Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,526 members, 7,801,467 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:39 PM

Endocrinologist Expertise Needed Here - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Endocrinologist Expertise Needed Here (298 Views)

Eating Too Much Fruits Can Cause Diabetes - Consultant Endocrinologist / Any Endocrinologist Here... / Endocrinologist In The House. Ask All Your Questions On Diabetes And Other Endoc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Endocrinologist Expertise Needed Here by HRHQueenPhil(f): 7:05pm On Jan 31, 2021
Good afternoon
Kehinde just returned from the hospital, fasting blood sugar is 314 and HB1ac is 10.3 ..she has been diabetic type 1 since 2018.the doctor sent her to another hospital as an emergency but those ones have their schedules booked. What I am asking is
1. A consultant recommendation she can see within lagos this week and how.much she shld hold
2. What pen insulin she shld be using?note: she is currently in only novorapid and the measurements
3. A dietician who can help use food to bring the sugar down..she is 30 years old
I await your immediate feedback as complications like diabetic neuropathy is already disturbing her feet. They gave her neurovite for that. Please advice how I can look after her
Re: Endocrinologist Expertise Needed Here by Protein0: 7:43pm On Jan 31, 2021
HRHQueenPhil:
Good afternoon
Kehinde just returned from the hospital, fasting blood sugar is 314 and HB1ac is 10.3 ..she has been diabetic type 1 since 2018.the doctor sent her to another hospital as an emergency but those ones have their schedules booked. What I am asking is
1. A consultant recommendation she can see within lagos this week and how.much she shld hold
2. What pen insulin she shld be using?note: she is currently in only novorapid and the measurements
3. A dietician who can help use food to bring the sugar down..she is 30 years old
I await your immediate feedback as complications like diabetic neuropathy is already disturbing her feet. They gave her neurovite for that. Please advice how I can look after her
Who placed her on the novorapid and how well has she been complying since she has been on it?
What's her present diet like?
Is she hypertensive?
Re: Endocrinologist Expertise Needed Here by HRHQueenPhil(f): 7:45pm On Jan 31, 2021
Protein0:

Who placed her on the novorapid and how well has she been complying since she has been on it?
What's her present diet like?
Is she hypertensive?

she is not hypertensive,just losing weight rapidly. We are now.working on her diet but it was terrible before
Re: Endocrinologist Expertise Needed Here by Protein0: 7:47pm On Jan 31, 2021
HRHQueenPhil:
she is not hypertensive,just losing weight rapidly. We are now.working on her diet but it was terrible before
Answer the first 2 questions too
Re: Endocrinologist Expertise Needed Here by HRHQueenPhil(f): 7:50pm On Jan 31, 2021
Protein0:

Answer the first 2 questions too
her consultant in EMel hospital , d doctor also placed her on lantus but she stopped using it cos she wld get hungry at night
Re: Endocrinologist Expertise Needed Here by Protein0: 8:02pm On Jan 31, 2021
HRHQueenPhil:
her consultant in EMel hospital , d doctor also placed her on lantus but she stopped using it cos she wld get hungry at night
Let her return to her consultant in EMel or go to any other good private hospital if govt hospitals' waiting time is kinda long in her area.
FBS of 314 isn't what she should be calm with. Nairaland isn't an hospital. First thing tomorrow pls, let her see her EMel doctor or any other doctor.
I wish her speedy recovery.
For ur earlier requests:
1 puts you at risk of falling into the wrong hands.
2 No doctor would tell you which insulin type to be using on NL
3 diet won't bring the values down but rather prevent it from going up after medications might have brought it down.

Meanwhile, the management of her conditon requires her absolute cooperation. If glargine was making her feel hungry at night, she should have returned to her doctor to complain and sth would have been done to it, instead she stopped it.
About 80% of interventions that would lead to her recovery lies in her hands.
Strict dietary and medication compliance with adequate follow up. It's a long term thing which she should brace up for. There are people who lived for as long as you can imagine with it. It's all about compliance.
She should ignore likely tales of how certain products or clerics cured it. She should religiously obey her doctor on the management plans and pray, not just faith while neglecting medical interventions.
Once again, first thing tomorrow, she should see a doctor pls. Swift recovery to her.

(1) (Reply)

See Photos Of People Who Lost A Hand Or Leg But Are Still Beautiful. / Veterinary Surgical Instruments / What Does This Test Result Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.