Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,042 members, 7,807,130 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

My Mother Inlaw is too gentle for my liking - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mother Inlaw is too gentle for my liking (3105 Views)

Problem With My Wife, Mother, And Mother Inlaw. / Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? / Staying With Your Mother Inlaw (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mother Inlaw is too gentle for my liking by Nobody: 12:00am On Feb 04, 2021
Jesus, nairaland na Cruise.
See replys above. Laugh wan kee mi
Re: My Mother Inlaw is too gentle for my liking by Musty112: 12:01am On Feb 04, 2021
Re: My Mother Inlaw is too gentle for my liking by Biglittlelois(f): 12:10am On Feb 04, 2021
Re: My Mother Inlaw is too gentle for my liking by Richy4(m): 6:06am On Feb 04, 2021
My only anger is that you can't cook...That's where my problem is....That's the best time to show my culinary skills if I was in your shoes, even if it was 12 midnight... To drink garri abi wetin?...mcheewwww!!!!
Seriously Bro, U need to go and learn how to cook even if it's noodles.. Not giving u food is just annoying.. and starving while she eats because she can is unacceptable..
sad

1 Like

Re: My Mother Inlaw is too gentle for my liking by Richy4(m): 6:43am On Feb 04, 2021
Draslo:

What crawled up your ass? You cannot even spell fool correctly.

It was as if she knew OP from somewhere... The personal attack is just out of this world HABA!! embarassed
Re: My Mother Inlaw is too gentle for my liking by StPete: 8:01am On Feb 04, 2021
I'm sure those angry and derogatory posts were from the wife. It's obvious. What an uncultured imp without recourse to controlling her emotions in public (or on a public forum)

Richy4:

It was as if she knew OP from somewhere... The personal attack is just out of this world HABA!! embarassed
Re: My Mother Inlaw is too gentle for my liking by bukatyne(f): 8:38am On Feb 04, 2021
Your mother-in-law is useless because she did not 'command' her daughter (your wife) to get you food during a fight.

If you that owns the wife cannot 'command' her, why are you putting that responsibility on someone else? undecided

Besides, if you want your MIL's input, you ask for it by tabling the issue(s) before her.

StPete:
I'm sure those angry and derogatory posts were from the wife. It's obvious. What an uncultured imp without recourse to controlling her emotions in public (or on a public forum)

The one that called his MIL useless on a public forum is cultured ba?

If they are truly married, they are a perfect fit.

3 Likes

Re: My Mother Inlaw is too gentle for my liking by Winneygirl(f): 8:51am On Feb 04, 2021
mabeni:
but she for at least talk to her daughter or commanded her to go and bring my food.

"Commanded"?
undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: My Mother Inlaw is too gentle for my liking by mabeni(m): 10:58am On Feb 04, 2021
bukatyne:
Your mother-in-law is useless because she did not 'command' her daughter (your wife) to get you food during a fight.

If you that owns the wife cannot 'command' her, why are you putting that responsibility on someone else? undecided

Besides, if you want your MIL's input, you ask for it by tabling the issue(s) before her.

The one that called his MIL useless on a public forum is cultured ba?

If they are truly married, they are a perfect fit.
i said so because i asked for my meal in her presence...my wife didn't respond and at a point, she told me she only cooked for herself. She was eating all these while and her mom was sitting there without saying a word.

1 Like

Re: My Mother Inlaw is too gentle for my liking by mariahAngel(f): 11:35am On Feb 04, 2021
mabeni:
i said so because i asked for my meal in her presence...my wife didn't respond and at a point, she told me she only cooked for herself. She was eating all these while and her mom was sitting there without saying a word.

If this is true, then it wasn't right of her at all to not do anything about it.
She should've at least had a talk with her daughter in private to know what was going on, then talked with the both of you together to settle your fight.

You also did wrong by creating a thread calling her useless...you wouldn't have called her that if you saw her as your mother.
You were angry, yes, but it was not a good enough excuse to call her useless.
Also, learn to fix some simple meals for yourself so that your wife or anybody cannot use food against you next time. You shouldn't allow that to happen again.
People will always use your weakness against you. So, either you never show your weakness, or you do something about it.
Re: My Mother Inlaw is too gentle for my liking by padi94(m): 11:54am On Feb 04, 2021
If you are cool about it, then you are a man.

As a man, the success of your marriage will largely depend on you
Re: My Mother Inlaw is too gentle for my liking by bukatyne(f): 12:34pm On Feb 04, 2021
mabeni:

You still have no right to call your MIL useless undecided

Perhaps she wanted to mind her business or she spoke to her daughter in private?

Did you engage her privately to intervene in the matter since she is with you guys?

3 Likes

Re: My Mother Inlaw is too gentle for my liking by Vyolet(f): 1:18pm On Feb 04, 2021
I can imagine if it was the DIL that called her MIL "useless", this thread would be on the 20th page already.

9 Likes

Re: My Mother Inlaw is too gentle for my liking by NoToPile: 2:24pm On Feb 04, 2021
Mama is minding her business.
Why should she put her mouth in what she was not called to, husband and wife issue for that mata

She might still talk/ even have talked to her daughter about it in private

You are very wrong for calling her useless.

2 Likes

Re: My Mother Inlaw is too gentle for my liking by Munzy14(m): 3:09pm On Feb 04, 2021
mabeni:
My wife didn't serve me food this night because we had misunderstanding. Everything happened in the presence of her mom but never said nothing.

She didn't ask me what was happening and never asked her daughter why she didn't give me food.

I intentionally went to the to kitchen take Garri to drink...she saw me and still not said nothing.

She came for omugor
Matured display by ur MIL... U want her to talk before u and ur wife will use her settle inside bedroom..: D

Oga go and iron issues out with ur Woman now.
And let her know she went extreme, unless u didn't drop feeding money.

Marriage and wahala...

1 Like

Re: My Mother Inlaw is too gentle for my liking by KnightsTemplar(m): 3:21pm On Feb 04, 2021
mabeni:
My wife didn't serve me food this night because we had misunderstanding. Everything happened in the presence of her mom but never said nothing.

She didn't ask me what was happening and never asked her daughter why she didn't give me food.

I intentionally went to the to kitchen take Garri to drink...she saw me and still not said nothing.

She came for omugor

OP your, mother in law is not gentle, don't be deceived. That is not the best way to subtly settle matters, feigning silence as not to appear to take sides, is not the best approach, and for her, not asking her daughter why she didn't prepare or give you food when you came back, goes to show that she has already taken sides with her daughter. I'm talking from experience. She should have cautioned her daughter and cautioned you too for going to the kitchen to take food, while her daughter who ought to do that, was there. From there she calls the both of you to mediate. Unless there is something you are not telling us.

3 Likes

Re: My Mother Inlaw is too gentle for my liking by Nobody: 3:41pm On Feb 04, 2021
mabeni:
If this happened in your MIL's presence, she should've cautioned her daughter after her response. That said, you didn't reveal the nature of the misunderstanding in your post, so no one knows what you yourself had done or said to your wife to warrant her actions.

4 Likes

Re: My Mother Inlaw is too gentle for my liking by mariahAngel(f): 4:20pm On Feb 04, 2021
KnightsTemplar:

OP your, mother in law is not gentle, don't be deceived. That is not the best way to subtly settle matters, feigning silence as not to appear to take sides, is not the best approach, and for her, not asking her daughter why she didn't prepare or give you food when you came back, goes to show that she has already taken sides with her daughter. I'm talking from experience. She should have cautioned her daughter and cautioned you too for going to the kitchen to take food, while her daughter who ought to do that, was there. From there she calls the both of you to mediate. Unless there is something you are not telling us.

Thing is, he initially termed his mother-in-law useless, then he was called to order, before he edited it to gentle.
Although, I would not call her gentle... gentle?
indeed!
She can be better described as agbaya!

The mother-in-law probably wouldn't see it as her daughter doing something wrong because the daughter probably grew up seeing her do the same thing to her own husband.
All these "she's minding her business and doesn't want to interfere" is just bullsh!t! The daughter learnt it from her of course.
Would she have been quiet and minded her business if her daughter-in-law starved her own son in her presence?

4 Likes

Re: My Mother Inlaw is too gentle for my liking by lilyheaven: 5:15pm On Feb 04, 2021
He doesn’t want to bring money for diapers, no money for food, how come there’s no yam in that house?
He is lucky to find Garri drink sef grin
mariahAngel:

Thing is, he initially termed his mother-in-law useless, then he was called to order, before he edited it to gentle.
Although, I would not call her gentle... gentle?
indeed!
She can be better described as agbaya

The mother-in-law probably wouldn't see it as her daughter doing something wrong because the daughter probably grew up seeing her do the same thing to her own husband.
All these "she's minding her business and doesn't want to interfere" is just bullsh!t! The daughter learnt it from her of course.
Would she be quiet and mind her business if her daughter-in-law starved her own son in her presence?
Re: My Mother Inlaw is too gentle for my liking by mabeni(m): 5:20pm On Feb 04, 2021
lilyheaven:
He doesn’t want to bring money for diapers, no money for food, how come there’s no yam in that house?
He is lucky to find Garri drink sef grin
to you,people who drinks Garri are hungry and broke . You need to change that mentality.
Re: My Mother Inlaw is too gentle for my liking by merieam16(f): 8:14pm On Feb 04, 2021
Vyolet:
I can imagine if it was the DIL that called her MIL "useless", this thread would be on the 20th page already.
abi o...like seriously

The hatred for female on this forum is nt here at all

6 Likes

Re: My Mother Inlaw is too gentle for my liking by lilyheaven: 8:51pm On Feb 04, 2021
mabeni:
to you,people who drinks Garri are hungry and broke . You need to change that mentality.
Why are you complaining that you drank garri, at Least you can boil white yam, but you cho

2 Likes

Re: My Mother Inlaw is too gentle for my liking by CanadianNaija: 8:56pm On Feb 04, 2021
mabeni:

She came for omugor

You're just an agbaya I swear. What is flimsy food that you had open a thread openly direspecting your wife's mother for?
At your age you can't cook? You are so useless that you can't fix yourself something to eat in your own house?

You expect a woman that came to take care of her grand child to put mouth in your matter so that tomorrow small rat like you will come here and insult her if she doesn't take your side. You're calling her useless for not saying anything when you quarrelled with your wife, tomorrow you'll say she wants to control your marriage.

When your mothers will not train you people very well, you'll grow up thinking mundane things are beneath you, or that you're some sort of Kings without kingdom.

5 Likes

Re: My Mother Inlaw is too gentle for my liking by Saintmary(f): 10:36pm On Feb 04, 2021
CanadianNaija:

You're just an agbaya I swear. What is flimsy food that you had open a thread openly direspecting your wife's mother for?
At your age you can't cook? You are so useless that you can't fix yourself something to eat in your own house?

You expect a woman that came to take care of her grand child to put mouth in your matter so that tomorrow small rat like you will come here and insult her if she doesn't take your side. You're calling her useless for not saying anything when you quarrelled with your wife, tomorrow you'll say she wants to control your marriage.

When your mothers will not train you people very well, you'll grow up thinking mundane things are beneath you, or that you're some sort of Kings without kingdom.

King of Savage.
Tuuualey

Re: My Mother Inlaw is too gentle for my liking by mabeni(m): 11:34pm On Feb 04, 2021
lilyheaven:

Why are you complaining that you drank garri, at Least you can boil white yam, but you choose to drink garri.
I’m sure if you had given her money for food, she won’t Cook to eat alone.
I’m sure, she’s reasonable .
Besides, this woman just delivered a baby, and you are worrying her for food.

Honestly I married a sweet man, because he will never let me near kitchen once I’m with a baby, he always makes sure I have cooked food , before he leaves home.

Please show your wife some affection, she just gave birth to your baby kiss
my anger was neither because my wife refused to give me food nor because i took Garri. I was angry because it happened in her mom presence but she didn't say nothing.

Secondly, I intentionally took the Garri to see her reaction but she still didn't say anything.

A good mother Inlaw should have asked me why I was or wanted to take Garri when there was food at home. Or she should have at least say something to her daughter.
I'm a responsible man to the core and nobody is above mistake in regards to using negative word on her.

Please, do not quote me henceforth if you can't comprehend. Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Mother Inlaw is too gentle for my liking by frozen70(f): 1:55am On Feb 05, 2021
mabeni:

She came for omugor

She could be the gentle type that wants to mind her business without interfering into her child marriage, so far you have not reported anything to her

If you have a complain about her daughter, tell her and watch what will be her reactions

1 Like

Re: My Mother Inlaw is too gentle for my liking by lilyheaven: 7:27am On Feb 05, 2021
mabeni:
my anger was neither because my wife refused to give me food nor because i took Garri. I was angry because it happened in her mom presence but she didn't say nothing.

Secondly, I intentionally took the Garri to see her reaction but she still didn't say anything.

A good mother Inlaw should have asked me why I was or wanted to take Garri when there was food at home. Or she should have at least say something to her daughter.
I'm a responsible man to the core and nobody is above mistake in regards to using negative word on her.

Your attitude is the reason she didn’t send you, you are looking for her mouth to insult, I like her style, infact I just learnt something from her, silence is golden.
At least you don’t know if she sidelined you or daughter.
Send my regards to her.

2 Likes

Re: My Mother Inlaw is too gentle for my liking by lilyheaven: 7:31am On Feb 05, 2021
mabeni:

Don’t forget to show her love this morning before you leave home.
Better husband grin
Re: My Mother Inlaw is too gentle for my liking by iamL(f): 9:14am On Feb 05, 2021
mabeni:

Abeg park well!

If your wife tearmed your own mother as the most useless mother-In-law am sure u will open a thread for divorcing her.

Is not your fault, that's what u get when u allow your daughter to marry a broke and UNBRED man.

Labelling your MIL that came to look after your wife that put to birth in your home that only garri can be found "USELESS" shows thAT u are an UNGRATEFUL SON FROM AN UNBRED HOME.

If ordinary garri drinking that u drank because your lazy ass cant cook or probably because of poverty there is no reasonable food at home made u to call your MIL USELESS and open a thread for it shows u need lots of growing up cos marriage is for men not boys.

2 Likes

Re: My Mother Inlaw is too gentle for my liking by iamL(f): 9:20am On Feb 05, 2021
StPete:

And op is cultured for those angry and derogatory posts calling his MIL USELESS It's obvious. What an uncultured imp without recourse to controlling hIS emotions in public (or on a public forum) thereby terming his MIL "useless".

Hypocrisy!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Get Custody Of My Daughter / Mum Confronts Couple Having Sex In A Park In The Presence Of Kids. / Help!! My Sister Marriage Is About To Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.