Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi (30274 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Calls Okowa 'Our Incoming Vice President' (Video) / Mali Coup: Jonathan, Other West African Leaders Arrive In Bamako / Jonathan Calls Gbenga Daniel, Begs Him Not To Leave PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by IamHeWrites: 6:24pm On Feb 01, 2021
Nigeria’s former President Goodluck Jonathan has called for a return to democratic rule following a military coup in Myanmar, Igbere TV reports.

The country’s military seized power after detaining Counsellor Aung San Suu Kyi and other democratically elected leaders.

In a tweet on Monday, Mr Jonathan urged the military to release the counsellor and return the country to democratic rule.

“I call for the unconditional release of Myanmar’s democratically elected leader, Aung San Suu Kyi.

“I stand in solidarity with democracy all over the world, and call for a return to constitutional order in Myanmar,” he said.

https://twitter.com/GEJonathan/status/1356252417474633734?s=20

Meanwhile, the top army commander has declared a one-year state of emergency.

The move follows a landslide win by Ms Suu Kyi’s party in an election the army claims was marred by fraud.

Suu Kyi, in a letter written in preparation for her impending detention, urged her supporters to “not accept this” and “protest against the coup”.

The military has already announced replacements for a number of ministers.

A 25-year-old resident, who pleaded anonymity, told the BBC: “Waking up to learn your world has been completely turned upside down overnight was not a new feeling, but a feeling that I thought that we had moved on from, and one that I never thought we’d be forced to feel again.”

8 Likes

Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by Nobody: 7:11pm On Feb 01, 2021
Lol... Suu Kyi, the hypocrite... All these activists eh, involve them for governance small, you go see their real colors... You supported the draconian and brutal military to wage war against the Rohingya Muslims... Instead of speaking out, you either denied or supported their evil atrocities! You evil bastards! You persecuted thousands of innocent Muslims, forcing them out of northwestern Myanmar in your vicious 2016 and 2017 genocidal campaign of ethnic cleansing!

Goodluck Jonathan should allow them carry their cross and deal with their shit... The wrath of God Almighty is upon them...

May God help us all.

111 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by ShackWes(f): 7:15pm On Feb 01, 2021
which country be Myanmar again ?
I'm sure still better than Nigeria

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by Mayng01(m): 7:42pm On Feb 01, 2021
Don’t worry, why are you people rushing na! Biden will soon call for the unconditional release of bubu after he own don happen. Shameless thieves, ethnic bigot & dumb-brute tyrant

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by Mitsurugi(m): 7:42pm On Feb 01, 2021
Is that how you'll call for the release of Buhari, Femi Adesina or Lai Mohammed. Bia Jona, keep kwayet! angry

Even the devil will vex if Lai is released. Imagine a human being contesting with Satan for the title "Father of all liars" Haba! shocked

24 Likes

Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by LyfeJennings(m): 7:42pm On Feb 01, 2021
SilverNorGold:
Lol... Suu Kyi, the hypocrite... All these activists eh, involve them for governance small, you go see their real colors... You supported the draconian and brutal military to wage war against the Rohingya Muslims... Instead of speaking out, you either denied or supported their evil atrocities! You evil bastards! You persecuted thousands of innocent Muslims, forcing them out of northwestern Myanmar in your vicious 2016 and 2017 genocidal campaign of ethnic cleansing!

Goodluck Jonathan should allow them carry their cross and deal with their shit... The wrath of God Almighty is upon them...

May God help us all.

God no dey sleep

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by bewla(m): 7:42pm On Feb 01, 2021
Bros live matter for Mathew
Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by oluwasegun007(m): 7:43pm On Feb 01, 2021
Has bubu said anything about this....

Ohhhh...is he back from his home visit

1 Like

Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by Neddstark: 7:43pm On Feb 01, 2021
Uncle Jona, Nigeria and the world respects you but at this moment, you need to learn to keep mute. Every country has a right to their future. UAE has no democracy but has been progressing for decades.
If I were you, I will be like Ned Nwoko, get myself a fresh damsel and enjoy the rest of my retirement.

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by BigDawsNet: 7:43pm On Feb 01, 2021
She lost the World Respect when she defend the Army's in Rohingya Genocide Case...

Military is taking over for a year, just hope they release her and let her leave .... probably seek asylum in another country

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by princeade86(m): 7:43pm On Feb 01, 2021
Good one gej

1 Like

Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by Brendaniel: 7:43pm On Feb 01, 2021
Jonathan and diplomacy, Oga Jona you no understand their matter for there o, my prayer is whatever will help the people there to put them in right path is welcomed...

2 Likes

Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by Cholls(m): 7:43pm On Feb 01, 2021
My brothers abeg tell Baba Gej to call for Buhari we're tired...we no do again!

2 Likes

Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by Nobody: 7:44pm On Feb 01, 2021
Jonathan d gentle man is a failure, although he is better than buhari ,Nigeria deserves better than both

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by Seniorwriter(m): 7:44pm On Feb 01, 2021
Loud it....
There is no compromise to Democracy.
Proactivity Leads To Productivity!!!!

We Moooove

@SeniorWriter
Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by EmekaBlue(m): 7:44pm On Feb 01, 2021
grin

Funny.
Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by oluwaseyi0: 7:44pm On Feb 01, 2021
Nice one oga jona
But I was also expecting your strong warning for Donald Trump when he was doing anyhow

2 Likes

Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by inoki247: 7:44pm On Feb 01, 2021
Country no dey ever finish for this world which one be Mayanma again

6 Likes

Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by mogbeyiteren: 7:44pm On Feb 01, 2021
Jonathan which one be your own for inside

7 Likes

Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by Oyiboman69: 7:44pm On Feb 01, 2021
This cannot happen in naija
Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by GreatOlu1: 7:44pm On Feb 01, 2021
Oshey.
By the power conferred in Mr Ex President, oya release the Suu Kyi
Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by Ejlove4u(m): 7:45pm On Feb 01, 2021
staying in this unknown country will be better off than Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by Goodnuel: 7:46pm On Feb 01, 2021
They are just going to listen to him?

Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by CheedyJ(m): 7:46pm On Feb 01, 2021
You can’t call for a better governance in your country .. be there & be forming global peace ambassador...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by Fmghewzy(m): 7:46pm On Feb 01, 2021
ShackWes:

Shut up!!

Every country is better than Nigeria naa,why don't you go to Pakistan or Afghanistan.

In fact Syria will be the best for you

14 Likes

Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by Deserea: 7:47pm On Feb 01, 2021
This year and wahala just be like Dangote and blanket wey no dey cover n.yash finish.

8 Likes

Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by alingo2013(m): 7:47pm On Feb 01, 2021
Myanmar has being living under the shadow of the military since 2010 when they last military government was over turned but with the help of China they military gained influence and military men held key position in the government, when attempt came to cut them off they performed a coup,

Lesson to Nigeria

Military men powers should end in the barracks

To much Power corrupts

4 Likes

Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by Jeffyblaq(m): 7:47pm On Feb 01, 2021
As what?

If the demo is not crazy enough why not try something else..

Same should be done in any thiefing democratic government.

Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by Fvckyouall: 7:47pm On Feb 01, 2021
ShackWes:

No they are shit ass poor like the north, their houses look like huts and the good houses use those old rusted zinc roofs I have some friends there

2 Likes

Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by Oharina(m): 7:47pm On Feb 01, 2021
ShackWes:
It better than nigeria na for sure. Myanmar known as Burma befor

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi by Fvckyouall: 7:47pm On Feb 01, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos House Of Assembly Dares Ambode, Orders PSP To Resume Work / Muaz Magaji Deletes Post Celebrating Taliban After Backlash / Navy Confirms Delivery Of Yatch, Faces Payment Crisis Over NASS Stand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.