Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,932 members, 7,799,150 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:07 PM

Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC (17413 Views)

Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) / Solution To Permanently End Plastic Pollution / Air Pollution: Nigeria Ranks 4th Deadliest In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Abia1stS0N: 8:54am On Jan 31, 2021
Soot in Nigeria's Port Harcourt endangers residents' health

Soot in Nigeria's Port Harcourt endangers residents' health
Close
Kalio Keturah Nicholas remembers the time she could eat fresh fish from the river behind her house in Port Harcourt, Nigeria.

Those times are now a distant memory as oil spills onto the shore and everything in sight is covered in a thick layer of black soot.

Residents blame illegal refining of crude oil as the leading cause of soot in the atmosphere.

But for Kalio, it's not just a question of cleanliness anymore - the oil and soot are seriously affecting her health.

Precious Ede, the chairman of a government committee tackling soot in the region, says that the government is using military officers to crack down on illegal refining of crude oil, and sensitising the public on the dangers of air pollution.
https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-africa-51553861

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Abia1stS0N: 9:03am On Jan 31, 2021
Port Harcourt pollution

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Queenlovely(f): 9:17am On Jan 31, 2021
If I don't know Rivers State I would have passed. But let me tell you something about rivers State.

2005 February 17th I bought 50 speed boat with double engine,for Bonny Island, wholesale price, I never made profit from that business,

The old boat owners saw me as a threat, they sabotaged my boat, my boat was sinking on every trip, similar thing happening to Peace motors, thousands of people still died after I held prayer and fasting.

Just Forget these people, they are their own problems, they don't want to go to school, they don't have hand work. only bunkering and cultism. and sex

they always claim "son of the soil title" . inshort most of them are wasted. every month Oil companies does cleanup because they won't work, they prefer breaking pipes

that is why they hardly travel to other states, they feel rivers State is the center of the universe

144 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by RIVERS1stson: 9:19am On Jan 31, 2021
PORT HARCOURT is a very dangerous town. PORT HARCOURT is a jungle ravaged by pollution, filth, slums, shanties, ghettos cultism, kidnappers, etc. At least 70% of PORT HARCOURT is slum.

Besides, PORT HARCOURT is the most polluted city in the world

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by osejie17(m): 10:19am On Jan 31, 2021
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by bigdammyj: 10:20am On Jan 31, 2021
Noted
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Nobody: 10:21am On Jan 31, 2021
Politics spoilt this beautiful state

Odili started with the murdering of Rivers State. Those boys they used ended up as militants, the rest after the amnesty are now in oil hunkering which has adverse effects on the state

The state is finished, over 50k expat left the state in the past years

10 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Abboki: 10:21am On Jan 31, 2021
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by superamoled: 10:21am On Jan 31, 2021
Awareness campaign should be done on how to reverse the damage done

3 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by ukehnonny: 10:21am On Jan 31, 2021
sad
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by emmym16(m): 10:21am On Jan 31, 2021
Queenlovely:
If I don't know Rivers State I would have passed. But let me tell you something about rivers State.

2005 February 17th I bought 50 speed boat with double engine,for Bonny Island, wholesale price, I never made profit from that business,

The old boat owners saw me as a threat, they sabotaged my boat, my boat was sinking on every trip, similar thing happening to Peace motors, thousands of people still died after I held prayer and fasting.

Just Forget these people, they are their own problems, they don't want to go to school, they don't have hand work. only bunkering and cultism. and sex

Legit talk

3 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Nobody: 10:21am On Jan 31, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Taich(m): 10:21am On Jan 31, 2021
Abia1stS0N:

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-africa-51553861

God help us, you have to mob the flour twice daily, if not the whole house will be a mess.

10 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Fash20: 10:22am On Jan 31, 2021
Omoh

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by dumodust(m): 10:22am On Jan 31, 2021
Since it's on the front page, let's book land here before people return from church grin

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Elslim: 10:23am On Jan 31, 2021
Alhamdulillahi

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Itsteewhy: 10:23am On Jan 31, 2021
K
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by alpamo6: 10:23am On Jan 31, 2021
Allen102:

And yet 90% of prostitutes in Rivers state are from Imo, Enugu, and Akwa ibom state.
70% of crimes in Rivers state are not done by Rivers indigenes.

How did you get your statistics?

37 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by PHAYOL81: 10:23am On Jan 31, 2021
Allen102:

And yet 90% of prostitutes in Rivers state are from Imo, Enugu, and Akwa ibom state.

Then it's time the governor stood up for the state and close down on bad elements affecting the sanity and values of the environment.
He shouldn't sit down while non indigenes spoil his administration; and the state.
Anyone contributing menace in a society does not deserve staying up there. Flush them out.

6 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Bluehill1051: 10:24am On Jan 31, 2021
IPOB state, Nnamdi Cownu people
Not my concern

6 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by blinking001(m): 10:24am On Jan 31, 2021
Port Harcourt city is just an overrated slum..

15 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Fernandeswagger(m): 10:24am On Jan 31, 2021
Allen102:

Link to your statistics please. Please let's know it's a fact not mere rumour.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Otii4god: 10:24am On Jan 31, 2021
Twale for d olosho master, baba even carry stats for head
Allen102:

28 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Gwagone: 10:25am On Jan 31, 2021
Very bad
Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by majamajic(m): 10:26am On Jan 31, 2021
I have never seen a city as complete as Enugu city in Nigeria

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC by Blitzerz: 10:27am On Jan 31, 2021
They will never blame the gas flaring and other effects of the activities of their own British oil firms.

Why don't u just leave their crude oil alone let everyone use solar energy.

Blackmail journalism.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

FG Develops Operational Guideline For HIV Self-testing / COVID-19: Abia Government Seals Church, Market In Aba / How Do You Dispose Placenter After Child Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.