Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,344 members, 7,808,211 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

Share Your Tribalism Experience Across States In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Share Your Tribalism Experience Across States In Nigeria (1061 Views)

PEPT: Peter Obi Supporters Continue To Roll Out More Billboards Across States / Final Results Of 2023 Governorship Elections So Far Across States / Governorship Election Results 2019 From Polling Units Across States (unofficial) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Tribalism Experience Across States In Nigeria by bilms(m): 2:11pm On Feb 01, 2021
There's no much difference between tribalism and racism.

While racism happen between people of different races, tribalism occur between people of different tribes.

For decades, accusation and counter accusation of tribalism has been made in political, entertainment and even in civil service.

Share your personal experience of tribalism across states in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Tribalism Experience Across States In Nigeria by triple996(m): 2:12pm On Feb 01, 2021
D wan we yamuri do me strong
Entered a bus from lagos to Abuja at maza maza
If you see the way these yamuri people they insult hausa people eee.
Wetin pain me b say they come start to insult Muslims join. Say Yoruba people na bastards becus their Muslims don't believe in joining hands to suffer d north. Meen THE HATE IS REAL

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Tribalism Experience Across States In Nigeria by Beastus(m): 2:14pm On Feb 01, 2021
You don't need to go far. Nairaland alone has enough evidence on tribalism.

To further support my claim, this thread would contain people calling themselves:

* Flat cone head inyamuri Ipob drug peddler
* Afonja brown roof skull mining yoruba muslim
* Homeless pedophilic northern aboki herdsman

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Tribalism Experience Across States In Nigeria by ruggedboy01: 2:21pm On Feb 01, 2021
Re: Share Your Tribalism Experience Across States In Nigeria by iSlayer: 2:41pm On Feb 01, 2021
Lagos: Yoruba market women will shun you and refuse to sell immediately they suspect you're Igbo. Mothers will insult your life in your yoruba if you don't stay away from their daughters. They mellow when you start flashing money. One fine yoruba girl said she used to fear to talk to me. Me that I'm gentle, I was taken aback. I asked why, she said they told her Igbo people eat human beings. Nasarawa: one man called me dan iska and told me to get out, just because I asked for assistance. Another man, an educated fellow, bluntly refused to call me by my name. His preferred choice was "nyamiri". I felt bad then, he was supposed to be learned.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Tribalism Experience Across States In Nigeria by Ituku4040: 2:44pm On Feb 01, 2021
bilms:
There's no much difference between tribalism and racism.

While racism happen between people of different races, tribalism occur between people of different tribes.

For decades, accusation and counter accusation of tribalism has been made in political, entertainment and even in civil service.

Share your personal experience of tribalism across states in Nigeria.
ABUJA—The Presidency, yesterday, charged those against the administration’s ranching and colony programmes for herdsmen to rethink, noting that they are better off living with the ranches and colonies than dying through the persisting conflicts.

Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Chief Femi Adesina, speaking on an AIT morning programme in response to a question on ancestral attachments to land said: “Ancestral attachment? You can only have ancestral attachment when you are alive.

If you are talking about ancestral attachment, if you are dead, how does the attachment matter? The exhortation from the Presidency came on a day Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, said that history would be harsh on the present administration if it failed to stop the mass killing of innocent Nigerians.

This is even as the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, in the 17 Southern states yesterday said the insecurity pervading the country, particularly in the North Central zone, poses grave danger to the conduct of next year’s general elections.

Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Chief Femi Adesina, gave the admonishment as he alleged a conspiracy by alleged critics of the administration to frustrate moves towards resolving the crises in the country. Adesina, who spoke on AIT morning programme, said it was wrong to describe the attacks against farmers as one directed against Christians.

He said: “Hundreds have been killed in Zamfara, are they Christians? People have been killed in Birnin Gwari, are they Christians? “What is happening is criminality, pure and simple, and it must be brought to an end. Government has a big role to play in this but the people themselves have a role to play.” Noting what he described as a campaign to stop the implementation of the administration’s plans to check the farmers-herders conflict, Adesina said: “Some people are saying don’t use government money to build ranches. If truly they don’t have lands, that is fine, but remember that Kogi State offered 15,000 hectares of land for cattle colony and in the midst of that offer vicious attacks were unleashed.

“In Plateau State, where we had the recent orgy of killings, the government has offered land for ranches and I tell you that some people are interested in this thing not being resolved.” Better alive than a dead land owner".

Adesina Asked about the ancestral attachment by the people of those states to their lands, he said: “Ancestral attachment? You can only have ancestral attachment when you are alive. If you are talking about ancestral attachment, if you are dead, how does the attachment matter? “The National Economic Council that recommended ranching didn’t just legislate it, there were recommendations. “So, if your state genuinely does not have land for ranching, it is understandable; not every state will have land for ranches. But where you have land and you can do something, please do for peace. What will the land be used for if those who own it are dead at the end of the day?”

Adesina further said the administration is doing its best to ensure peace throughout the country. “There are different theatres of crises in the country and you may look at each theatre with its peculiarities. In the Middle Belt, it has its own peculiarities and what is the peculiarity of that, Farmers-Herders conflict. What has the government done? “It has sent in security agencies starting with the police, later troops, later different operations by the military,” he said.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/07/giving-land-ranching-better-death-presidency/
(Quote) (Report) 7 Likes (Like) 3 Shares (Share
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

1 Like

Re: Share Your Tribalism Experience Across States In Nigeria by BlowYourMind: 2:45pm On Feb 01, 2021
ok
Re: Share Your Tribalism Experience Across States In Nigeria by Holamic: 3:04pm On Feb 01, 2021
Please be aware of this trend... cause if we can start acting against each other... If any tribe has treated you bad or right take it a lesson to the path which you are heading... Whoever created this I don't know your plans but may God save us all... The human race

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Tribalism Experience Across States In Nigeria by ShackWes(f): 3:08pm On Feb 01, 2021
the only place I have been tribally attacked is on Nairaland

1 Like

Re: Share Your Tribalism Experience Across States In Nigeria by edoairways: 3:16pm On Feb 01, 2021
The poster has an ulterior motive,if you fall for his scheme, you are on your own

1 Like

Re: Share Your Tribalism Experience Across States In Nigeria by helinues: 3:21pm On Feb 01, 2021
angry
Re: Share Your Tribalism Experience Across States In Nigeria by Warripikine: 3:24pm On Feb 01, 2021
triple996:
Wetin pain me b say they come start to insult Muslims join. Say Yoruba people na bastards becus their Muslims don't believe in joining hands to suffer d north. Meen THE HATE IS REAL
Your write up has exposed you & it tells us that you're the real tribalist here..
You wanna take advantage of this topic to spread hate in a very dubious narrative...
Damn
Triple996 abi nah tribalist996, You're evil and full of shit

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Tribalism Experience Across States In Nigeria by DaddyRochie1642: 3:28pm On Feb 01, 2021
Beastus:
You don't need to go far. Nairaland alone has enough evidence on tribalism.

To further support my claim, this thread would contain people calling themselves:

* Flat cone head inyamuri Ipob drug peddler
* Afonja brown roof skull mining yoruba muslim
* Homeless pedophile northern aboki herdsman

grin grin grin
Re: Share Your Tribalism Experience Across States In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:29pm On Feb 01, 2021
See how they are shitting on their pants crying foul all over the place because they know they don't like been exposed.

This is not an experience but something i heard a man of the igbo tribe said while going for a walk.

This is the story.

It seems taxi drivers were trying to elect the leader of their union.

The drivers were canvassing for votes,, so they tried to corner a taxi driver. It seems he walked away from the group in annoyance. All i heard was i no dey vote.

I was walking on the side walk watching all the commotion, other taxi drivers walked up to him to try to convince him to vote, at the end he agreed to vote but on one condition.

In his thick igbo accent speaking pidgin English, this is what i heard, IF NA YORUBA MAN, ME I NO GO VOTE FOR AM.

I was shocked and dumbfounded after hearing this statement.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Tribalism Experience Across States In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:32pm On Feb 01, 2021
triple996:

Exactly, they know how to call hausa people stupid names even yoruba people are guilty of these.

Just look at most of the threads that was created to tarnish and destroy the image of fulani people here.
Re: Share Your Tribalism Experience Across States In Nigeria by bilms(m): 3:33pm On Feb 01, 2021
angry
Re: Share Your Tribalism Experience Across States In Nigeria by BosseJ: 3:38pm On Feb 01, 2021
I have been tribally assaulted and molested by ibo people on this site. They call my people derogatory names like 'Afonja' and 'Ofenmanu'. It's so painful. Ibo people need to fear God, seek God's forgiveness, and stop abusing others.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Tribalism Experience Across States In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:43pm On Feb 01, 2021
Another non personal experience.

So it seems coca cola was sending a new manger who is yoruba to head their facility in Cross river state.

Some staffs were angry and plotted to blackmail and destroy the reputation of the manger.

One particular was saying, ALL THESE YORUBA PEOPLE JUST THEY STEAL ALL OUR JOB FOR HERE

Another one.

a medical officer was told to represent her hospital at an annual medical conference in Akwa ibom state, when her un akwa ibom name was called out after registration, all the attendants were suprised how she got the opportunity to attend the conference.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Tribalism Experience Across States In Nigeria by Enudapan: 3:49pm On Feb 01, 2021
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

Most tribalism only start online and also end online.
We are such a loving great country, forget online trolls
But in btw I can't even experience tribalism
Cos I be
Yoruba/ igbo
Dad Epe Lagos/ mom Emuoha Rivers State
I love Dad, and I also love mom
I learn a lot of Igbo slangs and language back those days in uniport
So l can easily claim igbo whenever it favours me,
Las Las I dey read and laugh at the online trolls
And normally join any tribe that's winning grin

But wait, there's no tribalism in Nigeria cities
Yes
Cos kayode(Yoruba) will join kanu (Igbo) in Lagos can join hands and dupe Olajide(Yoruba) who just entered Lagos, notwithstanding he is a fellow Yoruba nigga and vice versa (becos we see ourselves as Lagosian b4 tribes)

1 Like

Re: Share Your Tribalism Experience Across States In Nigeria by GallantDuke(m): 4:29pm On Feb 01, 2021
All through my stay in the Yoruba land, I didn't witness any form of tribalism.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Tribalism Experience Across States In Nigeria by IamWonderful: 4:36pm On Feb 01, 2021
About 12 igbos scammed me with their language in Alaba despite I asked for their, such callous people
Re: Share Your Tribalism Experience Across States In Nigeria by Yebedervru: 4:40pm On Feb 01, 2021
BosseJ:
I have been tribally assaulted and molested by ibo people on this site. They call my people derogatory names like 'Afonja' and 'Ofenmanu'. It's so painful. Ibo people need to fear God, seek God's forgiveness, and stop abusing others.
Are you a woman?
Re: Share Your Tribalism Experience Across States In Nigeria by Danzakidakura(m): 4:52pm On Feb 01, 2021
triple996:
hope the one Fulani terrorists group are doing you now in Oyo state is ok ?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Tribalism Experience Across States In Nigeria by BigSarah(f): 5:37pm On Feb 01, 2021
This country makes no sense at all

1 Like

Re: Share Your Tribalism Experience Across States In Nigeria by hater34: 5:51pm On Feb 01, 2021
When it come to tribalism hatred, the people from the east are 100℅ guilty of that, they have derogatory names given to other tribe, A hostel room mate of mine who happened to be Igbo in the university try that shit with me, I arrange am instantly, me I no send any flat headed person from the east, you cannot be in my father Land and call me derogatory names, we don't row like that over here, if you like us and take us like brothers we reciprocate same. I hate Igbos and I don't hide it unlike some people that pretend to like someone outside but hate them inside, call me a tribalist, who cares

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Tribalism Experience Across States In Nigeria by psyco: 6:18pm On Feb 01, 2021
Young igbos I've met irl don't even understand tribalism unless they are taught by their parents. Meanwhile northerners can be pretty aggressive to anyone and any beings esp. If you

1 Like

Re: Share Your Tribalism Experience Across States In Nigeria by JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI(m): 7:40pm On Feb 01, 2021
WHY IS RACISM AND TRIBALISM FROWNED AT, BUT NATIONALISM PROMOTED
Re: Share Your Tribalism Experience Across States In Nigeria by bilms(m): 8:56pm On Feb 01, 2021
cool
Re: Share Your Tribalism Experience Across States In Nigeria by bilms(m): 9:14am On Feb 02, 2021
shocked
Re: Share Your Tribalism Experience Across States In Nigeria by Greenback: 10:24am On Feb 02, 2021
Some years ago at ikoyi Lagos,I was alhaving some squabbles with one bladdy mallam n he was telling me,"you will soon dobale,prostrate flat on the ground..." The iedeot was taking me for a Yoruba. grin
Re: Share Your Tribalism Experience Across States In Nigeria by Greenback: 10:30am On Feb 02, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Another non personal experience.

So it seems coca cola was sending a new manger who is yoruba to head their facility in Cross river state.

Some staffs were angry and plotted to blackmail and destroy the reputation of the manger.

One particular was saying, ALL THESE YORUBA PEOPLE JUST THEY STEAL ALL OUR JOB FOR HERE

Another one.

a medical officer was told to represent her hospital at an annual medical conference in Akwa ibom state, when her un akwa ibom name was called out after registration, all the attendants were suprised how she got the opportunity to attend the conference.

You are a mallam...shut up,thank you..

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Gowon Abolished Regionalism And Introduced Unitary Rule- Pictures / The Blood Of Biafra By Femi Fani-kayode / Kanu’s Health Worsening In DSS Custody -IPOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.