Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

Police Vow To Arrest Suspected Arsonists - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Vow To Arrest Suspected Arsonists (198 Views)

Police Vow To Go After LGBTQ Community, Probe Members After Video Challenge / Army & Yoruba Youths Caught Arsonists In The Act In Akure: Pictures & Video / Police Vow To Stop 8/8 Cult Celebration In Ogun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Police Vow To Arrest Suspected Arsonists by obama30: 8:12pm On Feb 03, 2021
vanguardngr.com logo
Police vow to arrest suspected arsonists in Ebonyi community
2'
Home » News »

ON FEBRUARY 3, 20216:27 PMIN NEWS
The Ebonyi Police Command says it will investigate and arrest those suspected to be behind the fire that destroyed herders’ houses in Oshibo community in Ebonyi Local Government Area.

The Commissioner of Police, Aliyu Garba, said this on Wednesday in Abakiliki, while briefing newsmen on the Monday fire.

Garba assured herders in the state that the command would leave no stone unturned in its efforts to arrest the culprits.

He said that the command was committed to the security of lives and property in the state and urged residents to desist from causing trouble.

READ ALSO: Ogun Police kill two armed robbers, arrest one in a shoot out
”The command has ordered the divisional police officers to commence an investigation into the wicked act.

“We are not happy about the incident and efforts are in progress to apprehend the suspected perpetrators of the crime,” the police boss said.

He appealed to the public to assist the command with useful information that would help to rid the state of unscrupulous elements,” Garba said.

Meanwhile, a victim of the fire, Alhaji Musa Saidu, told newsmen that no fewer than five thatched houses and other property were razed down by the fire.

”I was not around when the incident happened but was told that three men with motorcycles stormed our residence, chased away my family and others, and burnt down our houses.

“I want the government to take appropriate action over the situation. I have been in Ebonyi for over 30 years,” Saidu said.

Another victim, Mrs Zuwaira Musa, said she was not able to prevent the fire because she tried to rescue their 80-year-old mother, living with a disability.

READ ALSO: Under-20 world rugby championship cancelled for second year straight
“I was about to bathe her when they came and set the house ablaze. She was almost burnt.

“We lost our clothes, money, and other household property to the fire,” Musa said.

Also, Mrs Zainab Isa, said the suspected arsonists came around noon to carry out the dastardly act, saying, “I lost my money and other valuables to the fire.”

They appealed to the security agencies and state governments to take necessary action to avert future attacks on them.

Vanguard News Nigeria

All rights reserved. This material and any other digital content on this platform may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, written or distributed in full or in part, without written permission from VANGUARD NEWS.
LAWAL SHERIFAT
Re: Police Vow To Arrest Suspected Arsonists by obama30: 8:24pm On Feb 03, 2021
obama30:
vanguardngr.com logo
2'
Home » News »

ON FEBRUARY 3, 20216:27 PMIN NEWS
The Ebonyi Police Command says it will investigate and arrest those suspected to be behind the fire that destroyed herders’ houses in Oshibo community in Ebonyi Local Government Area.

The Commissioner of Police, Aliyu Garba, said this on Wednesday in Abakiliki, while briefing newsmen on the Monday fire.

Garba assured herders in the state that the command would leave no stone unturned in its efforts to arrest the culprits.

He said that the command was committed to the security of lives and property in the state and urged residents to desist from causing trouble.

READ ALSO: Ogun Police kill two armed robbers, arrest one in a shoot out
”The command has ordered the divisional police officers to commence an investigation into the wicked act.

“We are not happy about the incident and efforts are in progress to apprehend the suspected perpetrators of the crime,” the police boss said.

He appealed to the public to assist the command with useful information that would help to rid the state of unscrupulous elements,” Garba said.

Meanwhile, a victim of the fire, Alhaji Musa Saidu, told newsmen that no fewer than five thatched houses and other property were razed down by the fire.

”I was not around when the incident happened but was told that three men with motorcycles stormed our residence, chased away my family and others, and burnt down our houses.

“I want the government to take appropriate action over the situation. I have been in Ebonyi for over 30 years,” Saidu said.

Another victim, Mrs Zuwaira Musa, said she was not able to prevent the fire because she tried to rescue their 80-year-old mother, living with a disability.

READ ALSO: Under-20 world rugby championship cancelled for second year straight
“I was about to bathe her when they came and set the house ablaze. She was almost burnt.

“We lost our clothes, money, and other household property to the fire,” Musa said.

Also, Mrs Zainab Isa, said the suspected arsonists came around noon to carry out the dastardly act, saying, “I lost my money and other valuables to the fire.”

They appealed to the security agencies and state governments to take necessary action to avert future attacks on them.

Vanguard News Nigeria

All rights reserved. This material and any other digital content on this platform may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, written or distributed in full or in part, without written permission from VANGUARD NEWS.
LAWAL SHERIFAT

The same police refuse to arrest the same fulanis when they forcefully chase the owner of land out and illegally occupied his farm.

The same police refuse to come for the host community complain.

The same police refuse to arrest the fulanis that kill, rape, still, and kidnappers.

But they are in hast to go and arrest people for fighting criminals that occupied their farmland and use it for criminals hid out.

ESN should give Orlu treatment to this police men in Ebony state, also Ebony's should give Endsars treatment to any police see around arresting people.

Police are human being, they can also be wasted and through in bush as they are supporting criminals that do the same to their host community, despite occupied their farmland you will in turn doing evil to them. Do you think they will continue watching you.

The same fulanis kill police men yet police never arrest them.

So let Ebony's see the police as fulanis and give the Endsars treatment to the police

(1) (Reply)

Need To Hire A Lawyer To Write A Letter To A Debtor / US Authorities Lists Ways It Will Recover $10.7 Million From Obinwanne Okeke / Ebonyi: Gunmen Attack Police Station In Izzi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.