Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:07 AM

Herdsmen: No Ethnic Group Should Lord Over Others - Gbajabiamila - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen: No Ethnic Group Should Lord Over Others - Gbajabiamila (21408 Views)

Benjamin Hundeyin: The Crisis At Alaba Market Had No Ethnic Correlation / Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe / Defend Yourselves From Herdsmen, No Tribe Is Superior – Ex-minister Tells Yoruba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Herdsmen: No Ethnic Group Should Lord Over Others - Gbajabiamila by dre11(m): 8:16pm On Feb 03, 2021
Olalekan Adetayo, Abuja

The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamiala, on Wednesday said federal lawmakers would come up with legislation to address the current unhealthy relationship between herdsmen and their host communities, especially in the South-West.

Gbajabiamila disclosed this in an interview with State House correspondents after a meeting he had with the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

Tension is currently rising in the South-West with Sunday Adeyemo popularly called Sunday Igboho asking Fulani herdsmen to leave the zone following cases of kidnapping allegedly traced to some of them.

In Ondo State, the state government recently asked herdsmen to vacate the state forest reserves within seven days.

When asked for his view on the building tension, Gbajabiamila said all those concerned needed to embrace dialogue.

He warned against any ethnic group lording it over others.

He said, “Everybody just has to come to the table and discuss and come to an amicable resolution which I am sure we will.

“I don’t think any ethnic group should lord it over any ethnic group. The South-West should not lord it over the North; the North should not lord it over the South.

“We should respect each other’s trade, geographical space, history, culture and more importantly the issue of crime, murder all those things should be completely jettisoned.

“But more importantly, we all have to sit at the table and discuss this matter and look for the way forward. I think everybody is willing to do that.

“From the National Assembly, solutions will come from talking. I believe that now that we are about to start work on Tuesday, I know these issues will come up and adequate and proper legislation that will address the issue frontally and in the best interest of the country, and all nations that make up the nation will be put in place.”

Gbajabiamila said his discussion with the President was on the state of the nation and that they had a fruitful discussion.

He said the recent change of service chiefs was a welcome development and that the National Assembly will provide enabling environment for them to deliver.

He said, “The appointment of new service chiefs is what everybody has been clamouring for – the House, Senate, the public -and the President took his time and he studied the situation very well and did it at the right time that he thought he should do it and we are in support of what he has done.

“The National Assembly will not in any way put hurdles before the service chiefs.

“We will provide a working environment suitable for them to be able to discharge their responsibilities very efficiently.”

On the ongoing registration membership registration and revalidation of the ruling All Progressives Congress, Gbajabiamilia urged all Nigerians who are of voting age to join the party so that they can pick leaders of their choice in 2023.

He said he has not seen any alternative to the APC in the country for now.

He added, “Show me an alternative with cogent reasons, then we can talk. For now, I have not seen any alternative.

“The APC has done a lot and I want us to be very objective. But unfortunately, in life that is just how it is, if you have done 100 things and one thing probably you met on ground is not quite right yet, it has the tendency of muddling the waters and discrediting the 100 good things you have done.

“That is the situation we have found ourselves but we will continue to educate the public on the things we have done.

“The APC never really enjoyed propagating itself, we thought our work will speak for us. But for me, I have since learnt that you need to propagate yourself. Because, often when I sit down with some of the biggest critics of the government and I say the party did this, this and this, they are in shock.”
https://punchng.com/herdsmen-no-ethnic-group-should-lord-it-over-others-says-gbajabiamila/

6 Likes

Re: Herdsmen: No Ethnic Group Should Lord Over Others - Gbajabiamila by Nobody: 8:22pm On Feb 03, 2021
One of Tinubu loyal puppy has spoken...

You're there "Lording" what rightfully belongs to the masses with the gavel and the pen, but come on air to preach peace.

That's an hypocritical behavior Mr. Speaker....

135 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Herdsmen: No Ethnic Group Should Lord Over Others - Gbajabiamila by seunmsg(m): 8:24pm On Feb 03, 2021
All we need to do is to come down very hard on criminals irrespective of ethnicity. Treat criminals as criminals and stop treating them with kid gloves. The fact that a well known killer and kidnapper like Iskilu Wakili has not been arrested and dealt with says it all.

If relevant security agencies and senior government officials have been sincere and open minded in tackling this criminal herdsmen problem right from when APC took over in 2015, the situation won’t be this bad.

Policing is serious business that must be devoid of politics, ethnicity, religion and other petty considerations. The body language of senior government officials must also not encourage criminality. This pervasive insecurity may end up as Buhari’s Waterloo if nothing is done urgently to change the current trajectory of the crisis.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Herdsmen: No Ethnic Group Should Lord Over Others - Gbajabiamila by Salewa97: 8:25pm On Feb 03, 2021
“We should respect each other’s trade, geographical space, history, culture and more importantly the issue of crime, murder all those things should be completely jettisoned.

Exactly Gbajabiamila.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen: No Ethnic Group Should Lord Over Others - Gbajabiamila by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:27pm On Feb 03, 2021
It's not Sunday Igboho asking them to leave, it's the people, stop trying to make this about one man you useless Nigerian media

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Herdsmen: No Ethnic Group Should Lord Over Others - Gbajabiamila by Ogonimilitant(m): 8:39pm On Feb 03, 2021
Rubber stamp speaker

57 Likes

Re: Herdsmen: No Ethnic Group Should Lord Over Others - Gbajabiamila by Nobody: 8:40pm On Feb 03, 2021
People invade your land ...kill your youths , rape your mother's and all u can say is let's come to the table and discuss peaceful way to resolve the issue ?

Resolve what abeg ? With a thief ?

When would southerners understand that u can't have peaceful reasoning with fulanis , they want your land and want to rule over u ...they want the whole yoruba land and south to be like ilorin

Southern kaduna gave them land ..how far
Jos gave them land how far ...?

This is not igbo - yoruba fight where we have limits and just make fun of each other ...

This is real people who believe they can conquere u

If u want peace look at what ghana , senegal , CAR , jukun ,tiv did to them

Or u can be submissive like ilorin or hausas

The option is yours

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Herdsmen: No Ethnic Group Should Lord Over Others - Gbajabiamila by Olatomiwami(m): 8:40pm On Feb 03, 2021
JidennaJason:
One of Tinubu loyal puppy has spoken...

You're there "Lording" what rightfully belongs to the masses with the gavel and the pen, but come on air to preach peace.

That's an hypocritical behavior Mr. Speaker....

Must u mention Tinubu, when will u learn to be diplomatic and contribute intelligently?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herdsmen: No Ethnic Group Should Lord Over Others - Gbajabiamila by Bornu1stSon(m): 8:42pm On Feb 03, 2021
Who else noticed how Powerless Fulani Herdsmen are towards South Eastern states?

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Herdsmen: No Ethnic Group Should Lord Over Others - Gbajabiamila by Moferere: 8:45pm On Feb 03, 2021
JidennaJason:
Dear Hypocrite,

What has a certain ethnic group got to do with this your dumb reply?

Is Tinubu, the famous thief and drug baron a god in Nigeria that we should be scared to talk about?

If he is a god to you and many others here because of a plate of Amala and Ewedu, he's no god to me, Infact, he is a THIEF.

Get that into your skull.

I feel your pains.

Tinubu is a thief, Kalu and Okorocha are saints.

I don't like Tinubu as a person but you people must stop this nonsense or else you will wail till 2031

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herdsmen: No Ethnic Group Should Lord Over Others - Gbajabiamila by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:48pm On Feb 03, 2021
Before this killings started full time, I remember Buhari disarming the citizens

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Herdsmen: No Ethnic Group Should Lord Over Others - Gbajabiamila by Nobody: 8:49pm On Feb 03, 2021
Moferere:

I feel your pains.

Tinubu is a thief, Kalu and Okorocha are saints.

I don't like Tinubu as a person but you people must stop this nonsense or else you will wail till 2031
You're proving me right already....

This your reply just prove beyond reasonable doubt that you've this inbuilt hatred for the Igbos, and surely it will consume you.

You don't like Tinubu as a person, but you were quick to jump into my mention like an aggressive Hyena to fight for the THIEF called Tinubu.

I don see your type before.... Tell your Jagaban to build his own Forum were you can worship and adore him all night .

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen: No Ethnic Group Should Lord Over Others - Gbajabiamila by greatiyk4u(m): 9:00pm On Feb 03, 2021
My concern is that if war breaks out tomorrow, na the same poor masses go bear the destruction...

Let us thread with caution, as bad as Fulanis may be, I have strong feelings that the death and other crime suspected of them is overrated.....

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen: No Ethnic Group Should Lord Over Others - Gbajabiamila by Nobody: 9:01pm On Feb 03, 2021
JidennaJason:
You're proving me right already....

This your reply just prove it beyond reasonable doubt that you've this inbuilt hatred for the Igbos, and surely it will consume you.

You don't like Tinubu as a person, but you were quick to jump into my mention like a wounded antelope to fight for the THIEF called Tinubu.

I don see your type before.... Tell your Jagaban to build his own Forum were you can worship and adore him all night .

This path you’ve taken
I hope you will make
It there ?

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen: No Ethnic Group Should Lord Over Others - Gbajabiamila by Iamgrey5(m): 9:01pm On Feb 03, 2021
JidennaJason:
[b] You're proving me right already....

This your reply just prove it beyond reasonable doubt that you've this inbuilt hatred for the Igbos, and surely it will consume you.
Lol me
You don't like Tinubu as a person, but you were quick to jump into my mention like a wounded antelope to fight for the THIEF called Tinubu.

Stop the hypocritical bulshit and cut the crap already.

Aren't you an Igbo boy from Delta state that idolizes James ibori again.

Ironically! Ibori is actually a convicted criminal

You are busy talking about Ewedu up there which is a form tribal profiling and bigotry innitself, yet you have the nerve to insult others profiling your own tribe.

And yes, how the hell does this thread concern Tinubu again?
JidennaJason:
] Just see how youju're vibrating like a Nokia phone with swollen battery all because I made mention of the THIEF called Tinubu.

If I open a thread about him, you might just smash your phone against the concrete wall.

To hell with Tinubu and your ever dry jokes.

I don't even know which is more irritating; your attempt at being funny, or your hypocritical nature

I only pointed out your hypocrisy

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herdsmen: No Ethnic Group Should Lord Over Others - Gbajabiamila by superior1: 9:03pm On Feb 03, 2021
That idiotic Tinubu boy is going to be part of the Yorubas that would be thrown into the dustbin of history very soon.

Fulani pack your cow and leave. Otogeee

11 Likes

Re: Herdsmen: No Ethnic Group Should Lord Over Others - Gbajabiamila by Nobody: 9:04pm On Feb 03, 2021
WiLdFLame:

This path you’ve taken
I hope you will make
It there ?
I love threats like this...
Re: Herdsmen: No Ethnic Group Should Lord Over Others - Gbajabiamila by GallantDuke(m): 9:07pm On Feb 03, 2021
Go and say that to those Fulani herdsmen and see if you will come back with your head still intact.
Come to think of it, You guys have been Lording it over we the masses for time immemorial now.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen: No Ethnic Group Should Lord Over Others - Gbajabiamila by Nobody: 9:09pm On Feb 03, 2021
Iamgrey5:
Stop the hypocritical bulshit and cut the crap already.

Aren't an Igbo boy from Delta state the idolizes James ibori again.

Ironically Ibori is actually a convict criminal

You are busy talking about Ewedu up there which is a form tribal profiling and bigotry itself, yet you have the nerve to insult others profiling your own tribe.

And yes, how the hell does this thread concern Tinubu again?
Just see how you're vibrating like a Nokia phone with swollen battery all because I made mention of the THIEF called Tinubu.

If I open a thread about him, you might just smash your phone against the concrete wall.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen: No Ethnic Group Should Lord Over Others - Gbajabiamila by Racoon(m): 9:09pm On Feb 03, 2021
Seems you are just waking up from your sleep on top bicycle? Have Gbaja forgotten that it was the same ethnic group that made him the rubberstamp stooge that he is? Well, grow some balls.

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen: No Ethnic Group Should Lord Over Others - Gbajabiamila by chumada: 9:10pm On Feb 03, 2021
if this useless tribalist Sunday was to be an igboman, afonja would've called for his head, see how they're giving him support because Fulani is dealing with them mercilessly... This foolish afonja was insulting KANU and cheering the killing of innocent ipob, ndi ara

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Herdsmen: No Ethnic Group Should Lord Over Others - Gbajabiamila by wakaman: 9:10pm On Feb 03, 2021
Well said.
Re: Herdsmen: No Ethnic Group Should Lord Over Others - Gbajabiamila by naijadrivablog: 9:10pm On Feb 03, 2021
Una de just wake up.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen: No Ethnic Group Should Lord Over Others - Gbajabiamila by WiszyFraud: 9:11pm On Feb 03, 2021
. . . cheesy

Re: Herdsmen: No Ethnic Group Should Lord Over Others - Gbajabiamila by TriCee: 9:11pm On Feb 03, 2021
Ok, Gbaja don wake up too. Baba better call Buhari bast.ard as e dey your mind, no dey disguise.

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen: No Ethnic Group Should Lord Over Others - Gbajabiamila by okenwaa(m): 9:11pm On Feb 03, 2021
Here is my referral link for BEE Network. Get 1 free BEE when you join BEE: okenwaaa. Download at https://bee.games/download.html

Don't miss out as you missed out on bitcoin.

You have nothing to lose....just download the app, use the referral code (okenwaaa) and start mining.

Bee coin will be launched next year.....it's free now.
Re: Herdsmen: No Ethnic Group Should Lord Over Others - Gbajabiamila by Nobody: 9:11pm On Feb 03, 2021

Re: Herdsmen: No Ethnic Group Should Lord Over Others - Gbajabiamila by Sonnobax15(m): 9:11pm On Feb 03, 2021
f

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Can't Stake Above ₦50k Cos I Fear PDP May Rig - Deji Tells Atiku’s Supporter / ECOWAS Imposes No Flight Zone On Niger Republic / Sadest Places To Live On Earth, Why Forbes May Be Wrong About Nigeria [picture]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.