Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,155 members, 7,807,519 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:37 PM

It’s Waste Of Time Expecting Much Performance From Buhari – Shelle - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It’s Waste Of Time Expecting Much Performance From Buhari – Shelle (441 Views)

Shelle: It’s Not Wike’s Responsibility To Tell Lagosians Who To Vote For In 2023 / Return To Your Hometown Iragbiji And Rest - Tunji Shelle Tells Tinubu / 2023: Tunji Shelle Tells Tinubu Not To Contest For President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It’s Waste Of Time Expecting Much Performance From Buhari – Shelle by bolaayenimo: 5:45pm On Jan 31, 2021
Chief Olatunji Shelle, a former Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Lagos State chapter has said anybody still expecting extraordinary performance from President Muhammadu Buhari between now and 2023 is just wasting his time.

Speaking in an exclusive interview with Daily Independent, Shelle, a retired Naval Captain said the president is not conversant with happenings around him while his advisers are not helping matters as they are not giving him the true picture of things in the country.

Shelle who also lamented the worsening insecurity in the country said it is unfortunate that the President ignored the calls of Nigerians, including the National Assembly to replace the outgone service chiefs but only appointed new ones last week after the security situation has worsened.
He said “If we are expecting too much from President Buhari, we are just wasting our time. He is not conversant with most of the things that are going on and his advisers are not helping matters. They are overprotecting him”.

“Even his media aides are over-defending him. All they do is to issue out condolence messages when people die. That is something I know they do frequently rather than working hard to prevent those things that can lead to death”.

“Over a period of two years, a lot of clamour was made for the sack of the Service Chiefs. The young men at the helm of affairs were tired because they have done their best and could do no more. Their juniors were not happy to fight the war against Boko Haram”.

“A lot of Nigerians, including the national assembly made several appeals to the President to replace the Service Chiefs but he refused not until last week before he could make up his mind and that was after a lot of damages have been done to our security outfit”.

“The security architecture of country can never be the same again”. Because it is filled with ethnic bias, a lot nepotism is involved and unless we cure this cancer in our system, that we need a leader that believes in the unity of this country, we shall not go anywhere” he said.
https://www.independent.ng/its-waste-of-time-to-expecting-much-from-buhari-shelle/

Re: It’s Waste Of Time Expecting Much Performance From Buhari – Shelle by Nwodosis(m): 5:46pm On Jan 31, 2021
Bishop Kukah has lent him his voice!
Re: It’s Waste Of Time Expecting Much Performance From Buhari – Shelle by helinues: 5:49pm On Jan 31, 2021
We have read.

Next
Re: It’s Waste Of Time Expecting Much Performance From Buhari – Shelle by dumahi(m): 5:55pm On Jan 31, 2021
Fact.
Re: It’s Waste Of Time Expecting Much Performance From Buhari – Shelle by Racoon(m): 5:58pm On Jan 31, 2021
Who would have given so much hope for such a tested & proven failure like the then HOS-Maj.Gen. Buhari of the inglorious 1983-85 era to perform when his antecedents then didnt stand him out as a performer? Keep dreaming!

1 Like

Re: It’s Waste Of Time Expecting Much Performance From Buhari – Shelle by Mysticwebb: 6:11pm On Jan 31, 2021
I knew, that is why I never voted for him in 2015 and 2019. Even when my younger brother and his northern wife were shouting sai baba in 2015, I was just pitying them. I tried to change my brother's mind but he refused to listen. In 2019 all his madness with Buhari was cured, he voted against him but it was already late as Buhari made sure he rigged the election. He was demoralised when he was declared winner again.
Today we can all see where the nation is heading to.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s Waste Of Time Expecting Much Performance From Buhari – Shelle by lahp(m): 6:48pm On Jan 31, 2021
those who did are dead
Re: It’s Waste Of Time Expecting Much Performance From Buhari – Shelle by nairavsdollars(f): 8:46pm On Jan 31, 2021
The man can still surprise Nigerians before 2023

Mysticwebb:
I knew, that is why I never voted for him in 2015 and 2019. Even when my younger brother and his northern wife were shouting sai baba in 2015, I was just pitying them. I tried to change my brother's mind but he refused to listen. In 2019 all his madness with Buhari was cured, he voted against him but it was already late as Buhari made sure he rigged the election. He was demoralised when he was declared winner again.
Re: It’s Waste Of Time Expecting Much Performance From Buhari – Shelle by PoloG: 8:56pm On Jan 31, 2021
Mysticwebb:
i thought igbos don't marry hausa
Re: It’s Waste Of Time Expecting Much Performance From Buhari – Shelle by nairavsdollars(f): 10:19pm On Jan 31, 2021
Is it a taboo

PoloG:
i thought igbos don't marry hausa
Re: It’s Waste Of Time Expecting Much Performance From Buhari – Shelle by Mayng01(m): 11:55pm On Jan 31, 2021
Very unfortunate
Re: It’s Waste Of Time Expecting Much Performance From Buhari – Shelle by AngusTV: 12:23am On Feb 01, 2021
Lolz

Let me hold my thoughts
Re: It’s Waste Of Time Expecting Much Performance From Buhari – Shelle by zealousayo(m): 3:56am On Feb 01, 2021
Complete waste of time! If you don't expect much, you won't be disappointed. What was his performance and achievements as a millitary Head of State? I wonder why people were/are thinking he's the messiah. He has always been a cermonial head; if it's not an Idiagbon, it will be some cabal ruling in his stead. I knew he doesn't have the capacity to outperform the former Presidents, but I never imagined he would still suck at the aspect of security as a retired General.
To those Buharists that think supporting him makes them patriots as they always call themselves on this forum need to check their brains... While some of them may be truly patriotic, the majority of them are actually clowns. Not supporting someone doesn't make one unpatriotic to the country.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Is Against Secession But Promote Sucessionists Groups / With $60 Per Barrel, FG In Dilemma Over Deregulation / Governor Abubakar Sani Bello Congratulates 1st Female Nigerlite To Attain...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.