Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

Computer Engineering Vs Civil Engineering - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Computer Engineering Vs Civil Engineering (2198 Views)

Is Further Mathematics Compulsory To Study Computer Engineering? / Computer Science And Computer Engineering: What Are The Differences? / Moses Adebowale Ogunbiyi Slumps And Dies (UNIOSUN Civil Engineering Dept HOD) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Computer Engineering Vs Civil Engineering by Mahmuday123: 9:25pm On Feb 01, 2021
Hello I would be writing my Jamb this year and I am stuck choosing between computer vs civil engineering I would like to know which has more scope in Nigeria
Re: Computer Engineering Vs Civil Engineering by Lordsagna: 9:41pm On Feb 01, 2021
your life your decision...my opinion go for computer engineering.
Re: Computer Engineering Vs Civil Engineering by Mahmuday123: 10:18pm On Feb 01, 2021
Lordsagna:
your life your decision...my opinion go for computer engineering.
why do you think so
Re: Computer Engineering Vs Civil Engineering by ArewaWife(m): 10:58pm On Feb 01, 2021
Computer. It's easier to get good paying jobs without connection as a computer engineer and civil. They will just use you to construct everything and wont pay well claiming they haven't released funds for the contract. And you can easily travel out to work abroad with computer engineering.
Re: Computer Engineering Vs Civil Engineering by Mahmuday123: 11:52pm On Feb 01, 2021
ArewaWife:
Computer. It's easier to get good paying jobs without connection as a computer engineer and civil. They will just use you to construct everything and wont pay well claiming they haven't released funds for the contract. And you can easily travel out to work abroad with computer engineering.
tnx
Re: Computer Engineering Vs Civil Engineering by aysnoopy(m): 4:16am On Feb 02, 2021
Pray for God's direction.
I studied civil engineering and it's a very good course.
If you see how much engineers are making, you won't even think twice before you choose civil engineering.
But everything also depends on connection to get a good job, especially in federal govt agencies like ministry of works and others.
So, pray for God direction
Also, you need to be very sound in calculation of you want to achieve a good grade in civil engineering.
. Goodluck
Re: Computer Engineering Vs Civil Engineering by Mahmuday123: 1:36pm On Feb 02, 2021
aysnoopy:
Pray for God's direction.
I studied civil engineering and it's a very good course.
If you see how much engineers are making, you won't even think twice before you choose civil engineering.
But everything also depends on connection to get a good job, especially in federal govt agencies like ministry of works and others.
So, pray for God direction
Also, you need to be very sound in calculation of you want to achieve a good grade in civil engineering.
. Goodluck
yes I am good in calculations and physics but I am bad in drawing
Re: Computer Engineering Vs Civil Engineering by sreamsense: 1:45pm On Feb 02, 2021
Pray for God's direction; the two are ok, but humanly speaking ( though maybe different from God's thought a times). Computer engineering is better except God tells you to go otherwise. With computer engineering, you can be making money from school if you are serious type and semi-business oriented person.

If you get relevant skills in hardware and software, you can easily get job as freelancers even if there is no job vacancies in the country. If you know how to develop mobile apps for android, iOS, desktops, web apps, embedded systems with automation and website development, you can easily create your own ecosystem and sell your products on Google play, iPhone market and hawaei market and make billions within short times.

With computer engineering, you can easily retire young after making much money provided you get contemporary relevant skills in it. After graduation if you do not get relevant skills to compete in modern IT world, sorry to disappoint you that you will be sent back to your village as poor as church rats ( may it not be your portion).

But if God tells you to go for civil engineering but you ignore and goes for computer engineering, sorry you already know the end result. If civil engineering is your God's given direction, contracts jobs will work to your favour even without bribing your way in and out.

With one multi-billion contract, you can easily use your profit to diversify to other businesses that will stabilize you financially. The two are good courses, set aside a day to pray to God about it if you believe in Him. For me, He has proven to me he exists, and at critical situation like this to set your foundation of life, seek Him with humble heart and 2/3 days fasting; He can come to your assistance
Regards

1 Like

Re: Computer Engineering Vs Civil Engineering by aysnoopy(m): 2:52pm On Feb 02, 2021
Mahmuday123:
yes I am good in calculations and physics but I am bad in drawing

Drawing is nothing something very serious in civil engineering. Since you're not going for architecture. You can just learn and improve yourself in engineering drawing. I'm not too good on drawing too but calculation, u av to be sound.

Wish you d best in Ur decision
Re: Computer Engineering Vs Civil Engineering by reccy(m): 8:22pm On Feb 02, 2021
Brother, though i don't know much of computer engineering, but one thing is certain, civil engineering is one of the few engineering that is working in nigeria today. You can look around you from building construction to railway construction (thanks to buhari) , to road construction. We've not talk about the prospect in Nigeria.

Well, reading from above comments, it will be hard to make the decision, if you intend travelling out after the course, go for computer engineering otherwise, bross, go for civil..... That's the only engineering that seems to be working in Nigeria.

Above all, seek the face of God. He alone knows best.
Re: Computer Engineering Vs Civil Engineering by Femzi8cul: 2:36pm On Jul 23, 2022
Wat are you saying so you're actually saying computer engineering is better than civil engineering
Re: Computer Engineering Vs Civil Engineering by Flamethehussler: 5:07pm On Jul 23, 2022
damnn Computer Engineering no cap

(1) (Reply)

Are Mermaids Real? / Ibb University Minna / If You Lost Ur Utme E-registration Slip, I Can Help Out To Get Ur Ume Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.