Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,779 members, 7,802,399 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn (31894 Views)

SERAP Sues Tinubu For Not Publishing Spending Details Of N400bn Fuel Subsidy / UNEC Students Procure Refreshments Ahead Of Tomorrow's Election / Garba Shehu To Akeredolu: No State Authorised To Procure Automatic Weapons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by Dottore: 4:42pm On Feb 02, 2021
solmus:
cool

China Obi, the Philosophy graduate forming economist to his people

Our Brother the Health Minister from Edo State never said the amount or quantities he is purchasing, he never stated cost of logistics and storage.

Typical Ibo man feels he knows all, deals better and is smarter than the Edo minister,

empty barrel China Obi BSC philosophy, lecturing MD Doctor in Medicine on procurement of Vaccines

No wonder Buhari skips them in appointment and Nigerians never vote them

Oga forget about paper qualifications. The man Peter Obi that you are running down, apart from from his unmatched achievements as governor has proven track record of running successful conglomerate, and has many other accolades to his credit. The health minister can't measure up with him in business and logistics planning.

13 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by King44(m): 4:42pm On Feb 02, 2021
UncleHaba22:
Instead of buying 400bn own he will buy 150bn and add water

Sense will not kill this man grin grin
that is what the minister of health is capable of
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by rottennaija(m): 4:43pm On Feb 02, 2021
Esseite:

The bolded is the reason a lot of us are rooting for peter Obi...

The same way our railway construction is the most expensive in all of Africa despite being constructed on huge loans..

Rooting for who? A man who simple refuse to understand that we need 2 doses. In a country of about 200m people, 70% is 140m, that's 140m dose which we need 2 doses each.

Of course, we don't really know our population, it can be more than 200m people (definitely not less). If he is looking for 150b for 140m doses, when we need actually 280m, let him do the sum.

Its not everything you open your mouth.
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by delawal: 4:43pm On Feb 02, 2021
winterfell007:
Obi, the only prudent politician I can vouch for in the whole of Nigeria. He's very frugal with resources. The only governor to live the state government on credit instead of debt like most governors

U know him well. His records speaks for him . Those calling him names should show us who have come close to his antecedents

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by solmus: 4:43pm On Feb 02, 2021
CSTRR:
Peter Obi is who Buhari supporters think Buhari was.

Aka gum himself.

That is why he is my choice for president.

The waste is too much.

NNPC is spending Billions to run a refinery that can't refine one liter of fuel.

It can't happen under Peter Obi.

What are Peter Obi's land mark infrastructural achievements for 8 years on $100 per barrel monthly allocation

Please lecture us

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by CSTRR: 4:44pm On Feb 02, 2021
Frankest20:
Stop all these bragging. Wait until you become a president. Na so PMB brag until he is seeing it differently
Peter Obi has done It as governor.

He is unarguably the most frugal governor in the history of Nigeria.

I support politicians with track record of achievement.

Not empty oratory, vibes and insha Allah.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by Tundex911: 4:44pm On Feb 02, 2021
Na wetin Reno still dey talk about be this...

400billi

9ja ti tan jor
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by Jirehz(m): 4:45pm On Feb 02, 2021
solmus:
cool

Our Brother the Health Minister from Edo State never said the amount or quantities he is purchasing, he never stated cost of logistics and storage.

Typical Ibo man feels he knows all, deals better and is smarter than the Edo minister,

empty barrel China Obi BSC philosophy, lecturing MD Doctor in Medicine on procurement of Vaccines

If the minister failed to say all those things, then he’s a failure and shouldn’t be a minister.
What mr Obi has done is what we call TRANSPARENCY!

Who would you rather have as a minister?
Zombie

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by CSTRR: 4:45pm On Feb 02, 2021
solmus:

What are Peter Obi's land mark infrastructural achievements for 8 years on $100 per barrel monthly allocation

Please lecture us

Okay.
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by solmus: 4:45pm On Feb 02, 2021
Dottore:

Oga forget about paper qualifications. The man Peter Obi that you are running down, apart from from his unmatched achievements as governor has proven track record of running successful conglomerate, and has many other accolades to his credit. The health minister can't measure up with him in business and logistics planning.

What and what did he achieve in Anambra for 8 years.. I mean infrastructure

He runs business of his father, still invested his STATE FUND in his personal business while Anambra lacks road and infrastructure

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by lexy2014: 4:45pm On Feb 02, 2021
solmus:
cool

Is it by tribe that smartness is measured?

If it were by discipline, are u sure ehanire will no more about covid vaccine than bill gates?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by Moneywirer: 4:45pm On Feb 02, 2021
jrupa:
He just analytically made some vital solutions that shouldn't be thrown away. If the government really wants to improve on this Nation there are several cut down they should be doing at this stage. But another problem our Nation is facing with all due respect, is having a President that is not [/s]too sound[s] and being followed by several greedy individuals always ready to milk the Nation without considering the effects on the larger percentage of its citizens.

Not sound at all
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by CSTRR: 4:46pm On Feb 02, 2021
Jirehz:

If the minister failed to say all those things, then he’s a failure and shouldn’t be a minister.
What mr Obi has done is what we call TRANSPARENCY!

Who would you rather have as a minister?
Zombie
He is one of those osibanjo group of town criers.
Mr where were were.

Don't expect rationality from him.

6 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by Nobody: 4:46pm On Feb 02, 2021
RemiDogCare:
Buhari keeps blowing money

Why wouldn't he didn't work for it. Borrow and Blow.
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by Amumaigwe: 4:47pm On Feb 02, 2021
solmus:
cool

And Nigeria is now a great country... We deserve this Nigeria. No idiot should complain.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by rottennaija(m): 4:47pm On Feb 02, 2021
slowice:

This isn't funny.... We re paying triple the price for almost everything we get in Nigeria

If US are getting the vaccine at rate of $8 per dose, why should we run to India for one of $2. Besides, he said vaccines are sold at $2 dollars per dose, not Covid-19 vaccine, which is far expensive for the reason of scarcity.

Besides, the 40m doses he spoke about is not a gift. Nigeria will still pay for it. So how does he know the 400b isn't to cover those cost?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by djon78(m): 4:48pm On Feb 02, 2021
solmus:
cool

The level of ignorance you see on this forum, you begin to know the level of unintelligent fellows you have as country men and wonder why the nation is the way it is.

The China you are insulting, is it not the same country you go cap in hand begging for loan?

A man is giving a sense making suggestion in other for government to cut cost, you now turn it into tribalistic issue

With your type around
The rot in the country will continue

6 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by CSTRR: 4:49pm On Feb 02, 2021
NNPC is spending 6 billion to run a dead refinery.

6 whooping Billions under buhari's nose every year.

If you think 400 billion is the TRUE cost of vaccines, I have a bridge to sell you.

Crooks are plundering this country to the bones.

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by CSTRR: 4:52pm On Feb 02, 2021
djon78:

The level of ignorance you see on this forum, you begin to know the level of unintelligent fellows you have as country men and wonder why the nation is the way it is.

The China you are insulting, is it not the same country you go cap in hand begging for loan?

A man is giving a sense making suggestion in other for government to cut cost, you now turn it into tribalistic issue

With your type around
Oga, the guy is an osinbajo promoter.
All you wrote does not interest him.

You don't expect him to like somebody that disgraced his candidate in the debates and is a credible threat to osinbajo ambitions.

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by iokpebholo: 4:52pm On Feb 02, 2021
helinues:
Cheaper one from China right?

grin
he said India,abi ur brain no dey work
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by anonymous1759(m): 4:52pm On Feb 02, 2021
Good idea though only if he's sincere don't be surprised if this same Peter Obi do the opposite of he's in power. Oshiomole , Festus kayamo, Desmond Elloit etc are eye openers to what an average politician wound become in Nigeria.

sad
Esseite:

The bolded is the reason a lot of us are rooting for peter Obi...

The same way our railway construction is the most expensive in all of Africa despite being constructed on huge loans..
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by iokpebholo: 4:52pm On Feb 02, 2021
helinues:
Cheaper one from China right?

grin
he said India,abi ur brain no dey work??
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by Worksunlimited: 4:53pm On Feb 02, 2021
Esseite:

Give him to procure and distribute, you might be surprised to receive the vaccine in the comfort of your home.

Peter obi is a business man.. no business man goes into a business venture for free, talkless of an Igbo business man. he will make money off the procurement.

When a man starts to counter a contract vigorously, I will look at him and what he is offering as an alternative more closely..

No 1. Question will be, how effective is his alternative?

No. 2 Question can the alternative be of standard quality?

No. 3 question - Timeliness of delivery

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by solmus: 4:53pm On Feb 02, 2021
djon78:

With your type around

China Obi isn't an insult to China but an insult to Peter Obi's integrity.. even a dunce should get the joke

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by ThatEnuguboi: 4:54pm On Feb 02, 2021
adadike:
Peter Obi is one ex gov I can't stop loving especially when it comes to health issues. The mosquito repellent spray you freely sprayed in our homes in Anambra state is still effective till date. God bless you mightily sir
Are you in Anambra? If you won't mind we can meet in a public place
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by osusuallstars: 4:54pm On Feb 02, 2021
Peter obi always speak fact
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by jrupa(m): 4:54pm On Feb 02, 2021
Moneywirer:

Not sound at all
Na you talk am oh
Re: Peter Obi: N400bn Too Much For COVID-19 Vaccines. I Can Procure For N150bn by CSTRR: 4:55pm On Feb 02, 2021
Worksunlimited:

Peter obi is a business man.. no business goes into a business venture for free.. she will make money off the procurement
He will probably do it for free at least for his political ambitions.

Even if he would make a profit at 150billion, Imagine the obscene thievery being perpetuated at 400 billion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

List Of Top Nigerians Remanded In Kuje Prison / Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers / Ministerial List: Buhari May Retain Udoma, Lai Mohammed, Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.