Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

Pls Help!!! Bankers opinion is needed urgently - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Pls Help!!! Bankers opinion is needed urgently (805 Views)

EFCC To Demand Bankers’ Asset Declaration Forms June 1 / CBN & Bankers Committee Suspends Lay-offs In Banks / How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help!!! Bankers opinion is needed urgently by NiklauseFred(m): 10:40pm On Feb 01, 2021
Pls guys I need ur help on some clarifications.
Bankers opinion will be well appreciated and also people that have received money from abroad before.
I met a friend on fb and he was my friend while we were in school before he left for turkey back in 2010.Now I got to have a chat with him and he said that he has built a house in the village and he wants to come around for Easter.
The problem now is that he wants to send me money from there to put things in other for the guys(old school friends that are still around;I'm currently in ph tho) but I bank with U.B.A,current account.He said that he will send the money on Friday,so I want to know if their will be any hindrances.

Pls guys ur opinion is needed.
N:B I'm not a scammer

He wants to send it from turkey to Nigeria(not a large amount of money tho)
Re: Pls Help!!! Bankers opinion is needed urgently by NiklauseFred(m): 10:42pm On Feb 01, 2021
Lalasticala
Rocktation
Farano
Re: Pls Help!!! Bankers opinion is needed urgently by Sonnobax15(m): 10:44pm On Feb 01, 2021
undecided
Nothing to be afraid of....I would have love to help you via the fact that I have a friend who presently works in eco bank, but that'd be tomorrow..

1 Like

Re: Pls Help!!! Bankers opinion is needed urgently by NiklauseFred(m): 10:48pm On Feb 01, 2021
Sonnobax15:
undecided
Nothing to be afraid of....I would have love to help you via the fact that I have a friend who presently works in eco bank, but that'd be tomorrow..

Ok
Thank you for ur help.
Can you give me feed back tomorrow?
Re: Pls Help!!! Bankers opinion is needed urgently by Sonnobax15(m): 10:49pm On Feb 01, 2021
NiklauseFred:

Ok Thank you for ur help. Can you give me feed back tomorrow?
yeah
Re: Pls Help!!! Bankers opinion is needed urgently by NiklauseFred(m): 10:50pm On Feb 01, 2021
Sonnobax15:
yeah

Thank you so much man
Re: Pls Help!!! Bankers opinion is needed urgently by Nazgul: 11:12pm On Feb 01, 2021
NiklauseFred:
Bankers opinion will be well appreciated and also people that have received money from abroad before.
I met a friend on fb and he was my friend while we were in school before he left for turkey back in 2010.Now I got to have a chat with him and he said that he has built a house in the village and he wants to come around for Easter.
The problem now is that he wants to send me money from there to put things in other for the guys(old school friends that are still around;I'm currently in ph tho) but I bank with U.B.A,current account.He said that he will send the money on Friday,so I want to know if their will be any hindrances.

If he sends the money directly into your current account, the bank will deduct close to 40% of the total amount as charges.

What I mean is that if he sends you $200. Originally what you should collect in naira based on exchange rate should be about 94k or more. But if he sends it directly to your bank account, what your credit alert will read will be about 70k, meaning over 20something thousand will be lost to bank charges.

What I will advise you to do in order to collect your complete money is to open a dollar account with your bank, make sure you explain to them that the account is specifically for receiving money from abroad so that they'll reduce the $50 minimum balance to like $5.

So when he's sending the money, tell him to send it through Western Union, then you can now go to your bank and request for Western Union form and tell them you want to collect it in dollars, they'll ask you if you have a Dollar account with them to which you'll reply yes, and you will be asked to fill the account number on the Western Union form.

When you're done with the filling and confirmation, the money will be given to you in dollars. Then you can look for your nearest mallam (black market) and change it with them.

And when changing, don't give them your dollar until you've collected and counted the naira equivalence, cos some cunning mallams might exchange your dollar for a fake one, and return it back to you telling you that it's fake. You have to be very wise and smart. I guess you should already know that as a Nigerian.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Help!!! Bankers opinion is needed urgently by unmask: 12:50am On Feb 02, 2021
NiklauseFred:

safest bet is to use a money transfer agent....western union, moneygram etc......so if it is a scam it doesn't impact on your account

1 Like

Re: Pls Help!!! Bankers opinion is needed urgently by Nobody: 1:04am On Feb 02, 2021
Tell him to do western union for you and you can collect it in dollars in your UBA bank. I don't know why this is stress to you.
Re: Pls Help!!! Bankers opinion is needed urgently by NiklauseFred(m): 7:41am On Feb 02, 2021
Nazgul:

If he sends the money directly into your current account, the bank will deduct close to 40% of the total amount as charges.

What I mean is that if he sends you $200. Originally what you should collect in naira based on exchange rate should be about 94k or more. But if he sends it directly to your bank account, what your credit alert will read will be about 70k, meaning over 20something thousand will be lost to bank charges.

What I will advise you to do in order to collect your complete money is to open a dollar account with your bank, make sure you explain to them that the account is specifically for receiving money from abroad so that they'll reduce the $50 minimum balance to like $5.

So when he's sending the money, tell him to send it through Western Union, then you can now go to your bank and request for Western Union form and tell them you want to collect it in dollars, they'll ask you if you have a Dollar account with them to which you'll reply yes, and you will be asked to fill the account number on the Western Union form.

When you're done with the filling and confirmation, the money will be given to you in dollars. Then you can look for your nearest mallam (black market) and change it with them.

And when changing, don't give them your dollar until you've collected and counted the naira equivalence, cos some cunning mallams might exchange your dollar for a fake one, and return it back to you telling you that it's fake. You have to be very wise and smart. I guess you should already know that as a Nigerian.

I thought there're requirements to open a dom account?
Re: Pls Help!!! Bankers opinion is needed urgently by zoputan89113: 7:46am On Feb 02, 2021
: yeahThank you so much man
Re: Pls Help!!! Bankers opinion is needed urgently by seunny4lif(m): 2:34pm On Feb 02, 2021
I do send money to normal account in Nigeria from Transferwise or Acemoney and its never a problem but since the new rule by CBN.
I haven't tried because i don't understand how these law no works
Re: Pls Help!!! Bankers opinion is needed urgently by Nobody: 8:21pm On Feb 02, 2021
Tell him to use worldremit. Easy as ABC, it'll Land in your account
Re: Pls Help!!! Bankers opinion is needed urgently by Nazgul: 10:46pm On Feb 02, 2021
NiklauseFred:

I thought there're requirements to open a dom account?
Its the same requirements you used in opening your current account that will be required in opening the dollar account.

(1) (Reply)

7 Grants Small Businesses Should Check Out In 2021 / What Can I Learn To Teach? / Business Is Tough O, See What Happened To Us While Coming From Kastina.*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.