Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,759 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

He Wants To Dump Law For English Education - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / He Wants To Dump Law For English Education (15434 Views)

English Education Or English And Literary Studies, Which Is Preferable? / Whats The Difference Between Linguistic,English Education And English Studies / JAMB Recommended Books For English, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics And Biology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Wants To Dump Law For English Education by TheSmoothTalker(m): 11:15am On Feb 01, 2021
Has any federal worker (particularly customs) received January salary?
Re: He Wants To Dump Law For English Education by IlovePMB: 11:16am On Feb 01, 2021
younglleo:
E be like say na dat same English i go go study! Rubbish country
Even dey English no correct sef
8yrs facebook for sale

Pls why do people buy or sell Facebook accounts.
Re: He Wants To Dump Law For English Education by younglleo: 11:17am On Feb 01, 2021
IlovePMB:

Pls why do people buy or sell Facebook accounts.
bcus we are in a digital world, and we buy and sell to survive
Re: He Wants To Dump Law For English Education by SonOfTheRisingS: 11:17am On Feb 01, 2021
Nigeria law school and Nigeria education in general are outdated and waste of money and time.

Most of Keke riders today are Nigeria educational products.

Let your friend follow his vision.
Re: He Wants To Dump Law For English Education by checkthis1990: 11:20am On Feb 01, 2021
Lol. Its so funny but he has a point.

We never could tell.

Meanwhile,
Read on how to get an ecommerce website for 9500 naira in 24hrs with no deposit:

https://www.nairaland.com/6392312/no-deposit-how-get-ecommerce
Re: He Wants To Dump Law For English Education by TripleAkutigi: 11:23am On Feb 01, 2021
younglleo:
8yrs facebook for sale
I want to Sale my own too nah.....
Re: He Wants To Dump Law For English Education by dogooder: 11:24am On Feb 01, 2021
What you studied does not matter in naija anymore, it is now who you know.
Re: He Wants To Dump Law For English Education by Henix(m): 11:25am On Feb 01, 2021
He can still go for a PgD in English Edu after successfully completing his Law degree program. With the combination of his Law degree and the PgD in English Edu, he will have a double option to either practice as a Lawyer in Nigeria, or as a Teacher in Asia.

Let him not trade Law for English Edu because of his quest to graduate within 4yrs and run to Asia, Law has an advantage over English Edu. What is worth doing is worth doing well. I see no need for his rush, unless age is no longer on his side

5 Likes

Re: He Wants To Dump Law For English Education by jidamsel43(m): 11:28am On Feb 01, 2021
ValCon888:
Leaving Law for English is like refusing to drink champagne because you like cheap beer.
If lawyers are not well paid, is it teachers that are well paid?
Should I offer a chilled bottle of stout for this comment? Teaching is the most ridiculous Profession in the country today. How will someone choose to be a teacher instead of a lawyer? We need to use our reasoning faculty before switching our careers. thump up

2 Likes

Re: He Wants To Dump Law For English Education by micflo28(m): 11:34am On Feb 01, 2021
If he has the means to leave the country, I advice he goes for English with linguistics as a combined program. University of Abuja runs that combination. With such combination, you will be better positioned to Lord over the language.

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Dump Law For English Education by Obarofrederick(m): 11:34am On Feb 01, 2021
younglleo:
grin
Re: He Wants To Dump Law For English Education by kingeze88(m): 11:36am On Feb 01, 2021
You think English is an easy course to study? Hmmmmm

2 Likes

Re: He Wants To Dump Law For English Education by micflo28(m): 11:40am On Feb 01, 2021
ValCon888:
Leaving Law for English is like refusing to drink champagne because you like cheap beer.
read properly to understand the write up, he said he will go abroad, Asia precisely that is a non-english speaking nation to teach the subject not here in Nigeria. Can you compare a teacher's pay in Japan, China and that of Korea with that of Nigeria? Studying law and going abroad to practice it is next to impossible. He made a wise choice if he has means to leave the country with that knowledge of English language.

3 Likes

Re: He Wants To Dump Law For English Education by Zeeknow3245(m): 11:41am On Feb 01, 2021
jidamsel43:
Should I offer a chilled bottle of stout for this comment? Teaching is the most ridiculous Profession in the country today. How will someone choose to be a teacher instead of a lawyer? We need to use our reasoning faculty before switching our careers. thump up
What you did here is "profession shaming". How dare you mock teachers? In my area, there's a guy that teach phonetics in various secondary schools. He is not a fixed teacher and I know how much he makes monthly per school. I know another lady that teaches Igbo language since Igbo is not common here in Ogun state. She teaches in big private schools and also does tutorial.
Guy language pays more than Law if you don't know. Do you know much somebody that can speak mandarin, French, German or Russian make?
Some areas to live in Canada requires French proficiency. So stop saying what you don't know.

5 Likes

Re: He Wants To Dump Law For English Education by InvertedHammer: 11:44am On Feb 01, 2021
Bodyodour:
A friend just decided to change from law to English education. His reasons are:

-law will take most of his youthful age(considering ASUU and 1 year of law school)

-with English, he can be able to travel and teach abroad, asia precisely. And he can be able to explore the world.

- lawyers are not well paid here and it will be difficult to travel to Europe with it.

I hope he is not making a mistake?

Please move to frontpage.
/
There is no friend involved. Admit that you are the one. Can you teach English when you still write "can be able"?

/

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Dump Law For English Education by labelle123(f): 11:44am On Feb 01, 2021
Il y a rien à dire
Re: He Wants To Dump Law For English Education by Funkybabee(f): 11:45am On Feb 01, 2021
whatever his mind say, he should not doubt it and work on it.
let him hold unto his word
Re: He Wants To Dump Law For English Education by ValCon888: 11:45am On Feb 01, 2021
micflo28:
read properly to understand the write up, he said he will go abroad, Asia precisely that is a non-english speaking nation to teach the subject not here in Nigeria. Can you compare a teacher's pay in Japan, China and that of Korea with that of Nigeria? Studying law and going abroad to practice it is next to impossible. He made a wise choice if he has means to leave the country with that knowledge of English language.
Oga calm down. Even in that Asia and anywhere else abroad, the lawyer still earns more than the teacher so that is not even an excuse.

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Dump Law For English Education by Kwara1stson: 11:46am On Feb 01, 2021
Bodyodour:
A friend just decided to change from law to English education. His reasons are:

-law will take most of his youthful age(considering ASUU and 1 year of law school)

-with English, he can be able to travel and teach abroad, asia precisely. And he can be able to explore the world.

- lawyers are not well paid here and it will be difficult to travel to Europe with it.

I hope he is not making a mistake?

Please move to frontpage.
first of all na you wan dump the law for English because you are already on 3rd probation. no dey use friend they lie
Re: He Wants To Dump Law For English Education by Olaideolayemi(m): 11:47am On Feb 01, 2021
I think the guy make a child decision.. Lawyer as a profession, as different branches,knowly different branches,gives you the opportunities to diverfied from one branches to another..
Re: He Wants To Dump Law For English Education by Ihatethemods4: 11:48am On Feb 01, 2021
younglleo:

Shut up! You hack people's account then sell them off. You gon meet your waterloo soon.

2 Likes

Re: He Wants To Dump Law For English Education by DennisEche(m): 11:51am On Feb 01, 2021
Law don cast tey tey
Re: He Wants To Dump Law For English Education by younglleo: 11:53am On Feb 01, 2021
Ihatethemods4:

Shut up! You hack people's account then sell them off. You gon meet your waterloo soon.
bro mind ursef, i no hack anybody account!
I want to sell my own account cus am broke!
Jst respect ursef honestly, if u not buying don't quote me
Re: He Wants To Dump Law For English Education by micflo28(m): 11:53am On Feb 01, 2021
ValCon888:

Oga calm down. Even in that Asia and anywhere else abroad, the lawyer still earns more than the teacher so that is not even an excuse.
you think it's easy to practice law those countries as a non-citizen. I agree they are well paid but what is the possibility of practicing it with a Nigerian degree.
Re: He Wants To Dump Law For English Education by Hassanmaye(m): 11:57am On Feb 01, 2021
My friend I will advise you to do anything your heart and mind, soul want.
Infact anything to leave Nigeria is welcome development.
Re: He Wants To Dump Law For English Education by Niom(m): 12:01pm On Feb 01, 2021
He seems to be after the pay and not the profession....
If he loves teaching others and passionate about it, why not? Let him go with the teaching and it will also save him lots of years.....

Lawyers are book in Nigeria. Except he wants to end up as a CHARGE AND BAIL LAWYER.

Moreso, it takes years to establish as a lawyer here in Nigeria. So u spend 7-8 years schooling, and spend 20-30 years to establish as a lawyer......

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Dump Law For English Education by Bodyodour: 12:07pm On Feb 01, 2021
ValCon888:
his aim is teaching abroad .
Re: He Wants To Dump Law For English Education by einsteine(m): 12:09pm On Feb 01, 2021
Not even English but English education. He's stupid. Sorry. Law is a regulated profession and would always be better than studying English.
Re: He Wants To Dump Law For English Education by einsteine(m): 12:10pm On Feb 01, 2021
Bodyodour:
his aim is teaching abroad .

And who says he can't work as a lawyer abroad.

Niggar is just being stupid. There is no where in the world where teachers are paid well.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Strike: Outcome Of Today's ASUP Meeting With Federal Government / Nairaland Educational Debate: Winner :::ALICIAKEYS::::: / Imo State Needs 20 Universities –okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.