Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,750 members, 7,806,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:48 AM

Do We Love God Or We Fear Him - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do We Love God Or We Fear Him (192 Views)

No God Is Greater Than Otem For Now !!! FEAR HIM Or Hug transformer !!! / How Powerful Is Satan? Must Christians Fear Him? Let's See / Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do We Love God Or We Fear Him by Fvckyouall: 2:09pm On Feb 02, 2021
I have been inquiring about this, do we believers from whatever religion love our God or we just fear him?.
Cause I can't see how I can genuinely love someone I have never seen with my own two eyes. I believe in him and respect him but love is a strong word.
For Christains and Muslims who say they love God tell me how do you love him? Do you love him or you are afraid what would happen if you don't act like you love him or follow him.
Cause I want to actually follow someone cause I love that person not cause I will burn in hell if I don't that only make him a ruler that instills fear.

Cc jesusjnr2020
Righteousness2
Muyettilaff
Antichristian
Xmuslim
Re: Do We Love God Or We Fear Him by Emary(f): 2:42pm On Feb 02, 2021
We love God in the way we love our parents who are both lovable and fearful in our eyes as they both provide us with good things and punish us when we go wrong.

Fvckyouall:
I have been inquiring about this, do we believers from whatever religion love our God or we just fear him?.
Cause I can't see how I can genuinely love someone I have never seen with my own two eyes. I believe in him and respect him but love is a strong word.
For Christains and Muslims who say they love God tell me how do you love him? Do you love him or you are afraid what would happen if you don't act like you love him or follow him.
Cause I want to actually follow someone cause I love that person not cause I will burn in hell if I don't that only make him a ruler that instills fear.

Cc jesusjnr2020
Righteousness2
Muyettilaff
Antichristian
Xmuslim
Re: Do We Love God Or We Fear Him by Righteousness2(m): 2:51pm On Feb 02, 2021
Do you Love GOD?
That's a deep Question and it's not about we! It's about you.
Do you Love GOD? It's not by mere words of yes or singing I love you JESUS.

Do you Love GOD?
You Can't Love God and disobey his Word
You Can't love God and hate his Word
You Can't Love GOD and Hate his People.
You Can't Love GOD and Put yourself or any other person First.
You Can't Love God and Love sin or support sin directly or indirectly!
You Can't Love GOD and hate People.
You Can't Love GOD and be silent when you see Evil.
You Can't Love God and feel cool with Sin
You Can't Love GOD and be silent seeing people departing without JESUS.
If You Love GOD, your life will mean little or Nothing to you. You are willing to Die for the Gospel.

The Fear of GOD is what keeps us from doing evil
The Fear of GOD is what will make you seek for Repentance once you notice you have fallen.

The Fear of GOD is what Propels you to give yourself to GOD and HIS Word

I can only Speak for Myself!
I Love GOD and I Fear GOD

1 Like

Re: Do We Love God Or We Fear Him by jesusjnr2020(m): 3:09pm On Feb 02, 2021
For me, fear of not going to hell was factorial in my first coming to God. After I came to God, I got to know who God was, and that knowledge led me to love Him beyond measure because God was most awesome Thing ever, that I couldn't keep that knowledge to myself. I wanted to let the whole world also know about God because I believe that it didn't fe right that such an awesome Person wasn't known to them.

Hence I think that fear of hell not going to fire is a necessary measure, not that God wants to scare the hell out of people, but that it works for some people like myself at least to get me to where He was, because without that I couldn't have gotten to know who God was.

So that initial fear is meant for outsiders or unbelievers to come to God, but for believers, fear for God is hinged on respect just like fear for one's parents.

God bless.
Re: Do We Love God Or We Fear Him by PoliteActivist: 3:09pm On Feb 02, 2021
Fvckyouall:

Fear is the wrong word. Honor is a better word.
Love and honor God. But the overriding thing should be LOVE.

Yes, you can love someone without seeing them. Someone that provides you with so much blessings, watches over you, provides for you, and sustains you.
Re: Do We Love God Or We Fear Him by Image123(m): 3:55pm On Feb 02, 2021
The two. Just like your parents and loved ones, you should be afraid to hurt them or their feelings. You don't want them to hear or feel anything bad. The two work together seamlessly.
Re: Do We Love God Or We Fear Him by Fvckyouall: 6:19pm On Feb 02, 2021
Righteousness2:
Do you Love GOD?
That's a deep Question and it's not about we! It's about you.
Do you Love GOD? It's not by mere words of yes or singing I love you JESUS.

Do you Love GOD?
You Can't Love God and disobey his Word
You Can't love God and hate his Word
You Can't Love GOD and Hate his People.
You Can't Love GOD and Put yourself or any other person First.
You Can't Love God and Love sin or support sin directly or indirectly!
You Can't Love GOD and hate People.
You Can't Love GOD and be silent when you see Evil.
You Can't Love God and feel cool with Sin
You Can't Love GOD and be silent seeing people departing without JESUS.
If You Love GOD, your life will mean little or Nothing to you. You are willing to Die for the Gospel.

The Fear of GOD is what keeps us from doing evil
The Fear of GOD is what will make you seek for Repentance once you notice you have fallen.

The Fear of GOD is what Propels you to give yourself to GOD and HIS Word

I can only Speak for Myself!
I Love GOD and I Fear GOD

So by following the above someone can start loving him?
Re: Do We Love God Or We Fear Him by Kobojunkie: 9:35pm On Feb 02, 2021
Fvckyouall:

Cc jesusjnr2020
Righteousness2
Muyettilaff
Antichristian
Xmuslim
The fear we have of God is what is interpreted as love for God where this love for God is not driven by hormones and signals from our human senses but a reverence and awe of the one who made us from nothing and is able to destroy us if He pleases.

Now, of course not everyone who supposes that he loves God indeed does. According to God, it is those who in fact do as He commands - dying to their ego and sacrificing their selfish will - that love Him. In fear/reverance of God, they submit to obeying God's very commandments, and that sort of obedience comes through the changing of ones mind and perception and ultimately behaviour, abandoning all their daily worries, cares and anxieties to instead trust in a being they purpose is more powerful than anything previously known or imagined.
Re: Do We Love God Or We Fear Him by Xmuslim: 8:32am On Feb 05, 2021
Fvckyouall:

nobody love God. They only fear him to evade his supposed punishment. Infact, no reason to love God

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 03/02/2021 / . / Why Will You Doubt If I Tell U I Am Another Moniker?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.