Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

How To Solve The Problem Of Inadequate Oxygen In Our Hospitals. - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How To Solve The Problem Of Inadequate Oxygen In Our Hospitals. (250 Views)

Solve Bleached &burnt Skin, Acne& Pimples By Exfolaition- Free Whatsapp Training / Lets Talk About Your Skincare Issues Here And Possible Ways To Solve It / Tired Of Inadequate Power Supply! Have Access To Free International Sponsor Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Solve The Problem Of Inadequate Oxygen In Our Hospitals. by Ambcompanyng: 8:56pm On Feb 01, 2021
Sometime in December 2019, on a Tuesday afternoon, my friend walked into my office and told
me about a Coronavirus. The virus is now known as severe acute respiratory
syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), and causes a disease called COVID-19 (short for
coronavirus disease 2019). She said it was a very deadly virus and it was spreading rapidly, all
the way from China.
It was the first time I heard about the virus.
Well, I discarded the idea of it being a big deal. I thought to myself, “why and how would a virus
that originated far far away in China spread all the way, and even get to Lagos?”
I just didn’t see the need to take the piece of information serious, because I felt we’d never have
to deal with it here in Nigeria.
I felt it wasn’t going to be half as serious as the Ebola virus, so I brushed off the idea and carried
on with my normal life.
Fast-forward to 3 months later, the whole world was “shook”! countries were declaring
lockdown, safety measures were being put in place everywhere; event venues, recreation
centers, malls, schools and even religious gatherings were shut down, everyone was on the
edge. The whole world was affected, I was so bothered, all I could think of was how my life
would end if this virus were to actually breakout in Lagos, Nigeria.
Newsflash, it did break out in Lagos, and I’m not dead yet! Haha. Thankfully, we’ve been able to
handle it here in Nigeria, and we’re doing well, but we can do better, a lot better.
What we’re dealing with right now is an ACUTE RESPIRATORY ILLNESS in humans, capable
of producing severe symptoms and in some cases death, especially in older people and those
with underlying health conditions. It was originally identified in Wuhan, China in 2019 and was
declared a pandemic in 2020.
An acute respiratory infection is an infection that may interfere with NORMAL BREATHING. It
can affect just your upper respiratory system which starts at your sinuses and ends at your
vocal chords, or just your lower respiratory system, which starts at your vocal chords and ends
at your lungs.
This infection is particularly dangerous for children, older adults, and people with immune
system disorders.
Obviously breathing involves the intake of oxygen and output of carbon dioxide, so the bottom
line is, the COVID-19 affects the breathing capacity of some infected symptomatic people,
meaning that the infected person would need oxygen therapy to survive.
In a country like Nigeria, which has a very poor healthcare system, the chances of survival for a
covid-19 patient are relatively lower than that of a patient in a more developed country, or in a
country that has invested more into its healthcare sector and can afford to do more about the
wellbeing of its citizens.

In Lagos, Nigeria the demand for oxygen is definitely higher than the supply, due to the fact that
there is a steady rise in the number of cases being recorded, so these patients need to have
very quick and easy access to more oxygen.
Oxygen is very basic in the treatment of the illness caused by the corona virus (COVID-19). It
will help in normalizing, to an extent, the breathing of the patient, and is the first thing
administered to whoever is down with the virus.
The problem however is that most healthcare providers don’t have enough oxygen supply to go
round, or the timing could be very poor. Oxygen is so crucial to the survival of the patient, which
means that he or she could die in a couple of minutes if oxygen isn’t delivered on time.
Now let’s take a moment to imagine, if a solution already exists in Lagos.
A solution, a proper solution to this problem.
Must be nice, right? I thought so too.
One that provides oxygen, other emergency services to patients, hospitals and healthcare
providers who need them, just in time.
A service through which you could buy oxygen in Lagos from the comfort of your home,
workplace, or even on an accident scene and it will be delivered to you as fast as you can
imagine!
Okay, I know what you’re thinking right now, “it doesn’t exist here” right? Well, what if I tell you it
does exist?
The Ambulance Company, is at the forefront of providing patients, healthcare providers and
hospitals with oxygen and other healthcare services.
Launched in 2019, we’ve been able to save lives, help hospitals and healthcare providers save
lives and solve the problem created by lack of availability of oxygen in emergency situations.
Are you in Need of Oxygen in Lagos? Or you know someone in Need of Oxygen in Lagos? The
Ambulance Company has got you covered.

Call +2349155556030, +2349155556040 or +2349155556070 to speak with a representative.

(1) (Reply)

How Did You Feel After Shaving Your Beards That's Grown Thicker Overtime / Classy Ankara Designs Watch Http://evolterr.com/6p3x / How To Make Perfect Gathers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.