Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

Toyota Camry 05 Vibration - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Camry 05 Vibration (867 Views)

2006 Honda City Transmission Vibration While Trying To Move / Toyota Camry 05/06 Stereo / 5 Main Causes Of Car Engine Vibration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Camry 05 Vibration by kunki90(m): 3:56pm On Feb 01, 2021
Hello Everyone, please who knows what could cause vibration when car is P(park) or when not in motion and in drive. It vibrates either A/C is on or not, but vibration is even more when A/C is on.

Things I have done:
1) Change upper engine mount - was defective
2) Serviced injectors, cleaned throttle body
3) Adjusted slow running.

None seems to work and immediately goes back to vibration after repair.

Any ideas?
Re: Toyota Camry 05 Vibration by worlddpeace48(m): 4:12pm On Feb 01, 2021
kunki90:
Hello Everyone, please who knows what could cause vibration when car is P(park) or when not in motion and in drive. It vibrates either A/C is on or not, but vibration is even more when A/C is on.

Things I have done:

Any ideas?

Kindly check for the following

1. Check the belt tensioner connected to the ac compressor pulley for possible clearance
2. Check for defective spark plugs/ coils
3. Check for possible exhaust catalyst blockage

NB: to stop the vibration get new ignition coils
Re: Toyota Camry 05 Vibration by kunki90(m): 5:45pm On Feb 01, 2021
worlddpeace48:

Kindly check for the following

1. Check the belt tensioner connected to the ac compressor pulley for possible clearance
2. Check for defective spark plugs/ coils
3. Check for possible exhaust catalyst blockage

NB: to stop the vibration get new ignition coils

The Ignition coils and spark plug have been checked and still in good condition.
The belt tensioner is also fine.

3) Will check for exhaust blockage.
Thanks
Re: Toyota Camry 05 Vibration by kunki90(m): 8:23pm On Feb 01, 2021
Ideas please
Re: Toyota Camry 05 Vibration by ksmart027(m): 11:44pm On Feb 01, 2021
kunki90:

Things I have done:

Any ideas?
What do you mean by adjusting slow running, did you service or change your iacv.
Re: Toyota Camry 05 Vibration by kunki90(m): 12:18am On Feb 02, 2021
Just serviced the valve.
ksmart027:

What do you mean by adjusting slow running, did you service or change your iacv.
Re: Toyota Camry 05 Vibration by amedualiyu(m): 6:12pm On Feb 02, 2021
Please go for Scan if you have check engine. Air flow sensor, idle air control, spark plugs, clogged nozzles, clogged air filter, weak fuel pump, coil, low rmp, etc are all suspect.
Re: Toyota Camry 05 Vibration by Blackbishop(m): 3:34am On Feb 03, 2021
I once sealed with a Toyota like that all did was change the Solenoid for Camshaft Timimg. Ans serviced the Throttle body and viola all was well again
Re: Toyota Camry 05 Vibration by onegig(m): 4:13am On Feb 03, 2021
kunki90:

Things I have done:

Any ideas?

You sure those engine mounts are OEM?
Those fake ass Chinese knockoffs they sell in Nigerian markets aren't mounts but just rubber.

Had an issue with bad vibration after changing mounts on an Honda. Only thing that made me realise it was the mounts that were causing the vibrations at idle was that i took down notes and dates of changes and could walk back to when i started noticing the issues. Took me months to finally figure it out and fix it. Your Nigerian mech were all shouting change plug, throttle body is dirty, fuel pump and what not. I ordered a complete set of throttle body with all sets of Solenoid intact without improvement.

Most of those mounts are hydraulic mounts which can detect load and stabilise the car. You get a knockoff mount without the hydraulic and you would get such bad vibrations.

(1) (Reply)

Neatly Used Toyota Camry 2004 / Imaging Driving Self Charging Electric Car, African Guy Invented It / I Need Dashboard And Inner Vehincle Spray

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.