Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,760 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) (47442 Views)

FRSC Officer MJ Oni Slaps Man For Recording Him In Osun / Police Arrest 18-year-old For Attempt To Rob ABSU Students, Three Others [VIDEO] / Professor Charles Jide-Oni, 11 Others Arraigned For Internet Fraud, Jailed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by ariesbull: 5:52am On Feb 04, 2021
Bluntguy:
One thing Mazi Nnamdi Kanu will never do. Apologize for saying the truth, naah.

You are. Right.... Kanu can never apologize for saying the truth

2 Likes

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by Etrusen(m): 5:53am On Feb 04, 2021
The best way to insult a misbehaving elder is

By saying your mind when it pain and then you can apologize afterwards

At least despite your apology, the insult will still be ringing bell on their ear

4 Likes

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by ariesbull: 5:53am On Feb 04, 2021
longetivity:
YORUBA is different in terms of respecting the elders
so part of the respect is telling lies to appease the elders ?

1 Like

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by ariesbull: 5:55am On Feb 04, 2021
Elzakzaky:
Sunday Igboho is a very good example of the type of people we call alagbara tio lero (a powerful fool). In yorubaland, if you insult kings and elders, you will lose sympathy. When I watched the video where he insulted a whole Oonirisa, I knew it will not end well for him.

You see the difference with igbo... The igbo are very republican and the kings are there as mere figure heads... They don't have any power ... The power is in the hands of umunna... A kind of parliament where things are debated upon

You don't respect a stealing or rapist old man .. do you?

3 Likes

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by cooooooks(m): 5:55am On Feb 04, 2021
Ooni and Sunday, who is older? How is the Ooni an elder?
Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by osascybog(m): 5:58am On Feb 04, 2021
[quote author=longetivity post=98718487] YORUBA is different in terms of respecting the elders[/quote

Been elderly is not in age or status but in ability to stand up for the truth when the need be,how can you call someone who doesn't care about you an elder...thats the problem with Yoruba people always claiming to be respectful but to a fault...yoruba's are the easiest to buy over in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by ogunsbanjul(m): 5:59am On Feb 04, 2021
Amos 3 vs 3. Yorubas are mannered and cultured. We don't disrespect elders and if by mistake we did we always apologize because Yoruba adage says "omode le laso bi agba sugbon ko le lakisa bi agba" aska aYoruba person around you to interpret to you if you don't understand.
Bluntguy:

3 Likes

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by Nobody: 5:59am On Feb 04, 2021
cooooooks:
It's not by age. The Ooni is the king of Yorubas worldwide. So he's the elder by status. wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by Johnboom: 6:00am On Feb 04, 2021
cooooooks:
Many Children in Nairaland.
Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by Cantonese: 6:05am On Feb 04, 2021
longetivity:

“They said I insulted him”. But everyone saw it and heard it. Respecting elders has nothing to do with tribes. Truthfully Igboho expresses the minds of the oppressed farmers and travelers but he chose the wrong words in that occasion. He must also be careful as he is within the reach of security agencies.

Every reasonable Nigerian needs quality leadership. We all need to move forward and get out of the Fulani Stone Age behavior. This evil Fulani behavior must be put to an end in all states where they think they can misbehave freely. Everyone feels oppressed by the Fulanis and they must not be allowed to return to the presidency. Abacha/Yaradua were Fulanis yet the heavens did not fall over Nigeria.

But I think Igboho’s actions may be subverted by some greedy leaders.
Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by cooooooks(m): 6:08am On Feb 04, 2021
King schming. Let the king stop the herdsmen. It's not just to beat your wife and wear white.

Chii59:

It's not by age. The Ooni is the king of Yorubas worldwide. So he's the elder by status. wink

1 Like

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by Abalado(f): 6:10am On Feb 04, 2021
God in heaven will continue to be with this man,,he has proved to be a leader,,you will never fall Mr igboho

1 Like

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by Cromagnon: 6:10am On Feb 04, 2021
Ludlum:
Apologize for what? that why I love the Igbo culture.An elder cannot be respected by the people,when he is after his own personal gain.
how's it working for you since civil war?

2 Likes

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by RealAlubarika(m): 6:11am On Feb 04, 2021
longetivity:

Respecting elders who can't speak and defend his people in times of killings, raping and kidnapping of his subject.

The problem of average black man is his brain, He can't reason.

Note: respect is earned not demanded.

We rise by lifting others.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by Cantonese: 6:11am On Feb 04, 2021
ariesbull:

You see the difference with igbo... The igbo are very republican and the kings are there as mere figure heads... They don't have any power ... The power is in the hands of umunna... A kind of parliament where things are debated upon

You don't respect a stealing or rapist old man .. do you?

Don’t come here and say what you do not know.

“They don’t have any power”. Who told you that? If Kings don’t have powers why do the people refer cases to him to handle? Why do the people make complaints to him? Why do the people look to him to speak with governments and governors on their behalf? Please choose your words carefully when you speak about Igbo Kings. Even those from autonomous communities are well respected and honored by their people.

You can say those words when you have an irresponsible king and they are in every tribe.

2 Likes

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by Nobody: 6:12am On Feb 04, 2021
Prompto:
So according to foolish Igbos reasoning now Ooni of Ife is now working against Yoruba's interest ?! To de read from cursed Igbos like you don tire me I swear na beating lunatic like you suppose de chop for street with the level of foolishness you display on subject that does not concern you in anyway.

Yorubas are more cursed. Useless VP, useless Obas. The only useful person is about to turn useless.
Always afraid to face your fears! Make una dey there, soon they will add Ondo, Ogun and Osun to Illorin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by dederocs(m): 6:12am On Feb 04, 2021
Wise man, our great hero, over a hundred million Southerners are with you. Nothing must happen to Sunday Ighoho, otherwise what happened recently will be childs play...Sunday Ighoho is fighting a righteous cause. Nothing must happen to him.

2 Likes

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by OhiOfIhima: 6:12am On Feb 04, 2021
Elzakzaky:
Sunday Igboho is a very good example of the type of people we call alagbara tio lero (a powerful fool). In yorubaland, if you insult kings and elders, you will lose sympathy. When I watched the video where he insulted a whole Oonirisa, I knew it will not end well for him.
Seem like you have never been caught in a losing mode. Where someone to be representing you begin to dance across the truth, it vr hurt and painful and can make someone lose self respect. He has apologized, the best thing to have done. This guy is a Messiah.

2 Likes

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by Victor1883(m): 6:13am On Feb 04, 2021
Bluntguy:

At least e no run like kalu
Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by gaftsoil(m): 6:14am On Feb 04, 2021
My Mazi Nnamdi Kanu can never apologize for the truth he said.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by jidxin(m): 6:15am On Feb 04, 2021
Bluntguy:
exactly my point, igbos are too impetuous, they aint tactical, i will always say it, their blood too dey hot, they should sit and draw their blue print instead of just jumping up and down at start acting once the thought comes to their head.

2 Likes

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by Nobody: 6:15am On Feb 04, 2021
cooooooks:
King schming. Let the king stop the herdsmen. It's not just to beat your wife and wear white.

grin grin I don't know of wife beating o. But it seems the Ooni wears only white by tradition. He's cute though. tongue

1 Like

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by Donedeal1(m): 6:16am On Feb 04, 2021
You are not ready yet, not until you people looking this saboteurs in the face and warn them to stop sabotaging the Yoruba projects for their personal interest you can not get any good results, some may have to go to make it work,if you know you know.
Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by Map1(m): 6:18am On Feb 04, 2021
Elzakzaky:
who is Ooni? It just a pity we have this kind of people in power be it Ooni,Alaafin or who so ever all these so called elders, religious leaders and those traditional rulers are the sole beneficiary of the problem I could remember few years ago there was a crisis between Hausa and Yoruba in Ile Ife do you know that the leader of Hausa were flew to Ife and arrested some baale there what is the response of the Ooni then everyone of them keep mute.i have no respect for them all . freedom fighters don't have friend

1 Like

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by jonnypie(m): 6:26am On Feb 04, 2021
Abeg Sunday matter tire me jare... Na God hand we dey now...
Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by Skyfornia(m): 6:30am On Feb 04, 2021
Prompto:
So according to foolish Igbos reasoning now Ooni of Ife is now working against Yoruba's interest ?! To de read from cursed Igbos like you don tire me I swear na beating lunatic like you suppose de chop for street with the level of foolishness you display on subject that does not concern you in anyway.

Shuuut up! Igboho wey first call Ooni saboteur na igbo man abi? Be there deceiving yourself..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by izubext007: 6:32am On Feb 04, 2021
they say, in Yoruba land, they don't insult elders, but I have read on this platform were an elderly person was hacked to death by young person.

the truth really hurts
Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by koolaid87: 6:33am On Feb 04, 2021
Bluntguy:

Its alwsys about the bigger picture

Fcvk Ego
Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by Dchampion65: 6:35am On Feb 04, 2021
Sensible step you took

We appreciate the steps you took. Thinking you can do it alone is very unreasonable. Tongue lashing the Obas is not advisable and not acceptable.

You have spoken well by your action, you dare it all. You told our leaders, Obas in Yoruba land to wake up and surely they will.

Please be careful of unnecessary popularity, one thousand voice that is not equal to one, miscreant who want to profit from your ovation.

@hotwax your usual name calling and curses are expected.

2 Likes

Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by Vatod(m): 6:38am On Feb 04, 2021
princemillla:

No matter what you still don’t abuse the elders. Whether they r doing the right thing or not but one thing am sure of is their decision will consume them and their kinsmen!

More reason why I supported this guy wen he said he won’t go back to oyo to face the supposed waklili, he is a lone fighter with backlash at home
Exactly, we respect our Elders no matter the circumstance
Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by Funkeshuga(m): 6:38am On Feb 04, 2021
Ooni of Ife make a move shows he's not comfortable with the oppression of his people but me I insist that, no leaders traditional or political deserved respect if they continue to keep silent on the killing of their communities

who respect EPP in the face of death? Nonsense
Re: My Utterances, A Slip Of Tongue - Igboho Begs Oni Of Ife, Others (Video) by fragility1000(m): 6:41am On Feb 04, 2021
Flackoo:
What shall it profit a King to protect his throne and lose his People!!!

So many griots sat us down to tell us about tales of great men of Yoruba cultural history while we were young!!!

Balogun Ogunmola
Efusetan Aniwura
Bashorun Gaa
Fabunmi Okemesi
Balogun Ogedengbe
Kurumi
Great Lisabi of Egba
Ajayi Ogboriefon

Add Yours!!!

Trust me one day Igboho will go up there on that list as one of the greatest Yoruba hero of all time
Moremi
Ireke-onibudo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pictures Of One Of The Armed Robber Caught This. Morning(viewer Decretion) / '10-Year-Old Girl Begged Me For Sex' – Construction Worker / IGP Order SARS Not To Attend To Civil Or Commercial Matters Again, But....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.