Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,605 members, 7,781,925 topics. Date: Saturday, 30 March 2024 at 04:55 AM

Odion Ighalo Set To Complete Transfer To Al-Shabab Of Saudi Arabia - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Odion Ighalo Set To Complete Transfer To Al-Shabab Of Saudi Arabia (18764 Views)

Ighalo Set For Super Eagles’ Return / Ighalo Set To Leave Manchester United This Week At End Of His Loan Spell / Odion Ighalo Set New Goal Record In Chinese Super League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Odion Ighalo Set To Complete Transfer To Al-Shabab Of Saudi Arabia by robosky02(m): 2:47pm On Feb 02, 2021
Transfer: Ighalo set to complete Saudi move
Ighalo is expected to sign a two-and-half-year deal if he passes his medicals.

Former Super Eagles striker Odion Ighalo arrived in Saudi Arabia on Monday ahead of his scheduled signing for Al-Shabab, one of the top clubs in the Middle East.

Multiple reports indicate Al-Shabab agreed to sign the former Manchester United loanee from Shanghai Shenhua; adding that the 31-year-old should be unveiled on or before Thursday once he passes his mandatory medicals.

The Nigerian star is expected to sign a two-and-a-half-year deal if he passes his medicals. Though the European window closed by 11 p.m. on Monday, February 1, the transfer window in Saudi Arabia runs until February 7. Ighalo was said to be earning about $250,000 per week at Manchester United and reports claim he will earn much more in the move to Al-Shabab.

Before settling for Al-Shabab, Ighalo had been linked with potential moves to Dubai, the English Premier League and the MLS but a switch to the Middle East appears to be the most lucrative for the 31-year-old.

Interestingly, one of Nigeria’s greatest ever strikers, the late Rashidi Yekini also played for Al-Shabab in 1999. It is not surprising fans of the club are upbeat and counting down to welcoming another trusted goal poacher from the most populous black country in the world.

This was the last Nigerian player in alshbab in the 90’s “ Rashidi Yekini “ .. we trust that you will be better than him and we are waiting for you “ LEGEND IGHALO “ ������ pic.twitter.com/DrPWKJw6fX

— ابوفيصل (@abofaisall15) January 31, 2021

Ighalo’s impending move to Saudi Arabia comes just days after his loan spell at Old Trafford came to an end, where he penned a heartfelt farewell to the fans.

The boyhood United fan said in a tweet: “It’s so hard to see this dream come to an end.

“But I give God the glory for helping me fulfil this lifelong dream of putting on a Manchester United shirt as a player and represent this great club, it was indeed an honour I will forever cherish and be grateful for.

“To the manager, I say thank you for trusting and believing in me when many did not. To my amazing team-mate, I will miss you guys, it was always fun… and I pray we win the league and FA Cup this year.

“To the best fans in the world (the Manchester United fans) we have missed you, but we hear your voices cheering us on from afar, we can’t wait to have you all back in the stands. ‘I’m still and will remain a Manchester United fan forever. Once a Red, always a Red. Thank you Manchester United and God bless.”

Ighalo scored five goals across 23 appearances in all competitions for United during his stint with the Red Devils.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/sports/football/440063-transfer-ighalo-set-to-complete-saudi-move.html

7 Likes

Re: Odion Ighalo Set To Complete Transfer To Al-Shabab Of Saudi Arabia by Sam2310(m): 2:50pm On Feb 02, 2021
cool
Wishing him all the best

12 Likes

Re: Odion Ighalo Set To Complete Transfer To Al-Shabab Of Saudi Arabia by FalseProphet1(m): 2:50pm On Feb 02, 2021
I don't see him playing for Nigeria anytime soon

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Odion Ighalo Set To Complete Transfer To Al-Shabab Of Saudi Arabia by lexyblazy: 2:50pm On Feb 02, 2021
very happy for this man.

I wish him all the best in his endeavours

10 Likes

Re: Odion Ighalo Set To Complete Transfer To Al-Shabab Of Saudi Arabia by Amotolongbo(f): 2:50pm On Feb 02, 2021
Oil money

2 Likes

Re: Odion Ighalo Set To Complete Transfer To Al-Shabab Of Saudi Arabia by Coronavirus123: 2:51pm On Feb 02, 2021
sad
Re: Odion Ighalo Set To Complete Transfer To Al-Shabab Of Saudi Arabia by Unclekayfarms: 2:51pm On Feb 02, 2021
Ighalo only signed for Man u on six months loan mostly coming from the bench.

I'm still waiting for the first Nigerian player to be officially signed by Manchester united

29 Likes

Re: Odion Ighalo Set To Complete Transfer To Al-Shabab Of Saudi Arabia by Chicko1995: 2:51pm On Feb 02, 2021
grin
Re: Odion Ighalo Set To Complete Transfer To Al-Shabab Of Saudi Arabia by namdyz(m): 2:51pm On Feb 02, 2021
Good
Re: Odion Ighalo Set To Complete Transfer To Al-Shabab Of Saudi Arabia by robosky02(m): 2:51pm On Feb 02, 2021
Did you know that Yekini once played for All shabab

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Odion Ighalo Set To Complete Transfer To Al-Shabab Of Saudi Arabia by kufman123: 2:51pm On Feb 02, 2021
tongue
Re: Odion Ighalo Set To Complete Transfer To Al-Shabab Of Saudi Arabia by TooMuchStuff: 2:51pm On Feb 02, 2021
Na so we go dey promote Al Shabab Terrorism for the Arabs Upandan through Odion Ighalo while nobody is promoting our own Bokoharam FC...?

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Odion Ighalo Set To Complete Transfer To Al-Shabab Of Saudi Arabia by fourboys: 2:51pm On Feb 02, 2021
money � man
Re: Odion Ighalo Set To Complete Transfer To Al-Shabab Of Saudi Arabia by newguy1(m): 2:52pm On Feb 02, 2021
Good for him, now he his preparing for retirement, sha talk to people like okocha because we all know Saudi will only give u a maximum of 2year contract. Talk to okocha nko before some yahoo men will bring some business idea for u to invest in n use ur salary dey chop life....
Re: Odion Ighalo Set To Complete Transfer To Al-Shabab Of Saudi Arabia by RemiDogCare(f): 2:52pm On Feb 02, 2021
Five content writers are needed to join a highly productive content writing team.

You will be paid One Million Naira

If you like to write articles and get paid for writing then this team/project is for you.

This opportunity is open to both experienced and new content writers.

Project Details : Content Writing For New and Experienced Content Writers

To signify your interest, send a message to the WhatsApp contact on the signature.

1 Like

Re: Odion Ighalo Set To Complete Transfer To Al-Shabab Of Saudi Arabia by Thompz43(m): 2:53pm On Feb 02, 2021
$250.000 when na, check fact before you give person hypertension for here...

4 Likes

Re: Odion Ighalo Set To Complete Transfer To Al-Shabab Of Saudi Arabia by Ayoola171(m): 2:53pm On Feb 02, 2021
Best of luck.
Re: Odion Ighalo Set To Complete Transfer To Al-Shabab Of Saudi Arabia by elmessiahs(m): 2:53pm On Feb 02, 2021
better you will having playing rather that club that call themselves red devil awon red satan
Re: Odion Ighalo Set To Complete Transfer To Al-Shabab Of Saudi Arabia by OBTMOS(m): 2:54pm On Feb 02, 2021
Ighalo is making money

1 Like

Re: Odion Ighalo Set To Complete Transfer To Al-Shabab Of Saudi Arabia by Rugaria: 2:54pm On Feb 02, 2021
So this guy really blew almost 300k a week wage in China simply because he wants to play for his "childhood club manchester united"

This guy needs to be sent back to Ajegunle for a year to remember where he is coming from...

13 Likes

Re: Odion Ighalo Set To Complete Transfer To Al-Shabab Of Saudi Arabia by stano2(m): 2:54pm On Feb 02, 2021
See money..
Chaiii
Re: Odion Ighalo Set To Complete Transfer To Al-Shabab Of Saudi Arabia by mhktaryan: 2:54pm On Feb 02, 2021
Ok
Re: Odion Ighalo Set To Complete Transfer To Al-Shabab Of Saudi Arabia by Landinvestments(m): 2:54pm On Feb 02, 2021
Securing the money.
Re: Odion Ighalo Set To Complete Transfer To Al-Shabab Of Saudi Arabia by slawormiir: 2:54pm On Feb 02, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
This guy ehnnnnn....

From Chinese super league to Ngonzi united

Now from Ngonzi united to al -shabhab

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Odion Ighalo Set To Complete Transfer To Al-Shabab Of Saudi Arabia by Onyenna(m): 2:54pm On Feb 02, 2021
Al shabab!!

That name sounds familiar.....

2 Likes

Re: Odion Ighalo Set To Complete Transfer To Al-Shabab Of Saudi Arabia by Mindlog: 2:55pm On Feb 02, 2021
Al shabab!! Same name with Somalian terrorist group!

6 Likes

Re: Odion Ighalo Set To Complete Transfer To Al-Shabab Of Saudi Arabia by elmessiahs(m): 2:55pm On Feb 02, 2021
better you will having playing time rather that club that call themselves red devil awon red satan

2 Likes

Re: Odion Ighalo Set To Complete Transfer To Al-Shabab Of Saudi Arabia by FuckThaMod: 2:55pm On Feb 02, 2021
What about the Chinese club?
Re: Odion Ighalo Set To Complete Transfer To Al-Shabab Of Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 2:57pm On Feb 02, 2021
Ok
Re: Odion Ighalo Set To Complete Transfer To Al-Shabab Of Saudi Arabia by 00tim56: 2:57pm On Feb 02, 2021
Oil money loading..
Successful Musicians like Davido's money is tiny compared to Footballers own

No show can pay #100million every week
Even that small boy bukayo saka go outearn wizkid very soon

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ronaldo Scores 800th Career Goal As Man Utd Defeats Arsenal / 'Musa Told Me He Didn't Beat His Wife' - Amaju Pinnick / Solskjaer To Remain Manchester United Manager Despite Liverpool Humiliation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.