Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,519 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

The Tomatoes, Onions & Pepper I Bought For ₦100 In Dutsinma, Katsina - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Tomatoes, Onions & Pepper I Bought For ₦100 In Dutsinma, Katsina (83706 Views)

See The Tomatoes Someone Bought For N380 In Ghana / See The Pepper I Bought For N300 In Kano Today / See The Fried Ripe Plantain I Bought For ₦100 In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Tomatoes, Onions & Pepper I Bought For ₦100 In Dutsinma, Katsina by Nobody: 10:10pm On Feb 01, 2021
Ottyn01:
Bros you can lie ooh grin

Only that tomato and pepper is #200 here in Lagos not to talk of onions grin
you can get the same thing in kaduna for #70
Re: The Tomatoes, Onions & Pepper I Bought For ₦100 In Dutsinma, Katsina by Suspect33(m): 10:25pm On Feb 01, 2021
mariahAngel:

It could be true though...

Look at all these fresh vegetables we got for just #600 here in Lagos.
There were still some carrots left apart from the ones in the picture.
everything in that picture is 200 in Kano

1 Like

Re: The Tomatoes, Onions & Pepper I Bought For ₦100 In Dutsinma, Katsina by mikmash(m): 10:29pm On Feb 01, 2021
I remember Wednesday Market... � � The glory days of fudma. At the time of tomotoes glut a basket can go for a thousand.
Re: The Tomatoes, Onions & Pepper I Bought For ₦100 In Dutsinma, Katsina by Quaddafi29: 10:46pm On Feb 01, 2021
Fair bargain but who has that big toe - you or your ancestor?
Re: The Tomatoes, Onions & Pepper I Bought For ₦100 In Dutsinma, Katsina by thymm50(m): 10:47pm On Feb 01, 2021
gaius01:
Arrrrrrrh

You can get it at that rate in the North, no doubt.

One advantage of staying in the North is the availability of food stuffs and it's low price.

You can cook a soup of five hundred and it can last for 3-4 days in a roll. North is bless with food but thier problem is most of them here don't know how to cook. That is why you see malnutrition in thier kids..

I love North no doubt, but insecurity have change my choice. embarassed embarassed

And they use their cow to destroy farms in other parts of the country
Re: The Tomatoes, Onions & Pepper I Bought For ₦100 In Dutsinma, Katsina by SamgoldBaba: 10:48pm On Feb 01, 2021
Omihanifa:
It's very possible he bought those things for ₦100 because most vegetable sellers in the north always try to sell their perishable goods on time so as to prevent loss or damage because there are no storage facilities to preserve them.

Towards the evening time, meat too can be gotten cheap because the seller would rather sell it for cheap than allow it decay and start smelling unlike in the south were the sellers would store the unsold meat in a cooler and use iceblock to preserve it till the next day
You sef don tey for south
Re: The Tomatoes, Onions & Pepper I Bought For ₦100 In Dutsinma, Katsina by Nobody: 10:50pm On Feb 01, 2021
thymm50:

And they use their cow to destroy farms in other parts of the country

You can tell them that.
I was speaking relating to the post, not striking any tribal or geographical location difference.
Re: The Tomatoes, Onions & Pepper I Bought For ₦100 In Dutsinma, Katsina by Nobody: 10:52pm On Feb 01, 2021
mmsen:

Is it that they cannot cook or that they have far too many children?

The point is they can't cook well even when they have a family of few. Only few out of many can cook well.
Re: The Tomatoes, Onions & Pepper I Bought For ₦100 In Dutsinma, Katsina by Nobody: 10:55pm On Feb 01, 2021
Hammyaladin:
Where did you carry out this your research, ogbeni!!!!

Most northern people are skinny by nature. like the way most Yorubas are thick in size, even if they eat or north.

Same goes to Igala, idoma, and other tribes.

I didn't carry out the research cause I obviously stay in the North. Particularly to what you said, they are not fat but if it is food they have large amount of it than the South, west and east.

Thier problem as I have already stated is they can't cook well.
Re: The Tomatoes, Onions & Pepper I Bought For ₦100 In Dutsinma, Katsina by Nobody: 10:57pm On Feb 01, 2021
GeneralPula:

Audio insecurity..

Obviously you are blind. If you don't read news to know what is happening in the North try and watch news.

I pray you never be a victim !
Re: The Tomatoes, Onions & Pepper I Bought For ₦100 In Dutsinma, Katsina by Nobody: 10:59pm On Feb 01, 2021
Jeromejnr:

That insecurity bit happens in some exterior villages/settlement not cities.

Life is very stress free in the North. Somewhere like Lagos is just a killer place. People are dying faster and they don't know It.

That's true even some rural city they still invade there.
Re: The Tomatoes, Onions & Pepper I Bought For ₦100 In Dutsinma, Katsina by Ademoore07(m): 11:24pm On Feb 01, 2021
Ottyn01:

I expected it to be cheaper in the north. As for Lagos,I understood how those sellers do cheat u guys.

The first picture below is the tomato I bought for 50naira on Saturday OF WHICH 3 FRUITS HAD BEEN REMOVED. I repeat, I bought it for 50 naira in Ogbomoso here.

The second pix is just 30naira pepper + 20naira onion.

Re: The Tomatoes, Onions & Pepper I Bought For ₦100 In Dutsinma, Katsina by Patosky4U: 11:28pm On Feb 01, 2021
Kenny242:
This morning went to get "kayan Mia" and this is what I got for 100naira undecided

I don really miss Wednesday market for dutsin-ma. The place is really cool
Re: The Tomatoes, Onions & Pepper I Bought For ₦100 In Dutsinma, Katsina by alabi484(m): 11:32pm On Feb 01, 2021
mariahAngel:

It could be true though...

Look at all these fresh vegetables we got for just #600 here in Lagos.
There were still some carrots left apart from the ones in the picture.

All these no pass 200 to 300 here in jos

1 Like

Re: The Tomatoes, Onions & Pepper I Bought For ₦100 In Dutsinma, Katsina by toprealman: 11:32pm On Feb 01, 2021
Ottyn01:

He is not in Lagos, that's the truth. Hope this helps.
Re: The Tomatoes, Onions & Pepper I Bought For ₦100 In Dutsinma, Katsina by bullionman(m): 11:46pm On Feb 01, 2021
Ottyn01:

Tomato, pepper and onions are now very cheap in the north, I live there.
Re: The Tomatoes, Onions & Pepper I Bought For ₦100 In Dutsinma, Katsina by Yankee101: 12:52am On Feb 02, 2021
emillysmigael:
Spring onions kiss I miss those days in kankia and safana

Charanchi
Re: The Tomatoes, Onions & Pepper I Bought For ₦100 In Dutsinma, Katsina by Danzakidakura(m): 12:54am On Feb 02, 2021
emillysmigael:
Spring onions kiss I miss those days in kankia and safana
under which state ?
Re: The Tomatoes, Onions & Pepper I Bought For ₦100 In Dutsinma, Katsina by Danzakidakura(m): 12:58am On Feb 02, 2021
gaius01:
Arrrrrrrh

One advantage of staying in the North is the availability of food stuffs and it's low price.

You can cook a soup of five hundred and it can last for 3-4 days in a roll. North is bless with food but thier problem is most of them here don't know how to cook. That is why you see malnutrition in thier kids..what type of soup, stop to deh lie. Alehu, busheshen kubewa, karkashi, kuka or egusi, ogbono, vegetables hope no meat ?

I love North no doubt, but insecurity have change my choice. embarassed embarassed
Re: The Tomatoes, Onions & Pepper I Bought For ₦100 In Dutsinma, Katsina by P1PrinceKT(m): 2:45am On Feb 02, 2021
humilitypays:
If they like they should give it to you free of charge, we don't care. Tell Fulani herdsmen terrorists to leave southern forests.

Yes the constitution of Nigeria says Nigerians can live in any part of Nigeria they wish to, but not in government reserved forests that even indigenes are not allowed to enter.

Fulani herdsmen are not different from other Nigerians.

They should go to towns and cities where other Nigerians live and rent a house and live in peace and build ranches for their cattle business if they want to live in the south. Enough of disguising as herdsmen to carry out kidnappings, robberies, rape, murder and other heinous crimes in the south.

Worst of it all, most of these Fulani terrorists are not from Nigeria. Shame on Nigerian customs that cannot protect Nigerian borders against foreign terrorists

You're neither safe before now nor latter.
the Likes of Evans will surely take over.

After 2023 a comment like this that trends complete enviousness and jealousies hopefully would not have it's channel through this Forum.
Re: The Tomatoes, Onions & Pepper I Bought For ₦100 In Dutsinma, Katsina by Prolific007(m): 3:58am On Feb 02, 2021
No Doubts About The Price, Sometimes The Quantity Could Even Be More Than. I Miss School Days At Dutsin-ma...Where We Were Flogged And Arrested For Drinkin' Alcohol And Celebrating House Parties.

There's One Place We Used To Call Embassy Located Around Katangaroo...It Was An Eyesore Seeing Abandoned Children Recitin' The Koran Every Night After They've Spent The Day Begging

The Core North Should Wake Up Like The Sleeping Sons Of Jacob

1 Like

Re: The Tomatoes, Onions & Pepper I Bought For ₦100 In Dutsinma, Katsina by arent88(m): 4:08am On Feb 02, 2021
gaius01:
Arrrrrrrh

You can cook a soup of five hundred and it can last for 3-4 days in a roll. North is bless with food but thier problem is most of them here don't know how to cook. That is why you see malnutrition in thier kids..

do you realise you are not the only that lives or has stayed in the north before, what you wrote up there is a blatant lie. 500 naira soup for 3 days
Re: The Tomatoes, Onions & Pepper I Bought For ₦100 In Dutsinma, Katsina by akilo1: 5:30am On Feb 02, 2021
[quote author=LALAONE post=98648699]

You forgot to add these too, kind sir, your hatred filled scumheart and ignorance, there are worthy of mention too sir [/grow up young man
Re: The Tomatoes, Onions & Pepper I Bought For ₦100 In Dutsinma, Katsina by Dozie32(m): 5:38am On Feb 02, 2021
Ottyn01:

He's not lying, I served in the North (Kaduna). Those things he even bought is too small..
Re: The Tomatoes, Onions & Pepper I Bought For ₦100 In Dutsinma, Katsina by omarithmetics: 6:08am On Feb 02, 2021
sherylbaky:
Na so things cheap for dat side esp our local foodstuffs. I miss those d0ays in Kankara
I did my nysc in kankara too, small world
Re: The Tomatoes, Onions & Pepper I Bought For ₦100 In Dutsinma, Katsina by bewla(m): 6:41am On Feb 02, 2021
padi94:
Is it many or small.. talk don't sit on d fence... We don't live there with you
This is not up to what I get for #100 in oke aro
Re: The Tomatoes, Onions & Pepper I Bought For ₦100 In Dutsinma, Katsina by Nobody: 7:10am On Feb 02, 2021
gaius01:

I didn't carry out the research cause I obviously stay in the North. Particularly to what you said, they are not fat but if it is food they have large amount of it than the South, west and east.

Thier problem as I have already stated is they can't cook well.
Say the poor ones amongst the northerners, that I'll agree.

And we all know that eating protein in Nigeria amongst people who arn't bouyant is relatively seldom.
Re: The Tomatoes, Onions & Pepper I Bought For ₦100 In Dutsinma, Katsina by Nobody: 7:19am On Feb 02, 2021
Hammyaladin:
Say the poor ones amongst the northerners, that I'll agree.

And we all know that eating protein in Nigeria amongst people who arn't bouyant is relatively seldom.

Lol you ain't in the North.. I have seen farmers who farm bean in large quantities so protein or other balance diet is not a problem. Do care to know how they cook beans and rice? They don't per boil the rice neither the beans they combine all and put in the pot. Increase the fire, when the food is read they serve it to thier kids. How on earth can food like that enhance their nutrition? You see food is not the problem but how they cook it..

75% of okro farm by them are use by others tribes in the North. They can't produce a nice soup, they will cut the okro and use it to cook soup.

This people are farmers, how about egusi seeds, they send it to the east and west than they cook it, why because they don't know how to cook it and they are not ready to learn.

Alot of things going up here !! So is not about the quantity of food.
Re: The Tomatoes, Onions & Pepper I Bought For ₦100 In Dutsinma, Katsina by Nobody: 7:26am On Feb 02, 2021
arent88:
do you realise you are not the only that lives or has stayed in the north before, what you wrote up there is a blatant lie. 500 naira soup for 3 days

I don't like people who open thier mouth to talk without vetting. Let me quickly make a list for you.

2OO okro
5O pepper
5O vegetables
1OO fish dry or fry any one
1OO spices for cooking soup.

Total = 5OO.

This is something I have done personally here..
So what exactly are you driving at?
And this soup can be enough for me 3-4 days.
Re: The Tomatoes, Onions & Pepper I Bought For ₦100 In Dutsinma, Katsina by LALAONE(m): 7:31am On Feb 02, 2021
[quote author=akilo1 post=98655037][/quote]

After you sir
Re: The Tomatoes, Onions & Pepper I Bought For ₦100 In Dutsinma, Katsina by AlphaStyles(m): 7:53am On Feb 02, 2021
When it comes to food in the north it is cheap and plentiful
Re: The Tomatoes, Onions & Pepper I Bought For ₦100 In Dutsinma, Katsina by nonhuman(m): 8:09am On Feb 02, 2021
This is just 50 naira in aba right now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Picture Of A $25.75 Rice That I Bought In Chicago US / Have You Seen This Lucifer Biscuit? (pictures) / Ram With 5 Horns Sold At A Market In Lagos Ahead Of Sallah Celebration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.