Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,794 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband (56539 Views)

Zambian Woman Seeks Divorce After Her Husband Shaved His Pubic Hair / Newly Wedded Wife Seeks Divorce After Her Husband Lied About Owning Duplex / 32-year-old Ghanaian Virgin Seeks Divorce Over Husband’s Huge Manhood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by Dozie32(m): 5:54am On Feb 04, 2021
bukatyne:

Hahahahaha grin

grin cheesy

I am happy the wife stated the true reason for wanting the divorce.

I give her points for that.

An Arab woman interested in no-fault divorce? Aye n dori kodo.

Since the husband still wants the marriage, he should engage his wife on what she means by 'freedom' and reach a compromise.

The Law unfortunately cannot force anyone to be with their partners when they have checked out of the union.

If not for the court, babe would divorce Oga and request for monthly alimony of D25k so she can maintain her 'current' standard of living.

"Signs*

You be tozo.

1 Like

Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by LegitBoyy: 5:56am On Feb 04, 2021
LordKO:
Her action is typical of a self-absorbing and or opportunistic woman (or man); to her type, it's always about her happiness first instead of what's right. Anyway, her husband was partly an enabler of her unhealthy attitude before she metamorphosed and have the boldness to seek to divorce him unjustly through the condoning of nonsense from her; reward unconscientious acts with goodness at your peril.

Notwithstanding how “shitty” her behaviors maybe, I don’t think two adults should be forced to live together against their will. Life is not about the money and glamour we see daily. Trust these Arabs that treat women like properties at your own peril.

4 Likes

Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by JovialJune(f): 6:00am On Feb 04, 2021
This thread is an eye opener on how loathsome men are, in their heart, they hate the freedom and voice women have these days and will love if it is completely cut off,

Just take a look at most comments of idiot males here and some stupid ass females supporting the Judge and husband, how the hell can one even think of not allowing someone who wants to be free and be at peace, do you fools know what she's been facing in the marriage? Yet most foolish comments centers mainly on the money he gives her,

Bunch of broke ass akuyas who'd sell their manhood cos of money, ye t they insult women that only go for rich men, they think everyone is hungry like them, schmucks.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by wany(f): 6:10am On Feb 04, 2021
JovialJune:
This thread is an eye opener on how loathsome men are, in their heart, they hate the freedom and voice women have these days and will love if it is completely cut off,

Just take a look at most comments of idiot males here and some stupid ass females supporting the Judge and husband, how the hell can one even think of not allowing someone who wants to be free and be at peace, do you fools know what she's been facing in the marriage? Yet most foolish comments centers mainly on the money he gives her,

Bunch of broke ass akuyas who'd sell their manhood cos of money, ye t they insult women that only go for rich men, they think everyone is hungry like them, schmucks.
Have mention it numerous times on this platform that the liberation of a sister is the night mare of a brother.check out comments here and you can feel the deep cut pain,the woman must die there ,not minding her want. in this one life.sad undecided

2 Likes

Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by dederocs(m): 6:15am On Feb 04, 2021
Women are tools under Islam, only an idiot will subject herself to such slavery in these modern times...what a waste of life.

3 Likes

Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by advanceDNA: 6:17am On Feb 04, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

You can't blame them. Every topic on this forum is designed to castigate women.

This case looks like the judges were paid by the man to keep her stuck with him. If she's so wayward, why not let her go? Why force her to stay with him.

..judges don’t have to be paid to take this kind of initial judgment .....even in democratic settings and civilized places like the US.... judges sometimes do this to see if the marriage can work out....especially when there’s no violence , no abuse, no financial problem...she could just be experiencing midlife crises...

It happens in Nigeria and many countries all the time... unless on grounds of serious marital problems ....hardly will u find a judge that will dissolve the marriage at first sitting.....

.. if she files her car again which is likely.... she will get her divorce .....
Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by marinepatrol: 6:22am On Feb 04, 2021
When a man is in love a new mumu is born..

RisenPhoenix1:
Dumb husband. He should ask for his dowry and gifts back then trade her in for a newer model with better specs. 40 year old wife who doesn't even appreciate him; what a waste of a luxury car and 25k dirhams monthly when an 18 year old wife will fall at his feet for the opportunity to get all those goodies.

I said it. When men love, they become useless.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by Nobody: 6:23am On Feb 04, 2021
bluestone2015:
So you want him to start buying diapers again and to train his children with his pension.

If he can buy luxury cars for his aged unappreciative wife, diapers shouldn't be too difficult.

bluestone2015:

When a man divorces a woman with grown kids, he is at a loss.

Dream on. A young wife will be his gain. Read this carefully...
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/188621

bluestone2015:

The woman moves on while he starts a fresh family with another woman.

His first son and daughter that will claim him property on his demise will not show him love since they are with their mom.

What happens after his demise is not his business, but I guess all the children would get equal shares, and the ex wife will be left out, while the new wife will get some. He can always make a will. As for the older children do you think they'll be allowed to stay with their irresponsible mum who wants to "travel around with her friends"? Fat chance she's taking them with her. She wants to be free. If you were one of the children who would you be with anyway? A mother who doesn't have your time, or a wealthy father?

bluestone2015:

Only a foolish man will jump at that idea of starting life afresh.

No. Only a scared man with no confidence would be afraid of dumping an old thankless wife and picking up a new one. Ned Nwoko is not foolish. Donald Trump is not foolish. Only a fool will tolerate living out his old age in a hellish marriage with a woman who wants out. Old age is a time for joyfully reaping the fruits of your worldly labour.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by authority2006(m): 6:25am On Feb 04, 2021
bukatyne:

Hahahahaha grin

grin cheesy

I am happy the wife stated the true reason for wanting the divorce.

I give her points for that.

An Arab woman interested in no-fault divorce? Aye n dori kodo.

Since the husband still wants the marriage, he should engage his wife on what she means by 'freedom' and reach a compromise.

The Law unfortunately cannot force anyone to be with their partners when they have checked out of the union.

If not for the court, babe would divorce Oga and request for monthly alimony of D25k so she can maintain her 'current' standard of living.

"Signs*

The husband, in turn, told the court that he loved his wife and did not want to divorce her. He added that she (wife) was used to going out with friends without his knowledge but he did not object to it because he loved her. However, she was showing no respect to him.

Did you read that part? What freedom are we still talking about? May be he should allow her to bring men into his house

1 Like

Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by jidxin(m): 6:25am On Feb 04, 2021
Saccharine:
So,basically she is being forced to remain married when she doesn't want to.

She is alleged to be disrespectful and yet the man is insisting on continuing and im seeing comments that are even projecting what she might have done if she got the divorce.

Same set of people would cry 'why did she not divorce' if she does something harsh to this man now just so that she can have this freedom that she went to a court to acquire..

Last I heard,marriage is not by force.

Y'all are funny individuals.

there is always grounds for divorce and those ain't ground to grant one. The law must be followed
Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by advanceDNA: 6:32am On Feb 04, 2021
wany:

Have mention it numerous times on this platform that the liberation of a sister is the night mare of a brother.check out comments here and you can feel the deep cut pain,the woman must die there ,not minding her want. in this one life.sad undecided

You women overreact..........if you don’t get married now and remain free ....How is it an headache to any man....??

1 Like

Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by Nobody: 6:32am On Feb 04, 2021
marinepatrol:
When a man is in love a new mumu is born..

Or rather, an old mumu is awakened. Men deserve what women dish out to them. I hope she stabs him in his sleep and regains her 'freedom'. But I hope he doesn't die, I want him to see the error of his ways and live to preach it to the younger ones.

Reminded me of the saying: "not all old men are wise; foolish men grow old too".

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by advanceDNA: 6:39am On Feb 04, 2021
Saccharine:

She is alleged to be disrespectful and yet the man is insisting on continuing and im seeing comments that are even projecting what she might have done if she got the divorce.

Same set of people would cry 'why did she not divorce' if she does something harsh to this man now just so that she can have this freedom that she went to a court to acquire..

She’s not being forced ...judges do this all the time to see if the marriage will work, especially when there’s no tangible reason for leaving...

She could just be experiencing midlife crisis...she doesn’t even have a job....

She wil file her case again after 6 months ...no judge can force anyone to stay married...

1 Like

Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by Dchampion65: 6:44am On Feb 04, 2021
She has become desperate.

The man's life may be in danger.
Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by Kubernetes: 6:49am On Feb 04, 2021
LordKO:

Common sense didn't tell you that mutual sense of right (not what makes one happy) and mutually doing so at all times is the soul of the sacredness of marriage and that once the law makes it obvious that one can wake up one morning and decides to divorce their spouse unjustly, marriage will automatically lose its sacredness. Wherever a court grants a divorce request based on irreconcilable differences, both parties involved wittingly or unwittingly gave their consent to it.

That "marriage is not by force" doesn't encourage self-absorbing and opportunistic acts - as she exhibited. It's the same as freedom; freedom doesn't negate decorum. Leaving shouldn't be at her discretion at this point, but that of the husband; and, of course, granting her the leave will be done after subjecting her to some pains, if I were the husband. It's insanity for one to think that she/he has the right to walk into another's life with a set standard in place, disorganize/wreak them and leave at will scot-free.

I see sense from the Islamic judge ruling.
No wonder, marriage has lost sacredness in the western world.

1 Like

Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by abbey621(m): 6:49am On Feb 04, 2021
It can only happen in Arab countries or countries with macho attitutde! Marriage or relationships is not by force, it is a contract and either party is free to terminate the contract at any point without remorse. Let's stop this foolishness, the woman is saying she wants to leave now peacefully and the court is saying no, let's not act shocked if she ends up pouring boiled water or cutting the man's blokos off.

Why would a man want to stay with a woman that wants to leave? It's stupid! Sure the time wasted and the money invested hurts but shouldn't the man be thanking God for opening his eyes? A lot of poeple are still married to their enemies and are clueless......Better to be divorced than to be murdered by a wife that wants to jaye by force grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by Nobody: 6:52am On Feb 04, 2021
JovialJune:
[s][/s]

Da hell!!! See nonsense this one typed abeg, a woman is willing to leave a marriage so that she'd stop disrespecting her husband, you're saying she cant leave cos marriage bla bla bla, see talk abeg, she said she wants to be free, she has the fvcking right to leave a marriage where she feels caged, marriage hlas it is in this century is not sacred anymore, at least for some, you hear husband and wives commiting disgusting atrocities in secret when they can easily divorce and do it freely with no guilt,

The lady should better go to a better Judge or court where she will be granted her divorce abeg, marriage is not by force, everybody has the right to leave a marriage they are no more interested in, regardless of whoever is enjoying it or not.

What wrong with Feminist?
They just love the destruction of marriage and family values
So na wetin you want for Nigeria abi
Na divorce and alimony , you dey look for
Not in my country
We Redpillers, patriachs , religious enthusiast,and traditional conservatives will never allow femcentric and gynocentric societal laws

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by Godbless3(m): 6:52am On Feb 04, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Poor people will always put the money first before the issue.

So after 25 years of enduring the controlling man, she wants to live her life, and he won't let her. Why do you think this is so? Because he's a saint? She shouldn't because of "the amount on a regular basis"? Money may buy you, but not everyone else.

So what makes her endure for 25years?
Free from what?
Abuse? her reason for being free, she never say she was abuse for 25yrs that you're assuming.
Get the facts and stop assumption.
She just want to be free so she can fvck any dick she want to.
If she was being abuse, it would have been stated clearly and the comment here would have been diff.
No court would agree to a divorce just because a woman or man want to be single.

1 Like

Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by Nobody: 6:55am On Feb 04, 2021
Saccharine:

That's why we will never allow alimony , and modify our divorce laws to allow for progressive femcentric and gynocentric values in our society

Never angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by Sulybayus: 6:56am On Feb 04, 2021
The judgment is okay. And it will served as lesson for all the woman that do the such act.

1 Like

Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by Nobody: 6:57am On Feb 04, 2021
frozen70:
I think she wants freedom and to enjoy life

If the husband can step up his romantic game, she can still remain there

The men outside knows how to handle women more than the ones inside with them

This life is not balance, you just want to have it all

Freedom shebi
We dey Nigeria
We dey watch you Feminist
Nonsense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by Nobody: 7:00am On Feb 04, 2021
JovialJune:
[s][/s]

Da hell!!! See nonsense this one typed abeg, a woman is willing to leave a marriage so that she'd stop disrespecting her husband, you're saying she cant leave cos marriage bla bla bla, see talk abeg, she said she wants to be free, she has the fvcking right to leave a marriage where she feels caged, marriage hlas it is in this century is not sacred anymore, at least for some, you hear husband and wives commiting disgusting atrocities in secret when they can easily divorce and do it freely with no guilt,

The lady should better go to a better Judge or court where she will be granted her divorce abeg, marriage is not by force, everybody has the right to leave a marriage they are no more interested in, regardless of whoever is enjoying it or not.

Not a sensible write up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by hardbody: 7:00am On Feb 04, 2021
LordKO:

This isn't entirely true "The Law unfortunately cannot force anyone to be with their partners when they have checked out of the union"

The law seldom grants an unjust divorce, especially where one of the parties involved is still interested in the union. The judge even demonstrated this in his judgment. In a lenient scenario, the judge will penalize her and award damages in favor of the husband, and then let her go.

Of course, the law or anyone can't force someone to stay emotionally connected to their partner; she's long bailed out emotionally from the husband. The object of attraction isn't appealing to her anymore, and as I said above, the husband partly contributed to it through the condoning of nonsense from her. If I were the husband, I'd subject her to some pains and then let her go - one who comes into equity should always come with clean hands because peace is only priceless when obtained under mutual goodness.

Well said. I was going to counter that proposition that the law cannot force anyone to stay in a relationship when indeed the law refuses to untie you from that relationship except under specific provisions of the Marriage Act..

I align myself with the rest of your address.
Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by TruthHurts1(m): 7:03am On Feb 04, 2021
This is actually Shariah law that you're justifying.

glowingflame7:

I was just laughing as the judge even said that her husband should reduce her upkeep money. Correct judge.
Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by Nobody: 7:04am On Feb 04, 2021
JovialJune:
[s][/s]

She will leave penniless
And she should be demonized in her society
Feminism and rubbish
You think you can manipulate us via appeal to the man's ego
Bullshit

2 Likes

Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by Hassanmaye(m): 7:05am On Feb 04, 2021
etrouble:

You see now, not everything in Shariah is stupid. A useless devil inspired European or American court would have granted the useless Jezebel her evil wish
Just wait with time you will understand all that
Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by Hassanmaye(m): 7:06am On Feb 04, 2021
alizma:

That judge has indebt knowledge of family affairs management. He knows that when a woman become to comfortable, she starts to allow stupidity crawl into her head
That gender can do anything
Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by TruthHurts1(m): 7:07am On Feb 04, 2021
She's in her early 40s and was married 25 years ago. Do the math. That means she was between 15 and 17 when she got married. It was obviously a forced and arranged marriage. If she had enough after 25 years she should be allowed to leave.

Godbless3:

So what makes her endure for 25years?
Free from what?
Abuse? her reason for being free, she never say she was abuse for 25yrs that you're assuming.
Get the facts and stop assumption.
She just want to be free so she can fvck any dick she want to.
If she was being abuse, it would have been stated clearly and the comment here would have been diff.
No court would agree to a divorce just because a woman or man want to be single.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by Nobody: 7:07am On Feb 04, 2021
SimplyFacts:
Funny judge grin grin

The woman go be like, "Oga Judge, are you me,,, am I you undecided?"

It's better to let her go peacefully than killing the husband.

Rubbish
Even she's let go, she should be penalized
Next time she will not disrespect the institution of marriage
Nonsense
Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by Hassanmaye(m): 7:10am On Feb 04, 2021
OlawaleBammie:

Reason why i like the middle east wen it comes to handling women, they know that women are not to be granted an inch, else they wil request for a mile from u forcefully or manipulatively

Simps are natives of the west truly
Lol how comes daughters of Jezebel are teaching men lesson to the extent that they are now understanding the wisdom of shariah and Muslims ways of handling feminists?
Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by Hassanmaye(m): 7:12am On Feb 04, 2021
fireprince14:
I was thinking along these lines when I first started reading the post. But from the little I know about Sharia law, if the husband was abusive, she would have been granted a divorce. If he had been abusive, she would have mentioned it in court and brought witnesses. Her reasons for wanting to leave are really annoying. I've always said that as much as I like the idea of "love", I'm more interested in loyalty. How do you say you want to leave a 25 year marriage to be free and party with your friends? Funniest part is, she probably doesn't have a job or business which means the guy will still be expected to fund her lifestyle after leaving him. I'm assuming she entered into the marriage of her own volition though we all know how archaic they can be over there. Whatever the case, you don't leave a 25 year old commitment just cos you want to party. How would she feel if she was in the husband's shoes? No wonder the judge asked him to reduce her allowance. Abeg, it's fashionable to be woke but some things are just not right.
Lol that's daughters of Jezebel for you and how they think
Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by Hassanmaye(m): 7:16am On Feb 04, 2021
Harddiskng:

You are obviously not a daughter of Zion. Plus you are extending dull, where did you read I’m looking for a woman lol. No need to exchange words with you.

I do have an uncle doing extremely well. He is a project manager for a man, some political powers use as a front to establish business and control cash.

We usually have talks about women. He has a good wife, very homely but oneday he mentioned one of his regret, I would never have guess it. It was “Getting Married”. According to him he was no longer a free man. I still ponder on his words till date.

God in heaven!! Man are you serious tell me more before I venture into it. I fear daughters of Jezebel

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Love Is not always sweet .. 7 years marriage experience / My Brothers Wife Is Cheating, Do I Tell Him Or Mind My Business / Woman's Before And After Divorce Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.