Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) (53528 Views)

The Crazy In-laws - Mr Macaroni, Chioma Akpotha, Londoner, Olumide Oworu / Omo Ghetto Released In Dubai Cinemas / ‘Omo Ghetto: The Saga’ - Funke Akindele Returns To Street (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by tayeloveme4rel: 1:32pm On Feb 03, 2021
IS nollywood making money like this
Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by Asadujames202(m): 1:32pm On Feb 03, 2021
500 million naira

Fake currency
Abi real money

2 Likes

Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by Juanmike(m): 1:32pm On Feb 03, 2021
I follow for the movie,the cast was stressful,it's worth it though.
Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by CocaineLord(m): 1:33pm On Feb 03, 2021
Dailymice:
Its nice for a start but I am tired of Nigerian movies that focus on love, fake living, dry jokes and all.. Cant they invest money or partner with a movie producer abroad to make a movie that makes headlines worldwide..

No disrespect, we are actually trying but lets do better movies that cannot be predicted..
If you've watched the 2020 Action Thriller movie TENET one question you'll ask yourself is, How did a human being on earth sit down to think of such a movie.. Its pure genius! And you can never predict such movies.. That particular movie began at the end and gradually narrowed to the beginning!

Nigerian movies are stereotyped...The last nigerian movie i watched and enjoy was Ti oluwa lo nile Starring Baba wande kiss

They lack creativity,cast actors based on friendship and have a flair for shooting lackluster movies in days smiley

2 Likes

Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by manuelfolarin(m): 1:34pm On Feb 03, 2021
Yoruba people are the best in Nigeria when it comes to entertainment aswear!
Even those highly rated movie makers from the east couldn't achieve this feat

2 Likes

Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by tofolo(m): 1:36pm On Feb 03, 2021
Kriss216:
Nollywood can call big big money every time yet nothing come out.

One of their members, Emeka Ani is lying in the hospital soliciting for funds.

Just saying sha.
you dey mind them, and non of them would help abi na assist? angry angry
Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by chatinent: 1:36pm On Feb 03, 2021
That year when she was a crying freak.
Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by SmartPolician: 1:37pm On Feb 03, 2021
Dailymice:
Its nice for a start but I am tired of Nigerian movies that focus on love, fake living, dry jokes and all.. Cant they invest money or partner with a movie producer abroad to make a movie that makes headlines worldwide..

No disrespect, we are actually trying but lets do better movies that cannot be predicted..
If you've watched the 2020 Action Thriller movie TENET one question you'll ask yourself is, How did a human being on earth sit down to think of such a movie.. Its pure genius! And you can never predict such movies.. That particular movie began at the end and gradually narrowed to the beginning!

Huncle, calm down.

The human mind thinks almost alike.

If you watch films very well, you will predict the end of every movie

Ask movie freaks.

To the news: I must commend Nigerians who shoot cinema-worthy films.

Unlike those NONSENSE we see on Africa Magic Epic, those peeps invest a lot of money in their movies. They deserve every kobo they make.

Just before you say that Nigerian films are trashy, make sure you see the quality of films they show in cinemas.

2 Likes

Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by youngelder(m): 1:40pm On Feb 03, 2021
Dailymice:

Bros, that TENET left my head spinning...
angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by iamdapsyj(m): 1:46pm On Feb 03, 2021
Dailymice:

I cannot agree more with your submission. Though very few of them aew really putting on their thinking cap. Kunle Afolayan is one of them. I really enjoyed that Citation movie.

2 Likes

Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by Rajosh(m): 1:46pm On Feb 03, 2021
i copied the number of this data vendor here on Nairaland here and transacted business with the person. but she/he have refused to keep to his/her side of the bargain.
this person is a fraud. be warned.

that's the person's account name and number
Asomugha ifeanyi onyebuchi

phone number: 0704 830 5795
Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by Hajee77: 1:46pm On Feb 03, 2021
Good for her and everyone involved if the movie actually generates such sum
Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by obonujoker(m): 1:49pm On Feb 03, 2021
It's a great movie... Watched it twice at the cinema with wifey...

Nollywood can improve from here
Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by Poloyanabo2(m): 1:49pm On Feb 03, 2021
sunkieisland:
In some other climes, other movies gross more than 1billion dollars.

When are we going to achieve box office dominance in dollars?

Anyho

Congratulations to the producers - JJSSkillz and Funke
Even a Chinese movie, wolf warrior 2 grossed over 1billion dollars.
Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by zakkxx: 1:51pm On Feb 03, 2021
you to c sex like holly wood abi, celebrate your own first.
Dailymice:

Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by Adegold1993(m): 1:52pm On Feb 03, 2021
Passing by
Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by Unlimitk(m): 1:53pm On Feb 03, 2021
Asadujames202:
500 million naira
Fake currency Abi real money
mostly from abroad cinemas cos they opened their too and inflation and weak naira so yeah it's understandable
Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by olyrayy(m): 1:53pm On Feb 03, 2021
Priscy01:
Nollywood actress Chioma Akpotha has rejoiced as Funke Akindele’s Omo Ghetto (The Saga) crosses N500 million mark in box office, Igbere TV reports.

Being the first Nollywood movie to cross the mark, Chioma shared a video of herself dancing in an Instagram post on Tuesday.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKzgF3MlKiw/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

According to a report by Cinema Exhibitors Association of Nigeria (CEAN), the movie which has maintained the number one spot for six weeks in a row, has broken Nollywood’s box office record with a cum revenue of N501,449,050.

The movie which was released in cinemas on Christmas Day December 25, 2020 has also broken the four-year record as highest-grossing Nollywood movie of all time formerly held by Kemi Adetiba’s The Wedding Party.

Eniola Badmus who also stars in the movie has demanded respect from her fans and followers as their movie has broken records.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKyaCDGj4Ne/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Omo Ghetto (The Saga) made history when it became the first Nigerian movie to premiere in the United Arab Emirates on January 21.

Funke who produced and co-directed the film played the dual role of Ayomide and Lefty.

She starred alongside Chioma Akpotha, Bimbo Thomas, Eniola Badmus, Deyemi Okanlawon, Zubby Michael, Mercy Aigbe, Timini Egbuson, Alex Ekubo among others.

The prequel Omo Ghetto was released in 2010 starring Funke Akindele, Rachel Oniga, Taiwo Hassan, Yinka Quadri, and Eniola Badmus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbyvQKpNY54

Is it the highest grossing? 500 million naira 4 years ago, and 500 million naira today are definitely not the same thing.
Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by Trybes(m): 1:59pm On Feb 03, 2021
That's about a million dollars. Thumbs up girl!
Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by naijadrivablog: 2:01pm On Feb 03, 2021
My crutch that year.
Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by Clothingonline9(m): 2:01pm On Feb 03, 2021
obonujoker:
It's a great movie... Watched it twice at the cinema with wifey...

Nollywood can improve from here
Africans are trooping to see the movie in Dubai this movie in 6 month will easily make 1billion
Naira is weak
Funke is cashing out with all the cast and crew
Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by dele1727: 2:04pm On Feb 03, 2021
Kriss216:
Nollywood can call big big money every time yet nothing come out.

One of their members, Emeka Ani is lying in the hospital soliciting for funds.

Just saying sha.

Where were you when zubby was celebrating Christmas with all kinds of showoff?
Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by Carlyboi(m): 2:04pm On Feb 03, 2021
Dailymice:

Well that’s Christopher Nolan for you he’s one of the best filmmakers/director of all time have you seen interstellar?he made the The Dark Knight which is one of my fave Movies of all time.
Check out inception and memento seems similar to Tenet Cos the movie began at the end lol..I would try and check out Tenet it stars one of Denzel Son’s I think the one in Blackklansman!

2 Likes

Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by juniorstar(m): 2:04pm On Feb 03, 2021
well them try sha just a little bit above a million dollars. tosey na $500,000,000 I for give the tiree gbosa.
Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by Eillyeillz(m): 2:08pm On Feb 03, 2021
Dailymice:

Nollywood and tenet in this same sentence is an insult to Christopher nolan. And Hollywood as a whole. P.s almost all of Christopher nolan's movies give mind fvccks.

1 Like

Re: Chioma Akpotha Rejoices As Omo Ghetto Crosses N500 Million In Box Office (Video) by Eillyeillz(m): 2:10pm On Feb 03, 2021
Carlyboi:

Well that’s Christopher Nolan for you he’s one of the best filmmakers/director of all time have you seen interstellar?he made the The Dark Knight which is one of my fave Movies of all time.
Check out inception and memento seems similar to Tenet Cos the movie began at the end lol..I would try and check out Tenet it stars one of Denzel Son’s I think the one in Blackklansman!

Sent in my reply before seeing yours. Was just telling him christopher nolan is the kind of mind fvcks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Does BBN Always Outshine BBA? -Ugandan Asks, See Funny Replies / Tonto Dikeh Plays Tomatoes And Garri Seller In New Movie ( Photos ) / Checkout Denrele Edun's Outfit To AMVCA 2022 Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.