Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Corruption: Presidency Blames Nigerians For Transparency’s Poor Ranking - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption: Presidency Blames Nigerians For Transparency’s Poor Ranking (278 Views)

Corruption: Garba Shehu Blames Nigerians For Transparency’s Poor Ranking / Presidency Blames Late Yaradua For ASUU Strike / Presidency Blames Power Contest, Anti-graft War For Killings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Corruption: Presidency Blames Nigerians For Transparency’s Poor Ranking by bidierichie: 1:46pm On Feb 01, 2021
The Presidency has blamed Nigerians for the country’s poor ranking on Transparency International’s 2020 Corruption Perception Index in which Nigeria scored 25 out of 100 and was named the second most corrupt nation in West Africa and ranked 149 out of 180 countries.

The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, said this on Channels Television’s Sunrise Daily programme on Monday, barely two days after the Minister of Information, Lai Mohammed, discredited Transparency’s report.

Responding to a question, Shehu said the report is a reflection of corruption by Nigerians and not by the Buhari administration.

He said, “I’ll tell you that this one by TI is not a judgment on Buhari or his administration or its war against corruption, I will tell you that this one is a judgment on Nigerians because if you look at the indices they used at arriving at these conclusions, they used eight indices, six of which showed Nigeria as being more or less Nigeria in the same position.

“The two that they dwelled on, that caused this backslide, are essentially Nigerian problems. They’re talking about the political culture of this country, vote-buying, thuggery. Is it Buhari that is a thug? We’re not doing thuggery

Source: https://punchng.com/corruption-presidency-blames-nigerians-for-transparencys-poor-ranking/

Over to you smart and intelligent Nigerians

Re: Corruption: Presidency Blames Nigerians For Transparency’s Poor Ranking by bidierichie: 1:46pm On Feb 01, 2021
I just want to be sure that "The Presidency" is OK

1 Like

Re: Corruption: Presidency Blames Nigerians For Transparency’s Poor Ranking by Macphenson: 1:49pm On Feb 01, 2021
Ok
Re: Corruption: Presidency Blames Nigerians For Transparency’s Poor Ranking by Freestainworld(m): 1:49pm On Feb 01, 2021
Thunder will continue to fire you, and the entire presidency, you guys are monumental failures, never seen a government as stupid as this.
Re: Corruption: Presidency Blames Nigerians For Transparency’s Poor Ranking by junketer(m): 1:50pm On Feb 01, 2021
Abeg someone should help me with a laughing meme. I just dey laugh after reading this
Re: Corruption: Presidency Blames Nigerians For Transparency’s Poor Ranking by Shelumiel: 1:54pm On Feb 01, 2021
Very useless government. Always blaming everyone but themselves for their ineptitude.
Re: Corruption: Presidency Blames Nigerians For Transparency’s Poor Ranking by bidierichie: 1:56pm On Feb 01, 2021
Shelumiel:
Very useless government. Always blaming everyone but themselves for their ineptitude.

What they forgot to realise is that "when the fish begins to decay, it starts from the head"

1 Like

Re: Corruption: Presidency Blames Nigerians For Transparency’s Poor Ranking by bidierichie: 2:06pm On Feb 01, 2021
junketer:
Abeg someone should help me with a laughing meme. I just dey laugh after reading this

I don join you laugh grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Corruption: Presidency Blames Nigerians For Transparency’s Poor Ranking by Nobody: 2:08pm On Feb 01, 2021
Nice...

Garba Shehu is 100% right here... Exactly what I have been preaching on this Forum... Change begins with the people... 99.9% of Nigerians are corrupt..

Then we vote some of us to become senators, governors, presidents, etc. Others become lawyers, judges, etc. Before you know it, we have corrupt elements in government.

That's the problem... Ask any Nigerian to mention 10 incorruptible Nigerians... Once they mention President Muhammadu Buhari, you'll notice they begin to stammer, and then they'll tell you they can't recall any more names.

Too bad.. Even foreigners know this... The Archbishop of Canterbury is an example... He identified only Buhari as the only incorruptible man in Africa! While I am happy for Buhari, I weep for my fellow Nigerians. We really need to change. It's no longer funny. Our image is battered!

But e go better.

Re: Corruption: Presidency Blames Nigerians For Transparency’s Poor Ranking by Mynd44: 3:48pm On Feb 01, 2021

(1)

Ifeanyi Uba Can Not Be Governor In Anambra State. / Clear Out Criminals From Birnin Gwari For Economic Takeoff - Gov El Rufai / Farm Destruction: DPO Shoots Amotekun Operative For Arresting Fulani Herdsmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.