Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,811 members, 7,806,279 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? (18800 Views)

Gabriel Uzoma's Girlfriend Hired Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms To Kill Him / Police, Army, DSS Arrested Kidnappers With Military Uniforms In Plateau State / Criminals In Military Uniforms Kill Fulani Herdsmen & Cows In Nasarawa (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? by OdogwuBlog: 6:04am On Feb 03, 2021
kindlyheart:
Happy new month lovely nl members.

I ended the month of January on a sad note. My two phones were Joel Osteen Prayer Request forcefully taken by armed robbers in a military uniform, a stone throw away from a military check point on Benue - Enugu road (at alade).

I don't know how to contact the relevant authorities so that is why i came here.

Even if I wont get back my phone, I'm willing to give the IMIE and other relevant infos to the Nigerian authority to use in tracing and fishing out the criminals.

Sorry for the bad grammar and other things. I have been relegated from a smartphone to a feature phone.

Mods pls help a brother. It is me today, God forbid it be ur dear one tommorow.
Re: Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? by Jlow2: 6:33am On Feb 03, 2021
Those set of armed robbers has been operating at same spot for years, I lost my valuables to them in 2020 February, just lyk 20mins drive to alaide junction, dey robbed 3 luxurious bus that day, and the funny thing was that there was a military check point lyk 1km away and when we told them they said "shey una say una wan go Biafra", just avoid night travels in Nigeria, believe there is security in Nigeria at your peril.

1 Like

Re: Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? by samson15(m): 9:41am On Feb 03, 2021
kindlyheart:

I ended the month of January on a sad note. My two phones were forcefully taken by armed robbers in a military uniform, a stone throw away from a military check point on Benue - Enugu road (at alade).

I don't know how to contact the relevant authorities so that is why i came here.

Even if I wont get back my phone, I'm willing to give the IMIE and other relevant infos to the Nigerian authority to use in tracing and fishing out the criminals.

Sorry for the bad grammar and other things. I have been relegated from a smartphone to a feature phone.

Can you get in touch with me. I am a journalist and will like to speak to you on this. Sent you something in your inbox already. Kindly reply ASAP.

Thanks
Re: Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? by kindlyheart: 11:34am On Feb 03, 2021
samson15:

Can you get in touch with me. I am a journalist and will like to speak to you on this. Sent you something in your inbox already. Kindly reply ASAP.

Thanks
I will get back to you. i dont have the necesary info to login into the email now. b4 a week time.
Re: Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? by kindlyheart: 11:38am On Feb 03, 2021
Jlow2:
Those set of armed robbers has been operating at same spot for years, I lost my valuables to them in 2020 February, just lyk 20mins drive to alaide junction, dey robbed 3 luxurious bus that day, and the funny thing was that there was a military check point lyk 1km away and when we told them they said "shey una say una wan go Biafra", just avoid night travels in Nigeria, believe there is security in Nigeria at your peril.
things will be fine and they will surely reap what they been sowing.
Re: Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? by Thomthom(m): 11:45am On Feb 03, 2021
Oxtertee:
Report to the appropriate authorities (NA) coz it might be hard for police to help u retrieve your phones from a serving soldier.
Why did you say so.. But OP said they were armed robbers with military uniform
Re: Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? by Oxtertee(m): 1:22pm On Feb 03, 2021
Thomthom:
Why did you say so.. But OP said they were armed robbers with military uniform

I taught he was referring to them as thief in army uniform coz they collected his mobiles, but if they are real robbers, he should go to police asap for tracking.
Re: Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? by TGM2015: 5:26pm On Feb 03, 2021
Lovexme:

I'm not sure. I only know my password has to be entered before the phone can be used.
Forget about password, if the password is on the SIM, inserting a new SIM will do the magic. If it was on the phone, it needs only formatting/flashing.

Now to get your phone back is easy once there is an active SIM card inserted in the phone. Network providers can help with the number using a particular phone number once the IMEI is provided.

So, Police or DSS after establishing that a phone was actually lost, they requested for the phone IMEI, get court order and present it to all telecommunications companies to get the number using the IMEI. Once one of the network providers get back to them, they will track the number, get the location and arrest the user.

The user can only be free, if only he can provide the identity of the seller/giver or must agreed that s/he sold/giver him the phone. If not, the user must present evidence of purchase like receipt issued by the seller or electronic transfer stating clearly in the description that it was a purchase for the phone.

So, if one is buying a used phone, bank transfer is safer but must be sure the account belongs to the person selling it for you and you clear state "purchase of second hand *phone* *phone model* (eg Nokia 5.2)" plus any useful info.
Re: Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? by Kennyfancy(m): 11:20pm On Feb 03, 2021
kindlyheart:

I ended the month of January on a sad note. My two phones were forcefully taken by armed robbers in a military uniform, a stone throw away from a military check point on Benue - Enugu road (at alade).

contact us on whatsapp
Re: Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? by Lovexme(m): 4:47pm On Feb 04, 2021
TGM2015:

Forget about password, if the password is on the SIM, inserting a new SIM will do the magic. If it was on the phone, it needs only formatting/flashing.

Now to get your phone back is easy once there is an active SIM card inserted in the phone. Network providers can help with the number using a particular phone number once the IMEI is provided.

So, Police or DSS after establishing that a phone was actually lost, they requested for the phone IMEI, get court order and present it to all telecommunications companies to get the number using the IMEI. Once one of the network providers get back to them, they will track the number, get the location and arrest the user.

The user can only be free, if only he can provide the identity of the seller/giver or must agreed that s/he sold/giver him the phone. If not, the user must present evidence of purchase like receipt issued by the seller or electronic transfer stating clearly in the description that it was a purchase for the phone.

So, if one is buying a used phone, bank transfer is safer but must be sure the account belongs to the person selling it for you and you clear state "purchase of second hand *phone* *phone model* (eg Nokia 5.2)" plus any useful info.

Thank you for the detailed info.

I called the police station and I was told they are still tracking it. No sim has been inserted yet. I'm just tired.
Re: Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? by Blastedholligan: 11:31pm On Feb 10, 2021
Macphenson:
Yes it's very possible.
I helped someone whose phone was stolen in church over the weekend.

Just go to a police station with the phone pack and give it to them. You will pay like #30k, and they will easily track the phone.

I wanted to even open a thread and warn folks not to ever buy phone carelessly.

As I understand the phone was caught with the buyer and the seller absconded.
can you help me please? They just robbed me this night
Re: Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? by Macphenson: 4:00am On Feb 11, 2021
Blastedholligan:
can you help me please? They just robbed me this night

Go to the nearest police station and report, they will surely assist you.
Re: Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? by Blastedholligan: 5:45am On Feb 11, 2021
Macphenson:

Go to the nearest police station and report, they will surely assist you.
even if the phone is switched off? Cos it seems it's switched off
Re: Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? by Macphenson: 5:51am On Feb 11, 2021
Blastedholligan:
even if the phone is switched off? Cos it seems it's switched off

Yes , the switching off may be as a result of disposing your Sim card. Probably another Sim card is in the phone now but it will be tracked.

I hope you have the phone pack to prove you are the real owner.
Re: Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? by Blastedholligan: 3:21pm On Feb 11, 2021
Macphenson:

Yes , the switching off may be as a result of disposing your Sim card. Probably another Sim card is in the phone now but it will be tracked.

I hope you have the phone pack to prove you are the real owner.
yes. I've gone to the Police and they assured me they'll get the culprit. I'm just hoping they've not tampered with my phone o. The painful thing is they'll have to format it to gain access and I have alot if files in it. Chai
Re: Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? by Kevinclerk12: 1:07pm On Feb 12, 2021
Yes they can use your phone to trace armed robbers on military uniforms police can trace your phone but they charge some money for it. we provide to our customers the different flavors of vapers like black ice, Mathon Mojito Pink man etc for others flavors u can visit our website Vape In Dundee
Re: Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Dec 19, 2021
Lovexme:
It's been 10 days since my phone got stolen. I reported at the station closest to me and paid for tracking all on the same day. Until today, they're still tracking it.

I was told the thief has to put a sim in the phone before its location can be gotten. I'd already locked the phone via Mi cloud and the bootloader is still locked.

I don't know what my chances are of ever retrieving my phone. It's a Mi 9T phone.
How is a xiaomi phone locked and what will the lock do ?
Re: Can They Use My Phone To Trace Armed Robbers In Military Uniforms? by Lovexme(m): 9:58am On Dec 20, 2021
LagosInter:

How is a xiaomi phone locked and what will the lock do ?

Log in into your mi account on the web and you can lock the lost phone from there.

If the phone is locked, nothing can ideally be done on the phone unless you input your password.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bandits Kidnap 50 On Tegina-Minna Road Rafi Niger State / Igbinedion University Student Stabs Roomate Over Blouse. / Thugs Beat Mother, Smash Baby Against The Floor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.