Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,274 members, 7,807,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:56 PM

Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen (41067 Views)

Yoruba Nation: What Buhari Told Me About Sunday Igboho -ooni / Mbaka: Is Telling Buhari To Change A Crime, Speaks After He Was Released.video / Many Yoruba People In APC Are Cowards, Can't Tell Buhari Truth - Ayo Adebanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen by Moferere: 3:06pm On Feb 03, 2021
salford1:

I know. My great grand father was an Ooni. Lol.

Máa wo eleyi, baba bàbá ẹ Ooni. Lójú ayé Abi lójú orun
Re: Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen by Besk: 3:13pm On Feb 03, 2021
Fahdiga1:
I don't know how I will describe this people. I haven't seen a tribe so divided and double mouthed like this people.

Like which tribe? Since you have a big moth, you should have been bold enough to mention the tribe.

Everything about you FAHDIGA1 is about TRIBALISM!!!
Re: Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen by salford1: 3:15pm On Feb 03, 2021
Moferere:

Máa wo eleyi, baba bàbá ẹ Ooni. Lójú ayé Abi lójú orun
Ooni Aderemi.
So? What is special about being an Ife Prince. There are probably a thousand of us out there from all the ruling houses.

You don't want Ogunwusi to be dragged if he does what we do not like, but everyone dragged Sijuwade till he joined his ancestors.

Abeg, we might respect our elders, but our tradition also calls for us to correct them as well. Don't be an hypocrite.

4 Likes

Re: Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen by emecheboy2(m): 3:21pm On Feb 03, 2021
the man needs Ooni blessings and support period. any other thing is just misdirection.
Re: Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen by salford1: 3:21pm On Feb 03, 2021
mastertek:
Those big names are our problem, they don't care about their subject or their trybe. They are all very useless.

All the Yoruba leaders, politicians, Obas, including Gani Adams, they are all useless and coward, they can't defend or protect their trybemen.

They very selfish and greedy, they only care about themselves and their families.

How can you call yourself a leader and your people are crying for help for so many years about insecurities, killing & kidnapped, you turn deaf hear because you don't want to offend your Fulani government, all because of your own personal gained, and you want me to respect you or want me to see you as a leader.

A king from Ondo (Olufon of Ifon) was killed by most likely by Fulani herdsmen in a kidnap attempt and nothing was done about it. It was that moment I knew that most are just after their own pockets and do not care about the wellbeing of their colleagues or subjects.

5 Likes

Re: Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen by salford1: 3:28pm On Feb 03, 2021
Amalekki:

grin @Yahoo Obas
grin
What that poster said is true to an extent now. Look at the Oba that put a crown on the head of his Jamaican ex wife. I watched a leaked video where he was discussing yahoo credit card scam with his ex wife.

3 Likes

Re: Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen by salford1: 3:31pm On Feb 03, 2021
MayorofLagos:

He is not disrespecting Ooni. Read well. Igboho is showing omoluabi. Most of you have turned omoluabi principle to zombiesm. Far from it. What Igboho is demonstrating is omoluabi to the core.
Thanks MayorofLagos. cool

Make I vacate this funny thread. Had a good laugh here.

4 Likes

Re: Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen by Moferere: 3:31pm On Feb 03, 2021
salford1:

Ooni Aderemi.
So? What is special about being an Ife Prince. There are probably a thousand of us out there from all the ruling houses.

You don't want Ogunwusi to be dragged if he does what we do not like, but everyone dragged Sijuwade till he joined his ancestors.

Abeg, we might respect our elders, but our tradition also calls for us to correct them as well. Don't be an hypocrite.

Ńkan tó dáa wù ọ̀lẹ.

Bóyá ẹrú ọba, ajirọba abi abọbaku ni baba ẹ.

Ooo kìí ṣe ọmọọba.

Oniranu játijàti
Re: Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen by salford1: 3:32pm On Feb 03, 2021
akintunde63:

The best strategy to defeat the Yoruba is to set them against one another. This is an agelong and proven tactic, it has worked in the past, and it will continue to work.
It's working again in this current situation.
Like in the Bible, the tower of Babel grin

1 Like

Re: Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen by frankkydee(m): 3:34pm On Feb 03, 2021
Funkeshuga:

telling ourselves the truth is not attack and nobody will prosecute Sunday because 99% of Yorubas are behind him

it's normal for traditional rulers to be neutral but this doesn't mean they shouldn't say the truth when it is needed

in this aspect Ooni of Ife failed, you don't condemned your own and covered the miscreants. whether Yoruba traditional rulers and politicians want it or not, Fulani must stop the murdered, kidnapping and illegally occupying our forest

God protect and bless Sunday igboho
God bless MNK
God bless all lover of freedom

in Yoruba I stand, in southern Nigeria we move

It's only in politics that the traditional rulers are allowed to be neutral but in this kind of situation, neutrality by the traditional rulers is not a welcomed idea. They must speak and fight for their people because if all their tribesmen are being kidnapped and killed who will they be ruling after all?

2 Likes

Re: Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen by Moferere: 3:35pm On Feb 03, 2021
salford1:

I don't argue with miscreants on nairaland. Don't you have some labourer birisope jobs to resume to at some construction site in ajah

Oniranu burúkú, ọmọ ọba tí kò lè sọ Yoruba.
Re: Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen by nicestguy1: 3:36pm On Feb 03, 2021
Moferere:
SUNDAY IGBOHO!!!

Be careful, we won't allow you to drag the Ooni

Tell the Ooni to do his job.

Adult wey respect himself no go give chance for disrespect.

Does he need to be told to speak out - visited Abuja and came back smiling.....smiling for what when the reason that took him there is even worse than before he wen to collect his brown envelope.

This Ooni has watered the title.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen by lexy2014: 3:38pm On Feb 03, 2021
SilverNorGold:
Lol... Clowns!

Nigeria must better.

So since 2015, nigeria never still better? What has buhari been doing all this while?
Re: Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen by Moferere: 3:47pm On Feb 03, 2021
salford1:

You must be using a very slow internet.
Why are you butt hurt that I am not replying you in Yoruba grin. Ooni Ogunwusi can't even speak Ife dialect and no one makes a fuss about that. He is a Lagos boy with Lagos dialect.

In addition, do you not think that would be disrespectful to non Yoruba speakers here?

Don't worry..it is all hunky dory until your father or your wife is kidnapped and beheaded my Fulani herdsmens, that is when your eyes would clear. APC zombie.

You have shown your identity.
1. You are an impostor, an Ifẹ Prince who couldn't read or write in Yoruba.
2. You have violate nairaland rule.
3. You are a product of poor parenting and I know it is particular to a region. You disgraced yourself by dragging my father and wife into your argument. That is terrible.
I will leave you to the mods to make judgements.
Re: Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen by laiperi: 3:50pm On Feb 03, 2021
Sunday should stick to his previous position of unifying all Yoruba regardless of their positions or stations.

Nothing Ooni said so far justify his attack. Ooni did not criticize him or asked him to give up his fight.

Sunday did not even know if Ooni actually warned Buhari against his arrest which can backfire big time.

The role of Ooni is to look for a peaceful way out otherwise justify Sunday's resumption of attack as Self Defense.

By the way, no Emir, Obi or Oba can resist invitation to find peace or other means. Go back to history and read what the British or Local Government can did.

For now, Sunday must give and stay with his ultimatum if constituted authorities failed to find solutions.

Enough is enough!

Sir, I agree with you about Ooni Church attendance. But let us face this problem at hand.

OyinO:
Fakest of all Ooni. He went and knelt down during Thanksgiving in church after his coronation thereby desecrating the throne of his Brave Ancestors.
Re: Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen by Funkeshuga(m): 3:55pm On Feb 03, 2021
frankkydee:

It's only in politics that the traditional rulers are allowed to be neutral but in this kind of situation, neutrality by the traditional rulers is not a welcomed idea. They must speak and fight for their people because if all their tribesmen are being kidnapped and killed who will they be ruling after all?

that's why I said Ooni failed but Ooni even make move, what about other figure head traditional rulers in southern Nigeria?

they're just bloody figure head, no king deserve respect if they can't speak up for their oppressed communities

2 Likes

Re: Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen by OROSUNBOLB(m): 4:02pm On Feb 03, 2021
Vickym1:
This guy is attacking the big names in yoruba land... I hope they will spare him with the way things are going

The so called big names should be careful rather not to incur the wrath of the people ! Any leader who misbehaves now will be treated same way as fulanis.

3 Likes

Re: Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen by yommen: 4:04pm On Feb 03, 2021
Fahdiga1:
I don't know how I will describe this people. I haven't seen a tribe so divided and double mouthed like this people.

Oga, go and shut up your mouth, abeg. You people are never objective about anything when it comes to Yoruba matter.

Everybody holding a juicy office in Nigeria do not want change regardless of tribe or anything. How many of Eastern elite class or politician has ever openly declared their support for IPOB? NONE!!! They always condemn IPOB openly.

Your comments only shows how myopic you are.
Re: Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen by yommen: 4:05pm On Feb 03, 2021
Moferere:
SUNDAY IGBOHO!!!

By your standard, its wrong to say the truth.
Re: Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen by Blackdisciple(m): 4:12pm On Feb 03, 2021
And what did Buhari say about the situation?
SW make una no gree oo cos this fulani regime thought it's still 80's oo
Re: Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen by salford1: 4:15pm On Feb 03, 2021
Moferere:

You have shown your identity.
1. You are an impostor, an Ifẹ Prince who couldn't read or write in Yoruba.
2. You have violate nairaland rule.
3. You are a product of poor parenting and I know it is particular to a region. You disgraced yourself by dragging my father and wife into your argument. That is terrible.
I will leave you to the mods to make judgements.

1. There are many Ife princes abroad that can't even speak or write Yoruba even though I got a distinction in Yoruba language WAEC. I don't even know if it is still called WAEC. The current Ooni can't even speak the proud Ife dialect. Let's even leave the Ife Prince or whatever prince to the side. I am not interested in becoming an Ooni and care less about titles.

2. Oh. But it was okay for you to drag my father into your argument in Yoruba language..You think I just joined nairaland abi, so you want to threaten me with a mod ban. You brought my family into an argument and I brought yours into it too, simple as ABC. We would both get banned, that is how it works on here. grin

3. You are insinuating that I am from a particular region in Nigeria that nairaland's tribalists like to drag because they are fighting for independence from the stupid union that lumped the south with the north. Your tribalism is showing. Thread carefully.

Like I said, it's all hunky Dory till it affects someone close to you. I do not take my words back. I mean it, so it stays.

Ps: it's good to know you can type in English. That might help keep your reply civil and stop your abuse directed toward my person in Yoruba language.

2 Likes

Re: Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen by nisai: 4:21pm On Feb 03, 2021
Ritchiee:

Helinues,he be like say you wan collect curse.So you like the terror the Fulanis are raining on Nigeria with the backing of the presidency in the case of Ondo state,abi?
Onijekuje ni guy yen
Re: Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen by salford1: 4:23pm On Feb 03, 2021
As people were discussing on this thread, another Fulani banditry post hit the front page. These normads no dey tire ni. Na to stay Lagos anytime person visit Nigeria now o.

https://www.nairaland.com/6397105/fulani-herdsmen-block-benin-ore-road

Re: Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen by OROSUNBOLB(m): 4:31pm On Feb 03, 2021
Sunday Igboho is right. Baba failed to tell that ethnic bigot in aso rock some bitter truths. Ooni of yesterday would have looked Buhari straight in the eyes and told him that he was a bad leader. Baba Ooni Sijuade no send anybody !

This is the major reason they have refused Alaafin to see Buhari because they know that "Iku Babayeye" wouldn't mince any word or try to be politically correct. He is a fearless blunt man.

Buhari should be very careful not to permanently set this country on fire. Yoruba are the wrong set of people the fulanis can ever choose to mess up with. No tribe in Africa has the capacity to singlehandedly conquer the Yoruba. We are not people of sword but of Ideas. Idealistic people are the most dangerous of all. On the battlefield, Yoruba nation can raise thousands of 'Sunday Igboho in just a day ! There are hundreds of deadlier fighters (warriors) in Ife/ Modakeke axis alone. This is not chest beating;it is a fact.

Like that saying goes - when your cup of iniquities is full,your folly will drag you to a wrong
person. Fulanis should look in another direction; they are not a match for us.

1 Like

Re: Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen by OlawaleBammie: 4:43pm On Feb 03, 2021
Moferere:
SUNDAY IGBOHO!!!

What are u saying, like ur monachs knows what they are doin abi??

Awon ti afi joye awodi tiwon kole gbadiye, s'oloye lawon yen sha?? Shior!!!

1 Like

Re: Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen by ogbonti: 4:46pm On Feb 03, 2021
Moferere:
SUNDAY IGBOHO!!!

Sunday Igboho is the Donald Trump of the yoruba race- The anti establishment guy.... The most respected yoruba man on earth right now. A man who sees black and call it black. NOT a liverless monach - Abegi, all power to you Sir, lead on grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Igboho: Ooni Failed Yoruba By Not Telling Buhari Truth About Killer Herdsmen by oyatainer(m): 4:47pm On Feb 03, 2021
Fahdiga1:

Have your governors approved ESN or what you call it. I think they are better off than the so called Ohaeneze and Ipob that constantly throw ta tantrums at one another.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Governor Ben Ayade Rushes Home To Avoid Impeachment / Just In: Buhari Orders Prosecution Of Pinnick Over NFF Multi-billion Alleged Fra / Lantewa Fatsuma Lawal 'Born In 1996 But Employed In 1992' - Reps Panel Probes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.