Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,267 members, 7,807,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

World Cancer Day: Only 3 Public Radiotherapy Centres In Nigeria - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / World Cancer Day: Only 3 Public Radiotherapy Centres In Nigeria (9214 Views)

World Cancer Day: Let's Close The Cancer Gap / World Cancer Day: Lagos To Test 210,000 Women For Cervical Cancer Free Of Charge / World Cancer Day: Only 8 Teaching Hospitals Have Radiotherapy Machines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Cancer Day: Only 3 Public Radiotherapy Centres In Nigeria by FreeSpirited: 12:38pm On Feb 04, 2021
Gff
Re: World Cancer Day: Only 3 Public Radiotherapy Centres In Nigeria by FreeSpirited: 12:43pm On Feb 04, 2021
At least Nigeria needs nothing less than 150 cancer treatment centres with machines...guess how many they have at the moment...just 3...chai.
And the last attempt to build more cancer treatment centres was few years ago, it's still a promise by the ministry of health, guess how many they wanted to add...just 6......when we need about 150 o...hmmm F9 is looks like a score too good for us..3/160 1.8%
If a student scored 1.8% in any exam....it's no longer a matter of failure its a matter taking him for deliverance
Re: World Cancer Day: Only 3 Public Radiotherapy Centres In Nigeria by Brushstrokes20: 12:43pm On Feb 04, 2021
No thanks to the useless govt of self serving THIEVES, past and present.

Ogun kee all of them!
Re: World Cancer Day: Only 3 Public Radiotherapy Centres In Nigeria by bayelsaowei(m): 12:43pm On Feb 04, 2021
Doglove91:
I'm ashamed of Nigeria. What will I tell my children? sad
and a while ago one olodo was faulting folks for relocating to Canada.

Make all the money in Nigeria and die because of poor health centers, bad roads, fulani herds mumu men, bad government, area boys, police, etc.

Of what is the use of making so much money but no infrastructure to sustain one's life to enjoy it.

1 Like

Re: World Cancer Day: Only 3 Public Radiotherapy Centres In Nigeria by haryorbarmie83(m): 1:09pm On Feb 04, 2021
Cancer! It has killed thousands of hundred of people. God deliver us from deadly illness.

1 Like

Re: World Cancer Day: Only 3 Public Radiotherapy Centres In Nigeria by lorhema(f): 1:20pm On Feb 04, 2021
It's expensive getting treatment for cancer.

Yet cancer is not included in the NHIS.

How will patients cope?
Re: World Cancer Day: Only 3 Public Radiotherapy Centres In Nigeria by omoadeleye(m): 1:38pm On Feb 04, 2021
starbuck:
Hope the one at UCH is still functional undecided

Yes , they are still operational, and patients can not pay this huge amounts in UCH Ibadan thou.
Re: World Cancer Day: Only 3 Public Radiotherapy Centres In Nigeria by Cousin9999: 1:38pm On Feb 04, 2021
Machines aren't the only way to do that treatment. There's intravenous chemotherapy.
Re: World Cancer Day: Only 3 Public Radiotherapy Centres In Nigeria by Doglove91: 1:42pm On Feb 04, 2021
bayelsaowei:
and a while ago one olodo was faulting folks for relocating to Canada.

Make all the money in Nigeria and die because of poor health centers, bad roads, fulani herds mumu men, bad government, area boys, police, etc.

Of what is the use of making so much money but no infrastructure to sustain one's life to enjoy it.

I just wonder. I remain speechless each time I hear tales like this. Where's then all the money going to?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World Cancer Day: Only 3 Public Radiotherapy Centres In Nigeria by NwaIgboBoy(m): 1:51pm On Feb 04, 2021
we from GT Nigeria
Re: World Cancer Day: Only 3 Public Radiotherapy Centres In Nigeria by mfm04622: 2:08pm On Feb 04, 2021
lorhema:
It's expensive getting treatment for cancer.

Yet cancer is not included in the NHIS.

How will patients cope?

It is because it is expensive it is not covered. However, many insurance companies offer health insurance and they offer packages that cover cancer treatment
Re: World Cancer Day: Only 3 Public Radiotherapy Centres In Nigeria by pabish(m): 3:43pm On Feb 04, 2021
Nigeria is a shit hole,if one goes to the hospital,and peradventure the ailment diagnosed is not malaria or headache. My dear just know you are in a mess.
Re: World Cancer Day: Only 3 Public Radiotherapy Centres In Nigeria by DECENCY3: 4:34pm On Feb 04, 2021
Cancer is deadly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World Cancer Day: Only 3 Public Radiotherapy Centres In Nigeria by shege45: 4:46pm On Feb 04, 2021
mfm04622:

It is because it is expensive it is not covered. However, many insurance companies offer health insurance and they offer packages that cover cancer treatment
it’s because it is expensive and that’s why it should be covered. So wetin them wan cover? Malaria and typhoid?
Re: World Cancer Day: Only 3 Public Radiotherapy Centres In Nigeria by shege45: 4:48pm On Feb 04, 2021
DECENCY3:
This actually brought tears to my eyes.

How I come about this deadly disease is what I can't figure out.

Because of the dearth of Radiotherapy machine and high cost of treatment, I opted for cutting off one of my breast ( not easy emotionally).

Where do I get #800,000 for chemotherapy treatment?

Why shouldn't I just get myself off this world instead of watching myself die gradually in pains? But if I die, who will take care of my little kids and my aged mother? And if I live how do I face the pains?

All efforts and entreaty I've made, yielded no positive result. Couldn't even blame anyone the economy is so hard. But if I die, at least I'll be buried and I'll find peace and rest.

Oh God! Please use my tears, prayers and faith and the innocency of my kids to give me solution or give me a quick rest in....

Sorry all, I needed to pour out my emotions.

Please if the bills too much on you, show proof online. You can go to twitter and beg people to retweet. Helpers would come if you have proof.
Re: World Cancer Day: Only 3 Public Radiotherapy Centres In Nigeria by DECENCY3: 4:54pm On Feb 04, 2021
Ok
Re: World Cancer Day: Only 3 Public Radiotherapy Centres In Nigeria by helinues: 5:36pm On Feb 04, 2021
352two:
[s][/s]

Mynd44
Lalasticlacla
Seun
Dominique
OAMJ4

Rule 1
Re: World Cancer Day: Only 3 Public Radiotherapy Centres In Nigeria by blackmaine: 8:37pm On Feb 04, 2021
post=98733239:

The government should put up a radiotherapy machine in each state so as to address the major concern of cancer patients.

We Rise.
Noise Maker
Re: World Cancer Day: Only 3 Public Radiotherapy Centres In Nigeria by PAQ(m): 10:54pm On Feb 04, 2021
Doglove91:
I'm ashamed of Nigeria. What will I tell my children? sad

Tell them; there was a country!

1 Like

Re: World Cancer Day: Only 3 Public Radiotherapy Centres In Nigeria by mfm04622: 11:54am On Feb 05, 2021
shege45:
it’s because it is expensive and that’s why it should be covered. So wetin them wan cover? Malaria and typhoid?

At what cost? The govt insurance is the basic one. How much do you think it will cost if cancer treatment is included? For example, Lagos State health insurance is just 8,000.00 per annum. Kaduna State is 10,000.00. NHIS is now 45,000 from 15,000 it used to be! That is without cancer coverage. So how much do you think it will cost with cancer coverage. If you want cancer treatment to be covered, there are many private insurance you can meet for coverage.
Also, we always look down on thing in Nigeria! That NHIS insurance has saved many Nigerians lives! Do you know what it means to be able to go the hospital when you are ill without thinking if you can afford the treatment first? Do you know how many people Malaria and typhoid killed in 2020? The first time i met a beneficiary, she was admitted for nearly 2 weeks at very minimal cost to her.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Beauty Of Tigernut / What's The Remedy For Vaginal Bleeding After Taking Postinor 2 / Get Rid Of Cancer Naturally With Rain Soul

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.