Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

Nairaland Programmers !!! What New Project Are You Up To Now - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Nairaland Programmers !!! What New Project Are You Up To Now (1520 Views)

English Learning Game For Programmers: What Do You Think? / [Advice] For New Programmers, what server-Side Programming Language Is The Best? / Programmers, What Is Our Future?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Programmers !!! What New Project Are You Up To Now by talk2hb1(m): 5:14pm On Feb 05, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

It's not easy to learn blockchain development. The richest developer I personally know is a blockchain developer. It's one of those niche fields with wonderful pay which no one wants to do.
Lie! Big Lie!! Biggest Lie Ever!!!
BlockChain programming is easier than you think, at least solidity is like javascrip
Re: Nairaland Programmers !!! What New Project Are You Up To Now by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:22pm On Feb 05, 2021
talk2hb1:

Lie! Big Lie!! Biggest Lie Ever!!!
BlockChain programming is easier than you think, at least solidity is like javascrip
It is but how many people know solidity. Wordpress is PHP but how many people can build wordpress themes nor plugins. Shopify is rails but how many people can develop Shopify themes or apps. Salesforce is java but how many people can develop applications in Salesforce.
It's domain knowledge which a lot of people do not bother with.
Re: Nairaland Programmers !!! What New Project Are You Up To Now by talk2hb1(m): 7:10pm On Feb 05, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

It is but how many people know solidity. Wordpress is PHP but how many people can build wordpress themes nor plugins. Shopify is rails but how many people can develop Shopify themes or apps. Salesforce is java but how many people can develop applications in Salesforce.
It's domain knowledge which a lot of people do not bother with.
My point is, its not hard to learn as portrayed. Its a matter of interest

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Programmers !!! What New Project Are You Up To Now by segbolon: 5:17pm On Feb 07, 2021
Just building another B2C mobile app, using typescript, go for backend and the game differentiator for the app is tensorflow
Re: Nairaland Programmers !!! What New Project Are You Up To Now by Sheriman(m): 8:03pm On Feb 15, 2021
Currently working on a big banga project to build the next Nigeria Netflix. I called this one YouNig where people can create account using their Google or Facebook account to stream HD MP4 videos of all kind of genres for free or download videos to their phone gallery, making comments and reply, share videos they love to watch on social media, updating their profiles plus a lot of other great functionalities in the App.
Code: App will be written in Kotlin language
Platform to download: Android and iOS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Programmers !!! What New Project Are You Up To Now by greenDot02: 11:12pm On Feb 15, 2021
Kotlin for iOS? You mean Kotlin Multiplatform? I know it's no longer experimental, but have you tried it before?

Sheriman:
Currently working on a big banga project to build the next Nigeria Netflix. I called this one YouNig where people can create account using their Google or Facebook account to stream HD MP4 videos of all kind of genres for free or download videos to their phone gallery, making comments and reply, share videos they love to watch on social media, updating their profiles plus a lot of other great functionalities in the App.
Re: Nairaland Programmers !!! What New Project Are You Up To Now by Sheriman(m): 2:15am On Feb 16, 2021
greenDot02:
Kotlin for iOS? You mean Kotlin Multiplatform? I know it's no longer experimental, but have you tried it before?

Yeah!! I have not tried it but I have read testimonies of people who have tried it and it worked. Write your App once in Kotlin and deployed it to Android and IOS platform through Kotlin KMM platform

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Programmers !!! What New Project Are You Up To Now by CHRISTFUCKER: 7:12pm On Dec 02, 2023
Malware for the Nigerian market grin
Re: Nairaland Programmers !!! What New Project Are You Up To Now by jidotoni(m): 2:39am On Dec 04, 2023
As a software developer for 6 years these are what I have.
Learned
1. Tech business is 30% coding & 70% finance
2. Always aim to create your own product instead of building someone else's dream unless you work in a large organization where your task are normal
3. Never run after competition. Provide great service instead. A lot of people value reliability than bells & whistles
4. Stop jumping from one trend to another. Tech world is very large. Focus on what makes you happy
Re: Nairaland Programmers !!! What New Project Are You Up To Now by jidotoni(m): 3:04am On Dec 04, 2023
Sheriman:

I hope you have a solid business plan to compete with Netflix, IrokoTV and co. Coding is just 30% of the business.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Some Months Into Programming, My Excruciating Experience. / Dynamic Web Forms / Whats The Fate Of An Oracle Database Administrator In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.