Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,734 members, 7,806,009 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:10 AM

Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! (35931 Views)

Installation Of Traffic Lights At The Omololu Olunloyo Airport Road in Ibadan / See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) / 5 Types Of Police Vehicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by VaselineCrew: 7:11am On Feb 02, 2021
Yesterday in Lekki, I saw upwards of 10 cars running a certain RED light at around Jakande area while I was waiting my light to turn GREEN.

What made this especially painful is that there was a squad of police right besides the traffic light. What were they doing? They were just sitting down and gisting on their pickup.

Can you imagine? In what other country will people run red lights right in front of police and the police will just be laughing with Ak47s in their hands? and it wasn't just one car, but multiple cars totally disregarding their RED lights.

Are we so primitive that we are now totally averse to Law and Order in this land? That the police won't even make an attempt to maintain traffic rules unless at their own convenience? Unless traffic is at a standstill via checkpoints? is that they only time police would do traffic work?

Imagine how dangerous it is to be driving with confidence because the light in front of you has turned GREEN, not knowing that a MANIAC is about to smash into you because he ran his RED light and worse still police doesn't give a flying fvk

I would have taken a picture and posted here, it was such a disgusting sight as some of the cars that ran red lights drove right past the police squad.

How can we have such a useless police squad that can't even GIVE CHASE? What good is a police squad if all they do is park their car at a junction and gist inside?

What good is that?

Oh my Nigeria...

God helps us!

59 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by VaselineCrew: 7:17am On Feb 02, 2021
YoonSung81:
Is like you just came to Lagos

bro, I was born and bred in Lagos, but also lived outside Nigeria for a while

It's just frustrating seeing laws broken and broken and broken and the enforcers just sitting down, literally.

I have no where else to voice out my complaints, it's just sad bro.

Do you know how many times someone has almost crushed me because they ran their red light as mine was green and they will just be laughing, I guess they know that there is no punishment whatsoever for their crimes, so they might as well laugh as they put everyone else in danger.

Some will even run through the RED light with GREAT speeds that you'd think their lights were green.

Accidents that could be easily avoided.

162 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by triple996(m): 7:18am On Feb 02, 2021
If the police had dealt with them you will be d wan that will kill police and shout end police angry angry

107 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by YoonSung81: 7:22am On Feb 02, 2021
VaselineCrew:

bro, I was born and bred in Lagos, but also lived outside Nigeria for a while

It's just frustrating seeing laws broken and broken and broken and the enforcers just sitting down, literally.

I have no where else to voice out my complaints, it's just sad bro.

Do you know how many times someone has almost crushed me because they ran their red light as mine was green and they will just be laughing, I guess they know that there is no punishment whatsoever for their crimes, so they might as well laugh as they put everyone else in danger.

Some will even run through the RED light with GREAT speeds that you'd think their lights were green.

Accidents that could be easily avoided.
Its not new to me sha, I see this impatient Danfos bypass Red light mostly, at VGC traffic light.

6 Likes

Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by VaselineCrew: 7:23am On Feb 02, 2021
triple996:
If the police had shot them you will be d wan that will kill police and shout end police angry angry

The don't have to shot them though.

Why go from zero enforcement all the way to draconian punishment?

What I'm saying is just be like a half decent country, just a half decent country, chai.

A half decent country with a police force that GIVES CHASE, PULLS PEOPLE OVER, WRITES TICKETS, IMPOUNDS VEHICLES, VERIFIES LICENSES ON THE SPOT...

Not a police force that either does nothing, or goes right to the extreme to shot people due to their laziness...

and they can shoot stubborn drivers that don't want to take a ticket with a STUN GUN, which every police officer in Nigeria should have at this point if we were a half decent country.

78 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by VaselineCrew: 7:26am On Feb 02, 2021
YoonSung81:
Its not new to me sha, I see this impatient Danfos bypass Red light mostly, at VGC traffic light.

Oh my gosh, EXACTLY! So you know!

We can try to overlook it, but how many things will we overlook in this country?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by Kriss216: 7:27am On Feb 02, 2021
Give Chase

When they crush innocent citizens, na you go still shout #EndPoliceBrutality.

Now, they're sitting in their van, minding their business, you're still not happy.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by PissfulProtester: 7:29am On Feb 02, 2021
I don't blame them. If they enforce, you pipo will still be the ones to come on social media to shout #end¶oliceButality. We must show the government that power belongs to the people..yen yen yen

18 Likes

Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by PissfulProtester: 7:29am On Feb 02, 2021
Kriss216:
Give Chase

When they crush innocent citizens, na you go still shout #EndPoliceBrutality.

Now, they're sitting in their van, minding their business, you're still not happy.
God bless you. E be like say na the same mind we get. Don't mind these hypocrites

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by Rugaria: 7:35am On Feb 02, 2021
The main problem with Nigeria is not the absence of good laws.. it is the unwillingness of the government and her institutions to vigorously enforce her laws. . What you noticed can only happen in Nigeria. It's in Nigeria that a man might commit murder, get arrested by the police, but still manage to get "bail" and subsequently evade justice! Many violent criminals get arrested and released at will in this country, so much so they become career criminals, aware that irrespective of their heineous crimes, they will still find a way to manipulate a broken system to wriggle out of jail if nabbed! And that's why crimes are high! The realisation that purnishment will NEVER be severe will always embolden vicious characters willing to take to crime..

8 Likes

Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by osamz007: 7:35am On Feb 02, 2021
triple996:
If the police had shot them you will be d wan that will kill police and shout end police angry angry

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING, ARE TRAFFIC OFFENDERS SHOT IN OTHER COUNTRIES.. let's be reasoning abeg

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by helinues: 7:35am On Feb 02, 2021
Pinshures or....
Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by badaru911: 7:36am On Feb 02, 2021
VaselineCrew:

Oh my gosh, EXACTLY! So you know!

We can try to overlook it, but how many things will we overlook in this country?
... You haven't stop for a red traffic light and patiently expecting it to turn green for almost an hour before realizing it that it's malfunctioning... One day you gonna be in that situation, what will you do.... Jump the light or wait....
Actually it's not good to disobey the traffic light.. But in this country, many things are crazy...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by triple996(m): 7:37am On Feb 02, 2021
VaselineCrew:

The don't have to shot them though.

Why go from zero enforcement all the way to draconian punishment?

What I'm saying is just be like a half decent country, just a half decent country, chai.

A half decent country with a police force that GIVES CHASE, PULLS PEOPLE OVER, WRITES TICKETS, IMPOUNDS VEHICLES, VERIFIES LICENSES ON THE SPOT...

Not a police force that either does nothing, or goes right to the extreme to shot people due to their laziness...

and they can shoot stubborn drivers that don't want to take a ticket with a STUN GUN, which every police officer in Nigeria should have at this point if we were a half decent country.
O.k I understand what you are saying
Dis ur moniker get as he b grin

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by capitalzero: 7:38am On Feb 02, 2021
Police do not know how to enforce laws peaceful. It is better they do nothing. Don't be surprised those drivers disobeying traffic laws are security agents or politicians.
Nigeria will remain a lawless nation until security agents, politicians and people in upper class start behaving well.

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by madridguy(m): 8:12am On Feb 02, 2021
During the era of Gov. Fashola, no one dares try nonsense but immediately Ambode took over, he scattered everything and the current governor his even burning everything.

Wish we can bring back Fashola.

15 Likes

Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by VaselineCrew: 8:47am On Feb 02, 2021
badaru911:

... You haven't stop for a red traffic light and patiently expecting it to turn green for almost an hour before realizing it that it's malfunctioning... One day you gonna be in that situation, what will you do.... Jump the light or wait....
Actually it's not good to disobey the traffic light.. But in this country, many things are crazy...

The lights I am referring to were not malfunctioning though.

It was clear for all road users to see that the lights were cycling normally.

2 Likes

Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by illitracy: 8:55am On Feb 02, 2021
in UAE running a red light cost 4000 AED which is 400k in naija. car will go to jail for 1 month. cameras do the work

#nothinggoodwillcomefromthedesert.

14 Likes

Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:27am On Feb 02, 2021
Some Lagosians/Nigerians are the most stubborn people on the face of earth.
They are preventing and protecting people from dying, but some heady and stubborn animals are here putting people's life in jeopardy.
Be the CHANGE you wanna see... periodt!

Munzy14:

Hypocrite!

If you own a car, and u have never used one way before in Nigeria, pick the pebble and stone the man.

Acting like say u holy pass online... Smh
We know you have been so used to breaking laws offline and online.
Breaking laws is now a norm to you and here you are justifying foolishness and incredulity.
Not everyone is like you, you know.
But continue, dem no dey telli person.
One day na one day......

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:27am On Feb 02, 2021
capitalzero:
Police do not know how to enforce laws peaceful. It is better they do nothing. Don't be surprised those drivers disobeying traffic laws are security agents or politicians.
Nigeria will remain a lawless nation until security agents, politicians and people in upper class start behaving well.
Lower class people nko, dem no dey break laws?

Next time, just say EVERY NIGERIAN , both upper and lower class should BE THE CHANGE that they want.
Simple Stuffs.
Call a spade a spade and not an Agricultural instrument.....okay?

No be so SilverNorGold?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by Nobody: 10:29am On Feb 02, 2021
KNow this right. As far as Nigerian police will not benefit in the case. They won’t stress thereself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by KunleyY19(m): 10:29am On Feb 02, 2021
When LASTMA was impounding vehicles some weeks ago an EndSars activist was calling LASG thieves. This Lagos na strong hand we need. That's why I miss BRF, law enforcement during his tenure was far better with heavier fines...

5 Likes

Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by Kingpele(m): 10:29am On Feb 02, 2021
Where is lasma
Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by Enudapan: 10:30am On Feb 02, 2021
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated
Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by Cti28(m): 10:30am On Feb 02, 2021
Are you just realizing by that Nigeria is a lawless country? A country where it's president broke the Covid19 protocol check signed into law.

To successfully live in Nigeria, one must occasionally display lawlessness, if not " pant go wear you"

2 Likes

Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by deepwater(f): 10:31am On Feb 02, 2021
It's only in Lagos you will see police, lastma, army, traffic light all controlling and directing traffic at the same time in the same junction.

I have seen police arresting drivers for passing through when the traffic light shows green, the driver offense was that the police has not asked the vehicle to move! Irrespective of what the traffic sunlight says....

Driving in Lagos should be considered extreme sports...

3 Likes

Re: Lagosians Running Traffic Lights Right In Front Of Police; Disgusting! by checkthis1990: 10:31am On Feb 02, 2021
Lawlessness.

Meanwhile,
Read on how to get an ecommerce website for 9500 naira in 24hrs with no deposit:

https://www.nairaland.com/6392312/no-deposit-how-get-ecommerce

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The 2 Corpers Who Died In Accident In Delta Pictured (Graphic Images) / Is Kuwait A Good Country To Hustle / Accident on 3rd Mainland Bridge, 2 Passengers Plunge Into Lagoon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.