Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,326 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:21 AM

What’s The Issue With Being A Housewife? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What’s The Issue With Being A Housewife? (911 Views)

Housewife Pregnant For Stepson In Nasarawa, Caught In Bed Having Sex / Vibrator Given To A Housewife As Wedding Souvenir In Lagos (Photos) / My Husband Is Very Jealous Because I’m Beautiful – 16-year-old Housewife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What’s The Issue With Being A Housewife? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Feb 03, 2021
Nothing is actually wrong with that.

The male and female feminists want to give international authority to women. They want a woman to be exhausted and tired all the time: be a career woman, a mom, have children = all this is when it can’t be done because I’m a person, not a machine.

Better to be a gentle supervisor at home under the role of an understanding than a dictatorial mean and an uncaring stranger at work.

Your boss at work doesn’t give your requirements to a rat, your husband does if you want a quality man.

As a professional woman, you are not really autonomous, you are under the... read more and join the discussion here>>>https://buggingquestions.com/question/whats-the-issue-with-being-a-housewife/

1 Like

Re: What’s The Issue With Being A Housewife? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Feb 03, 2021
Feminists want to be men. Here's a BBC ad you might enjoy. It was meant to be satire, but reverberated with women everywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCftJ8Hf0kI

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Issue With Being A Housewife? by Ishilove: 8:40pm On Feb 03, 2021
La click la purge watery shit

3 Likes

Re: What’s The Issue With Being A Housewife? by ImaIma1(f): 9:26pm On Feb 03, 2021
Ishilove:

grin

3 Likes

Re: What’s The Issue With Being A Housewife? by descarado: 9:30pm On Feb 03, 2021
Ishilove:
Oh my goodness cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Issue With Being A Housewife? by Twenty8: 11:32pm On Feb 03, 2021
It's all gonna end in premium tears.

1 Like

Re: What’s The Issue With Being A Housewife? by Biglittlelois(f): 12:20am On Feb 04, 2021
No issues, there will only be issues if you try to forcefully make an independent career woman an housewife, feminism doesnt force or limit women to do or be a certain way, it gives women the freedom to choose and be whatever they want to be, I don't understand why y'all like to attribute every fault to that movement/philosophy, not cool.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Issue With Being A Housewife? by Richy4(m): 5:57am On Feb 04, 2021
In as much as there's nothing wrong with being a house wife, there's need for every wife to be independent Finance wise...

No matter how nice the man maybe, there are times you don't wanna be bothered at all let alone a spouse asking for a huge some for an upkeep... a grown a$$ woman should not subject herself into looking at a man's face to know when he's on the right mood to collect money... If she's working, she will save her self from that situation where the man out of irritation might accuse her of drinking the money he has been giving her...

OP, based on what you said about a boss not given a sh!t, I have a slogan those days that says pay me first, then we shall revisit the insults later..Everyone man or woman, (boy or girl if possible) should be financially independent...

1 Like

Re: What’s The Issue With Being A Housewife? by IamPlato(m): 9:57pm On Feb 04, 2021
Ishilove:
Lol... Mad Oh

See Anger... You Need Anger Management Classes

4 Likes

Re: What’s The Issue With Being A Housewife? by IamPlato(m): 10:01pm On Feb 04, 2021
Biglittlelois:
No issues, there will only be issues if you try to forcefully make an independent career woman an housewife, feminism doesnt force or limit women to do or be a certain way, it gives women the freedom to choose and be whatever they want to be, I don't understand why y'all like to attribute every fault to that movement/philosophy, not cool.
who Took Away A Woman's Freedom to Choose before?

Women Have Always Buried Themselves with Very Little Choices, women Are Ready To Die In The Comfort Zone. There Is No Point Playin The Victim

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Issue With Being A Housewife? by ImaIma1(f): 9:08am On Feb 05, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:
Feminists want to be men. Here's a BBC ad you might enjoy. It was meant to be satire, but reverberated with women everywhere.

cheesy
Nice one. Not every woman has to be a career woman. Nothing wrong with being a housewife and probably doing their own thing at the side.

1 Like

Re: What’s The Issue With Being A Housewife? by bukatyne(f): 10:13am On Feb 05, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

I saw this some years back.

A NLer once said feminism that should be 'women can do anything' because 'women can do everything'.

So while the woman's job of housekeeping and child nuturing is there, we have also added the traditional work hours of men.

Women who did not have the opportunity to work outside the house felt cheated and clamoured to work traditional work hours. Those who have the opportunity and encouraged to do are burnt out trying to do it all.

Then you have the desire to be productive, be a part of something bigger than your self, be mentally engaged and invest in the society.

When I did not have a job after NYSC, I was so mentally disengaged that I picked my lesson notes during service and read, read my project, write out articles for friends/family, did cardboard designs for Church, wanted to establish an editorial unit in Church, helped neighbors mind their kids.... Did all sorts till I got a job.

Now, what won't I give for a year of rest (paid leave. cheesy) and do other things apart from work. grin

This life ehn, damned if you are, damned if you are not.

It is just to pick your path, ensure the advantages are more than the disadvantages (everything has merits/demerits on earth) and make your peace.

1 Like

Re: What’s The Issue With Being A Housewife? by angelfallz(m): 11:48am On Feb 05, 2021
Lol, your comment is not the entire truth. Check the pic below, for the full truth.

RisenPhoenix1:

1 Like

Re: What’s The Issue With Being A Housewife? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Feb 05, 2021
angelfallz:
Lol, your comment is not the entire truth. Check the pic below, for the full truth.

So true. Thank you for this concise but all encompassing meme. Anu Mathur must be a genius.

1 Like

Re: What’s The Issue With Being A Housewife? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Feb 05, 2021
bukatyne:

I saw this some years back.

A NLer once said feminism that should be 'women can do anything' because 'women can do everything'.

So while the woman's job of housekeeping and child nuturing is there, we have also added the traditional work hours of men.

Women who did not have the opportunity to work outside the house felt cheated and clamoured to work traditional work hours. Those who have the opportunity and encouraged to do are burnt out trying to do it all.

Then you have the desire to be productive, be a part of something bigger than your self, be mentally engaged and invest in the society.

When I did not have a job after NYSC, I was so mentally disengaged that I picked my lesson notes during service and read, read my project, write out articles for friends/family, did cardboard designs for Church, wanted to establish an editorial unit in Church, helped neighbors mind their kids.... Did all sorts till I got a job.

Now, what won't I give for a year of rest (paid leave. cheesy) and do other things apart from work. grin

This life ehn, damned if you are, damned if you are not.

It is just to pick your path, ensure the advantages are more than the disadvantages (everything has merits/demerits on earth) and make your peace.

Sensible and accurate comment.

And the irony is a woman can have it all. She can just marry a traditional man who would not pressure her into "ssss-splitting the bill" and she can have the best of both worlds. Work when she likes and face the home front when she likes. But women choose the hardest path for themselves, then bitch about life being unfair.

The problem is that feminists would disagree that a woman has the right to choose. They do not consider being a housewife as an option, since they think it too submissive, sexist and degrading to a woman; and they would openly ridicule any woman that thinks it out loud.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Happened To Man Who Wanted A Male Child By All Means / Why Do Some Naija Women Do These? / Need A Technician To Help Fix My Washing Machine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.