Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

Ondo Court Seals Nigerian Breweries Over N169 Million Tax Liabilities - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ondo Court Seals Nigerian Breweries Over N169 Million Tax Liabilities (10776 Views)

Court Seals First Bank Offices In Umuahia (Photos) / Court Seals Shoprite In Umuahia Over Loan Default (photos) / Court Seals Popular Shopping Mall In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ondo Court Seals Nigerian Breweries Over N169 Million Tax Liabilities by Grace001: 2:02pm On Feb 04, 2021
If you like withdraw their license and let them shut down

So the good for nothing nigeria government blind when hisbah in Kano destroyed alcohol drinks worth of 200m Naira

Useless country

Re: Ondo Court Seals Nigerian Breweries Over N169 Million Tax Liabilities by NwaliE01: 2:44pm On Feb 04, 2021
Nigeria Breweries pays haulage company for the movement and transportation of their products and raw materials.
The third party companies are the one's owing the state government and not Nigerian Breweries plc.
This is witch hunting on the part of the Government.
They know the truth but just playing hard to dirt the image of the company.
Re: Ondo Court Seals Nigerian Breweries Over N169 Million Tax Liabilities by goody234: 3:07pm On Feb 04, 2021
olaboy33:

Correct.

I was surprised seeing the headline.
Nigeria Breweries observes its legal and corporate social responsibilities diligently.

But it is licensed by nigerian breweries to be a distributor no ....
Re: Ondo Court Seals Nigerian Breweries Over N169 Million Tax Liabilities by misterjosh(m): 3:45pm On Feb 04, 2021
internationalman:

You got that right..

All my life I've never heard of beer scarcity

Heineken dey scarce sometimes o, especially those small bottles.
Re: Ondo Court Seals Nigerian Breweries Over N169 Million Tax Liabilities by Ghostmode2two(m): 3:49pm On Feb 04, 2021
post=98733649:
Despite the Billions they are making year in year out?!
They should be in the top 2 companies making madt profits in this nation.

Dem no born any brewery well for obodo oyibo to try this rubbish with their government.

We will get there someday.
It could be that some of the brewry's workers were collecting bribe to cover up for the company's tax evasion
Re: Ondo Court Seals Nigerian Breweries Over N169 Million Tax Liabilities by BBright1: 5:51pm On Feb 04, 2021
Officialgarri:
A brewery being sealed off doesn't mean drinks could not be brought from another brewery outside the state.

What I'm trying to say is that, beer will never be scarce.
Go kano or kaduna it's scarce
Re: Ondo Court Seals Nigerian Breweries Over N169 Million Tax Liabilities by Dollanaira: 8:03pm On Feb 04, 2021
Really
Re: Ondo Court Seals Nigerian Breweries Over N169 Million Tax Liabilities by Abdulsaddiq: 11:28pm On Feb 04, 2021
The hisbah committee appreciates this as you reduce work for them
Re: Ondo Court Seals Nigerian Breweries Over N169 Million Tax Liabilities by Cherez: 11:55pm On Feb 04, 2021
post=98733649:
Despite the Billions they are making year in year out?!
They should be in the top 2 companies making madt profits in this nation.

Dem no born any brewery well for obodo oyibo to try this rubbish with their government.

We will get there someday.
N168Million for 2yrs HAULAGE tax only?
As if Una no go loot the monies?
NB has fed many families x100 and over the rogue govt
People Una don see how much on haulage only govt makes from tax yearly? Same criminals in govt will come crying to you tomorrow that there's no money
Re: Ondo Court Seals Nigerian Breweries Over N169 Million Tax Liabilities by Cherez: 11:57pm On Feb 04, 2021
perestroika19:

Nigerian Breweries doesn't own depots. The case must be between a distributor and the state government
I don't think you're right
They actually do but I think these taxes are too muuch and inappropriate
Just as people pay for road worthiness on unworthy roads.
Re: Ondo Court Seals Nigerian Breweries Over N169 Million Tax Liabilities by emmanok24(m): 1:21am On Feb 05, 2021
Nigerian Breweries still has DEPOTS!

perestroika19:
This is junk journalism as Nigerian Breweries stopped having depots long time ago. What NB does is to appoint distributors that show enough financial strength. The case is between the distributor and the state government .
Re: Ondo Court Seals Nigerian Breweries Over N169 Million Tax Liabilities by perestroika19: 7:19pm On Feb 06, 2021
emmanok24:

Nigerian Breweries still has DEPOTS!

Can you tell me where the so called depots are? NB abolished depot system a long time ago. What you see are distributorship outlets. Some are exclusive to Nigerian Breweries while some sell other products as well.
Re: Ondo Court Seals Nigerian Breweries Over N169 Million Tax Liabilities by perestroika19: 7:21pm On Feb 06, 2021
Cherez:

I don't think you're right
They actually do but I think these taxes are too muuch and inappropriate
Just as people pay for road worthiness on unworthy roads.
Can you tell me where such depots are? All I know is that drinks are ordered for distributors from nearest Brewery locations, not from a depot. The depot system was abolished a long time ago

(1) (2) (Reply)

Access Bank Updated Fixed Deposit Rate 2016 / Small Scale Business Venture That Can Fetch At Least N2000 Daily. / Please What Could Be The Problem. Access Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.