infamous dreaded Okija shrine
and skull mining is your exclusive.
Hushpuppi and Woodberry are all YORUBAS.
Stop deceiving yourself,fraud is the exclusive of yorubas both street Yahoo and pulpit Yahoo.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why No Ethnic Group Love Themselves More Than Igbos by IamWonderful: 4:34pm On Jan 31, 2021
engrchykae:
and skull mining is your exclusive.
Hushpuppi and Woodberry are all YORUBAS.
Stop deceiving yourself,fraud is the exclusive of yorubas both street Yahoo and pulpit Yahoo.
Hope you have seen this on Wikipedia page testifying to your baby factory ritualism

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why No Ethnic Group Love Themselves More Than Igbos by nsiba: 4:46pm On Jan 31, 2021
BastardWike:
3. Igbo Town Union System

Just like the Jews that are found all over Europe and America despite being originally from the Middle East, Igbos are also well traveled globally. Their outward movement began during the colonial era when they moved mostly northwards to provide auxiliary services to the colonialists. Despite these mass movements, they never forgot their homeland. In other to integrate among themselves and also help their people back home, they formed Igbo Town Unions in all the towns they settled. These town unions became a powerful tool in giving them a voice but also in helping to build social amenities like schools and hospitals back home in the East.

4. Igbo Onyeaghala Nwanne Ya (Don't Leave Your Brother) Way Of Life

Many Nigerians often wonder in their closets how Igbos were able to dominate certain business sectors in Nigeria. However, what they don't know is that it was due to this Onyeaghala Nwanne Ya spirit. Back then, even till now (though at a lesser degree), once Igbos discover an opportunity or a business line that was profitable, they won't want to have it only to themselves but would rather informing their people to come and join them (the Hausas also practice this too). That was how Igbos dominated many sectors and with the Igba-boy program, they passed it across the generations.

5. Igbo Echezola Ebe Ishi (Don't Forget Where You Come From) Mentality

No matter how far the Igbo man travels, he never forgets his homeland. During the slave trade era, an Igbo man by name Olaudah Equano who was taken to America still remembered Igboland with nostalgia. Today, Igbos outside Nigeria are now in their millions, from Cameroun to China, Congo to United States, Madagascar to Australia you will see Igbos in their large numbers but one thing about them is that they never forget where they come from. Nigeria is currently among the world's highest receivers of remmitances and Igbos are partly responsible for that feat. Only countries like China, India, Mexico and Philippines are doing better in terms of total worth of remmitances in billions of dollars! Even in those countries, Igbos always gather to discuss about their homeland. A friend of mine in the United States recently told me that in their last meeting, the issue of fulani herdsmen terrorism and how to protect their homeland back in Nigeria was their topic. If this is not love, then I wonder what is. People wonder how ESN volunteers are funded, armed and trained because to run such successfully will definitely require huge sums of money. Also, it is common place to see our diaspora population building schools, hospitals, Civic centers etc. in Igboland. They also support families and community members in Nigeria, organize outreach programs where they would return to Igboland to provide free medical services. Even within Nigeria, it is love for the homeland that will make Igbos to travel from all over Nigeria to their villages despite the bad roads and expensive transport fares.

So when I hear some uninformed people claim that Igbos don't love themselves, I only laugh at their ignorance.

You have all these yet some still say they are the original Igbos while others are fake...
Ohaneze is a good example of this love

(1) (2) (Reply)

IPOB Hits Back At Sheikh Gumi Over Comparison With Boko Haram / Another Igbo man fights IPOB Opens his own platform VIDEO / Seplat Raises Us$260m To Complete ANOH Gas Project In Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.